PDA

View Full Version : yuppies are going to get thirsty

sotxrat
07-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Starbucks is shutting down 600 hundred store between now and the end of 2009................................IMO, it has more to do with mismanagement than economy, greed is a better word

link : http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/1310ap_starbucks_closings.html

Old Tiger
07-01-2008, 07:23 PM
wow who uses the term yuppie these days

sotxrat
07-01-2008, 07:27 PM
showed my age on this one, ok, what is the new word for people that spend way too much money on coffee drinks or whatever they sell, i have no idea....................wait i do but i seem to think idiots is a little harsh

BreckTxLonghorn
07-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Actual definition for yuppie is

Young
Urban
Professional

Guess that means I'm part of that.:)

IHStangFan
07-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
wow who uses the term yuppie these days I use it on a daily basis driving through Houston.

Old Tiger
07-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by sotxrat
Starbucks is shutting down 600 hundred store between now and the end of 2009................................IMO, it has more to do with mismanagement than economy, greed is a better word

link : http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/1310ap_starbucks_closings.html IMO it has to do with dunkin donuts/mcdonalds providing cheaper gourmet style coffees

LH Panther Mom
07-01-2008, 09:58 PM
IMO it has to do with dunkin donuts/mcdonalds providing cheaper gourmet style coffees
No comparison, dude!

Here's my thought. I "might" get something from there once every year or two. A "grande" (or whatever it is) is probably around the cost of a gallon of gas. The nearest Starbucks (if I were so inclined as to jump in my car and drive for no reason other than some coffee) is around 25-mile round trip for me. :thinking: :thinking: Now all of the sudden, it's an $8 cup o' joe. :hand: And I can buy a 1-lb bag of good stuff, or a 39-oz can of the "cheapo" brand, for less than that.

Ranger Mom
07-01-2008, 10:00 PM
I hate coffee.....no matter what is put in it....we have 3 Starbucks and I have never been in any of them.

pirate4state
07-02-2008, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I hate coffee.....no matter what is put in it....we have 3 Starbucks and I have never been in any of them. Same here, but I do love the way it smells!! :inlove: hehe

Ranger Mom
07-02-2008, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Same here, but I do love the way it smells!! :inlove: hehe

Like puppy breath??

Old Tiger
07-02-2008, 10:33 AM
Like puppy breath?? that's an odd comparison

Ranger Mom
07-02-2008, 10:42 AM
that's an odd comparison

It kinda does to me for some reason....and some dogs feet smell like Fritos.

I am having a "dejavu"....I think we have discussed this before!!

Old Tiger
07-02-2008, 10:44 AM
It kinda does to me for some reason....and some dogs feet smell like Fritos.

I am having a "dejavu"....I think we have discussed this before!! we discussed the dog feet, lol.

Ranger Mom
07-02-2008, 10:46 AM
we discussed the dog feet, lol.

And puppy breath!! I just looked back and lo and behold, I am the one who started it.:D :D

Puppy Breath!! (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=53351&highlight=puppy+coffee)

In that thread there is also a link to the frito feet!!:p :p

Old Tiger
07-02-2008, 10:50 AM
And puppy breath!! I just looked back and lo and behold, I am the one who started it.:D :D

Puppy Breath!! (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=53351&highlight=puppy+coffee)

In that thread there is also a link to the frito feet!!:p :p poor Tiger WR :(

STANG RED
07-02-2008, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by sotxrat

link : http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/1310ap_starbucks_closings.html

No lose to me. I dont like Starbucks at all. They sure seem to have a hold on Houston though. When I was down there recentley, Starbucks was the only coffee being served in any of the places I went. Even in the Galleria Mall. Even our hotel room had that nasty stuff in it. I didnt have a decent cup of coffee the entire time I was in Houston.:(

pirate4state
07-02-2008, 11:19 AM
Like puppy breath?? Ummmmmm, okay - LOL. I don't think it smells like puppy breath. It just smells GOOD and you'd think I'd love to drink it, but I can only handle a few sips and then it has to be doused in sugar & cream!

BreckTxLonghorn
07-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
No lose to me. I dont like Starbucks at all. They sure seem to have a hold on Houston though. When I was down there recentley, Starbucks was the only coffee being served in any of the places I went. Even in the Galleria Mall. Even our hotel room had that nasty stuff in it. I didnt have a decent cup of coffee the entire time I was in Houston.:(

Should've gone to the La Madelein in the Galleria. Say what you want: dang good coffee. I usually grab a togo cup and take it with me throughout as I walk through the place.

There's also a Dunkin in the Bellaire area:thumbsup:

Old Tiger
07-02-2008, 11:20 AM
No lose to me. I dont like Starbucks at all. They sure seem to have a hold on Houston though. When I was down there recentley, Starbucks was the only coffee being served in any of the places I went. Even in the Galleria Mall. Even our hotel room had that nasty stuff in it. I didnt have a decent cup of coffee the entire time I was in Houston.:( it's because your palet lacks sophistication

pirate4state
07-02-2008, 11:22 AM

In that thread there is also a link to the frito feet!!:p :p

Did we ever find out what CenTexSports was worried about? :thinking: Or do we care! :devil:

Ranger Mom
07-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Did we ever find out what CenTexSports was worried about? :thinking: Or do we care! :devil:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I didn't care one iota!!:p :p

pirate4state
07-02-2008, 11:40 AM
I can't speak for anyone else, but I didn't care one iota!!:p :p I was curious about why he thought we should close it before the men started posting/commenting on the fact that you thought puppy breath = coffee. :confused: :D

Ranger Mom
07-02-2008, 11:42 AM
I was curious about why he thought we should close it before the men started posting/commenting on the fact that you thought puppy breath = coffee. :confused: :D

I think the word "ornery" kinda turns him on, so there is NO TELLING where his mind went with it!!:p

DaHop72
07-02-2008, 11:43 AM
I can't speak for anyone else, but I didn't care one iota!!:p :p http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=38606&highlight=fritos
:thinking: Did you notice the last poster on this thread??:D

pirate4state
07-02-2008, 11:48 AM
I think the word "ornery" kinda turns him on, so there is NO TELLING where his mind went with it!!:p :evillol: Scary! :eek: :D

carter08
07-02-2008, 11:49 AM
Theres this place in Houston where there's a Starbucks, and right across the street, theres another Starbucks.

It's pretty cool.

But I prefer getting real coffee from small, independent coffee shops. The beans are fresher and the variety is usually greater.

Ranger Mom
07-02-2008, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=38606&highlight=fritos
:thinking: Did you notice the last poster on this thread??:D

I did indeed!! I noticed I never answered his question either!!:D :D

Ranger Mom
07-02-2008, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by carter08
Theres this place in Houston where there's a Starbucks, and right across the street, theres another Starbucks.

It's pretty cool.

But I prefer getting real coffee from small, independent coffee shops. The beans are fresher and the variety is usually greater.

Don't try and get this thread back on course once we have hijacked it!!

thanks!!:kiss:

pirate4state
07-02-2008, 11:51 AM
hahaha between hair color, junking in alleys and now THIS i need to pee :D :D :tmi: :hijacktd:

DaHop72
I did indeed!! I noticed I never answered his question either!!:D :D :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

Ranger Mom
hahaha between hair color, junking in alleys and now THIS i need to pee :D :D :tmi: :hijacktd:

Junking in alleys?? What did I miss??

pirate4state
07-02-2008, 11:52 AM
Junking in alleys?? What did I miss?? check your email

Ranger Mom
07-02-2008, 11:53 AM
check your email

ROFL!! We are back on the same page now!!!:D :D

pirate4state
07-02-2008, 11:56 AM
ROFL!! We are back on the same page now!!!:D :D :D :clap: :D

carter08
07-02-2008, 12:33 PM
Don't try and get this thread back on course once we have hijacked it!!

thanks!!:kiss:

Sorry.

I didn't read anything in the thread.

Next time I'll do everything exactly as you tell me to.

k?

Ranger Mom
07-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Sorry.

I didn't read anything in the thread.

Next time I'll do everything exactly as you tell me to.

k?

That should work out just fine!:)

AP Panther Fan
07-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Darn...and to think I didn't read this thread because I thought it was about Starbucks....little did I know.:D

Ranger Mom
07-02-2008, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Darn...and to think I didn't read this thread because I thought it was about Starbucks....little did I know.:D

If you ever saw mine or Rita's name on there, you should have known better!!;)

AP Panther Fan
07-02-2008, 01:52 PM
If you ever saw mine or Rita's name on there, you should have known better!!;)

true....I like your avatar:cool:

I just can't think of anything nice or funny right now...:thinking:

sinton66
07-02-2008, 02:02 PM
Bah, humbug on StarBUCKS, give me a good ole cup of Folgers anyday.

STANG RED
07-02-2008, 02:14 PM
it's because your palet lacks sophistication

Well I guess I cant argue with you there. I guess it has been burned out by too much good ol Folgers or Maxwell House and cold Coors beer.:D

I have also tried wine that was supposed to be some of the very best, on several occasions. It didnt taste a bit better than the cheap stuff to me. In fact usually the cheap stuff tastes a little better.

Ranger Mom
07-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Well I guess I cant argue with you there. I guess it has been burned out by too much good ol Folgers or Maxwell House and cold Coors beer.:D

I have also tried wine that was supposed to be some of the very best, on several occasions. It didnt taste a bit better than the cheap stuff to me. In fact usually the cheap stuff tastes a little better.

Ewww....I can't do wine either!!!

Maybe that is why I am not rich....I wouldn't be a "proper" rich person!!

pirate4state
07-02-2008, 02:34 PM
Ewww....I can't do wine either!!!

Maybe that is why I am not rich....I wouldn't be a "proper" rich person!!

No wonder we're friends. I can't drink wine either. :ack!: :ack!:

Old Tiger
07-02-2008, 02:40 PM
No wonder we're friends. I can't drink wine either. :ack!: :ack!: margarita queens

AP Panther Fan
07-02-2008, 02:42 PM
No wonder we're friends. I can't drink wine either. :ack!: :ack!:

white zinfandel isn't that bad...but I have to drink it on ice

Ranger Mom
07-02-2008, 02:42 PM
margarita queens

Two thumbs up!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/2_thumbs_up_by_NestR.jpg

pirate4state
07-02-2008, 02:45 PM
Two thumbs up!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/2_thumbs_up_by_NestR.jpg

This picture cracked me up! haha

Kellye & I do drink alot of margaritas, but I also like rum & coke and lots of other stuff. :D

CenTexSports
07-02-2008, 02:46 PM
I like stuff too but I don't drink.

Ranger Mom
07-02-2008, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
I like stuff too but I don't drink.

I don't very much...but it seems like when me and P4S are together, there is always margarita's involved!!:D

CenTexSports
07-02-2008, 02:53 PM
Please invite me to your next get together. Thanks

DaHop72
07-02-2008, 03:30 PM
I don't do coffee but I do like their double chocolate chip frappacino.:thumbsup:

STANG RED
07-02-2008, 03:35 PM
I don't very much...but it seems like when me and P4S are together, there is always margarita's involved!!:D

I make a mean margarita.;)

I call em "margapantydroparita's".:devil:

And I make a "colorado bulldog" thats even better.

Ranger Mom
07-02-2008, 03:37 PM
I make a mean margarita.;)

I call em "margapantydroparita's".:devil:

Goodness!! I'm glad you weren't serving those when I was at your house....that may have been hard to explain!!!:eek:

Old Tiger
07-02-2008, 03:39 PM
Two thumbs up!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/2_thumbs_up_by_NestR.jpg photoshopped

BreckTxLonghorn
07-02-2008, 03:39 PM
photoshopped

No way. That's real.

Ranger Mom
07-02-2008, 03:41 PM
photoshopped

Duhrr.......ya think!!!!:crazy1: :crazy1: :crazy:

Maroon87
07-02-2008, 09:54 PM