PDA

View Full Version : WALL-E

piratebg
06-30-2008, 12:07 PM
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd22/CHBBIHAG_2000/WALL-E.jpg

What a great movie this was. I took my kids to go see it Friday night and it kept my kids still for the entire run time. If you haven't seen it yet and you love the Pixar films, this is one will take your breath away.

BobcatBenny
06-30-2008, 12:34 PM
I saw it, and could barely stay awake. Of course I don't have rug rats, but I caught my wife sleeping several times. Snooze.

piratebg
06-30-2008, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I saw it, and could barely stay awake. Of course I don't have rug rats, but I caught my wife sleeping several times. Snooze.

Really? Wow. I don't see how anyone would. The animation is top notch. The story was fun and the comedy, mainly site gags and physical comedy were right on. WALL-E himself was such a cool and curious character too. I just don't see how anyone couldn't like this movie. Oh well.

Saturday I had to go out and buy WALL-E bed sets, posters, and beach towels for the kids because they just love him. Plus I bought some blue paint for their walls. :D

piratebg
06-30-2008, 12:54 PM
Oh yeah, and the Pixar short before the movie was just down right hilarious. ;)

Ranger Mom
06-30-2008, 01:07 PM

It's cause they didn't mention Celina in it......huh???:D :thinking: :kiss:

waterboy
06-30-2008, 01:12 PM
Yeah, that looks like a good kid movie. I'm just a grown-up kid, anyway. I enjoy watching these type movies with my daughters (ages almost 8 and just turned 11). I usually wait until they come out on video, though, because they can't stay still at the movies, which makes it hard to enjoy it. Besides, they're not into going to the movies that much. They do like to watch them with Daddy on the big screen at home. It's better than the whole movie scene to me, too. The popcorn and soda is cheaper, too!:D I'll definitely invest te $13.99 when it comes out on video, though.

piratebg
06-30-2008, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Yeah, that looks like a good kid movie. I'm just a grown-up kid, anyway. I enjoy watching these type movies with my daughters (ages almost 8 and just turned 11). I usually wait until they come out on video, though, because they can't stay still at the movies, which makes it hard to enjoy it. Besides, they're not into going to the movies that much. They do like to watch them with Daddy on the big screen at home. It's better than the whole movie scene to me, too. The popcorn and soda is cheaper, too!:D I'll definitely invest te $13.99 when it comes out on video, though.

I'm like you for the most part. The only time I really ever do go to the movies is during the summer and most of them are animated films. The whole movie going experience is something my kids love but with 3 kids it adds up real fast. This summer we've been a lot more active then usual though. We've seen Indiana Jones, Kung ** Panda, and WALL-E so far.

RiverRat19
06-30-2008, 01:16 PM
My family and I went Friday night and saw it and we just loved it! My 8yr old and 2yr old both laughed at it and loved the action as well. My wife and I loved the characters and the detail... Pixar movies are as sure as the day is long to be good! Not a bad one yet and they keep getting better and better. And like someone else had said the short before the movie was too funny!

I remember seeing Toy Story and thinking how great it was, but every one since just seems to top the one before it. Go see it!

BobcatBenny
06-30-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Oh yeah, and the Pixar short before the movie was just down right hilarious. ;)
Agreed. the short was great. To me WALL-E the movie was a snoozer. Animation top notch, true.

I can understand how the kids might like it though. Sort of how the kids liked Yoda and the Ewoks. WALL-E the character was cute.

And ... a few mentions of Celina would have helped the movie.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-30-2008, 03:11 PM
I really liked the movie, it was awesome and it would be hard to choose between which was better between it and Ratatouille.

BILLYFRED0000
06-30-2008, 03:24 PM
I think it was pretty good. Course we went to the studio movie grill and that is always a good way to see the movie. Kids loved it.

And that was imho the best short they have put out yet.

DU_stud04
06-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I really liked the movie, it was awesome and it would be hard to choose between which was better between it and Ratatouille. i love ratatouille:) i got it for my nephew..... i think i saw it about 7-8 times before i even watched it with him hahaha

garciap77
06-30-2008, 04:07 PM
Agreed. the short was great. To me WALL-E the movie was a snoozer. Animation top notch, true.

I can understand how the kids might like it though. Sort of how the kids liked Yoda and the Ewoks. WALL-E the character was cute.

And ... a few mentions of Celina would have helped the movie.
Snooze.
:D ;)

carter08
06-30-2008, 04:37 PM
I'll probably go see it again. Just cause.

Emerson1
07-10-2008, 05:23 PM
Saw it today and liked it, right up there with Monsters Inc and Finding Nemo

JasperDog94
07-10-2008, 06:46 PM
I'm taking my 4 year old daughter to see it tomorrow. She's super excited.:)

pirate4state
07-11-2008, 01:14 AM
I went to the movies tonight hoping to watch Sex and the City but even though it was LISTED, they didn't run it! :mad:

So, I watched Wall-E instead. It was a very cute movie! :2thumbsup The best for me was NO KIDS in the theatre, but I did have to put up with Mr. & Mrs. Whispers sitting behind me. :rolleyes: At one point, they were singing along with the movie! :doh: