PDA

View Full Version : who does manual underwriting?

charlesrixey
07-03-2008, 07:01 PM
does anyone know who still does manual underwriting for mortgages? i would like to use this method when i move back to texas and buy a house, but i don't know of many banks that still do it

it would work out better for me than FICO lending, for sure

if you don't know what it is, then you probably can't answer my question!:p

raider red 2000
07-03-2008, 10:10 PM
i would think that a small local bank would be more likely to do it than any larger bank.

maybe find an area to live and see if any realtors know of bankers that do it.

what area are you looking into????

BTW- thanks for serving.

BreckTxLonghorn
07-03-2008, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
does anyone know who still does manual underwriting for mortgages? i would like to use this method when i move back to texas and buy a house, but i don't know of many banks that still do it

it would work out better for me than FICO lending, for sure

if you don't know what it is, then you probably can't answer my question!:p

Depends on what area you're moving to. Stay small. Avoid anything i.e. Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Wachovia, WaMu, etc.

I did loans for 3 years for one of the previous banks, and the automatic decisioning did nothing but make haste decisions incorrectly, imo. FICO is still going to play a large role nowadays thanks to the refi boom/bust, but if you find a small enough bank, they'll really work with you.

44INAROW
07-03-2008, 11:12 PM
my mom just closed on her new house Monday - she went with Benchmark -_ and she dealt with an underwriter..___ (be aware - they snuck alot of hidden costs on the HUD closing statement) but she got an excellent rate_ :)