PDA

View Full Version : TSWA All- State Baseball Team

payoff
07-03-2008, 02:09 PM
CLASS 3A

FIRST TEAM

Pitchers — Brent Bollinger, Snyder, sr.; Joseph Alaniz, Sinton, sr.; Michael Wacha, Texarkana Pleasant Grove, jr.

Catcher — Casey Jackson, Bridge City, sr.

First baseman — (tie) Jared Duncan, Pittsburg, jr. and Ethan Lutz, Bandera, sr.

Second baseman — Dustin Murdock, Snyder, sr.

Shortstop — Derek Dallas, Ballinger, sr.

Third baseman — Anthony Trevino, Sinton, sr.

Outfielders — Malcolm Bronson, Jasper, sr.; Mason MacNoll, Abilene Wylie, sr.; Austin Taylor, Lubbock Cooper, sr.

DH — Jordan Littlefield, Marion, jr.

Player of the Year — Bollinger, Snyder

Coach of the Year — Charles Bollinger, Snyder

SECOND TEAM

Pitchers — Zack Dodson, Medina Valley, jr.; Ethan Lutz, Bandera, sr.; and (tie) Cole Stephens, Sanger, sr. and Lance Day, Snyder, sr.

Catcher — (tie) Jake Rangnow, Cuero, jr. and Troy Stein, Medina Valley, soph.

First baseman — (tie) Riley Davis, Snyder, jr. and Josh Rodriguez, Sinton, jr.

Second baseman — Chance Harryman, Cuero, jr.

Shortstop — (tie) Brent Bollinger, Snyder, sr. and Kodey Dixon, Brownfield, jr.

Third baseman — T.J. Bozeman, Groesbeck, sr.

Outfielders — Lucas Cope, Eustace, sr.; Jared Duncan, Pittsburg, jr.; Smiley Alegria, Falfurrias, sr.

DH — Bryce Clifton, Vernon, sr.

THIRD TEAM

Pitchers — Eric Brooks, Taylor, jr.; Mark Herrera, Cuero, sr.; and (tie) Maxx Pope, Lubbock Cooper, sr. and Justin Fielden, Gilmer, sr.

Catcher — John Cannon, Hutto, sr.

First baseman — Dustin Jordan, Llano, sr.;

Second baseman — Robert Dunlap, Sinton, sr.

Shortstop — Ryan Westbrook, Lufkin Hudson, sr.

Third baseman — (tie) Tucker Alexander, Prosper, jr. and Pat Dawkins, Argyle, sr.

Outfielders — Tyler Arndt, Cuero, soph.; Ketarus Stanton, Diboll, sr.; and (tie) Jeremy Murphy, Lufkin Hudson, sr.; and Troy Ruiz, Cuero, jr.

DH — Zack Dodson, Medina Valley, jr.

pero chato
07-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Congrats to our Snyder compadres once again!

GreenMonster
07-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by payoff
CLASS 3A

FIRST TEAM

Shortstop — Derek Dallas, Ballinger, sr.

Either these guys have no clue whatsoever, Ballinger magically moved back up to 3A, or this is a typo. I'm gonna go with "these guys have no clue whatsoever." Most newspaper sportswriters don't. All they have is a list of kids that were compiled by only God knows how and the statististic listed for each kid. Not that some of these kids listed do not deserve to be All-State, but these All-State teams are a joke and a waste of time. The creators of this team may have seen 4 or 5 of these kids actually play in person. This state is simply too big for an All-State team to be legit. Them selecting a 2A kid to be the 3A First Team All State Shortstop only backs up my opinion on this matter.

payoff
07-03-2008, 03:44 PM
I bet this is a type o but man give theses kid a little respect

pero chato
07-03-2008, 04:10 PM
I think the Bollinger/Ballinger thing may have confused our friends from the press.

Gobbler Fan
07-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Congratulations to the 5 Cuero boy's and to all the other players listed .:thumbsup:

j_dog
07-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Congratulations to all picked on this team.

I saw only two of these players this year: Casey Jackson, Bridge City, sr. and Outfielders — Malcolm Bronson, Jasper, sr. I feel that these two players clearly deserved the honor. In fact, the Kansas City Royals thought so much of Malcolm Bronson that they drafted him in the 11th round. He was the first high schooler OR college player drafted from SE Texas.

My guess is that even though there may be other deserving athletes, that all those players chosen on this list are deserving of the honor. :clap:

GreenMonster
07-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by payoff
I bet this is a type o but man give theses kid a little respect

First off, this isn't directed at any of these kids. It's directed at some sportswriters that are voting on a bunch of kids they have never seen play for an all-state team. Many of the sportswriters with a vote do not even cover HS baseball for their paper therefore even the kid at the HS 2 blocks from the office wasn't seen in action by the guy voting. Secondly, I think it's a sham because of the quality kids left off the list not the ones on it. Like I stated in my previous post, this state is entirely too big for an All-State team to be legit. There are just too many great ball players that get over-looked. The closest thing to a true All-State team you will find is the one released by the Texas High School Baseball Coaches Association. These guys are real good about calling around and talking to their colleagues to try to get the very best team possible. So, to clear the air, I'm not disrespecting any of these kids listed.