PDA

View Full Version : Dairy Queen is such a rip off!

STANG RED
07-03-2008, 11:12 PM
I just drove back home from Ft. Worth tonight. Had to stop and get gas in Ranger and decided to grab a burger while I was there. Since a DQ was right next to where I got gas I thought I'd just pop in there right quick and grab one. $8.53 for a very sub par burger, fries, and a drink :eek: :mad: . Now I remember why i quit going to DQ years ago.

44INAROW
07-03-2008, 11:16 PM
sorry you had a bad experience at that particular DQ - the DQ in Cuero is home owned and serves excellent food in my opinion.. so if you're ever driving through Cuero -_ give them a try -:p

STANG RED
07-03-2008, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
sorry you had a bad experience at that particular DQ - the DQ in Cuero is home owned and serves excellent food in my opinion.. so if you're ever driving through Cuero -_ give them a try -:p

You may be right about the one in Cuero, but I know the one here in Sweetwater sucks as bad as that one in Ranger, because it's the one I swore off on years ago. There is one in Merkel I have stopped at on odd occasions that has better food, but their service is what sucks so bad there. If it's all the same to you, I think I'll just try to avoid all of them from now on. But thanks for the tip anyway. I really prefer little cafe's and diners anyway, when I can find them. Fast food places are usually my last resort, unless I'm really hungry and in a hurry. Which is what I was tonight.

espn1
07-03-2008, 11:39 PM
The one in Burnet is good!

SWMustang
07-04-2008, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
You may be right about the one in Cuero, but I know the one here in Sweetwater sucks as bad as that one in Ranger, because it's the one I swore off on years ago. There is one in Merkel I have stopped at on odd occasions that has better food, but their service is what sucks so bad there. If it's all the same to you, I think I'll just try to avoid all of them from now on. But thanks for the tip anyway. I really prefer little cafe's and diners anyway, when I can find them. Fast food places are usually my last resort, unless I'm really hungry and in a hurry. Which is what I was tonight.

do the Hulcey's still own the DQ's in S'water??

duckpluck
07-04-2008, 08:43 AM
The one in Taylor is the best DQ I have ever visited. One in Llano is good to.

The one in Georgetown happens to be the worst.

K-MAC Chuck
07-04-2008, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by duckpluck
The one in Taylor is the best DQ I have ever visited. One in Llano is good to.

The one in Georgetown happens to be the worst.

I agree - the one in G-Town is bad..however, the one in Kyle, TX, right off exit #212 on IH-35 is the ABSOLUTE worst...drinks are really bad, food is just horrible.

I found the one in Llano (lived there for 2 years) to be better-than-average but nothing exceptional...

Antec
07-04-2008, 10:19 AM
The DQ In Wharton has great enchiladas with cheese and onions

also serves tacos

pirate4state
07-04-2008, 10:49 AM
The one in Sinton has good food, but they are s-l-o-w.

We all know Giddings has the best DQ in the state! :D :D

Ranger Mom
07-04-2008, 10:52 AM
My daughter in law and I waited 15 minutes for 2 drinks a couple of weeks ago at a local Dairy Queen.

They had a total of 2 employees there.

With everyone leaving jobs to work in the oil field right now.....fast food joints can claim to be anything BUT fast!!!

There are restaurants paying $15 to $17 hour for hostesses and bus boys!!!

ASUFrisbeeStud
07-04-2008, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
do the Hulcey's still own the DQ's in S'water??

I don't know, I'm pretty sure they sold the one in Roscoe.

piratebg
07-04-2008, 12:58 PM
Sinton's is good but slow. The ones in Portland and Odem are really good. My only complaint about DQ is they are a little pricier than Whataburger and McDonalds.

STANG RED
07-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I don't know, I'm pretty sure they sold the one in Roscoe.

They sold the one in Roscoe several years ago. And the last time I drove by there it was closed up tight, and someone was selling heavy equipment that was parked in from of the building.
And I dont think they own the one in Sweetwater anymore either. But I dont know who does.

Antec
07-04-2008, 02:21 PM
One in Wharton also has good pink lemonaid

Old Tiger
07-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
The one in Sinton has good food, but they are s-l-o-w.

We all know Giddings has the best DQ in the state! :D :D and the fanciest

Antec
07-04-2008, 03:53 PM
Wish they would have jukeboxes like the old ones did way back when

part of growing up in the 70s and putting nickels and quarters in

6 for a quarter if im not mistaken

some old diners had the jukebox selectors in the booths and by tables

Gobbla2001
07-05-2008, 11:22 AM
mmm, always loved the DQ in Cuero... the Mexican plate, mmmmmm...

That just sounds bad, $8.00 +... I think I paid around $6.00 the other day for the Jalito's Ranch burger wit fries and a drink...

zebrablue2
07-05-2008, 11:33 AM
we will continue to see prices rise at all eating out places. fry oil has tripled in price in the last year, and ANYTHING made from soybeans and grain, which is fed to many things we eat continues to go through the roof. sad times ahead. if the restaurants want to stay in business, the prices must go up, or they will be forced to close the doors.

Matthew328
07-05-2008, 02:21 PM
Food prices are going up everywhere now....DQ is very hit and miss....when you hit a good one its good..but when its bad..its bad

Old Tiger
07-05-2008, 02:26 PM
The 3 tacos and a large drink for $4.50 is awesome

K-MAC Chuck
07-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Now that I think about it..

we went to Wichita Falls a month ago for a stock car race..

right when we got off IH-35 and onto 287/81, there was a very small DQ off the highway...we stopped there, got food and drinks and it was great!

the only thing was, we waited 20-some minutes at the drive-thru for our food...we looked inside, there wasn't anyone over 23 working there (LOL)...