PDA

View Full Version : Madison's enrollment increase with the Spruce students

JR2004
07-03-2008, 07:06 PM
I believe I said on another thread that I'd be shocked if Madison got more than 300 new students out of the deal. Last week a good friend who coaches there said they received the full list of students who are supposed to attend Madison for the upcoming school year.

The entire list had 472 students on it. If every single kid showed up it would give Madison an enrollment of 995 kids which would be a 4A eligible enrollment size.

That, however, won't be the case from what I was told. Out of the 472 kids on the list, at least 172 failed their freshman year and will be sent to an alternative school. A 172 KIDS!!!! That doesn't even include how many failed and were earmarked to head to Lincoln. Let's say Lincoln's list has a similar number that failed and you've got around 350 kids in one grade that failed. Heck I graduated with 182 from Lampasas just 10 years ago. Diocletian can attest to that number since he was part of that graduating class.

Anyhow that leaves Madison as gaining 300 new students for the next two years while they restructure Spruce. Combined with current enrollment numbers, the school should have 823 kids this year. I say that it'll be less than 300 who actually show up from Spruce though. I would imagine our low end numbers could go to 750 and the high end might be 790, but that's just a guess.