PDA

View Full Version : Overhyped/ Sleeper

eagles_victory
07-01-2008, 03:35 PM
Which teams do you think are being overrated and overhyped early on and which ones do you think are flying under the radar

Overhyped

Navasota- Yes they return 15 starters off of a team that made a run to the regional finals but they were dismantled and dominated in that game. Its tough for me to justify a number 2 ranking in a state for a team who was only 9-4 last year and ended their season with a blowout. Or maybe im just still bitter about the girls basketball playoffs lol

La Vega- Dave Campbell has this team picked to win state. Its always risky to bet the house on a team who has had multiple problems in the past with play conduct and possible rumors about star players moving onto other schools. Plus sometimes I feel this coaching staff doesnt always use their players to the best of their abilities.

Diboll- Not being as highly rated as the other two maybe but this team struggled so much on defense last year its hard for me to have confidence in them.

Sleepers

Graham- Lost a lot in the offseason but with Case Mccoy I wouldnt overlook them to somehow make it through that tough district and make the playoffs. I saw KTAs poll and he even has them ranked number 1 in region 1 in his preseason poll.

Palestine- To me it just seems like they just have to much talent year in and year out to be down for long. They didnt have a good year last year and dont have a whole lot coming back but judging by past success dont overlook this team.

Tatum- Not many people talking much about this team since they just moved back up. When a team has been as good as these guys have been the past 3 years I just have a feeling they are going to be right in the thick of things again this year.

Not trying to bash any of the overhyped teams because I have a lot of respect for the teams just an observation.

Emerson1
07-01-2008, 03:37 PM
What grade is Case McCoy going to be in? Everything I read last year said he sucked and was only on the field because of daddy

jason
07-01-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory

Graham- Lost a lot in the offseason but with Case Mccoy I wouldnt overlook them to somehow make it through that tough district and make the playoffs. I saw KTAs poll and he even has them ranked number 1 in region 1 in his preseason poll.

he had them number 1 in the region last year too after they got beat by another team in their region...

he is a homer and doesn't know what he's talking about...

the fact that you used his poll to justify your reasoning is almost discredits what you are trying to say.....

that is all my opinion of course....

BILLYFRED0000
07-01-2008, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
What grade is Case McCoy going to be in? Everything I read last year said he sucked and was only on the field because of daddy
Case will be a junior this year. He was on the field because he and his competition were about equal and he has more upside because he was a soph. Coach McCoy may be guilty of some things but he sure likes to win.

BILLYFRED0000
07-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by jason
he had them number 1 in the region last year too after they got beat by another team in their region...

the fact that you used his poll to justify your reasoning is almost discredits what you are trying to say.....

Yes Argyle handled them last year and in my opinion might do it this year. They have been a very good team year in and out since their program started.

LH Panther Mom
07-01-2008, 03:47 PM

Sleepers

Graham- I saw KTAs poll and he even has them ranked number 1 in region 1 in his preseason poll.

:doh: :doh: :doh: Of course he does! He had them ahead of Vernon the week after Vernon beat them 17-10. :doh:

LH Panther Mom
07-01-2008, 03:48 PM

You beat me to it while I was looking up the actual score. :p

Emerson1
07-01-2008, 03:48 PM
Someone still has that moron doing polls?

ronwx5x
07-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Someone still has that moron doing polls?

). Do not engage in personal attacks and/or threats.
This is NOT a smack site. We are not here to air personal vendettas. Bashing of students/athletes (grades 12 & under) will NOT be tolerated. Avoid using people's real names in your posts, name calling and the use of derogatory terms toward others. That attaches a personal flavor that most posters will find objectionable. Try reversing the roles and see how you would feel if someone said it to you or about your child. Personal attacks or threats, if reported, in PM's, open chat, or chat IM's may warrant warning, suspension or banning, subject to Administrator discretion. At 3A Downlow, we also tend to frown upon posts that attack the integrity of school systems and coaches. Use intelligence & wit. If all you have to offer is the tired old rah rah stuff, the vets on this site will tire of you quickly. Be prepared to offer facts and statistics to back up your claims.

eagles_victory
07-01-2008, 04:03 PM

that is all my opinion of course.... that part was a joke btw

RedWhiteBlue
07-01-2008, 04:11 PM
Please don't repeat things that you obviously know nothing about. Bashing kids sucks. IMO :D

waterboy
07-01-2008, 04:12 PM
I agree with you on your selections, and I'll add a couple more I think are (at least by DCTF):

Overhyped:
Brownwood - They were 6-4 last year, even though mostly against 4A schools, but still, #3? I think that's a little too high, and I know I'll ruffle some feathers with that one. :D

Sealy - I think they are going to be good, but #7? Maybe top 15 material, but they still will have to prove themselves worthy in my opinion.

Sleepers:
Gilmer - I know they lost alot of players, but they are consistent wnners. I think #23 may be a little low. I would have them at least in the top 15, maybe even the top 10.

Abilene Wylie - #24? Come on, they should probably be somewhere in the same vicinity as Gilmer for the same reasons.

I'm sure there will be some surprises this year, there usually is. I could be wrong about the above, but we shall see.

mistanice
07-01-2008, 04:12 PM
Which teams do you think are being overrated and overhyped early on and which ones do you think are flying under the radar

Overhyped

Navasota- Yes they return 15 starters off of a team that made a run to the regional finals but they were dismantled and dominated in that game. Its tough for me to justify a number 2 ranking in a state for a team who was only 9-4 last year and ended their season with a blowout. Or maybe im just still bitter about the girls basketball playoffs lol

La Vega- Dave Campbell has this team picked to win state. Its always risky to bet the house on a team who has had multiple problems in the past with play conduct and possible rumors about star players moving onto other schools. Plus sometimes I feel this coaching staff doesnt always use their players to the best of their abilities.

Diboll- Not being as highly rated as the other two maybe but this team struggled so much on defense last year its hard for me to have confidence in them.

Sleepers

Palestine- To me it just seems like they just have to much talent year in and year out to be down for long. They didnt have a good year last year and dont have a whole lot coming back but judging by past success dont overlook this team.

Tatum- Not many people talking much about this team since they just moved back up. When a team has been as good as these guys have been the past 3 years I just have a feeling they are going to be right in the thick of things again this year.

Not trying to bash any of the overhyped teams because I have a lot of respect for the teams just an observation.

I see two teams that may be affected this season on the defensive side.. for better or for worse.

Tatum lost their Defensive Coord. & Diboll picked that same DC as the new HC. You're right about Diboll struggling on defense though.

Emerson1
07-01-2008, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Please don't repeat things that you obviously know nothing about. Bashing kids sucks. IMO :D
I apologize for saying he sucks, I thought he going to be a senior, so he doesn't suck, just inexperienced :D

I do not apologize for calling KTA a moron, because I do not apologize for stating facts

eagles_victory
07-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
I see two teams that may be affected this season on the defensive side.. for better or for worse.

Tatum lost their Defensive Coord. & Diboll picked that same DC as the new HC. You're right about Diboll struggling on defense though. That game vs Westwood last year that defense looked more helpless than Ashlee Simpson doing a live singing performance

Trashman
07-01-2008, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
I agree with you on your selections, and I'll add a couple more I think are (at least by DCTF):

Overhyped:
Brownwood - They were 6-4 last year, even though mostly against 4A schools, but still, #3? I think that's a little too high, and I know I'll ruffle some feathers with that one. :D

Sealy - I think they are going to be good, but #7? Maybe top 15 material, but they still will have to prove themselves worthy in my opinion.

Sleepers:
Gilmer - I know they lost alot of players, but they are consistent wnners. I think #23 may be a little low. I would have them at least in the top 15, maybe even the top 10.

Abilene Wylie - #24? Come on, they should probably be somewhere in the same vicinity as Gilmer for the same reasons.

I'm sure there will be some surprises this year, there usually is. I could be wrong about the above, but we shall see.

You are right Brownwood is over hyped, that is because we are all a bunch of HOMERS and we are good at it! Always have been and always will be! If your not a homer for your team then shame on you!

Black_Magic
07-01-2008, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
You are right Brownwood is over hyped, that is because we are all a bunch of HOMERS and we are good at it! Always have been and always will be! If your not a homer for your team then shame on you! I believe Brownwood will be very good . I also believe Brownwood players and Fans will have some very sobering experiences.
http://soccerlens.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/arsenal_fan_crying.jpg

Trashman
07-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I believe Brownwood will be very good . I also believe Brownwood players and Fans will have some very sobering experiences.
http://soccerlens.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/arsenal_fan_crying.jpg

Brownwwod Fans take their football very seriously. We sober up for all games. LOL

BobcatBenny
07-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Here are a few teams I think might surprise a few folks.

Snyder (not that much of a sleeper, but might be better than some think)
Argyle
Rockdale
Tatum

and ... with a big unknown and my Woody Allen style Sleeper, because of a new coach ... Gainesville.

LH Panther Mom
07-01-2008, 09:36 PM
that part was a joke btw
:doh: :doh: :doh: Now you tell me! :p

IHStangFan
07-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Navasota: I think they will be darn good, but not sure HOW good yet.

Sealy: On the rise, and will be "on the level" within the next two years, but this year? We'll have to wait and see.

West Oso: It is my opinion that their district is down some overall, and they were a very average team last year in said district. So why all of the sudden would they be so great?

Rio Hondo: No doubt will be the class of the valley, but I feel there are several teams in Reg. IV outside of the valley that'd hand them their butts.

Jasper: Not sure what they return, but they came on strong near the end of the season last year.

West Orange Stark: My early pick to make a serious run.

Farmersville: Won a 2A state title last year.....welcome to 3A.

Gilmer: What are they bringing back? Will they be a shell of what they have been? I am asking because I don't know.

Giddings: Will they even win their district...as it appeared their offense was built around one guy largely last year.

popcorn screen
07-01-2008, 10:49 PM
Saw Argyle and Graham play in the Ville last year in a downpour. Both teams were good. I would like to see them play in dry weather. I don't agree with Brownwood being overhyped. They have several kids that can go on that squad. Overhyped would be West Oso and Rio Hondo. Tatum will continue to play good ball. Everyone looks good in the summer and on paper. Looking forward to the season.

Black_Magic
07-02-2008, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Here are a few teams I think might surprise a few folks.

Snyder (not that much of a sleeper, but might be better than some think)
Argyle
Rockdale
Tatum

and ... with a big unknown and my Woody Allen style Sleeper, because of a new coach ... Gainesville. Sure, Snyder Is a sleeper. In the last 5 seasons played 2 semifinals twice, and the quarter finals 4 times. But this year they are a sleeper. Snyder lost Will Clay and Lance Day so that would make it a rebuilding year in some peoples eyes. there is one problem with that though. Having 6 other starters comming back on Offence and 8 on Defense with 2 all state players back makes it hard to say they are a sleeper. Overlooked is more like it. but that will be the case this year with BWood being new.

STANG RED
07-02-2008, 09:27 AM
Sure, Snyder Is a sleeper. In the last 5 seasons played 2 semifinals twice, and the quarter finals 4 times. But this year they are a sleeper. Snyder lost Will Clay and Lance Day so that would make it a rebuilding year in some peoples eyes. there is one problem with that though. Having 6 other starters comming back on Offence and 8 on Defense with 2 all state players back makes it hard to say they are a sleeper. Overlooked is more like it. but that will be the case this year with BWood being new.

Hey BM, have the coaches had thier district meeting yet? I'm just curious if method of tie breakers have been decided yet. I have a strong feeling they will be utilized.

waterboy
07-02-2008, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
You are right Brownwood is over hyped, that is because we are all a bunch of HOMERS and we are good at it! Always have been and always will be! If your not a homer for your team then shame on you!
Oh, I am a homer, for sure!:D Notice that I put Gilmer as a sleeper. That's where I'm from.;) I'll be a Buckeye backer till the day I kick the bucket!:D

RedWhiteBlue
07-02-2008, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Oh, I am a homer, for sure!:D Notice that I put Gilmer as a sleeper. That's where I'm from.;) I'll be a Buckeye backer till the day I kick the bucket!:D
Aren't we all HOMERS? Duh.....:confused::rolleyes: :eek:

Trashman
07-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Aren't we all HOMERS? Duh.....:confused::rolleyes: :eek:

The point I was trying to make is that some people on this board use the word "Homer" like it was a bad thing. I am a "Homer" and I am proud of it. If your one you should be too!:clap: :D :inlove:

easttexas3a
07-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Chapel Hill is a sleeper. May have the best Running back in East Texas. Very good team that may win their district with Gilmer in it, and boost themselves in the playoffs.

Jasper could make a big swing this year and go deep, Coach Brooks had them playing really well towards the end.

Gilmer is ranked 23rd but very well could end up being a top 10 team going into the playoffs, its all a matter of how well they reload.

I don't buy into the Brownwood hype. Several 3a teams would have beat them last year. Don't get me wrong they will make the playoffs and have some success, but they are not a state team in my opinion.

Also I do not think Navasota will make it out of their region. It will be loaded.

JR2004
07-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Aren't we all HOMERS?

No we all aren't.

Emerson1
07-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
No we all aren't.
You are NEVER a homer

RedWhiteBlue
07-02-2008, 05:44 PM
You are NEVER a homer
I am a HOMER several times.:thinking: At several different places.:thinking:

RedWhiteBlue
07-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Which is better??? Getting a great deal of attention and your boys getting all hyped up about that OR being ignored and coming out of nowhere and donkey stomping everybody?:thinking: :thinking:

firstdown
07-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Which is better??? Getting a great deal of attention and your boys getting all hyped up about that OR being ignored and coming out of nowhere and donkey stomping everybody?:thinking: :thinking:

I like the idea of sneaking up on folks and beating the living daylights out of them. Kids are cocky enough without any help.:devil:

LH Panther Mom
07-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by firstdown
I like the idea of sneaking up on folks and beating the living daylights out of them. Kids are cocky enough without any help.:devil: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: Works for me! :devil:

lostaussie
07-02-2008, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Gilmer: What are they bringing back? Will they be a shell of what they have been? I am asking because I don't know.

well lets see..........they bring back a small junior class that will have strong leadership. they bring back a star studded soph. class that will have another year under their belt from a state finals team..........and last but not least, they bring back a head coach that is 85-15 in eight years and has the CHANCE to, I believe, become the fastest head coach to 100 wins in Texas High School Football History. my man WOS-87 still working on those figures so don't quote me on that............yet..............nope, we don't bring back much:thumbsup:

big daddy russ
07-02-2008, 09:30 PM
This is for everyone who wants to jump on the Brownwood doesn't deserve a high ranking-bandwagon:

LOSSES
Abilene Cooper (5A playoff squad) 24-17
Killeen (4A) 25-22
Waco (4A playoff squad... Ranked #1 in 4A at one point) 34-14
Hewitt Midway (4A Playoff squad) 36-22

NOTABLE WINS
Abilene Wylie (3A Division I State Semifinalist) 28-21
Sweetwater (3A playoff squad) 55-7
Copperas Cove (4A Division I runners-up) 17-10

While I'm not willing to hand them the trophy just yet, I'm also not willing to discredit them because of their 6-4 record. They played in one of the toughest districts in 4A and if they can stay mentally prepared, they'll be a hell of a team to deal with in 3A.

Emerson1
07-02-2008, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

While I'm not willing to hand them the trophy just yet, I'm also not willing to discredit them because of their 6-4 record. They played in one of the toughest districts in 4A and if they can stay mentally prepared, they'll be a hell of a team to deal with in 3A.

But Celina and LH would roll over HP, Lake Travis, Copperas Cove ect. So if they couldn't win in 4A there is no way they can win in 3A.....

BEAST
07-02-2008, 10:09 PM
But Celina and LH would roll over HP, Lake Travis, Copperas Cove ect. So if they couldn't win in 4A there is no way they can win in 3A.....

That is the funniest shiznit I have read to date on this website.

BEAST

Rocket
07-03-2008, 10:32 AM
Emerson1-

I would add a JK (just kidding) after your statement or NOBODY in their right mind will take you seriously on this board ever again.

Whats up with all the idiots on this board? I guess since Brownwood isn't bowing down to LH and Selena and actually say we have a chance to win state, that we are out of our minds? There is a big world out there 3A, much bigger than 3A, much faster than 3A, much stronger than 3A, and much better than 3A and we have been living in it for the last 20+ years. It's like UT switching over to Conference USA. I am sure TCU and all the boys would be talking their little trash about "don't expect to come in here and us just hand you the trophy" and meanwhile UT is laughing their heads off...

STANG RED
07-03-2008, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Emerson1-

I would add a JK (just kidding) after your statement or NOBODY in their right mind will take you seriously on this board ever again.

Whats up with all the idiots on this board? I guess since Brownwood isn't bowing down to LH and Selena and actually say we have a chance to win state, that we are out of our minds? There is a big world out there 3A, much bigger than 3A, much faster than 3A, much stronger than 3A, and much better than 3A and we have been living in it for the last 20+ years. It's like UT switching over to Conference USA. I am sure TCU and all the boys would be talking their little trash about "don't expect to come in here and us just hand you the trophy" and meanwhile UT is laughing their heads off...

I'm not sure if you meant it to sound this way. But this easily translates into Brownwood laughing their heads off at all of 3A and expecting to come in and just roll over everyone. Is this what you are saying?

LH Panther Mom
07-03-2008, 10:57 AM
Emerson1-

Whats up with all the idiots on this board? I guess since Brownwood isn't bowing down to LH and Selena and actually say we have a chance to win state, that we are out of our minds? There is a big world out there 3A, much bigger than 3A, much faster than 3A, much stronger than 3A, and much better than 3A and we have been living in it for the last 20+ years. It's like UT switching over to Conference USA. I am sure TCU and all the boys would be talking their little trash about "don't expect to come in here and us just hand you the trophy" and meanwhile UT is laughing their heads off... LH doesn't want or expect ANYONE to bow down to us! We will be more than happy to wait until around 10:30 pm September 19 for that! :D :evil: :taunt:

espn1
07-03-2008, 10:58 AM
But Celina and LH would roll over HP, Lake Travis, Copperas Cove ect. So if they couldn't win in 4A there is no way they can win in 3A..... LMAO!
The thing that separates 4A from 3A is the depth of talent. Yes there are 3A teams that sometimes beat 4A teams. But week in and week out you have to really be on your game. Because a weak team slipping up on you in 4A is much more likely than in 3 A, and it even gets worse in 5A. I'm glad to be back down in 3A. We may not win it all but I like the 3A odds much better than the 4A.

lostaussie
07-03-2008, 11:03 AM
Emerson1-

Oh NO he didn't!!!!!!!!:D

Rocket
07-03-2008, 11:07 AM
You can take what I said however you want to take it. As a Brownwood fan, I am laughing at the disrespect, in general, that has been shown toward Brownwood based on last year alone. It is kind of funny. Our program respects each opponent, 3A or 4A. Where the laughter comes in is LH and Selena having the attitude that we are just another team that dropped down. That is just idiotic.

LH Panther Mom-

Moms are always idealist. Don't really deal with reality well. Like they always think their kids are perfect (when they can't stop getting in trouble), or they think they are good looking (when they are as ugly as all get out). So this is probably what is happening with you..so I am really laughing now...

pirate4state
07-03-2008, 11:12 AM
You can take what I said however you want to take it. As a Brownwood fan, I am laughing at the disrespect, in general, that has been shown toward Brownwood based on last year alone. It is kind of funny. Our program respects each opponent, 3A or 4A. Where the laughter comes in is LH and Selena having the attitude that we are just another team that dropped down. That is just idiotic.

LH Panther Mom-

Moms are always idealist. Don't really deal with reality well. Like they always think their kids are perfect (when they can't stop getting in trouble), or they think they are good looking (when they are as ugly as all get out). So this is probably what is happening with you..so I am really laughing now...

WOW so we are all just suppose to GIVE you (Brownwood) respect? Ummm, no. Why don't you try it first?

First, it's CELINA not Selena. :rolleyes:

Second, don't mess with the mom's on this board.

And lastly, I'm laughing at YOU taking anything Emerson has to say as a serious comment! :hand:

I would add another comment, but it's my birthday and I don't want to get banned on my birthday!

LH Panther Mom
07-03-2008, 11:13 AM
LH Panther Mom-

Moms are always idealist. Don't really deal with reality well. Like they always think their kids are perfect (when they can't stop getting in trouble), or they think they are good looking (when they are as ugly as all get out). So this is probably what is happening with you..so I am really laughing now... Go ahead and laugh! :p

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/8039/plbtrii1cx9.jpg

BILLYFRED0000
07-03-2008, 11:17 AM
Emerson1-

He states what he believes. If you want to know what he means you have to see LH and Celina play. then you know. I am not saying that we roll over all those teams but beat them yes quite possibly and ditto for LH. LH has a back to back in d1 and d2 and Celina has 5 losses since october 98. that is something like 142 - 5 with 6 titles. When you consider that we have played in 7 title games and been 2 and 4 rounds deep the other years since then, I believe I am safe in saying we have played some very good teams.

JasperDog94
07-03-2008, 11:41 AM
nm

STANG RED
07-03-2008, 11:44 AM

LH Panther Mom-

Most have ranked Bwood in the top 3. So where is this disrespect you speak of? Just because they are not falling over one another to kiss your maroon ass, doesnt mean they lack respect.

BobcatBenny
07-03-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
...First, it's CELINA not Selena. :rolleyes: ...
I knew you really loved us. :eek:

Oh and happy birthday. :)

Any chance you might pull out the old birthday suit and give us all a thrill? ;)

Old Tiger
07-03-2008, 12:53 PM
is it possible for a team to be overhyped yet still a sleeper?

BobcatBenny
07-03-2008, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
is it possible for a team to be overhyped yet still a sleeper?
:spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol:

Rocket
07-03-2008, 01:05 PM
Panther Mom-

Is that picture supposed to prove something? LOL. Brownwood's weight program is unmatched in the state. YAWN.

Did I hit a nerve with my last post? hope so...

Stang Red-

You know we are going to whip your butt this season alot worse than last season, right? Our freshmen beat your freshmen 40-0, JV 40-0 and Varsity 55-7, and we gave you the 7. If anybody is worried about us dropping down it should be you. If what you call a varsity team last season made it to the playoffs, go ahead and put our name on the trophy. Kiss that.

Old Tiger
07-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Panther Mom-

Is that picture supposed to prove something? LOL. Brownwood's weight program is unmatched in the state. YAWN.

Stang Red-

You know we are going to whip your butt this season alot worse than last season, right? Our freshmen beat your freshmen 40-0, JV 40-0 and Varsity 55-7, and we gave you the 7. If anybody is worried about us dropping down it should be you. If what you call a varsity team last season made it to the playoffs, go ahead and put our name on the trophy. Kiss that. why would you hope to hit a nerve with LHPM she's one of the nicest women you'll ever meet. Plus she raised her kids well and all are good kids:confused:

Black_Magic
07-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Emerson1-

Im sorry but your all wrong. I know for a fact that the 4a ranks are not stronger than 3a. Snyder dropped 6 years ago. Snyder also thought it would be a easyer and competiton would be lighter. WRONG!!! Your just plain wrong if you expect that. Snyder has rolled over Strong 4a playoff teams here in west tx. Herford (3 rounds in the playoffs), Amarillo PD , Lubbock Estacado (3rounds in the playoffs) for example. they were not as tough as Vernon, Monahans and Argyle. those are facts. You will figure that out real soon. You are making the same mistake several 4a dropdowns have. Its natural but your just plain wrong. In fact in West Texas the cream of the crop programs would me mostly 3a when comparing 4a to 3a. You will figure it out after midway through district I think.

garciap77
07-03-2008, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Go ahead and laugh! :p

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/8039/plbtrii1cx9.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Maybe I'll take your advice GO Blue!;)

Old Tiger
07-03-2008, 01:18 PM
Im sorry but your all wrong. I know for a fact that the 4a ranks are not stronger than 3a. Snyder dropped 6 years ago. Snyder also thought it would be a easyer and competiton would be lighter. WRONG!!! Your just plain wrong if you expect that. Snyder has rolled over Strong 4a playoff teams here in west tx. Herford (3 rounds in the playoffs), Amarillo PD , Lubbock Estacado (3rounds in the playoffs) for example. they were not as tough as Vernon, Monahans and Argyle. those are facts. You will figure that out real soon. You are making the same mistake several 4a dropdowns have. Its natural but your just plain wrong. In fact in West Texas the cream of the crop programs would me mostly 3a when comparing 4a to 3a. You will figure it out after midway through district I think. well that's snyder after all his schools name is BROWNWOOD!

:rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Emerson1
07-03-2008, 01:19 PM

LH Panther Mom-

I would take the beast by himself in a linemen challenge over your entire family combined

And lastly, I'm laughing at YOU taking anything Emerson has to say as a serious comment! :hand:

He is new, he thinks he knows what he is talking about.

garciap77
07-03-2008, 01:29 PM
I would take the beast by himself in a linemen challenge over your entire family combined

He is new, he thinks he knows what he is talking about.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

waterboy
07-03-2008, 01:44 PM
I can't see where anyone is disrespecting Brownwood on this here forum. Brownwood will get their chance in 3A. Just because they dropped down from 4A to 3A doesn't automatically mean a state title. I think that being ranked #3 in the state is ample respect by DCTF, but I'm not buying into it. Remember RESPECT is something that is EARNED, not something that is automatically due.:cool:

STANG RED
07-03-2008, 01:54 PM

Stang Red-

You know we are going to whip your butt this season alot worse than last season, right? Our freshmen beat your freshmen 40-0, JV 40-0 and Varsity 55-7, and we gave you the 7. If anybody is worried about us dropping down it should be you. If what you call a varsity team last season made it to the playoffs, go ahead and put our name on the trophy. Kiss that.

Wow, what an incredibly arrogant ass you are. And if you’d pull your overblown head out of your obviously huge anus, you would discover that I am one of only a few none B’wooders on here that have B’wood ranked #1, and have ranked us down around #20 somewhere. I have no illusions about where Sweetwater’s program is right now. But it’s obvious you have little grasp on reality yourself. I guarantee B’wood will not roll over everyone as easily as you seem to think. Not only that, I guarantee B’wood will lose some games, and yes 1 or 2 of those could easily happen in district. You seem to be hung up on running down Sweetwater for some reason and I don’t know why. Especially since Sweetwater’s success over the past 25 years has been far superior to what B’wood has done in the same time period. And most of those years were spent in 4A by the way. Also, both Wylie, and Snyder have had much more success than B’wood has lately, and have kicked a lot of 4A butt in the process.

And yes B’wood did kick the crap out of a bunch of youngsters from Sweetwater that weren’t near ready for varsity level football yet last season. Many of whom probably should have been on those freshman and JV teams your so proud to have beaten. But by midseason they actually became a much better team than any of us thought they would. And I think that team would have proven to be a much more formidable opponent than the one you saw. I can only hope the Lions are foolish enough to believe they will be facing the same type of team this season as they did this past one. But I have a feeling the coaches are a lot more football savy than you are (which isn’t saying much), and know it wont be so easy next time.

BobcatBenny
07-03-2008, 02:11 PM
I think the LH OC move throws an interesting dynamic into the preseason rankings. I do think that coaching is a huge factor in how well a team plays.

Will any other coaches go with him?

But with that said ... I hope the LH Defense knocks the snot outta Brownwood! :eek:

But before that ... I hope Waco LaVega rips Brownwood a new one.

Then after that ... I hope Abilene Wylie feeds your Lions some crow.

Then I hope Sweetwater beats Brownwood up ... handing fresh raw flesh to their bitter rivals, Snyder.

I better hit post fast because I feel a lock coming on! :doh:

3afan
07-03-2008, 02:19 PM
Panther Mom-

Stang Red-

wow - time to resurrect the "teams you want to see lose" thread ???

Emerson1
07-03-2008, 02:30 PM
I don't think some people realize why they are dropping down, it's because your school has 200-300 less kids then it did 2 years ago. That takes away the chances of having a deep team that made success in 4A possible. Sorry to state the obvious but some people need to realize they only have 900 kids now, not 1200.

LH Panther Mom
07-03-2008, 02:39 PM
Panther Mom-

No, it isn't supposed to prove anything really. One thing about this "mom" is that I am very realistic. That's my son. Me posting the picture has nothing to do with our weight program. It was just the quickest one on here that I could find. :p

Oh, and he'll be a senior. There's a couple of reasons he's called "the beast", and one of them happens to be in that picture, although he did squat 675 at state, instead of whatever that is. (645, I think) ;)

BILLYFRED0000
07-03-2008, 02:39 PM
Panther Mom-

Stang Red-

Now I will argue that. Come down to Celina country. Our boys will show you some weights anytime..

Old Tiger
07-03-2008, 02:41 PM
No, it isn't supposed to prove anything really. One thing about this "mom" is that I am very realistic. That's my son. Me posting the picture has nothing to do with our weight program. It was just the quickest one on here that I could find. :p

Oh, and he'll be a senior. There's a couple of reasons he's called "the beast", and one of them happens to be in that picture, although he did squat 675 at state, instead of whatever that is. (645, I think) ;) You forgot to mention how he runs down FS/SS while blocking :D

How he pancacked(IMO ;) ) Justin Johnson an OU recruit...Dexter Pratt an LSU recruit

Emerson1
07-03-2008, 02:43 PM

LH Panther Mom
07-03-2008, 02:46 PM
You forgot to mention how he runs down FS/SS while blocking :D

How he pancacked(IMO ;) ) Justin Johnson an OU recruit...Dexter Pratt an LSU recruit
Shhhh! There's no point in bragging on him like that. :p

But you did forget about the kid from that other team that I won't mention that he made so mad that he cried after getting run over/mowed down 473 times. :devil:

Old Tiger
07-03-2008, 02:47 PM

But you did forget about the kid from that other team that I won't mention that he made so mad that he cried after getting run over/mowed down 473 times. :devil: I can't remember which team it was but he as running down a DB and the DB saw him and started running away :D

Emerson1
07-03-2008, 02:47 PM
And Rodney, way to represent your school. If you are going to argue and make your self look stupid, I wouldn't put that I run the teams website.

LH Panther Mom can be pretty psychotic, wouldn't want her coming to Sachse to get you.

BILLYFRED0000
07-03-2008, 02:51 PM

But you did forget about the kid from that other team that I won't mention that he made so mad that he cried after getting run over/mowed down 473 times. :devil:

He is quite a specimen mom no doubt about it. Good looking young man.

Rocket
07-03-2008, 05:10 PM
LOL.. wow I guess the fire is lit now...

It's all in fun. I gues my maroon butt is on the hit list. Oh well. Sign me up for LH and Selena on the Teams that I want to lose the most. I am just glad we have the power to make that happen come Week 3 for one of them.

Emerson1-

Thanks for the UIL lesson. LOL Like I said, after your post, you hold no validity on anything to me. So keep on yapping...

Stang Red-

slow down... you are the one that started in on me. All I would like to say is that was a waste of time for me last season. Like watching a Varsity play an 8th grade team. I know you guys will be better, I sure hope so or there might be frequent trips to the ER for you guys. I will give it to Sweetwater, they are the only team that has given us trouble the last few years. Through all the trash talking (which is all it is) I do respect Sweetwater and know it should be a good one, especially in District. Remember, '97? WE had a great team and you guys ended up beating us. Close one..I believe your QB was Boatwright. Good game! We were both 4A's back then.

LH Panther Mom
07-03-2008, 05:28 PM
I can't remember which team it was but he as running down a DB and the DB saw him and started running away :D
:thinking: :thinking: I'm going to have to think about that one.

Ranger Mom
07-03-2008, 06:28 PM

I just wanted to say I KNOW my kids aren't perfect.....heck, anyone who has read this board for long knows the problems I have had with my middle child!!

As a mom, I find your post very offensive....as a moderator...well, we won't even go there right now!!

We have been "pre-warned" of you!!

Rocket
07-03-2008, 06:41 PM
So no offending. Got it.

Hi everybody! I hope everybody wins every game and good luck to you! Go get em!

I'll tone it down.... sorry for offending the moms out there.

Ranger Mom
07-03-2008, 06:54 PM
So no offending. Got it.

Hi everybody! I hope everybody wins every game and good luck to you! Go get em!

I'll tone it down.... sorry for offending the moms out there.

I never said, "no offending"...but making a statement about "moms" has nothing to do with football, just makes you look very chauvinistic!!

Thanks for the well wishes....but since I AM "realistic"....I KNOW we are gonna struggle this season!!

Rocket
07-03-2008, 07:22 PM
We have the same problem with go blue on our board, but he knows the powers that be here so he gets a free pass.

I love moms... Just trash talking. I got riled up at work today and vented here. Sorry everybody, well for most of it. ha ha

Also, at least I trash talk with an identity behind it instead of hiding behind a username with no information about myself besides location.

Old Tiger
07-03-2008, 07:24 PM
We have the same problem with go blue on our board, but he knows the powers that be here so he gets a free pass.

I love moms... Just trash talking. I got riled up at work today and vented here. Sorry everybody, well for most of it. ha ha difference is homeboy your stuff is serious and majority of my stuff is in jest and people here know that

Rocket
07-03-2008, 07:24 PM
oh really boy? and how do they know that? Did you put out a big disclaimer that I missed? That picture isn't offensive to moms I guess... what is this? a mechanic's garage? Figures...

How do you know when my stuff is serious or funny? I read all of your stupid trash (haven't made me laugh yet) as serious, so I guess it is serious to me. I guess you should do standup. Probably look like Larry the Cable Guy.

Well where do I sign the form that says take nothing I say serious but funny?

Ranger Mom
07-03-2008, 07:27 PM
oh really boy? and how do they know that? Did you put out a big disclaimer that I missed? That picture isn't offensive to moms I guess... what is this? a mechanics garage?

We know that because he's been here on one name or the other for 6 plus years!!

Go Blue, Emerson1, we know to take them with a grain of salt!!

Emerson1
07-03-2008, 10:37 PM

Emerson1-

Thanks for the UIL lesson. LOL Like I said, after your post, you hold no validity on anything to me. So keep on yapping...

I am sorry you ever took me seriously.

What is sad, more people probably take me seriously then they do you know

popcorn screen
07-03-2008, 10:42 PM
You two should meet at the 50 during pregame, pad up and get it. You two are wearing this thread out. Based on last years teams, Brownwood will probably beat sweetwater. When they play a current elite team (no disrespect to anyone), like Celina, LH, Cuero, or Wylie come playoff time (they are much better come playoff time), then we can see how the lions will fare. I look forward to driving to see some great playoff games 1A - 5A. There is nothing like HS football and the playoff road to the title.

Ranger Mom
07-03-2008, 10:43 PM
What "2" are you talking about?:confused:

Emerson1
07-03-2008, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
We know that because he's been here on one name or the other for 6 plus years!!

Go Blue, Emerson1, we know to take them with a grain of salt!!
She likes to put it in my belly button and lick it out!

Ranger Mom
07-03-2008, 10:44 PM
She likes to put it in my belly button and lick it out!

Ewwww!! In your dreams maybe!!:tongue: :tongue:

bwdlionfan
07-03-2008, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by popcorn screen
You two should meet at the 50 during pregame, pad up and get it. You two are wearing this thread out. Based on last years teams, Brownwood will probably beat sweetwater. When they play a current elite team (no disrespect to anyone), like Celina, LH, Cuero, or Wylie come playoff time (they are much better come playoff time), then we can see how the lions will fare. I look forward to driving to see some great playoff games 1A - 5A. There is nothing like HS football and the playoff road to the title.

Why is there so much emphasis that Wylie gets better come playoff time? What team doesn't get better come playoff time if they don't have injuries? Big freakin deal. Brownwood started 2006 at 2-4 and then went 4 rounds deep in the 4A playoffs. If a team isn't getting better by the time the playoffs come around, then they should fire their coach. Oh, and that Brownwood team that got better as the season went on, just so happened to beat Wylie before they got good at the end of the season.

bobcat1
07-04-2008, 06:24 AM

LH Panther Mom-

Dear Rotney,

It's spelled Celina and I hope we get a chance to meet Brownwierd this year and you are making it very hard for me to want to meet LH again and not you instead.

Thanks! Now back to respect and spelling class for you Rotney.

P.S. I have always thought Brownwierd only had 2 good things. Underwoods and The Sportsman Center owned by Peewee Cole. You make me think I am right. Oh and hasn't Stephenville handed you your butts regularly lately?

BILLYFRED0000
07-04-2008, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Dear Rotney,

It's spelled Celina and I hope we get a chance to meet Brownwierd this year and you are making it very hard for me to want to meet LH again and not you instead.

Thanks! Now back to respect and spelling class for you Rotney.

P.S. I have always thought Brownwierd only had 2 good things. Underwoods and The Sportsman Center owned by Peewee Cole. You make me think I am right. Oh and hasn't Stephenville handed you your butts regularly lately?

You are right about underwoods. Lake brownwood is better now that it has water in it again. HPU used to have some hot chicks in my day. I remember one Rochelle tomson........ But I digress. I think that about covers BW. Now they do have Blanket close by and a good friend of mine used to live there. And bobcat1 Stephenville did hand them their butts. I would say you were right on all counts.

Rocket
07-04-2008, 09:59 AM
Wow you guys really got me there. Hold back on the Ammo guys, not sure I can recover. Kissing butt all the time is boring, don't you think?

I know my reputation on this board is probably in trouble and that is ok, I deserve it for calling out the 2 teams in 3A whose crap don't stink. I know most of you with any football knowledge at all know that Brownwood has their work cut out for them but should make some waves in the meantime. If you will also notice, LH and Celina are the only 2 teams I have really called out, with the exception of Sweetwater (who I have tons more respect for). I will quit causing so much grief. I really am a good guy and I love Texas High School Football. I am also sure I will have alot more respect for 3A football after this season. Don't let my rantings ruin your thoughts on Brownwood or our program. It is always in fun with me. Also, if Lh wins Week 3, I will be the first to say good game!

BILLYFRED0000
07-04-2008, 10:28 AM
Wow you guys really got me there. Hold back on the Ammo guys, not sure I can recover. Kissing butt all the time is boring, don't you think?

I know my reputation on this board is probably in trouble and that is ok, I deserve it for calling out the 2 teams in 3A whose crap don't stink. I know most of you with any football knowledge at all know that Brownwood has their work cut out for them but should make some waves in the meantime. If you will also notice, LH and Celina are the only 2 teams I have really called out, with the exception of Sweetwater (who I have tons more respect for). I will quit causing so much grief. I really am a good guy and I love Texas High School Football. I am also sure I will have alot more respect for 3A football after this season. Don't let my rantings ruin your thoughts on Brownwood or our program. It is always in fun with me. Also, if Lh wins Week 3, I will be the first to say good game!

Well mostly we get hammered too. You see we were 2a and were not supposed to win when we got here. And they were right. LH did beat us in the finals the first time we got there. But we did get the second one.:p

So don't take it too hard. I expect BW to be a force. I just know a lot of good teams and have seen tons of football. I make my predictions based on that and not homerism. I do believe in Celina because of our defense and coachiing. Any team that plays defense in my book has a chance. We held LH to their lowest point total the year we lost. Our offense just misfired a couple of times too many. CS only had 235 yards again their lowest yardage totals of the year. We play D and do it with a scheme you do not see. It is a tough scheme to play and even tougher to block. But it is fun to watch. OUr best game last year was against another spread team that made the playoffs. They had scored 50 points a game then had 36 yards total offense against us. My kind of game.

bobcat1
07-04-2008, 11:11 AM
Best of Luck to the Lions. Hope you go Division II. That would have The 8 Time Champion Bobcats playing Brownwood or Liberty Hill if Celina makes it that far. :D Y'all are lookin' for 8 and we have it. 2 storied programs meeting would be awesome especially after Mr Rotney's comments. I would travel to Timbuktoo to see that game.

I always like someone to run that mouth and then say "Just Kidding". :tisk:Could that be fear I smell?:1omg!: If you got 'em, let 'em swang son! Don't be skeered. :taunt:

Ranger Mom
07-04-2008, 11:22 AM
I would travel to Timbuktoo to see that game.

Hey!! You could have a little meet and greet with I_DONT_CARE!!!!:D :D

BobcatBenny
07-04-2008, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Hey!! You could have a little meet and greet with I_DONT_CARE!!!!:D :D
OK, that was funny, but way too nice. :p

K-MAC Chuck
07-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Overhyped

Eagles...you are a great supporter of the K-MAC Sports/3ADL show and I think you and I think alike..

However, I will totally disagree with you here...

But I will let the actual games tell the story..in the end I (along with a hsot of Rattlers fans) will get the last laugh on this one..

HEMOTOXIC
07-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Sleeper:

Jasper: This team has tons of potential...Watch out Carthage/Diboll.

Rockdale: Scares me that the Tigers are in the same district as the Rattlers and we will have to play them on their field.

Bellville: Not the Bellville of old, but a team that will surprise some folks this season.

Overhyped:

Sealy: Not saying that they aren't good, but may be just a little overhyped. This team will be good this year but I still give them another season before the Tigers really start kicking soom 3A booty again.

Giddings: I wasnt really impressed with the Buffs last season when they were ranked #1. And to think that they lost Fritzhenry and others. This season will be interesting...1. Sealy 2. Bellville 3. Giddings

Brownwood: Will be good if not great but too many people seem to think that they will automatically win the title. Well, lets see what Liberty Hill, Celina, China Spring, Cuero, Navasota, Tatum, WOS, etc...have to say about that. Liberty Hill 34, Brownwood 21.

eagles_victory
07-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
Eagles...you are a great supporter of the K-MAC Sports/3ADL show and I think you and I think alike..

However, I will totally disagree with you here...

But I will let the actual games tell the story..in the end I (along with a hsot of Rattlers fans) will get the last laugh on this one.. I hope I am I never root against kids and I think they are going to be good just not number 2 good but as the old saying goes thats why they play the game.

IHStangFan
07-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
wow - time to resurrect the "teams you want to see lose" thread ??? LOL....you read my mind.

Johnny 5
07-05-2008, 01:41 AM
I know that my post will get lost in the argument . . . oh well.

I think RH is over hyped and will be a sleeper at the same time.

They have their work cut out for them, but I think they will make a bang this year.

I also think that PI is a sleeper. If they D1, they should be making some noise.

bwdlionfan
07-05-2008, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Sleeper:

Jasper: This team has tons of potential...Watch out Carthage/Diboll.

Rockdale: Scares me that the Tigers are in the same district as the Rattlers and we will have to play them on their field.

Bellville: Not the Bellville of old, but a team that will surprise some folks this season.

Overhyped:

Sealy: Not saying that they aren't good, but may be just a little overhyped. This team will be good this year but I still give them another season before the Tigers really start kicking soom 3A booty again.

Giddings: I wasnt really impressed with the Buffs last season when they were ranked #1. And to think that they lost Fritzhenry and others. This season will be interesting...1. Sealy 2. Bellville 3. Giddings

Brownwood: Will be good if not great but too many people seem to think that they will automatically win the title. Well, lets see what Liberty Hill, Celina, China Spring, Cuero, Navasota, Tatum, WOS, etc...have to say about that. Liberty Hill 34, Brownwood 21.

Who is saying Brownwood will win a title?????????????

Old Tiger
07-05-2008, 03:57 AM
this thread is funny yet pathetic
this thead is serious yet not really
this thread sucks.....indeed

zebrablue2
07-05-2008, 07:31 AM
WOW so we are all just suppose to GIVE you (Brownwood) respect? Ummm, no. Why don't you try it first?

Second, don't mess with the mom's on this board.

I would add another comment, but it's my birthday and I don't want to get banned on my birthday!

:clap::2thumbsup:

BILLYFRED0000
07-05-2008, 09:14 AM
you just know that BW has not seen any of the top 3a teams play. Why don't we give them an edumacation. I have a link on the Celina D which you all know is unique.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4081631171919841410&q=source:007179162077672798847&hl=en

Emerson1
07-05-2008, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
you just know that BW has not seen any of the top 3a teams play. Why don't we give them an edumacation. I have a link on the Celina D which you all know is unique.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4081631171919841410&q=source:007179162077672798847&hl=en
Not that unique, basically a 3-4, sometimes 4-4

BILLYFRED0000
07-05-2008, 09:19 AM
Not that unique, basically a 3-4, sometimes 4-4

Now emerson please don't show your ignorance. The 10-1 is based on the 4-3.
But what you see is not what you get. The defensive ends in this scheme stand up a lot of the time. Especially the Bear End.

Emerson1
07-05-2008, 09:48 AM
Now emerson please don't show your ignorance. The 10-1 is based on the 4-3.
But what you see is not what you get. The defensive ends in this scheme stand up a lot of the time. Especially the Bear End.
That is why I said basically :D

BILLYFRED0000
07-05-2008, 10:00 AM
That is why I said basically :D

But you said 3 4. In either scheme the 3 4 is not what this is whether read and react or allow the backers to flow and attack. You always start with a 4 - 3 and fill every gap on every play. With reads of course depending on formation. IN the spread it is still attacking although we do zone occasionally and change the depth of the db's to throw off the patterns..

Necks_Fan
07-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Emerson1-

"Whats up with all the idiots on this board?"

Hm? Lol, and who are you again?

:doh:

JasperDog94
07-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan

:doh: That line was just too good to pass up.;)

BILLYFRED0000
07-05-2008, 11:04 AM
Always nice to get a little fresh insight....

Rocket
07-07-2008, 10:03 AM

I rest my case....

BILLYFRED0000
07-07-2008, 11:20 AM
I rest my case....

So you are basically in agreement with Emerson1. I personally am not. I think BW can win in 3a. But LH will be the team to beat in reg1 this year. You guys have a great qb tho. Looks real good to me. Probably the best qb in 3a this year.

Emerson1
07-07-2008, 11:29 AM
I'm glad everyone still thinks that was a serious statement, just repeating what I have read here before :)

espn1
07-07-2008, 11:37 AM

LMAO!

LionKing
07-07-2008, 01:14 PM
I see Rocket has been keeping his presence known on here.

Rocket
07-07-2008, 03:14 PM

Who am I? I'm the unsilent majority, big mouth...
- Paulie, Rocky IV

BILLYFRED0000
07-07-2008, 04:05 PM
And people think I'm punchy.

Rocky Balboa after a conversation with Pauly.

Rocket
07-07-2008, 04:21 PM
I don't sweat you.
-Paulie, Rocky III

jimmyceatworld
07-07-2008, 06:00 PM
Emerson1-

I hate to be picky, but TCU plays in the Mountain West conference now.

Rocket
07-07-2008, 08:54 PM
Cool, hadn't heard the update. It was just for reference anyways..

Looking4number8
07-07-2008, 09:43 PM

P.S. I have always thought Brownwierd only had 2 good things. Underwoods and The Sportsman Center owned by Peewee Cole.

You are a little behind, the Coles don't own the sportsman center any more, former Brownwood Lion and Texas A&M linebacker Jarred Morris now owns the business.

BobcatBenny
07-07-2008, 11:24 PM
I think all of us idiots here on the 3ADL need to realize that Brownwood beat the eventual State runner-up in 4A-DI last season. :clap:

We just need to ignore the fact that Brownwood also lost to two first round bow outs in 4A DII. :doh:

And .. we also need to ignore the fact that Copperas Cove had a QB that got himself ejected in the 1st Qtr of the Brownwood game. :nerd:

And ... all of us idiots need to forget that Brownwood finished behind then 2A Tatum in the Massey ratings last season. :eek:

But even with that, we need to never forget that Brownwood would have made one hell of a 2A football team last season!!!* :taunt:

*Standard 3ADL Disclaimer: Past performance does not guarantee future results.

jimmyceatworld
07-08-2008, 12:28 AM
Cool, hadn't heard the update. It was just for reference anyways..

I know you were using them just to make a point, but fyi they've been playing in the Mountain West since 2005.

bobcat1
07-08-2008, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by lookingfornumbe
You are a little behind, the Coles don't own the sportsman center any more, former Brownwood Lion and Texas A&M linebacker Jarred Morris now owns the business.
Dang Peewee must have retired to the dogs. Thanks for the update. (Heck he spent more time running dogs anyway)

Rocket
07-08-2008, 08:23 AM
I think all of us idiots here on the 3ADL need to realize that Brownwood beat the eventual State runner-up in 4A-DI last season. :clap:

We just need to ignore the fact that Brownwood also lost to two first round bow outs in 4A DII. :doh:

And .. we also need to ignore the fact that Copperas Cove had a QB that got himself ejected in the 1st Qtr of the Brownwood game. :nerd:

And ... all of us idiots need to forget that Brownwood finished behind then 2A Tatum in the Massey ratings last season. :eek:

But even with that, we need to never forget that Brownwood would have made one hell of a 2A football team last season!!!* :taunt:

Wow are you calling yourself an idiot? If the shoe fits, wear it. Brownwood had some problems last season. All teams go through it every once in a while.

Massey Ratings? LOL. Now you are going to decide the validity of teams based on a rating system? Heck, let's not even play the season, lets just let the preseason polls decide the state championships.

The QB got himself ejected because he got hit so hard it knocked his momma's teeth loose. And when he was in the game, he was ineffective. So what did he do? He had a raging crybaby fit on the field and got ejected. Brownwood had nothing to do with that, right? Either way, they were the number 1 team and we beat them. If you want to pick it apart, go right ahead. I know Celina would have came out of that game a whooped dog, starting QB or not.

Since you like polls, go check out most of the preseason polls that put Brownwood (the good 2A team) above Celina. What a slap in the face to such a fine program such as Celina. LOL. All we had to do is drop and they put us in front of you. We haven't even won a state championship since 1981 and you won one last season. Wow, talk about respect. ;)

Rocket
07-08-2008, 10:14 AM
In addition...
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee281/BwdLion/LongoriaBOOMSGriffin.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee281/BwdLion/DSC_0040.jpg
I think you can imagine what happened after the perfect form tackle wrap-up... He was planted HARD. Griffin didn't like it too much. This was like the 4th time in 2 series it had happened to him. So he got up, went nuts in the official's face, and got himself ejected. Brownwood goes on to win. But most people discount the win because Griffin got ejected early. But I say we got in his head, hurt him, and caused him to get ejected by playing good hard-nosed smashmouth football.

BwdLions
07-08-2008, 10:15 AM

Come on Bwd. people, don't argue with this guy. He's too smart. According to benny, Brownwood would have never beaten Copperas Cove last year because they were a one-man show. He's also comparing Brownwood's 4-A rating last year to a 2-A school. :doh:

BILLYFRED0000
07-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Wow are you calling yourself an idiot? If the shoe fits, wear it. Brownwood had some problems last season. All teams go through it every once in a while.

Massey Ratings? LOL. Now you are going to decide the validity of teams based on a rating system? Heck, let's not even play the season, lets just let the preseason polls decide the state championships.

The QB got himself ejected because he got hit so hard it knocked his momma's teeth loose. And when he was in the game, he was ineffective. So what did he do? He had a raging crybaby fit on the field and got ejected. Brownwood had nothing to do with that, right? Either way, they were the number 1 team and we beat them. If you want to pick it apart, go right ahead. I know Celina would have came out of that game a whooped dog, starting QB or not.

Since you like polls, go check out most of the preseason polls that put Brownwood (the good 2A team) above Celina. What a slap in the face to such a fine program such as Celina. LOL. All we had to do is drop and they put us in front of you. We haven't even won a state championship since 1981 and you won one last season. Wow, talk about respect. ;)

Well we do like massey around here and he did show Celina and LH in the top 15 in the state last year and BW was at 134. Just to let you know how it fell out. CC was at 44.

And Benny is smart. By and large you will find this group to be very football smart. We do not miss by much. I called the LH title game last year 35 14 and it was 38 14. Could not believe that they actually kicked a field goal and messed up my perfect call.

Rocket
07-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Well I can see why you would like Massey then. He must be a 3A homer. Not realistic. But if somebody tickles your ears...

Rocket
07-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Who did Celina PLAY last year that would have given Brownwood trouble? Um, thought so.

BILLYFRED0000
07-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Well I can see why you would like Massey then. He must be a 3A homer. Not realistic. But if somebody tickles your ears...

No he is a nationally known statistician. His numbers have been used in the bcs as well. He is quite accurate by the end of the regular season and the playoffs usually play out where he says they will. There are always exceptions of course.

Katy 16 0 0 2.837 (1) 69.86 (1) 59.28 (4) 32.29 (2) 39.50 (46) 5A
Euless Trinity 15 1 0 2.728 (2) 64.90 (2) 50.81 (22) 35.81 (1) 46.73 (5) 5A
Plano 13 2 0 2.515 (3) 62.28 (4) 54.44 (12) 29.55 (5) 46.70 (6) 5A
Permian 12 1 0 2.505 (4) 61.89 (5) 60.01 (1) 23.59 (36) 42.43 (25) 5A
Arl Bowie 12 2 0 2.443 (5) 62.46 (3) 53.68 (14) 30.49 (3) 43.57 (13) 5A
Southlake Carroll 11 2 0 2.331 (6) 59.03 (6) 59.33 (3) 21.41 (58) 41.65 (34) 5A
Highland Park-Dal 15 1 0 2.300 (7) 57.44 (7) 55.01 (9) 24.14 (29) 36.49 (70) 4A
Liberty Hill 14 0 0 2.265 (8) 55.07 (10) 54.58 (11) 22.20 (50) 27.61 (225) 3A
Abilene 13 2 0 2.254 (9) 54.18 (12) 48.99 (36) 26.90 (14) 42.34 (27) 5A
Skyline 12 2 0 2.238 (10) 55.01 (11) 48.45 (45) 28.27 (6) 36.22 (75) 5A
Pflugerville 12 4 0 2.237 (11) 53.89 (15) 50.14 (27) 25.46 (22) 47.97 (2) 5A
Longview 12 2 0 2.235 (12) 53.43 (17) 48.70 (41) 26.44 (17) 42.67 (21) 5A
Allen 10 1 0 2.232 (13) 53.36 (18) 58.50 (6) 16.58 (143) 42.38 (26) 5A
SA Madison 13 2 0 2.232 (14) 53.28 (19) 50.36 (25) 24.64 (27) 40.52 (41) 5A
Celina 16 0 0 2.231 (15) 54.07 (14) 52.56 (15) 23.22 (41) 23.71 (291) 3A
Smithson Val 12 2 0 2.206 (16) 55.71 (9) 55.17 (8) 22.25 (47) 38.57 (53) 5A
Westfield 10 3 0 2.190 (17) 55.93 (8) 50.66 (23) 26.98 (13) 42.30 (28) 5A
Everman 14 1 0 2.159 (18) 50.83 (24) 48.86 (38) 23.68 (34) 33.65 (137) 4A
North Shore 14 1 0 2.152 (19) 51.70 (21) 51.80 (18) 21.61 (57) 34.07 (124) 5A
Lake Travis 15 1 0 2.144 (20) 48.48 (35) 54.07 (13) 16.12 (159) 34.53 (112) 4A
Stony Point 9 3 0 2.141 (21) 52.05 (20) 56.10 (7) 17.66 (123) 44.30 (10) 5A
Rider 12 2 0 2.132 (22) 53.61 (16) 50.42 (24) 24.90 (24) 34.63 (109) 4A
Stephenville 10 2 0 2.108 (23) 54.11 (13) 54.92 (10) 20.90 (65) 34.75 (104) 4A
South Garland 10 2 0 2.084 (24) 50.31 (29) 47.24 (51) 24.78 (26) 40.73 (40) 5A
Leander 9 4 0 2.083 (25) 50.54 (25) 48.79 (39) 23.46 (37) 47.35 (3) 5A

The top 25 all classifications from last year after the playoffs.

BobcatBenny
07-08-2008, 10:38 AM
... Massey Ratings? LOL. Now you are going to decide the validity of teams based on a rating system? Heck, let's not even play the season, lets just let the preseason polls decide the state championships. ... ;)

Well, let's see, a pre-season poll, verses a rating system attempting to analyze real season statistics. :thinking:

I give little validitity to both, but they do make interesting talking points. So let's continue with past performance indicators.

Did I understand that Brownwood started last season at #10 in preseason poll? Then proceeded to drop out of the polls?

The Copperas Cove QB was dumb enough to get ejected from a game where they must have been doing something right. I wasn't there, but my understanding was CC had a 10-3 lead in the 4th quarter. Then a 10-9 lead.

I think most of us idiots can understand not having a starting QB might have had an affect on the outcome of a game like that.

IMO Brownwood was fortunate to not be 5-5 last season.

Now to preseason.

And even I, the ultimate homer, am generally unwilling to overhype the Bobcats. Unless of course by overhyping them I can get things stirred up a bit. (and I understand that is what your are doing) ;)

If you check my preseason rankings I did not put Celina in the top 10 this preseason. Do I think Celina will climb or fall from there? I expect a climb.

I expect Brownwood to slide. :eek:

Then to look at your wonderful 4A bigger faster better world. Aside from your fortunate gift of a game by the CC QB making a mistake, look at last year's 4A powerhouse McKinney Boyd. They made a nice run in the 4A DI playoffs. Yet they lost to 3A perenial powerhouse Prosper during the regular season. :doh:

And that was not a fluke. :D

BobcatBenny
07-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Who did Celina PLAY last year that would have given Brownwood trouble? ...
Prosper would have embarassed Bwd last season. :eek:

Then, Snyder would have put the Lions below .500 last season.

Now don't even get me started on Whitesboro. :p

footballgal
07-08-2008, 11:05 AM
Overhyped/ Sleeper

District
Maybe Rio Hondo / Port Isabel

Region
Sealy & CC WO / Bandera

BILLYFRED0000
07-08-2008, 11:18 AM
Prosper would have embarassed Bwd last season. :eek:

Then, Snyder would have put the Lions below .500 last season.

Now don't even get me started on Whitesboro. :p

I don't know about Whitesboro. But Frisco now they would have beaten bw. And we held them to 36 yards total offense.... woohoo..... Caleb had his best game in that one.

I just wish we still had Breck coming back to really fluster them.
Just imagine all 5 4 177 pounds of him banging in there on every play.....

Rocket
07-08-2008, 11:29 AM
Well, let's see, a pre-season poll, verses a rating system attempting to analyze real season statistics. :thinking:

I give little validitity to both, but they do make interesting talking points. So let's continue with past performance indicators.

Did I understand that Brownwood started last season at #10 in preseason poll? Then proceeded to drop out of the polls?

The Copperas Cove QB was dumb enough to get ejected from a game where they must have been doing something right. I wasn't there, but my understanding was CC had a 10-3 lead in the 4th quarter. Then a 10-9 lead.

I think most of us idiots can understand not having a starting QB might have had an affect on the outcome of a game like that.

IMO Brownwood was fortunate to not be 5-5 last season.

Now to preseason.

And even I, the ultimate homer, am generally unwilling to overhype the Bobcats. Unless of course by overhyping them I can get things stirred up a bit. (and I understand that is what your are doing) ;)

If you check my preseason rankings I did not put Celina in the top 10 this preseason. Do I think Celina will climb or fall from there? I expect a climb.

I expect Brownwood to slide. :eek:

Then to look at your wonderful 4A bigger faster better world. Aside from your fortunate gift of a game by the CC QB making a mistake, look at last year's 4A powerhouse McKinney Boyd. They made a nice run in the 4A DI playoffs. Yet they lost to 3A perenial powerhouse Prosper during the regular season. :doh:

And that was not a fluke. :D

Last season, for us, was a fluke. :D We usually get better. Had alot of issues within the team last season. You may know a little about football, but you know very little about Brownwood. I don't expect you to. Prosper? Give me a break. Any team you beat last season was a winnable game for Brownwood, including Celina. That is the cold hard fact you can't seem to grasp. Playing pre-district games against not-so-good 4A teams to overhype your ability to hang with a 4A district is typical of you 3A's. The same with 4A's in respect to playing pre-district 5A's, which we have done time and time again.

We made a nice run in the 4A Playoffs (Quarterfinals) in 2006. And we still have the same QB and FS that started those games. Also have 6 returning starters on Offense that beat Abilene Wylie (Semifinals) and Sweetwater (Playoff team) last season. I am tired of 3A's comparing us to 4A's that they wouldn't even step on the field with.

Again,
We COULD have beaten any 3A last season. We had the talent. Now would we have? Alot of factors affected last season's team. THIS SEASON we can hang with the best 3A has and we have the talent to win it all. This was not necessarily true last season. Now if you want to argue with this, you add tot he fact that you are an idiot.

:D

LH Panther Mom
07-08-2008, 11:40 AM
Playing pre-district games against not-so-good 4A teams to overhype your ability to hang with a 4A district is typical of you 3A's. Just a mild point I'd like to make. The "not-so-good" (YOUR words, not mine) 4A team, Burnet, lost quite handily to us last season, 35-17, I believe. What was the Brownwood/Burnet score??? 12-9? Is that right? Things that make you go "hmmmm". :thinking: :thinking:

LH Panther Mom
07-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Oh, and to (finally) post on topic...

Sleeper: Rockdale - they showed vast improvement last season and hit their stride at a good time in the year. Even though the overall record may not reflect their success, sometimes it just takes that one game to change the team mentality.

RedWhiteBlue
07-08-2008, 11:55 AM
Last season, for us, was a fluke. :D We usually get better. Had alot of issues within the team last season. You may know a little about football, but you know very little about Brownwood. I don't expect you to. Prosper? Give me a break. Any team you beat last season was a winnable game for Brownwood, including Celina. That is the cold hard fact you can't seem to grasp. Playing pre-district games against not-so-good 4A teams to overhype your ability to hang with a 4A district is typical of you 3A's. The same with 4A's in respect to playing pre-district 5A's, which we have done time and time again.

We made a nice run in the 4A Playoffs (Quarterfinals) in 2006. And we still have the same QB and FS that started those games. Also have 6 returning starters on Offense that beat Abilene Wylie (Semifinals) and Sweetwater (Playoff team) last season. I am tired of 3A's comparing us to 4A's that they wouldn't even step on the field with.

Again,
We COULD have beaten any 3A last season. We had the talent. Now would we have? Alot of factors affected last season's team. THIS SEASON we can hang with the best 3A has and we have the talent to win it all. This was not necessarily true last season. Now if you want to argue with this, you add tot he fact that you are an idiot.

Oh my, this guy makes the guys from Snyder and KTA look like Eagle Scouts!! Where do these people come from?? That is freakin' hilarious!!!!:clap: :clap:

Ranger Mom
07-08-2008, 11:56 AM
Oh my, this guy makes the guys from Snyder and KTA look like Eagle Scouts!! Where do these people come from?? That is freakin' hilarious!!!!:clap: :clap:

:eek: :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

BobcatBenny
07-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Oh, and to (finally) post on topic...

We've been on topic, just the "Overhyped" part of the topic. :D

LH Panther Mom
07-08-2008, 12:04 PM
We've been on topic, just the "Overhyped" part of the topic. :D
I hadn't been... :p Or maybe I had.. :thinking:

DaHop72
07-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Oh my, this guy makes the guys from Snyder and KTA look like Eagle Scouts!! Where do these people come from?? That is freakin' hilarious!!!!:clap: :clap: Now wait a minute. There are "certain" posters from Snyder we have to claim, but KTA is one of "yours".:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

:kiss: :kiss:

garciap77
07-08-2008, 12:13 PM
Last season, for us, was a fluke. :D .................................................. .................................................. ................................ Playing pre-district games against not-so-good 4A teams to overhype your ability to hang with a 4A district is typical of you 3A's. .................................................. .................................................. ......

Wylie vs Brownwood?:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: You got that right, "no-so-good 4A teams"!:p

RedWhiteBlue
07-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Now wait a minute. There are "certain" posters from Snyder we have to claim, but KTA is one of "yours".:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

:kiss: :kiss:
We all have our black sheep.........
It looks like some towns have more than their share (ifin' you know what I mean!!!):kiss: :p

BILLYFRED0000
07-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Aw benny is ok in my book. I would not even call him a black sheep. Maybe brown with some black spots.....

DaHop72
07-08-2008, 02:28 PM
We all have our black sheep.........
It looks like some towns have more than their share (ifin' you know what I mean!!!):kiss: :p I agree, more numbers more chances of a black sheep. Now just how many chances are there coming from Graham???:devil: :devil:

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-08-2008, 02:33 PM

Again,

I don't think Brownwood even makles the playoffs in our district last year!

BILLYFRED0000
07-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2

Now that you mention it, I think they would have finished third in ours. Probably would have beaten Prosper for the third spot.

RedWhiteBlue
07-08-2008, 02:36 PM
I agree, more numbers more chances of a black sheep. Now just how many chances are there coming from Graham???:devil: :devil:
Looks like its just little ole me for now...... Baaaahhhhhhhh
:kiss:

RedWhiteBlue
07-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Aw benny is ok in my book. I would not even call him a black sheep. Maybe brown with some black spots.....
Isn't that a beagle?:confused:

RedWhiteBlue
07-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Hey, Z! Cute picture. Good luck this season and I can't believe we aren't playing pre-district?!

DaHop72
07-08-2008, 02:42 PM
Looks like its just little ole me for now...... Baaaahhhhhhhh
:kiss: Maybe you need to get the assistant principal at the jr. high to join.:devil:

BobcatBenny
07-08-2008, 02:44 PM
Dude! Have you been snooping in my underwear drawer? :ack!:

RedWhiteBlue
07-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Maybe you need to get the assistant principal at the jr. high to join.:devil:
Nah, I heard he is a real outspoken hothead- got it from some old guy he grew up around.:inlove: Can't have that here on the DL... what are you thinking??:eek:

Rocket
07-08-2008, 03:04 PM
:clap:

All in fun...

lion75
07-08-2008, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
I hate to be picky, but TCU plays in the Mountain West conference now. and they have a 5-1 record in their last 6 games vs. the BIG 12, including a win at OU and a win over Texas Tech in which they held that offense to 3 points. However, they did get handled by UT.

BwdLions
07-08-2008, 03:27 PM

:hand: Stop, you're killing us being so mean.

BwdLions
07-08-2008, 03:28 PM
Now that you mention it, I think they would have finished third in ours. Probably would have beaten Prosper for the third spot.

:lies:

orange machine
07-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Brownwood should make the playoffs, but my predictions is they make 2 maybe 3 rounds and done.

Rocket
07-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Just a mild point I'd like to make. The "not-so-good" (YOUR words, not mine) 4A team, Burnet, lost quite handily to us last season, 35-17, I believe. What was the Brownwood/Burnet score??? 12-9? Is that right? Things that make you go "hmmmm". :thinking: :thinking:

More genius logic... If this team beats this team by this much, then that team should beat this team. Wrong. Nice try though.

:rolleyes:

Also, Burnet would have been destroyed in our district last season and so would have Liberty Hill. Sad, but true...

orange machine
07-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
:lies:

I would say thats accurate. Bwood and Wakeland would have been a tight game.

BILLYFRED0000
07-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by orange machine

Yeah but I think Wakeland played pretty good defense and would have won in a squeaker. But it would be close. After all only two other teams held us to lower point totals than Wakeland did. And when you consider that we held them to 36 yards of O we did have some chances. We only scored 36 points on them and had the ball a lot.

BwdLions
07-08-2008, 03:39 PM

If that is true then Wakeland would have beaten Celina?

BILLYFRED0000
07-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
If that is true then Wakeland would have beaten Celina?
Wakeland turned in 1400 last year. 4a size.
Naw I think Wakeland played pretty good defense and would have won in a squeaker against BW. But it would be close. After all only two other teams held us to lower point totals than Wakeland did. And when you consider that we held them to 36 yards of O we did have some chances. We only scored 36 points on them and had the ball a lot.

orange machine
07-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Yeah, but we pounded the ball and ate the clock up somethig we are great at. Spread teams dont far well against us because we pound the ball and most teams cant stop it or the clock.

BILLYFRED0000
07-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Well that and we put the second team out there midway thru the third. Wakeland's d was the only one we did not move on second string as well as we normally do. Not a bad d. Of course they still did not move on our second team d. Great d.

orange machine
07-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Thats true. Did Caleb have his surgery yet?

espn1
07-08-2008, 03:54 PM
More genius logic... If this team beats this team by this much, then that team should beat this team. Wrong. Nice try though.

Also, Burnet would have been destroyed in our district last season and so would have Liberty Hill. Sad, but true... Burnet is going through the same thing that Liberty Hill will soon go through. A Coaching change. Last years calls absolutely sucked. I heard we're running a little different offense this year. That's not true about Liberty Hill they could have beaten a lot of teams. Last year Burnet played one of their worst games of the season against Liberty Hill and they were still ahead at halftime. Burnet has the team and speed to do well this year it's going to boil down to the Coaching. If Shipley and McGee would have still been playing they would have beaten LH by 40. I feel like we might take over ownership of LH this season.:D :D :D

Rocket
07-08-2008, 04:00 PM
So Celina is run oriented? Love that. I love the wishbone offense and pounding the defense into submission. I bet I would enjoy watching Celina play.

cshscougar08
07-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Also, Burnet would have been destroyed in our district last season and so would have Liberty Hill. Sad, but true...

Liberty Hill? Destroyed in 16-4A?!?! What a joke!!!!! You're crazy.

LH Panther Mom
07-08-2008, 04:12 PM

Keep up here. I never once said we would've beat Brownwood last season. My mild point was your use of "not-so-good 4A teams" that us measly 3A teams are scheduling, and the awesome 4A team that barely handled them. :p

BILLYFRED0000
07-08-2008, 04:18 PM
So Celina is run oriented? Love that. I love the wishbone offense and pounding the defense into submission. I bet I would enjoy watching Celina play.

We actually pass about 30 percent of the time and do break long pass plays. Last year we had 5000 yards rushing and 1800 passing.

BILLYFRED0000
07-08-2008, 04:20 PM
Thats true. Did Caleb have his surgery yet?
Dont know but I hope so. Needs recovery time. Still hard to believe he played the way he did on that injury. Kids somethin. Course a bunch of those guys are the same. Heart seems to only come in one size for those guys XXXL.

espn1
07-08-2008, 04:20 PM
We actually pass about 30 percent of the time and do break long pass plays. Last year we had 5000 yards rushing and 1800 passing. It's actually closer to 40%. 36% to be exact.

BILLYFRED0000
07-08-2008, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by espn1
It's actually closer to 40%. 36% to be exact.

That would be in yards gained. But in plays run it is about 30 percent.

waterboy
07-08-2008, 04:59 PM

Man, you really don't have a clue, do you? There is NO WAY Brownwood could have beat Liberty Hill last year! IMO, LH probably could have won it all in 4A. What I'm saying may be sad for you, but true nonetheless. I think you'll find out what everyone on here already knows when y'all meet up this fall.:taunt: :stirpot: :D