PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre needs to just quit

Old Tiger
07-02-2008, 03:03 PM
it pisses me off he retires and the packers draft a QB to be a back up to Rodgers......

BreckTxLonghorn
07-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Did I miss something?

Old Tiger
07-02-2008, 03:09 PM
NFL Live reported that he's got the "itch" to come back and is in talks with the HC

pirate4state
07-02-2008, 03:14 PM
:doh: :doh:

you KNEW it was coming!

jlg043
07-02-2008, 03:14 PM
I dont think he will come back

Trashman
07-02-2008, 05:55 PM
He is a competitor and the really good ones do not know when to quit. It will be hard to give up the only life he has known up to this point. I actually feel sorry for him.

zebrablue2
07-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
it pisses me off he retires and the packers draft a QB to be a back up to Rodgers......

this really gets to you that much? what do you have in it, I mean to get that P'd off? please explain...

Old Tiger
07-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
this really gets to you that much? what do you have in it, I mean to get that P'd off? please explain... my partnership with the packers organization ;)

Emerson1
07-02-2008, 07:28 PM
my partnership with the packers organization ;)
You mean you don't want him to come back to get revenge on your Giants

Old Tiger
07-02-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
You mean you don't want him to come back to get revenge on your Giants you're an idiot where do you even come up with that

zebrablue2
07-02-2008, 08:09 PM
my partnership with the packers organization ;)

you crack me up dude. I would be thrilled to see him come back, even though it is a bad idea. he could get really messed up. do not want him to get hurt for life. I am a brett fan, and truly hope he stays retired...

bobcat1
07-02-2008, 08:32 PM
you're an idiot where do you even come up with that Rule violation

3). Do not engage in personal attacks and/or threats.
This is NOT a smack site. We are not here to air personal vendettas. Bashing of students/athletes (grades 12 & under) will NOT be tolerated. Avoid using people's real names in your posts, name calling and the use of derogatory terms toward others. That attaches a personal flavor that most posters will find objectionable. Try reversing the roles and see how you would feel if someone said it to you or about your child. Personal attacks or threats, if reported, in PM's, open chat, or chat IM's may warrant warning, suspension or banning, subject to Administrator discretion. At 3A Downlow, we also tend to frown upon posts that attack the integrity of school systems and coaches. Use intelligence & wit. If all you have to offer is the tired old rah rah stuff, the vets on this site will tire of you quickly. Be prepared to offer facts and statistics to back up your claims.

mistanice
07-02-2008, 10:29 PM
I also would like to see him play one more season, afterall he helped me win my fantasy league last season!

87 TIGER
07-02-2008, 11:25 PM
reported ..all a rumor, not gonna happen.
but who wouldn't love to see him play another year or more. class act.

BreckTxLonghorn
07-03-2008, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
but who wouldn't love to see him play another year or more. class act.

Its real classy to tell the team that stuck with you through the bad times that you're retiring, let them prepare for your protege to take over, draft another QB to help with long term, do free agent signings built around cap space your retirement built; then tell them you have an itch to play to where they look like the bad guy if they don't ask you to come back, but then allowing you would basically ruin the past 6 months of planning.

Old Tiger
07-03-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
but who wouldn't love to see him play another year or more. class act. I personally wouldn't and I know for a fact Aaron Rodgers wouldn't.

Rodgers should just punch favre in the face if he does come back and demand a trade.

charlesrixey
07-03-2008, 01:09 PM
please don't come back--even if you have been my favorite qb since the mid-90's (gotta love a fellow mississippian!)

Old Tiger
07-03-2008, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
please don't come back--even if you have been my favorite qb since the mid-90's (gotta love a fellow mississippian!) gotta like mississippi people
http://hoox.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/hillbilly.jpg

:D:p

charlesrixey
07-03-2008, 02:13 PM
gotta like mississippi people
http://hoox.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/hillbilly.jpg

:D:p

to be honest, i am in fact a twin!:p

sicem74
07-07-2008, 03:30 PM
COME ON YALL FAVRE IS A HOF LET EM COME BACK AND WRECK AND LET EM HAVE FUN

popcorn screen
07-08-2008, 04:55 PM
If Farve wants to play, I agree that he is a Packer legend, and I am a fan, but the Packers appear to have moved on. I look forward to watching AR lead the pack. However, if he wants to play, GB should release him so that he can find a team. I for one would sure hate to see him go to a division rival, come back and kick the pack. That would not be good. GB has made many good personnel moves in the past few years. This reminds me on the Joe Montana scenario. Oh, if I was married to
Bretts wife, retirement is not too bad....