PDA

View Full Version : Hancock

eagles_victory
07-01-2008, 04:37 PM
Anyone else going to check this movie out pretty soon? I have heard some pretty good things so far.

Old Tiger
07-01-2008, 04:38 PM
i would like to but doubt it

ronwx5x
07-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Anyone else going to check this movie out pretty soon? I have heard some pretty good things so far.

Eagles, you must read some reviews I don't. What I read was that it is a $150 million disaster and will never earn back it's cost. The July 4th release winning streak for Will Smith has been stopped with a vengeance! Not my opinion, just what I read.

piratebg
07-01-2008, 04:46 PM
It looks fun but I think I'm gonna wait to go to the movies until The Dark Knight comes in 2 weeks.

eagles_victory
07-01-2008, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Eagles, you must read some reviews I don't. What I read was that it is a $150 million disaster and will never earn back it's cost. The July 4th release winning streak for Will Smith has been stopped with a vengeance! Not my opinion, just what I read. Oh i heard 2 or 3 radio reviews that said it was a really good movie so I dont know. You know how it is with movie reviews you usually hear 3 or 4 different things.

piratebg
07-01-2008, 04:48 PM
Eagles, you must read some reviews I don't. What I read was that it is a $150 million disaster and will never earn back it's cost. The July 4th release winning streak for Will Smith has been stopped with a vengeance! Not my opinion, just what I read.

Yeah, I've read plenty of bad reviews and a couple of good ones. Hellboy II has been getting some awesome reviews though. That one looks better in my opinion, but I'll probably wait to see that one until it reaches the dollar movies. I'm waiting for The Dark Knight next.

ronwx5x
07-01-2008, 04:49 PM
Oh i heard 2 or 3 radio reviews that said it was a really good movie so I dont know. You know how it is with movie reviews you usually hear 3 or 4 different things.

Probably depends on what "kind" of movies the reviewer likes, too. Big epics, low budget sleepers, big stars, unknown newcomers, etc.

Maroon87
07-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Probably depends on what "kind" of movies the reviewer likes, too. Big epics, low budget sleepers, big stars, unknown newcomers, etc.

Same with music reviews. If the reviewer doesn't like the type of music on the CD being reviewed it usually gets slammed.

eagles_victory
07-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Yeah, I've read plenty of bad reviews and a couple of good ones. Hellboy II has been getting some awesome reviews though. That one looks better in my opinion, but I'll probably wait to see that one until it reaches the dollar movies. I'm waiting for The Dark Knight next. Ill for sure be at the Dark Knight. Hellboy just isnt my type of movie at all so I wont see that one. Heard Ledger was great as the joker to me its going to be kind of creepy watching him play it.

BobcatBenny
07-01-2008, 04:51 PM
It looks fun but I think I'm gonna wait to go to the movies until The Dark Knight comes in 2 weeks.
I am with you on Dark Knight, but I will probably go see Hancock too. I really liked Batman Begins so I am looking forward to Dark Knight.

Old Tiger
07-01-2008, 04:52 PM
i don't trust critics who are known for doing that such as ebert and roper....they have a different outlook on movies than i do

i really want to see this film

ronwx5x
07-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
i don't trust critics who are known for doing that such as ebert and roper....they have a different outlook on movies than i do

i really want to see this film

I think you should go see it.

piratebg
07-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Ill for sure be at the Dark Knight. Hellboy just isnt my type of movie at all so I wont see that one. Heard Ledger was great as the joker to me its going to be kind of creepy watching him play it.

The first Hellboy was ok. I really wasn't familiar with the character so I kind of went into that one with no expectations at all. The trailers for the second one look so much better than the first movie.

Old Tiger
07-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Ill for sure be at the Dark Knight. Hellboy just isnt my type of movie at all so I wont see that one. Heard Ledger was great as the joker to me its going to be kind of creepy watching him play it. what's even more creepy is watching that movie knowing that ledger was in Brokeback Mountain

piratebg
07-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Here are the reviews for Hancock so far.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/hancock/

DDBooger
07-01-2008, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
what's even more creepy is watching that movie knowing that ledger was in Brokeback Mountain deleted scenes from knocked up, Noah makes some hilarious comments about ledger and his co-star in brokeback.

eagles_victory
07-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
deleted scenes from knocked up, Noah makes some hilarious comments about ledger and his co-star in brokeback. Heaths partner in Brokebacks sister is in this movie

CHS_Grad '85
07-02-2008, 03:52 PM
Just came back from watching 'Hancock'... it was good... I wouldn't say it's Will's best Fourth of July movie...

It was exciting for us to watch because we happened to be in LA when they filmed the bank scene... my daughter and nephew were in the crowd as "extras"... Will came up and signed autographs and took pictures with them... so for us - this movie is special..

Emerson1
07-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Average movie. Put anyone else in as Hancock and it sucks

BobcatBenny
07-02-2008, 10:41 PM
I saw Hancock tonight and I liked it. It was pretty good and I would recommend it for adults.

I am not a prude, but nor am I a big fan of cursing. Quite a bit of cursing in this one. :(

However ... I am a big fan of Charlize Theron. Quite a bit of Charlize in this one! :)

Spaceman_Spiff
07-05-2008, 08:51 PM
It was ok...just ok...was very disappointed for some strange reason. Maybe everyone else will like it more than I did.

Highschoolfan78
07-06-2008, 12:16 PM
I thought it was a pretty good movie. Some of the twists I didn't like. The cheesy connection between the wife and him was kinda weird.

Fal44
07-07-2008, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Average movie. Put anyone else in as Hancock and it sucks

yeah I agree...

ronwx5x
07-07-2008, 12:53 PM
I was surprised when I went on Sunday night that the theater was almost completely full and I was there 30 minutes early. Had to sit in the neck breaker seats.

It was entertainment, no more, no less. The connection between Hancock and the wife was not credible. They should have come up with something more believable. Amazing how easy it was for him to suddenly no longer be an alcoholic, too. Why don't all alcoholics just quit like that?

Certainly left itself ready for a sequel. Anyone wonder why if he suddenly discovered he had these powers he didn't just get the government to give him a job rather than become a drunken bum?

Diocletian
07-07-2008, 06:14 PM
if the govt was involved it would be just like the incred hulk...

I don't understand much of the story of this movie, a drunken hero with superpowers lol... watching the preview of this one reminds of playing the game GTA in god mode.. heh

I heard WallE is better anyhow, I'll take my family to go see that one.

wimbo_pro
07-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Apparently it did pretty darned well at the box office over the weekend though.

Emerson1
07-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Apparently it did pretty darned well at the box office over the weekend though.

Any Will Smith action movie is going to do well, especially a 4th of July Will Smith movie

BobcatBenny
07-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian
... I heard WallE is better anyhow, I'll take my family to go see that one.
If you have any children, I definitely would not take them to Hancock.

I enjoyed Hancock much more than WALL-E. WALL-E was cute. Hancock was interesting (not great, but I enjoyed it).

piratebg
07-23-2008, 11:59 AM
Hanconck was horrible. I saw it last night and all I can say is I'm glad I didn't pay to see it. I had no problem with language. The whole movie was just not interesting and the performances felt uninspired. There are plenty of betters movies out there right now.

Necks_Fan
07-23-2008, 12:07 PM
Hanconck was horrible. I saw it last night and all I can say is I'm glad I didn't pay to see it. I had no problem with language. The whole movie was just not interesting and the performances felt uninspired. There are plenty of betters movies out there right now. The Dark knight is the bestv movie I have seen in a while. Skip this and go see it.

eagles_victory
07-23-2008, 12:17 PM
Hanconck was horrible. I saw it last night and all I can say is I'm glad I didn't pay to see it. I had no problem with language. The whole movie was just not interesting and the performances felt uninspired. There are plenty of betters movies out there right now. I didnt think it was that bad. I thought it was pretty entertaining but a storyline that was kind of stupid. But it wasnt a movie where I got bored in the middle of it like I do some movies so all in all I thought it was pretty good.

Kung ** Panda actually surprised me it was a pretty good movie when I saw it a week or so ago.