PDA

View Full Version : #2 Bellville 35 @ Navasota 13

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-17-2003, 11:41 PM
Bellville looked like a top rated team tonight, had no problem with the Rattlers, only on kick-offs. Bellville's 2nd teamers played the 4th.

3afan2K3
10-17-2003, 11:42 PM
a #2 team only scored 35 points thats kinda low considering their starters played until the 4th quarter

DawgFan91
10-17-2003, 11:44 PM
Man, you are hard...

Navasota is a very athletic team... Bellville, beat them down in Navasota... Ease up.

Bongo
10-17-2003, 11:48 PM
Bellville was in control of the game.
Chris Smith was held in check. Bellville had it pretty much it's way on both sides of the ball. And when a lot of people were predicting a Rattler victory, well I think that says a lot for Bellville. When two top ranked teams play you don't expect this type of point differential. I certainly predicted a close game.

"Da Bulls" played great! Good job guys.

Pudlugger
10-17-2003, 11:50 PM
Excellent! Navasota is a tough team and to beat them convincingly in their stadium! This is another big win for the Brahmas. Good luck the rest of the way. :)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-17-2003, 11:51 PM
Class act by Bellville, the Brahmas could have scored more, but classy move to play the subs, and not run up the score, or get someone hurt. Way to go Bellville 7-0!!!!

fullhouse
10-17-2003, 11:59 PM
Way to go Brahmas! Very impressive. eek!

Talk_To_The_Paw
10-18-2003, 12:09 AM
Mighty impressive controlling the Rattlers in the Snakepit. Good job!

Bellville22
10-18-2003, 12:23 AM
Can you say STATEMENT!!!

Excellent win by the Bulls tonight, on the hostile grounds of the Snakepit in Navasota. The pit was packed, and they saw a show put on by the Bellville Brahmas.

I thought Bellville controlled every part of this game, with the exception of Kickoff Coverage (man those guys from Nav. are quick). Bellville established the run, and used it to set up the pass. The Rattlers were never able to figure out the versitile O of the Bulls, and the scoreboard reflected it. No quick strike scores tonight, but I was glad to see the Bulls sustain some long drives. The main goal for Bellville was to stop Chris Smith, and they did an excellent job of it. Smith got his yards, but was unable to take over the game like he is used to. Tremendous job of swarming to the ball by the Bulls D, which has improved weekly. Offensively it was a great game. Bellville ran the ball effectively inside and out, threw it well, and Buenger showed that he's capable of hurting a D with his legs.

Navasota was never able to establish a game plan. Most teams have been able to run right at the Bulls, and the Rattlers didn't try it enough in my opinion. They spread the ball out, and weren't able to get in a groove offensively. This team does have some athletes though. They play pretty decent man coverage in the secondary, and have some athletes that are capable of making plays. Still think this team could do some damage in the playoffs, will be interesting to see how they bounce back against Sealy next week in Sealy.

Congrats to the Brahmas, alot of people thought the Rattlers would take this one. This was a great win, especially on the road at a tough stadium. Great all around team effort, and it came with no injuries, which is good. (Speaking of injuries, any word on the Navasota kid who suffered the injury on the kickoff return?) Keep it rollin' Bulls. One week at a time. Time to gear up for Stafford.

Bongo
10-18-2003, 12:38 AM
Good analysis 22, I think Buenger came of age tonight. He has always thown the ball well, but tonight the defense dropped back into pass coverage very quickly and Jess didn't hesitate to tuck it and run. He took what was available and didn't force anything.

As you said the defense swarmed to the ball, but I think they also hit harder tonight than I've seen this year.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-18-2003, 01:01 AM
How many yards did C. Smith have?
Can you have district offensive co-mvps? Buenger, Goeke, Runnels ect.
Who do you think on the defensive side for the Brahmas?

Bongo
10-18-2003, 01:06 AM
Defense is tough because nobody stands out. The Grell kid played well tonight. Rodiek (Iceman) had another good game. I was impressed the Bellville linemen tonight. As a unit they had their best game.

Footballfan25
10-18-2003, 01:13 AM
Smith 14 - 105

Bull's-eye
10-18-2003, 03:21 AM
Great game in the "Pit". I kind of like the old stadium. Reminded me of ancient Rome, with the players coming down the steps, looking like gladiators ready to do battle. Bellville used their complete arsenal. The offense rolled up 440 yards, with just about everybody getting their share. Too much balance for any defense to stop. The defense held Navasota to 182 total yards. I think this was their best game of the year. Great play by #40 on 4th and goal on the 3 yard line. Receivers were making unbelievable catches, both backs ran great and qb passed with precision. Qb also ran when nothing was open. Bellville looked like a "well-oiled" machine.

<small>[ October 18, 2003, 03:38 AM: Message edited by: Bull's-eye ]</small>

BrahmaMom
10-18-2003, 10:14 AM
I am so proud of our Brahmas! Sounds like everybody stepped up and it was their best game yet, lots of personal growth and bests, as well as team best. Wow, makes you love the game and what it can teach these young men about doing what it takes. Congrats, Bulls, now just keep taking care of business, on and off the field. Go Bellville! Don't let up!

venomous tat2
10-18-2003, 02:04 PM
bellville 22 roland wells has a torn acl. he said his foot stuck to ground when he turned to block and he felt his knee pop. thanks for asking.this loss (game) will get us ready for the next level" in order to be your best you have to play the best" we know what we have to do.

BrahmaMom
10-18-2003, 09:22 PM
So sorry to hear @ Wells' injury, I can picture it. I hope he can get it repaired and fully recover, is he a senior? Always hurts to hear about those serious injuries. My heart goes out to him.

Bellville22
10-18-2003, 09:38 PM
Best of luck to that young man. It looked bad as he walked off the field. Wish him the best throughout his recovery.

venomous tat2
10-19-2003, 01:02 PM
BrahmaMom wells is a jr don,t know when he will have surgery but we expext to have him back for his sr year. he is a GREAT kid and will be missed.

Bull's-eye
10-19-2003, 02:06 PM
Hey Venomous tat2, hope the "Road Hog" didn't give you too hard of a time. Don't know why you let the bull's #1 fan live in Navasota. Good luck the rest of the season and a speedy recovery for the injured player.

Brahma73
10-19-2003, 10:21 PM
Sorry I'm late here, guys. Just got back into town. I was at the game Friday w/ my wife. We got there early enough to see the build-up of emotion and anticipation in the Rattler fans and players. We saw the confident team in blue "gettin' it up" at midfield before the kick-off, hungry for some beef. I was concerned. Looking across the field 4 quarters later, the only thing that came to mind for me was simply this: Demoralized. Totally demoralized.
Anyone who attended this game that didn't see the total domination by Bellville wasn't paying attention. Even I, the sceptical one, was in awe. There may be a big booger bear awaiting the Bulls somewhere, but it ain't in 23AAA. This is a team that is figuring it all out. I've not stuck my neck out before now, and Bellville22, you know how reluctant you & I are to do that sort of thing. But this is a really complete football team that keeps improving. This is a much better team than the one that beat Rice earlier.
The defense is showing me the right stuff, and that's bad news for opponents ahead. The highly touted firepower for the Rattlers was categorically snuffed. The big boy got a few yards, but was no factor. Save a couple of kick-off returns, this was one of the more complete shellackings I've ever seen of a pretty solid opponent.
It would be easy to say that the difference was the meltdown of the Navasota offense on the first couple of series, but that just doesn't wash. Bellville's offense was frighteningly versatile, finally using all it's weapons and being patient, something I've been waiting for. So often good drives were ended when greed set in and we just had to throw the long ball. Not Friday. The Bulls moved at will on O and the D only bent slightly. I don't think I've ever seen us so hungry and aggressive on defense.
My hat is off to you Bulls! Keep your head small and your goals high. Read the quote at the bottom of all my posts and believe. WOW! eek!

p.s. - I wish a speedy and complete recovery to the Rattler's injured player. :)

Bellville22
10-19-2003, 10:44 PM
Very nice, 73, I was waiting for you to chime in. You're right, you and I have never bragged about or over-boasted our team, but this was an impressive victory. As the defense gets better, so does this team, and they showed me some heart and fire Friday night. It's very early still, but this team appears to be finishing the fine tuning, and peaking at the right time. As the players came out at halftime of the Rice game, down by 8, and I stood in the "spirit line", I noticed a look in Jess Buenger's eyes. It was a look that told me nothing was going to stop them, or prevent them from winning that game. Friday night I saw that same look in everyone's eyes, and I think it's here to stay. One game at a time Bulls.

BrahmaMom
10-19-2003, 10:54 PM
Great to hear about that look in the eye, it says a lot about our Brahmas. Nope, we don't brag or overstate, but by gum, we can be proud of that team Friday night. They have improved every game, they've got the talent, the drive, and the heart, and now they got a taste of what it's like and they want more. One game at a time--Go Brahmas!!

hornsfootball
10-20-2003, 12:33 AM
Man, What an impressive win! And a team win at that. Great job at every position. Great job coaching. This team has that special atmosphere that comes around once in a blue moon. They have something that last year's team lacked. It is that indescribable feeling that you get watching them that only the great teams have. Every player plays beyond their ability and even in times that things seem bad (which haven't been often) you just know they will pull it out. I am so proud of this team and the coaching staff and wish them the best of luck!