PDA

View Full Version : 2008-09 HS Football Games of interest

IHStangFan
07-01-2008, 11:27 PM
that grab my attention this coming season:

Week 0:
*West Oso -vs- Port Isabel - are either one of them for real? Battle of two Reg. IV powerhouses or pretenders?

*Gilmer -vs- Jasper - Just think it might be good.

*Vernon -vs- Abilene Wylie - makings of a decent one.

Week 1:
*Needville -vs- Splendora - just out of curiosity wanting to see what we're working with.

*Navasota -vs- Palestine - How good is Navasota...does Palestine have anything worth watching on the field?

*Cuero -vs- Rio Hondo - Would like to see how Rio Hondo matches up against the class of Reg. IV.

*Abilene Wylie -vs- Liberty Hill - again...just curious how AW will stack up.

Week 2:
*Needville -vs- La Grange - old D24/D23 rivalry, and also could be a test early for the Jays.

*Ingleside -vs- Rio Hondo - a down Ingleside team against a hyped Rio Hondo team...could be interesting.

*Monahans -vs Sweetwater - just curious I guess.

Week 3:
*WOS -vs- Jasper - WOS is the real deal, and Jasper really turned it on near the end of last season....could be a good one.

*Liberty Hill -vs Brownwood - good measuring stick early as to whether the highly talked up Brownwood team is worthy of state title talk.

Week 4:
*China Spring -vs- Marlin - could be good!

Week 5:
*Brookshire Royal -vs- West Orange Stark - curious to see what WOS has on the field.

Week 6:
*Needville -vs- West Columbia - for obvious reasons....want to see what ace WC has up their sleeves as they seem to be getting alot of hype and are even favored to win the district by some people...and I'm curious as to why.

*Sealy -vs- Giddings - Curious as to what Sealy will do against Giddings minus the Fitzhenry kid.

Week 8:
*Snyder -vs Sweetwater - Always hear so much about it...it MUST be an epic battle.

Week 10:
*Navasota -vs- Madisonville - battle of the RBs. I think this one will be a treat!

Old Tiger
07-01-2008, 11:28 PM
CS/Marlin won't be good

orange machine
07-01-2008, 11:34 PM
Celina vs Whitehouse has all the makings for a great game. A air it out WH team vs a power running Celina team. It comes down to the defense.

IHStangFan
07-01-2008, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
CS/Marlin won't be good Marlin down? CS lose everyone? I'll be honest....eh..whatever. I'm VERY excited about Navasota -vs Madisonville. Also pretty pumped about the LH/Brownwood and LH/AW games.

Old Tiger
07-01-2008, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Marlin down? CS lose everyone? I'll be honest....eh..whatever. I'm VERY excited about Navasota -vs Madisonville. Also pretty pumped about the LH/Brownwood and LH/AW games. marlin didn't make playoffs in 2a....CS returns 14 starters i think

orange machine
07-01-2008, 11:37 PM
Ok honest opinion what does your guts say about the LH-Bwood game?

charlesrixey
07-01-2008, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Celina vs Whitehouse has all the makings for a great game. A air it out WH team vs a power running Celina team. It comes down to the defense.

the more i think about this game, the more i think it is going to be a great one

charlesrixey
07-01-2008, 11:39 PM
Ok honest opinion what does your guts say about the LH-Bwood game?

Liberty Hill 35, Brownwood 31

IHStangFan
07-01-2008, 11:41 PM
Ok honest opinion what does your guts say about the LH-Bwood game? my gut whispers to me that alot of Brownwood fans are gonna get a wakeup call early and have the notion that they're gonna come down to 3A and cakewalk be completely destroyed by the back to back state champs.

orange machine
07-01-2008, 11:46 PM
my gut whispers to me that alot of Brownwood fans are gonna get a wakeup call early and have the notion that they're gonna come down to 3A and cakewalk be completely destroyed by the back to back state champs.

Im with you on that one. I have game film on Bwood from last year. They were a decent team, but nothing great. Like i said on another thread there are a hand full of teams in 3a that could beat them.

orange machine
07-01-2008, 11:47 PM
The one thing teams dont need to get caught up in is oh no its Bwood and let the hype of playing a bigger school get to them.

orange machine
07-01-2008, 11:48 PM
I know alot of schools before they play us they have already lost the game because its Celina and we cant beat them.

orange machine
07-01-2008, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
the more i think about this game, the more i think it is going to be a great one

WH should not be able to stop our running game. I think the ball is in our court meaning can we stop Attaway and his passing game.

Emerson1
07-02-2008, 12:49 AM
The one thing teams dont need to get caught up in is oh no its Bwood and let the hype of playing a bigger school get to them.
It's the other way around. Bwood can't think they will walk over everyone because they were decent in 4A and they dropped down, WOS 4 years ago

espn1
07-02-2008, 01:29 AM
my gut whispers to me that alot of Brownwood fans are gonna get a wakeup call early and have the notion that they're gonna come down to 3A and cakewalk be completely destroyed by the back to back state champs.
You don't have to worry because Burnet's going to beat both of em. Stay tuned.

easttexas3a
07-02-2008, 03:21 AM
I think Whitehouse beats Celina, convincingly. 10 points at least. Whitehouse is a contender in 4a this year.

Johnny 5
07-02-2008, 03:40 AM
RH will lose to Cuero by 17 and beat Ingleside by 20.

I would put RH vs PI for week 5 as well ;)

bobcat1
07-02-2008, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
I think Whitehouse beats Celina, convincingly. 10 points at least. Whitehouse is a contender in 4a this year. What else do you think? :thinking:

BILLYFRED0000
07-02-2008, 07:29 AM

No this will be a LH gilmer score 35 21 or something like it.

STANG RED
07-02-2008, 08:02 AM

I think both defenses will play a little better than that, and since LH mainly runs the ball, I dont see there being enough time for that much scoring. I'm thinking 17-20 or maybe 21-28 at the most. And I see it as a toss up either way. Whoever makes the big play last wins. It will certainly be a true measuring stick for both teams.

IHStangFan
07-02-2008, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Johnny 5
RH will lose to Cuero by 17 and beat Ingleside by 20.

I would put RH vs PI for week 5 as well ;) I'll say RH loses to Cuero by 30 unless the Gobblers call of the dogs early, and the Ingleside game is up for grabs.

Lion_Addict
07-02-2008, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I think both defenses will play a little better than that, and since LH mainly runs the ball, I dont see there being enough time for that much scoring. I'm thinking 17-20 or maybe 21-28 at the most. And I see it as a toss up either way. Whoever makes the big play last wins. It will certainly be a true measuring stick for both teams.

Logical thinking......I agree. Definately the one I anticipate going to watch the most.

STANG RED
07-02-2008, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Logical thinking......I agree. Definately the one I anticipate going to watch the most.

Yea, I'd sure like to see this one myself. But it looks like I am going to be stuck in Amarillo for most of the season, and will have a hard enough time just getting to Sweetwater for many of those games.
At least Wylie plays at Canyon this year, so maybe I'll get to see at least one decent game. Not a lot of great football is played in the panhandle these days. Pampa might be decent enough to go watch.

trojan37
07-02-2008, 09:26 AM
Don't forget 2 of La Vega's first 3 games are on the road against Brownwood and Abilene Wylie.

pirate4state
07-02-2008, 09:30 AM
that grab my attention this coming season:

*Week 3:
*WOS -vs- Jasper - WOS is the real deal, and Jasper really turned it on near the end of last season....could be a good one.

*Liberty Hill -vs Brownwood - good measuring stick early as to whether the highly talked up Brownwood team is worthy of state title talk.

Week 5:
*Brookshire Royal -vs- West Orange Stark - curious to see what WOS has on the field.

Just something that grabbed MY attention. :nerd: Wouldn't you already see what WOS has against Jasper in Week 3? Did you mean to say you'd be interested to see about Royal? ;) :p

Some good picks. :2thumbsup

I'm gonna do everything I can to make these 3 games:

Brownwood @ Liberty Hill
Navasota @ Rockdale
Sealy @ Bellville

waterboy
07-02-2008, 09:31 AM
You could probably add Gilmer @ Tatum in week 10. That is one tough place to play, and if things go the way they should, it'll be for the district 17-3A title.:thumbsup:

LH Panther Mom
07-02-2008, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Brownwood @ Liberty Hill
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl::kiss:

pirate4state
07-02-2008, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl::kiss: It is Sinton's open week! :)

I may have to go to another Sealy game though depending on how Sinton is doing. The week of the Sealy/Bellville game is the same as Sinton/Ingleside. Hopefully, I'll have a tough decision to make. ;)

gatordaze
07-02-2008, 12:35 PM
I think Whitehouse beats Celina, convincingly. 10 points at least. Whitehouse is a contender in 4a this year.

Dave Campbell does not think so, they are not in his top 4A 25

LH Panther Mom
07-02-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
We were at # 30 in 2006, so I wouldn't put too much stock in it. ;)

DDBooger
07-02-2008, 01:40 PM
I'll be anxious to watch Beeville vs Cuero...im thinking Beeville takes this one by 7. Soza is man out there, him and beeville hung right up till the end with probably one of the best qb's in the state last year.

otherwise Cuero is going to obliterate Ingleside, don't know what RH has, but i say by 21.

orange machine
07-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
Don't forget 2 of La Vega's first 3 games are on the road against Brownwood and Abilene Wylie.

If LH and La Vega are as close as being as good as they were last year Brownwood will be hard pressed to keep the game within 7 - 10 points.

My predictions

Brownwood 7 - LH 27

Brownwood 17 - LV 24

sinfan75
07-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Sinton vs. Goliad. I know its a who cares type of game. But Sinton ain't had 3 straight losin seasons since the late 70's and early 80's and they do have some good kids comin up. Not sayin they gonna be dominant or anything like that. But I think they have a winning season and even make the play-offs even if it is for one game.

bwdlionfan
07-02-2008, 05:37 PM
If LH and La Vega are as close as being as good as they were last year Brownwood will be hard pressed to keep the game within 7 - 10 points.

My predictions

Brownwood 7 - LH 27

Brownwood 17 - LV 24

Just curious, but what game films do you have?

easttexas3a
07-02-2008, 05:43 PM
If you guys put in Brady Attaway into youtube you can check out his highlights. I just do not believe a power running team is going to beat whitehouse. Coach McFarlin at Daingerfield and Whitehouse has continuosly had success stopping teams like Celina who are run heavy and pass when they need too. Of course Celina has undoubtedly stopped spread teams in the past, but I just don't see it happening against whitehouse. If you guys want a picture of what whitehouse I believe will be like this year, take a look at Highland Park the year they won state in i believe it was 06 when they had that Matt Statford kid at qb, whouse reminds me of that team except their o line is not as talented, and a little smaller on defense. Just an opinion, but I will be at that game for sure.

orange machine
07-02-2008, 06:24 PM
If you guys put in Brady Attaway into youtube you can check out his highlights. I just do not believe a power running team is going to beat whitehouse. Coach McFarlin at Daingerfield and Whitehouse has continuosly had success stopping teams like Celina who are run heavy and pass when they need too. Of course Celina has undoubtedly stopped spread teams in the past, but I just don't see it happening against whitehouse. If you guys want a picture of what whitehouse I believe will be like this year, take a look at Highland Park the year they won state in i believe it was 06 when they had that Matt Statford kid at qb, whouse reminds me of that team except their o line is not as talented, and a little smaller on defense. Just an opinion, but I will be at that game for sure.

Man i cant wait for this game. I think really im looking more forward to seeing a real good passing team. China Spring had a real talented QB, but from what i understand he was not a Attaway. I still say Celina wins, but you might just be right, either way it will be a fun game. I have never been to WH so im looking forward to the trip.

orange machine
07-02-2008, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Just curious, but what game films do you have?

The CC game. Without there qb they were not the same team. Both teams were solid, but nothing great.

LH Panther Mom
07-02-2008, 06:45 PM
The CC game. Without there qb they were not the same team. Both teams were solid, but nothing great.
How does one go about getting film like this? :confused: :confused: :doh:

orange machine
07-02-2008, 06:50 PM
How does one go about getting film like this? :confused: :confused: :doh:

Well you have to have connections. No in Bwood they show games on the local cable station and i had a PI tape the game for me. Im sneaky like that.:p

PHS Wildcats
07-02-2008, 07:58 PM
*Navasota -vs- Palestine - How good is Navasota...does Palestine have anything worth watching on the field?

I think palestine will suprise some teams this year. They were very young last year.

bwdlionfan
07-02-2008, 08:03 PM
So you're saying that neither team looked very good in the Copperas Cove-Brownwood game. They may have lost their QB in that game, but you can't for a second tell me that Celina would have put up big numbers on Brownwood's defense that night. I'll admit our offense looked like it was in reverse until the 4th quarter, but our defense was solid, Griffin or no Griffin. The reason Griffin wasn't in there was because he couldn't handle the hits he was taking.

orange machine
07-02-2008, 08:11 PM
So you're saying that neither team looked very good in the Copperas Cove-Brownwood game. They may have lost their QB in that game, but you can't for a second tell me that Celina would have put up big numbers on Brownwood's defense that night. I'll admit our offense looked like it was in reverse until the 4th quarter, but our defense was solid, Griffin or no Griffin. The reason Griffin wasn't in there was because he couldn't handle the hits he was taking.

Ok ill give you that the defense did look good, but one could only sayy if Griffin played the whole game it would have been a diffrent out come, but it doesnt matter because thats not the way the game went yall one and beat a good team.

bwdlionfan
07-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Ok ill give you that the defense did look good, but one could only sayy if Griffin played the whole game it would have been a diffrent out come, but it doesnt matter because thats not the way the game went yall one and beat a good team.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts.... you know the saying... If Griffin had played the whole game, CC MIGHT have won. If Brownwood's offense had played the first 3 quarters the way it played the last 6 minutes, we would have blown them out also. All that matters was the final score. How did this post turn in to being all about Brownwood before any Brownwood posters even really started chiming in? Obsession much? :)

Trashman
07-02-2008, 08:25 PM
Griffin was taking some hard shots, you can see them at this link.

http://www.brownwoodlions.com/media/gallery/BwdVsCC.wmv

orange machine
07-02-2008, 08:27 PM
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts.... you know the saying... If Griffin had played the whole game, CC MIGHT have won. If Brownwood's offense had played the first 3 quarters the way it played the last 6 minutes, we would have blown them out also. All that matters was the final score. How did this post turn in to being all about Brownwood before any Brownwood posters even really started chiming in? Obsession much? :)

I think really i like getting yall fired up. So if and when we play each other we can have some good smake talk during the week and then tailgate together before the game.:clap:

orange machine
07-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Griffin was taking some hard shots, you can see them at this link.

http://www.brownwoodlions.com/media/gallery/BwdVsCC.wmv

One thing i didnt pay attention to before was how slow CC oline was.

LH Panther Mom
07-02-2008, 08:37 PM
No in Bwood they show games on the local cable station and i had a PI tape the game for me. Im sneaky like that.:p :doh: :doh: I forgot about that. Must be nice! :(

Trashman
07-02-2008, 09:10 PM
One thing i didnt pay attention to before was how slow CC oline was.

It is not that they were slow. We were so fast it made them look much slower than they actually were.

orange machine
07-02-2008, 09:14 PM
It is not that they were slow. We were so fast it made them look much slower than they actually were.

Well however you want to look at it. Either they were real slow or all of you dline should be running the sprint relay.

IHStangFan
07-02-2008, 09:29 PM
please don't turn my thread into a "my schwartz is bigger than yours" contest.

Thanks,
Mgmt

pirate4state
07-02-2008, 09:32 PM

Thanks,
Mgmt

hahahaha -- you need to answer my question --- it's back on page 1, i think :D

Trashman
07-02-2008, 09:35 PM

Thanks,
Mgmt

Everyone already knows my schartz is bigger than yours. But let's see how well you handle it. LOL

pirate4state
07-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Everyone already knows my schartz is bigger than yours. But let's see how well you handle it. LOL :eek: :eek: :helpme: so many comments....HAHA

trojan37
07-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze

You might want to look at Texas Football a little better. As a matter of fact, on page 237 to be exact, there are five darkhorses listed. In the exact words it says, " These teams didn't earn preseason rankings, but you(and their district opponents)would be foolish to ignore them." The team listed as the #1 darkhorse in 4A-Whitehouse. Also listed as a player they would pay to see is Whitehouse QB Brady Attaway.

eagles_victory
07-02-2008, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
marlin didn't make playoffs in 2a....CS returns 14 starters i think They quit halfway through the season or they could of made a run.

Lion_Addict
07-03-2008, 07:02 AM
:doh: :doh: I forgot about that. Must be nice! :(

It is very nice! Get to watch the win (as we always do) over Wylie, and the total beatdown on Sweetwater any given week. :D :stirpot:

garciap77
07-03-2008, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
It is very nice! Get to watch the win (as we always do) over Wylie, and the total beatdown on Sweetwater any given week. :D :stirpot:

We like it when the fans get cocky! Only makes us play that much harder! Cann't wait to see this game! The last two have been close. M&G?

Dogman_1969
07-03-2008, 10:17 AM
Well I can't wait to see Navasota in Rockdale on October 17th. The Tigers have seen Navasota's guys and look forward to the challenge.

I'd love to see LHill and Brownwood. You hear about how good Brownwood's QB and receivers are but I don't hear much about how they will get on the field with those panthers grinding out 5 yds a carry. Man those guys are tough and we've seen them first hand twice.......

Good luck to all the Downlower's this season......

BwdLions
07-03-2008, 03:51 PM

My predictions

Brownwood 7 - LH 27

Brownwood 17 - LV 24

Oh, you're so clever orange machine. Just like you, I can't wait. :D

orange machine
07-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Oh, you're so clever orange machine. Just like you, I can't wait. :D

Thats right its just like me because im so clever.:p

garciap77
07-03-2008, 09:04 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_8275-1-1.jpg

bwdlionfan
07-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_8275-1-1.jpg

Why? Because this will be the first time they've played with the UIL actually showing Wylie DOES have a larger enrollment than Brownwood? :)

orange machine
07-03-2008, 10:21 PM
What was the score in last years game between these two teams?

bwdlionfan
07-03-2008, 11:08 PM
What was the score in last years game between these two teams?

2008- Brownwood 28 Wylie 21
Game summation--Brownwood had 3 or 4 turnovers, a few of them inside the Wylie 20. Don't remember Wylie's turnover scenario, but I didn't think this game was as close as the score was.

2007- Brownwood 19 Wylie 14
Game summation--This was Casey Pachall's first game on varsity, and it started really rocky. Brownwood received the opening kickoff, and in the first 5 minutes Wylie went up 14-0. It took til halftime to make it 14-3. Brownwood wound up scoring and making two two point conversions to go up by 5, then Wylie got inside the 20 as the game expired but failed to get in the endzone. Was a really good game that I thought we were going to get blown out in after the 1st quarter.

BILLYFRED0000
07-04-2008, 09:33 AM

No they were slow. Your d was not that fast. Just spread out and blitz. The line was not picking it up at all. If our oline had been that weak we could not have won state last year. CS had a good strong and fast defense.

bwdlionfan
07-04-2008, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
No they were slow. Your d was not that fast. Just spread out and blitz. The line was not picking it up at all. If our oline had been that weak we could not have won state last year. CS had a good strong and fast defense.

Yea, cuz Celina could beat the crap out of Copperas Cove:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

you guys are so full of yourselves

bobcat1
07-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Yea, cuz Celina could beat the crap out of Copperas Cove:2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup
Thanks for the positive feedback. Someday your Lions might get 8 too. You never know.......:D

orange machine
07-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Yea, cuz Celina could beat the crap out of Copperas Cove:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

you guys are so full of yourselves

Im not trying to :stirpot:, but there is no doubt in my mind that we could have beaten them.

IHStangFan
07-04-2008, 08:19 PM
Everyone already knows my schartz is bigger than yours. But let's see how well you handle it. LOL Adequacy issues of this magnitude are quite sad. I feel sorry for you...here's a brownie.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a290/BAClanton/brownieslice-737720.jpg

IHStangFan
07-04-2008, 08:22 PM
Just something that grabbed MY attention. :nerd: Wouldn't you already see what WOS has against Jasper in Week 3? Did you mean to say you'd be interested to see about Royal? ;) :p

Some good picks. :2thumbsup

Brownwood @ Liberty Hill
Navasota @ Rockdale
Sealy @ Bellville no, I meant what I said, just typed them out of order as I went down the list of schedules.

CueroDad08
07-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Week 0
I will say State Ranked 4-A Beeville At State Ranked 3-A Cuero will be a great game to see.

orange machine
07-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
Week 0
I will say State Ranked 4-A Beeville At State Ranked 3-A Cuero will be a great game to see.

State the obvious my friend.:p

CueroDad08
07-04-2008, 10:43 PM
State the obvious my friend.:p

WHAT?

orange machine
07-04-2008, 11:01 PM
WHAT?

Im agreeing with you and saying yeah it will be a good game.

bwdlionfan
07-05-2008, 12:17 AM
So you think Celina could have won state in 4A last year?

Hell I bet they coulda beat Euless Trinity too huh

bobcat1
07-05-2008, 08:36 AM
Those were some Big Kids but we would have played them a heck of a game. Last years team seemed to rise up to and play as hard as needed to accomplish the task at hand. Wakeland was the best game we played last year, but they brought that destruction on themselves with the :blahblah: :blahblah:.

We can Haka with the best of them. :D

BILLYFRED0000
07-05-2008, 10:04 AM

Well for what it's worth the HP Scots coach said in 05 our 2a team would have made it at least to the 4a semi's.

espn1
07-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Well for what it's worth the HP Scots coach said in 05 our 2a team would have made it at least to the 4a semi's. It just shows that even Coaches can be on drugs. Maybe he needs to be pee tested.

IHStangFan
07-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by espn1
It just shows that even Coaches can be on drugs. Maybe he needs to be pee tested. what everyone seems to forget or conveniently leave out when they talk about their 2A and 3A teams competing at 4A and 5A level is depth. Sure, maybe your starters are good enough to compete for the 1stQ or maybe even the first half. But then the bigger team starts to rotate out and put fresh bodies on the field that are just as good as your starters who have now played a half of football.....that's where you lose. Ask the old D30. Sinton dominated the district for 5+ years in that very fashion.

Necks_Fan
07-05-2008, 11:23 AM
Week 6:
*Needville -vs- West Columbia - for obvious reasons....want to see what ace WC has up their sleeves as they seem to be getting alot of hype and are even favored to win the district by some people...and I'm curious as to why.

Lol. Hype?

Favored to win the district by me and who else?

Lol.

I think I am the only person who has even mentioned us.

Obviously I'm a homer. You know that.

Silly IHStangFan

IHStangFan
07-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Lol. Hype?

Favored to win the district by me and who else?

Lol.

I think I am the only person who has even mentioned us.

Obviously I'm a homer. You know that.

Silly IHStangFan You and Dave Campbell, and everyone else that has put together a poll involving D26. Based solely on the fact they return alot of starters. Returning starters or not, they were not impressive last year like the Necks have been in years past. I saw the Wharton/WC game 2 years ago, THAT was a good game and a pretty decent Necks team even minus their star.

BILLYFRED0000
07-05-2008, 11:15 PM
what everyone seems to forget or conveniently leave out when they talk about their 2A and 3A teams competing at 4A and 5A level is depth. Sure, maybe your starters are good enough to compete for the 1stQ or maybe even the first half. But then the bigger team starts to rotate out and put fresh bodies on the field that are just as good as your starters who have now played a half of football.....that's where you lose. Ask the old D30. Sinton dominated the district for 5+ years in that very fashion.

That is why Celina has always won. We have 130 boys involved in hs football. When you have 200 boys in hs and 130 play it is as if you were a 4a program. We put our second team in at the half in many games such as the region finals last year. They gave up 7 and scored 21. We even had some white hats on the field for that last quarter.

WOS87
07-05-2008, 11:26 PM
I would predict that the Celina-Lytle game will not be exceptionally interesting in itself, but given that it's the ONLY game that will be played in the regular season between a team from Region II and Region IV, it WILL have a definite impact on the various statewide rankings and ratings that are posted throughout the season as it will be the only direct measure of relative strength of teams between the two regions.

Necks_Fan
07-06-2008, 07:48 AM
You and Dave Campbell, and everyone else that has put together a poll involving D26. Based solely on the fact they return alot of starters. Returning starters or not, they were not impressive last year like the Necks have been in years past. I saw the Wharton/WC game 2 years ago, THAT was a good game and a pretty decent Necks team even minus their star. Trying to be as homerless as possible, this is my exact reasoning that I picked WC then Needville.

1. We return 7/11 on offense and 8/11 on defense and some key subs.
2. Our qb was a soph last year and was a good passer, just way too many Ints. If he can improve his Td/Int rate, then our passing game will be legit.
3. You don't think much of us because we played our worst game of the seaon against Needville by FAR. (Bigups to Needville for playing well)---Starting CB was out that game but that would nt have made 25 points difference-- I know that-- just saying though
4. Last year was our first year under a new coach even though he came from within.
5. Our team played very well against (Columbus(Tough OT loss), Sealy (Minus both starting CB's that game), Brookshire, Sweeny)--- So I have seen signs of life and our senior class last eyar was very weak.
6. We have a couple good people coming up from JV.(Hernandez, Thomas, Merrit) as well as others.
7. We should be much better assuming our qb is more efficient and we dont fall victim to injuries..

Now the ONLY reason I didn't pick Needville first, was because I was excited about Poras and Wilkerson and that senior class and hoped they could go Deep, and with all that skill, they dissapointed me. Now with some key players graduating, I don't think they can even come close to being how good they were. I know you have the kid Hadjik and some others just as every team does and Needville will most likely make the playoffs, but I'm a homer, so I chose us over Needville.

Either way, it will be a tight district with Sealy and Columbus leaving.

Brookshire, Needville, Sweeny, WC, Wharton........

Anybody could win it, except Stafford.

But that's what I see in WC next year and most likely what DC sees too.

Nursebetty
07-06-2008, 08:21 AM
I'll say RH loses to Cuero by 30 unless the Gobblers call of the dogs early, and the Ingleside game is up for grabs.

Yeah for that prediction!!!!!!! Being biased ( LOL) I think you are

right IHStangFan!! The Gobblers are gonna do pretty darn good

this year, I think!!! I am sure gonna miss the GOBBLERS getting

to play LibertyHill this year. Okay, although Bay City is a 4A team,

IHStangFan , what do you think, what's

your predicition on that one? Just curious.

Necks_Fan
07-06-2008, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Nursebetty

your predicition on that one? Just curious. Bay City is picked dead last in their district this year right? If so, then Cuero by alot.

Is the Qb Arndt(sp.) coming back? He was really good last year right? Or am I crazy?

IDK if i'm even on the right track or not, but I think I might be.

:crazy1: :crazy: :vrycnfsd:

Nursebetty
07-06-2008, 08:49 AM
Bay City is picked dead last in their district this year right? If so, then Cuero by alot.

Is the Qb Arndt(sp.) coming back? He was really good last year right? Or am I crazy?

IDK if i'm even on the right track or not, but I think I might be.

:crazy1: :crazy: :vrycnfsd:

I have no idea about Bay City......that's why I had asked. As far as Arndt......you better believe our QB is coming back.....and he was AWESOME last year!........never threw an interception until the last game we played against China Spring........that's awesome!

Necks_Fan
07-06-2008, 08:58 AM
I have no idea about Bay City......that's why I had asked. As far as Arndt......you better believe our QB is coming back.....and he was AWESOME last year!........never threw an interception until the last game we played against China Spring........that's awesome! That's what I thought a and I don't think BC will be very good next year. With Arndt and Co. coming back ya'll should still HANDLE 4A BC.

Nursebetty
07-06-2008, 09:23 AM
THANKS!!!!!!!!

Old Green
07-06-2008, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
I would predict that the Celina-Lytle game will not be exceptionally interesting in itself, but given that it's the ONLY game that will be played in the regular season between a team from Region II and Region IV, it WILL have a definite impact on the various statewide rankings and ratings that are posted throughout the season as it will be the only direct measure of relative strength of teams between the two regions. I agree that the game won't be very interesting. Celina should win by a bunch, it will not be a gauge as to the relative strenghts of the two regions. Celina is a top program and Lytle is a lower tier program . Got to hand it to the Lytle coach though, he scheduled a toughie;) :thumbsup:

pirate4state
07-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
I agree that the game won't be very interesting. Celina should win by a bunch, it will not be a gauge as to the relative strenghts of the two regions. Celina is a top program and Lytle is a lower tier program . Got to hand it to the Lytle coach though, he scheduled a toughie;) :thumbsup: Agreed.

CueroDad08
07-06-2008, 02:23 PM

Yes I would say they would have had a great shot in class 4A
Lake Travis had all they could handle with Beeville last year my friend.
1 or 2 plays would have won that game

cshscougar08
07-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
They quit halfway through the season or they could of made a run.

Big deal, CS will still crush Marlin.

Buckeye80
07-06-2008, 03:49 PM
Celina will beat Whitehouse handily. Cmon people! This is Whitehouse! I'll say 38-21 Celina.

The only thing interesting about Gilmer/ Jasper is that it is a match-up of possible first round playoff opponents. I think Gilmer wins the initial match-up and the second one if Chapel Hill fails to make the playoffs. I think this Gilmer team will be better than they are being given credit for.

IMHO, 08 Gilmer beats 07 Gilmer by two touchdowns if they were to play!

IHStangFan
07-06-2008, 03:58 PM

your predicition on that one? Just curious. I'm not as sure on that one Nurse. I know last year I picked it right. I said Bay City would have speed that Cuero wouldn't be used to seeing. If that fact remains the same, I would have to take Bay City, BUT, I don't think it is out of Cuero's ability to win that game either though.

IHStangFan
07-06-2008, 04:04 PM
Trying to be as homerless as possible, this is my exact reasoning that I picked WC then Needville.

1. We return 7/11 on offense and 8/11 on defense and some key subs.
2. Our qb was a soph last year and was a good passer, just way too many Ints. If he can improve his Td/Int rate, then our passing game will be legit.
3. You don't think much of us because we played our worst game of the seaon against Needville by FAR. (Bigups to Needville for playing well)---Starting CB was out that game but that would nt have made 25 points difference-- I know that-- just saying though
4. Last year was our first year under a new coach even though he came from within.
5. Our team played very well against (Columbus(Tough OT loss), Sealy (Minus both starting CB's that game), Brookshire, Sweeny)--- So I have seen signs of life and our senior class last eyar was very weak.
6. We have a couple good people coming up from JV.(Hernandez, Thomas, Merrit) as well as others.
7. We should be much better assuming our qb is more efficient and we dont fall victim to injuries..

Now the ONLY reason I didn't pick Needville first, was because I was excited about Poras and Wilkerson and that senior class and hoped they could go Deep, and with all that skill, they dissapointed me. Now with some key players graduating, I don't think they can even come close to being how good they were. I know you have the kid Hadjik and some others just as every team does and Needville will most likely make the playoffs, but I'm a homer, so I chose us over Needville.

Either way, it will be a tight district with Sealy and Columbus leaving.

Brookshire, Needville, Sweeny, WC, Wharton........

Anybody could win it, except Stafford.

But that's what I see in WC next year and most likely what DC sees too. Alright, fair enough, I can see your logic. I'm not sure what Wharton has going on down there....so that makes it hard for me to say what I think they'll do. I am still a homer as well, and yes, Wilkerson and the Porras kid are gone, but I like what I saw at times out of Hadjik, Hunter, Grant, and a couple of others, BUT I'll give you that we did lose ALOT to graduation. I guess the question is how well can we reload? Brookshire scares me if they can put it all together.

Necks_Fan
07-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Alright, fair enough, I can see your logic. I'm not sure what Wharton has going on down there....so that makes it hard for me to say what I think they'll do. I am still a homer as well, and yes, Wilkerson and the Porras kid are gone, but I like what I saw at times out of Hadjik, Hunter, Grant, and a couple of others, BUT I'll give you that we did lose ALOT to graduation. I guess the question is how well can we reload? Brookshire scares me if they can put it all together. I think it's a toss up between us and Needville and honestly, I wouldn't be all that surprised if Sweeny and Brookshire won some games against us 2 as well.

It's going to be tight.

IHStangFan
07-06-2008, 06:37 PM
I think it's a toss up between us and Needville and honestly, I wouldn't be all that surprised if Sweeny and Brookshire won some games against us 2 as well.

It's going to be tight. Question......did they close down Fok Wok in W.C.?? We like to drive to W.C. from time to time (we're in Guy) and eat. Fok Wok was good, and the seafood place across from the RV park and McD's was good too.

CueroDad08
07-06-2008, 09:19 PM
I'm not as sure on that one Nurse. I know last year I picked it right. I said Bay City would have speed that Cuero wouldn't be used to seeing. If that fact remains the same, I would have to take Bay City, BUT, I don't think it is out of Cuero's ability to win that game either though.

Care to place a Bet? This one is in Cuero this year. Hard to pick against them anytime let alone at home. Been a long time for Cuero to go down at home. I recall a Butt kicking two years ago when Bay City came to Cuero.

IHStangFan
07-07-2008, 09:13 AM
Care to place a Bet? This one is in Cuero this year. Hard to pick against them anytime let alone at home. Been a long time for Cuero to go down at home. I recall a Butt kicking two years ago when Bay City came to Cuero. So you're telling me that Cuero is gonna roll Bay City? Is that what you're saying? I just want to be clear.

BwdLions
07-07-2008, 09:39 AM
I love reading all this talk about who's team will beat another team. It's just July and it's obvious that we all love our football teams. I'm sure it'll really get good when the games actually start. :cool:

Necks_Fan
07-07-2008, 07:08 PM
Question......did they close down Fok Wok in W.C.?? We like to drive to W.C. from time to time (we're in Guy) and eat. Fok Wok was good, and the seafood place across from the RV park and McD's was good too. As far as I know Fok Wok is still open but I haven't been that way in a month and a half probably.

Baytown seafood is pretty good too I think.

BwdLions
07-08-2008, 10:31 AM

I think after reading some of the posts on here that not only could Celina have won state in 4-A, but 5-A also. They also could have beaten several college teams and maybe gave one or two pro teams a game too. :stirpot:

BILLYFRED0000
07-08-2008, 11:05 AM
I think after reading some of the posts on here that not only could Celina have won state in 4-A, but 5-A also. They also could have beaten several college teams and maybe gave one or two pro teams a game too. :stirpot:

We tried to schedule the Cowboys this year but the dates did not work outl.

BwdLions
07-08-2008, 02:06 PM
We tried to schedule the Cowboys this year but the dates did not work outl.

I'm sure they declined due to fear and just used the scheduling conflict as an excuse. :kiss:

BILLYFRED0000
07-08-2008, 02:25 PM
I'm sure they declined due to fear and just used the scheduling conflict as an excuse. :kiss:
Well we had gotten whitehouse to take their spot that we had saved. it was either that one or the Daingerfield spot. Actually it will be nice to see the Daingerfield guys. They have played some good ball over the years as well.

jlg043
07-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Week 10:
*Navasota -vs- Madisonville - battle of the RBs. I think this one will be a treat!

CueroDad08
07-08-2008, 07:48 PM
So you're telling me that Cuero is gonna roll Bay City? Is that what you're saying? I just want to be clear.

It cant get anymore clear. "I Said Cuero will not loose at home"

IHStangFan
07-08-2008, 11:14 PM
It cant get anymore clear. "I Said Cuero will not loose at home" We'll have to wait and see I guess. I like Bay City's chances. With that said, as stated before, I don't think it's a given either way. But if anyone can go in there and beat the Gobblers at home, Bay City can.

Rocket
07-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Im with you on that one. I have game film on Bwood from last year. They were a decent team, but nothing great. Like i said on another thread there are a hand full of teams in 3a that could beat them.

That team from Brownwood you are watching on that game film is not the team you are going to see this season. We had lots of problems last season and we have lots of solutions coming up. Quicker and faster O-Line, 3rd year starter at QB, VACARRO, 3 WR averaging over 6'3", also a huge D Line... Lots of changes that are really going to help us this season. So go ahead and base your assupmtions on that game film. That's fine. We don't expect to walk over anybody, we expect to win. Doesn't matter who we are playing, we expect to win. Who doesn't?

mustang04
07-10-2008, 05:37 PM
It cant get anymore clear. "I Said Cuero will not loose at home"

so will they tighten?????

Snydertigersrul
07-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Snyder will be standing tall with the trophy at the end.:clap:

pirate4state
07-10-2008, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Snyder will be standing tall with the trophy at the end.:clap: oh jesus just what we need another "dust off the trophy case" prediction ;)

Snydertigersrul
07-10-2008, 07:48 PM
oh jesus just what we need another "dust off the trophy case" prediction ;)

Put it up there next to the state championship baseball trophy

pirate4state
07-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Put it up there next to the state championship baseball trophy I'll let you do it if you can find it!

LH Panther Mom
07-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Snyder will be standing tall with the trophy at the end.:clap:
Won't the baseball team be mad if their trophy is taken to football games? :eek: :eek:

BILLYFRED0000
07-10-2008, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
That team from Brownwood you are watching on that game film is not the team you are going to see this season. We had lots of problems last season and we have lots of solutions coming up. Quicker and faster O-Line, 3rd year starter at QB, VACARRO, 3 WR averaging over 6'3", also a huge D Line... Lots of changes that are really going to help us this season. So go ahead and base your assupmtions on that game film. That's fine. We don't expect to walk over anybody, we expect to win. Doesn't matter who we are playing, we expect to win. Who doesn't?

Well I don't care what you looked like last year or even the year before. What I see is a school with good teams but not top teams. You will do well in 3a. But a top 3a team will win and BW has not shown that recently. But believe me when I say that does not mean you cannot do it. I am saying show me. Then we will talk. That is the basic thing. Celina had the record of recent years of top performance and then showed well in 3a these last two years in the title games. LH can talk as they have a back to back. Give it a couple of years and then brag a little more. But understand that for now we will wait and see and have a little fun with you now and then. :D

catdaddy
07-11-2008, 01:20 AM
Won't the baseball team be mad if their trophy is taken to football games? :eek: :eek:

:evillol: :evillol: :1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

State_In_08
07-11-2008, 04:57 AM
Oh, my friend, Navasota will have something worth watching...