PDA

View Full Version : The Energy Non-Crisis

Additup
07-02-2008, 12:58 AM
Prudhoe Bay on the North Slope of Alaska can produce two million barrels of oil every 24 hours for 20 to 40 years at artesian pressure. Kuparuk is twice the size of Prudhoe and Gull Island is 4 times the size of Prudhoe (making it the richest oil field on the earth).

Lindsey Williams talks about his first hand knowledge of Alaskan oil reserves larger than any on earth. And he talks about why the oil companies and U.S. government won't send it through the pipeline for U.S. citizens to use...(and it ain't because of environmental concerns)

I watched the first 10 minutes of his lecture and had to finish it. He connected some dots I've always had questions about.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3340274697167011147

Old Tiger
07-02-2008, 01:24 AM
20 minutes in....and it's pretty interesting stuff

garciap77
07-02-2008, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Additup
Prudhoe Bay on the North Slope of Alaska can produce two million barrels of oil every 24 hours for 20 to 40 years at artesian pressure. Kuparuk is twice the size of Prudhoe and Gull Island is 4 times the size of Prudhoe (making it the richest oil field on the earth).

Lindsey Williams talks about his first hand knowledge of Alaskan oil reserves larger than any on earth. And he talks about why the oil companies and U.S. government won't send it through the pipeline for U.S. citizens to use...(and it ain't because of environmental concerns)

I watched the first 10 minutes of his lecture and had to finish it. He connected some dots I've always had questions about.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3340274697167011147
Dead man walking!:thinking:

Additup
07-02-2008, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
20 minutes in....and it's pretty interesting stuff
1st things 1st - Excellent choice for Hot Girl of the Month.

As for Mr. Williams, while talking heads say it's a war over oil - he's explained it to me better than any politician or any member of the press ever has.

Maybe this guy is a wack-job, but something tells me he knows what he's talking about...IMF, Kissinger, Greenspan, The World Bank, oil denomination in Dollars vs Euros and OPEC buying back our national debt.

If he's not crazy, he's hacking off some powerful people...

Old Tiger
07-02-2008, 09:54 AM
politicians are just puppets and if you trust what they say then you're an idiot IMO

Blastoderm55
07-02-2008, 10:02 AM
I'm not so sure they're puppets as they are whores. Doing everything they can, screwing over anyone in their way. All to line their own pockets. And it makes sense. What motivation do they have to give us cheap gas?

BobcatBenny
07-02-2008, 11:09 AM
Join here --> http://www.jbs.org/index.php/menu-members :D

big daddy russ
07-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Interesting facts, but a little conspiracy theory-ish, don't you think? I'm kinda skeptical that they killed off JFK and destroyed that senator.

Additup
07-02-2008, 12:47 PM
I agree it's heavy on the conspiracy theory and he never did follow up on the JFK stuff (but who doesn't have a JFK theory?).

If ANY of it is smoke, there's probably a fire somewhere. Not hard for me to believe we told Saddam we'd allow Iraq to invade Kuwait and then double crossed him...

Not hard to believe Israel might attack Iran because Iran's new oil exchange is denominated to Euros instead of dollars. Maybe nuclear facilities are a justification? Wars have been started over less than that...I love the one western diplomat's quote today - "I don't think there will be an attack in the next six months."
:thinking:

Is the sky falling yet? I gotta get a grip.
I'm going to play some guitar hero and not think about anything for a few hours.

ronwx5x
07-02-2008, 01:01 PM
[Is the sky falling yet? I gotta get a grip.
I'm going to play some guitar hero and not think about anything for a few hours. [/B]

37 years old and still playing Guitar Hero for hours? You're right, you gotta get a grip! Better yet a job.:devil: :devil:

Additup
07-02-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
37 years old and still playing Guitar Hero for hours? You're right, you gotta get a grip! Better yet a job.:devil: :devil:

:D :clap:
Peter Pan Syndrome at it's finest...It is Guitar Hero "Rocks the 80's"

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-02-2008, 01:54 PM
I still stand firm on the notion that it is us trading oil futures and the constant speculation that takes place that is driving the price of gas and other petroleum products through the roof. It's all a ploy to get more money by somebody, otherwise diesel wouldn't be as expensive as it is...

Phil C
07-02-2008, 02:01 PM
We need confirmation by the National Enquirer!

Rabbit'93
07-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I still stand firm on the notion that it is us trading oil futures and the constant speculation that takes place that is driving the price of gas and other petroleum products through the roof. It's all a ploy to get more money by somebody, otherwise diesel wouldn't be as expensive as it is... I'm with you on this. I heard somewhere that a barrel of oil is traded 20 times before it even comes out of the gound.

Gontex
07-02-2008, 08:14 PM
I checked the dates on the copyright and apparently the book was written way back in the late 70's or early 80's. I didn't listen to the entire speech(sermon), but honestly, I would have a difficult time buying in to what he is saying. At the time he was writing his book, oil was selling in the vicinity of $10.00 per barrell. Today, that same oil is selling for upwards of $130 per barrell. Do you really think that if that kind of product were there that the oil companies wouldn't jump through their butts to produce it and get it onto the market? The conspiracy would have to have been huge for it to still be ongoing today. Alaska was developed during the Carter administration. You have since had Reagan, Bush I, Clinton and Bush II. It simply does not sound feasible to me.

1st things 1st - Excellent choice for Hot Girl of the Month.

As for Mr. Williams, while talking heads say it's a war over oil - he's explained it to me better than any politician or any member of the press ever has.

Maybe this guy is a wack-job, but something tells me he knows what he's talking about...IMF, Kissinger, Greenspan, The World Bank, oil denomination in Dollars vs Euros and OPEC buying back our national debt.

If he's not crazy, he's hacking off some powerful people...

espn1
07-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Gontex
I checked the dates on the copyright and apparently the book was written way back in the late 70's or early 80's. I didn't listen to the entire speech(sermon), but honestly, I would have a difficult time buying in to what he is saying. At the time he was writing his book, oil was selling in the vicinity of $10.00 per barrell. Today, that same oil is selling for upwards of $130 per barrell. Do you really think that if that kind of product were there that the oil companies wouldn't jump through their butts to produce it and get it onto the market? The conspiracy would have to have been huge for it to still be ongoing today. Alaska was developed during the Carter administration. You have since had Reagan, Bush I, Clinton and Bush II. It simply does not sound feasible to me. The book has been updated and the speech was more recent. Listen to the whole thing and then draw conclusions.

rancher
07-02-2008, 08:53 PM
In case you did not read the article, the U.S. Air Force will be using synthetic fuel for their entire fleet of air craft by 2011. The fuel will be made from coal by a process called coal gasification. This was invented by Germany in WWII. The refinary for the process is going to be on a base in Montana. Estimates of the U.S. coal suppy are that gas, diesel and aviation fuel could be made for 250 years with the supply of coal in the U.S. Texas was mention as having a large supply of lignite coal. I know this is true from the coal plants in the central texas area.

wimbo_pro
07-02-2008, 10:56 PM
I still stand firm on the notion that it is us trading oil futures and the constant speculation that takes place that is driving the price of gas and other petroleum products through the roof. It's all a ploy to get more money by somebody, otherwise diesel wouldn't be as expensive as it is...

To be straight honest with you, Big Blue (and you know I like you, big guy), I think a direct and undeniable line can be drawn from the price of gas today at the pump to the policies of the people and party you so overtly and enthusiastically support...the liberal democrats.

They oppose drilling in this country...drilling in Alaska (God knows the Caribou would suffer intolerably), drilling off-shore (the poor jelly fish!!!), drilling anywhere (can't we all just get along?).

They oppose oil companies wanting to expand and explore more in this country, preferring to tax them versus encourage them to be innovative. "Windfall Profit Tax"...there you go...good thinking...THAT will improve our energy problem....riiiigghhhhttttt.

But now...suddenly....the price is rising "unexpectedly". News flash, liberal democrats...it aint unexpected. It is totally predictable. I don't blame just the people mentioned above...I also blame the right wing as well...I blame them for not ignoring the cries of the environmentally challenged left and for not passing legislation that would actually do something about our problem.

OK...I feel better now....

JasperDog94
07-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
To be straight honest with you, Big Blue (and you know I like you, big guy), I think a direct and undeniable line can be drawn from the price of gas today at the pump to the policies of the people and party you so overtly and enthusiastically support...the liberal democrats.

They oppose drilling in this country...drilling in Alaska (God knows the Caribou would suffer intolerably), drilling off-shore (the poor jelly fish!!!), drilling anywhere (can't we all just get along?).

They oppose oil companies wanting to expand and explore more in this country, preferring to tax them versus encourage them to be innovative. "Windfall Profit Tax"...there you go...good thinking...THAT will improve our energy problem....riiiigghhhhttttt.

But now...suddenly....the price is rising "unexpectedly". News flash, liberal democrats...it aint unexpected. It is totally predictable. I don't blame just the people mentioned above...I also blame the right wing as well...I blame them for not ignoring the cries of the environmentally challenged left and for not passing legislation that would actually do something about our problem.

OK...I feel better now.... Neither group has solved the problem. One group has no real solutions. The other doesn't have the backbone to go forward with real solutions.:dispntd: :dispntd:

BobcatBenny
07-03-2008, 11:48 AM
The title of the thread is correct. Having high gasoline, petrolueum, or energy prices is not a crisis.

The crisis would be having none.

We just need to smile and pay what the market demands. When the price gets too high, we will quit buying it.

Chances are, we will eat tortilla's and beans everyday before we quit buying it, but that is how economy works. :(

My recommendation is this, turn your thermostats up, sell your kids autos and give them bikes or put them on the bus, only make extra runs to town on Sundays and Wednesdays when you go to church, dis-enroll your kids from so many activities (especialy soccer and baseball) and eat more tortilla's and beans. :eek:

Oh, and for you young parents out there. Cloth diapers. :devil:

SWMustang
07-03-2008, 12:56 PM
how come the environmentalist aren't pushing for us to drill everywhere? That way we could use up all the oil that much faster and mother earth could get back to normal. Seems like a win/win for everyone.

garciap77
07-03-2008, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
..........eat more tortilla's and beans. :eek:

Oh, and for you young parents out there. Cloth diapers. :devil:

LOL! :iagree:

Macarthur
07-03-2008, 01:07 PM

OK...I feel better now....

:rolleyes:

As hard as it is for some of you to believe, this countries problems are not the result of one party.

Old Tiger
07-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur

As hard as it is for some of you to believe, this countries problems are not the result of one party. our country is its own worst enemy

STANG RED
07-03-2008, 01:18 PM

This is very true, but the speculators have to have grounds for their speculations. And thats where supply and demand come in. Speculators have seen the sharp rise in damand by China and India the last few years, and can see those economies continuing to grow at a rapid pace for many years to come. So until supply starts out pacing demand again, as it did for many years, we will see prices continue to stay high and maybe even rise more. Speculators didnt create the oil demands of today, but they are certainly taking every advantage to get all they can get, while the getting is good. And the getting will continue to be good until production gets up to where it needs to be. And that wont happen till we drill for more of it, refine it, and get it into the marketplace.

wimbo_pro
07-03-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur

As hard as it is for some of you to believe, this countries problems are not the result of one party.

Agreed MaCarthur...not TOTALLY one party.

espn1
07-03-2008, 01:40 PM
Agreed MaCarthur...not TOTALLY one party. You're right but it's not 50/50. It's 80 (Liberals)/ 20 )Republicans). The Liberals are still holding us up right now.