PDA

View Full Version : Traffic Ticket!!!

Ranger Mom
07-01-2008, 02:18 PM
My boss just called and said he got a ticket for, "improper use of the center lane"....what the heck is that???

He was pissy, so I didn't talk to him very long, so I wasn't real sure what he did!!!

jason
07-01-2008, 02:20 PM
he probably used the center lane improperly

BreckTxLonghorn
07-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
My boss just called and said he got a ticket for, "improper use of the center lane"....what the heck is that???

He was pissy, so I didn't talk to him very long, so I wasn't real sure what he did!!!

Driving to pass instead of turning, or when turning left onto a street, using the center lane to merge instead turning into one of the right lines.

Simple things that many do, and only few get busted when the cops feel its right.

Ranger Mom
07-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by jason
he probably used the center lane improperly

I had pictured the "scenario" all wrong. I thought he meant he was in the center lane of a street that had 3 lanes running in the same direction.

He was on a street that had 2 lanes of traffic coming from each direction....and then a center lane. He pulled into that center lane from a parking space and then couldn't get over so he proceeded to drive down that "TURNING lane" for several blocks!!

Now it all makes perfect sense!!

It's not very often I get to call my boss an "idjit" and get away with it!!:D :D :D

zebrablue2
07-01-2008, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

happens in bellville all the time...

Old Dog
07-01-2008, 11:39 PM
Federal highway manual calls "them" continious left turn lanes; not designed for acceleration or merging. If you ever had an accident involving a vehicle attempting to turn and one that was trying to enter traffic, the one entering traffic "should" be cited.