PDA

View Full Version : New 3A school in two years

sinton66
07-02-2008, 10:35 AM
I have heard that Boerne ISD will build and open a new high school two years from now. It will be a 3A school when it opens. That's one town that has the financial resources to do whatever they want.

BILLYFRED0000
07-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
I have heard that Boerne ISD will build and open a new high school two years from now. It will be a 3A school when it opens. That's one town that has the financial resources to do whatever they want.
You got that right. Man do they have the cash. Nice place.

ronwx5x
07-02-2008, 10:59 AM

Any idea where it will be built? My guess is either on the east side of Boerne or east of town on 46 going toward New Braunfels. That's where the rich folks are moving in.

sinton66
07-02-2008, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Any idea where it will be built? My guess is either on the east side of Boerne or east of town on 46 going toward New Braunfels. That's where the rich folks are moving in.

I didn't hear where it would be built, only that it was definitely in the making. My daughter was teaching at Boerne middle school and is going to the current high school this next school year. If I remember, I'll ask the next time I talk with her.

sinton66
07-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Wow, the Boerne website says it will open in the fall of this year. Here's the link. Nice looking school.
Boerne's new highschool (http://www.boerne-isd.net/page.cfm?p=4282)

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-02-2008, 11:52 AM
That does look nice!

pirate4state
07-02-2008, 11:57 AM
The enterance looks like a water tower!

JasperDog94
07-02-2008, 12:16 PM
New Caney ISD will have a new school opening up in 2009 that could be on the 3A level. Right now they are barely 5A, so unless they split the kids 50/50 one of the schools could be in 3A for a short period of time.

Old Green
07-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Wow, the Boerne website says it will open in the fall of this year. Here's the link. Nice looking school.
Boerne's new highschool (http://www.boerne-isd.net/page.cfm?p=4282) That's Champion High School right off Hwy 46. It is openining this year as a 4A. I checked it out Memorial Day Weekend while I was in Boerne. Beautiful School.

sinton66
07-02-2008, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
That's Champion High School right off Hwy 46. It is openining this year as a 4A. I checked it out Memorial Day Weekend while I was in Boerne. Beautiful School.
The current high school is a 4A. I was told the new one would open as a 3A. Maybe they're opening a 4A this year and a 3A in two years? It's a rapid growth area for sure. I'm guessing athletics won't start until next year. It's not on the UIL list in 3A or 4A.

Old Green
07-02-2008, 01:23 PM
The current high school is a 4A. I was told the new one would open as a 3A. Maybe they're opening a 4A this year and a 3A in two years? It's a rapid growth area for sure. I'm guessing athletics won't start until next year. It's not on the UIL list in 3A or 4A. Maybe that was what my friend Gary was telling me that it was opening as a 3A but would probably compete as a 4A in a couple of years. Kinda confused now:)

sinton66
07-02-2008, 01:26 PM
I guess my daughter would know, she isn't into sports all that much, but she does teach in the district. She did say TWO years though.

Ranger Mom
07-02-2008, 01:44 PM
I guess my daughter would know, she isn't into sports all that much, but she does teach in the district. She did say TWO years though.

Where did we go wrong??

Not a single one of my 5 kids is into sports!!!

sinton66
07-02-2008, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Where did we go wrong??

Not a single one of my 5 kids is into sports!!!

Dunno, neither her or her husband are into sports. My son is , but is all engrossed with work and doesn't get to many games.

LH Panther Mom
07-02-2008, 05:34 PM
I got this from another board.

"In 2008-9, Boerne High School will be under renovation. Boerne's mascot remains the Greyhound, and their colors will remain the same, but the school will be empty for a year. A portion (less than half) of the Boerne high school students will attend BHS starting in 2009-10.

Starting this fall, 2008-9, the new Boerne Champion High School will hold all the high school students in Boerne, and their mascot is the Charger, with colors of blue and silver.

I believe the initial expectation is that Champion will remain 4A in the next cycle, and that Boerne will be either 3A or possibly 4A, depending on area growth over the next couple years."

Boerne Champion is listed in DCTF as being in 27-4A. So, the new school is open, from what I see.

Clyde
07-02-2008, 06:35 PM
No Boerne High School this year, just Boerne Champion. They are renovating Boerne High School. When renovations are complete, they will then have 2 schools, probably a 4A and 3A, or 2 4A's.

NastySlot
07-06-2008, 10:08 PM
boerne's new school is champions and will be the only school next season....old boerne high will get renovated.....it's going to be a mess.....in boerne.......talked to a buddy of mine over there said that when the old school reopens the kids in boerne will have a choice as to which they want to attend.......he told me don't expect too many kids to choose the old school...and that the town is really getting divided over this......a lot of older boerne folks are upset.

Emerson1
07-06-2008, 10:20 PM
Sounds like they handled this terribly.

Forney is doing the same thing but for the most part seems like it will go over smoothly. The incoming freshman who will be attending the other HS as sophomores and the first graduation class will have classes all by themselves when possible next year in the current HS, then move on to the new school the in 09.

They put a boundary for who goes to what school, no choosing which one you want to go to because it's a new building. There are ways to stay at the current HS, but only families that have been here for awhile will benefit which I like.