PDA

View Full Version : Standing at Games = Banned

Old Tiger
07-02-2008, 11:22 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Fans-are-asked-to-treat-Chiefs-games-like-bowlin?urn=nfl,91291

Quote:
Fans are asked to treat Chiefs games like bowling matches
By MJD

The Kansas City Chiefs have a "Fan Code of Conduct," which is essentially a list of rules that fans have to follow when they're attending a game at Arrowhead. In theory, it's not a bad idea, as you'd like your stadium to provide a friendly atmosphere for families and people who aren't drunken hooligans.

In practice, though, it might not be such a great idea, especially if the person responsible for coming up with the rules is an 85-year-old woman who teaches the 2nd grade and regards standing up as one of the evil things that young whippersnappers often do. Seriously, standing erect is the No. 2 item on the list of things that are prohibited:

• Standing and/or obstructing the view of other fans

Not only that, Pro Football Talk points out how seated fans can anonymously tattle on their upright counterparts:

The Chiefs also have set up a text-messaging system that allows fans who might be offended by behaviors like standing to report the situation to the powers-that-be.

Awesome. I hear they're even taking the extra step and including bed pans with every seat, so no one has to get up to use the bathroom. They're going to make the beer and peanut vendors crawl through the stadium on all fours. Also, as soon as you get to your seat and sit down, an usher's going to come by and inject you with a temporary paralytic.

Maybe I'm overreacting. The anti-standing policy might only be temporary. Maybe they'll lift the ban when the Chiefs can field an offense that might actually score a touchdown every now and then and might give fans a reason to stand. Maybe this is only the policy until Brodie Croyle improved or is replaced.

Still, it seems like an asinine, joyless, and dangerous policy. If standing is banned, we can't be far away from banning yelling, too, can we? I'm all for a friendly fan experience, but I'd also rather not turn Arrowhead into the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club.

pirate4state
07-02-2008, 11:25 AM
hahahaha whippersnappers - i've used that word a few times this week :D

what a crock! if i pay $85+ for a ticket to an NFL game and I want to stand up the whole time, I will! :mad:

DaHop72
07-02-2008, 11:46 AM
I think that "stading" at games should be banned as well.:devil: :devil:

DaHop72
07-02-2008, 11:49 AM
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

:D :D

pirate4state
07-02-2008, 11:52 AM
i didn't do it

Phil C
07-02-2008, 11:54 AM
SIT DOWN!! :mad:

PHS Wildcats
07-02-2008, 08:03 PM
I was siiting behind 2 guys at a game recently and they were standing and talking on the phone and looking up and behind them in the stands. I can understand if a play is going on, but do you have to stand to talk on the phone, even if you aren't paying attention to the game?:mad:

espn1
07-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
I was siiting behind 2 guys at a game recently and they were standing and talking on the phone and looking up and behind them in the stands. I can understand if a play is going on, but do you have to stand to talk on the phone, even if you aren't paying attention to the game?:mad: That's when I get on their a$$. I don't put up with it.

Ranger Mom
07-02-2008, 09:23 PM
LOL!! I remember at the Hondo/Liberty Hill game in 2006, Sinton66 wanted me, Pirate4State and CHS_CG to sit down!!:eek: :eek:

We didn't.....I think he ended up moving!!

Sorry Tony!!:p

pirate4state
07-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
LOL!! I remember at the Hondo/Liberty Hill game in 2006, Sinton66 wanted me, Pirate4State and CHS_CG to sit down!!:eek: :eek:

We didn't.....I think he ended up moving!!

Sorry Tony!!:p

:D

The nerve!

bwdlionfan
07-02-2008, 09:27 PM
I had a man ask me last year at a home football game if I would sit down, and it was during a big play on defense. I told him, "no, that if he can't see he should stand up too, and if I sat I couldn't see as people in front of me were standing." So then he asked me to ask them to sit down in front of me. So I told him flat out, "look, I support this team, and if you don't, you need to get rid of your season tickets and go sit somewhere else in the stadium where you don't have to worry about someone standing up in front of you".... I didn't have another word out of him the rest of the season.

Emerson1
07-02-2008, 09:30 PM
I had a lady ask me to sit down at a Mavs game this year, it was during the introductions. I just stared at her for a few seconds then turned back around

Ranger Mom
07-02-2008, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
I had a man ask me last year at a home football game if I would sit down, and it was during a big play on defense. I told him, "no, that if he can't see he should stand up too, and if I sat I couldn't see as people in front of me were standing." So then he asked me to ask them to sit down in front of me. So I told him flat out, "look, I support this team, and if you don't, you need to get rid of your season tickets and go sit somewhere else in the stadium where you don't have to worry about someone standing up in front of you".... I didn't have another word out of him the rest of the season.

That was the exact reason I gave up my season tickets. The man that sat behind me has problems and couldn't stand up, but I couldn't sit down..... the "season ticket holders" around me were all a bunch of fuddy duddies anyway, so I am better off in the rowdy section!!:D

RTigMom
07-03-2008, 01:40 PM
That's why my season tickets are in the rowdy section! I'm all for being loud during the game!!

This is my first post! I'm new to the down low, but have been reading it for a long time. Looking forward to a great season and some good competition! :cheerl:

Old Tiger
07-03-2008, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by RTigMom
That's why my season tickets are in the rowdy section! I'm all for being loud during the game!!

This is my first post! I'm new to the down low, but have been reading it for a long time. Looking forward to a great season and some good competition! :cheerl: welcome to the board and if ya got season tickets for rockdale I wouldn't call that section the "rowdy section" :p

RTigMom
07-03-2008, 01:46 PM
Where I am we are! Dont' sit much. But, there definately are some areas that need waking up!