PDA

View Full Version : Ferris Football

football_fanatic
05-14-2002, 09:03 AM
How does the Ferris yellowjacket football team look fr next year. Are they going to be better than last year. Do they have a chance against Forney, WIlmer, Crandall?

kaorder1999
05-14-2002, 09:15 AM
Ferris has a football team? Just playing...I have no idea what they are going to look like...Jacket2000 would be the person to ask. I think he knows a little about those teams out that way! That is a tough district for them to be in though!

Jacket2000
05-14-2002, 12:45 PM
Yeah, I like to think that I know a little bit about the Ferris program.
Ferris is a team that is on the bubble, in my opinion. After back to back winning seasons, after years of being the doormat, they have the potetnial to become a winning program. Overcoming mental hurdles, especially with long-time district foe Forney, should be their number 1 goal. As usuall, they'll be loaded at the skill positions and lacking on the lines. But, from what I hear, the upcoming JV team is loaded. I look for there to be a dogfight for the last 2 playoff spots between Ferris, Hutch, and Crandal. I wouldnt be shocked to see Ferris get the 2nd or 3rd spot.
J2K

[This message has been edited by Jacket2000 (edited May 14, 2002).]

Matthew328
05-14-2002, 08:34 PM
I think Ferris is gonna battle it out with Crandall for the last spot..I like Hutch to win it and Forney to take second...after that it'll be between Crandall and Feris...and don't count out Kaufman after a bad year...they could be much improved..

playpepper
05-15-2002, 10:05 AM
Ferris will have its hands full in the new district. There is a stigma between Ferris and either Crandall or Forney that goes beyond the talent on the field. Forney will again win district, Crandall will take second, and Ferris-Kaufman-Wilmer battling for third. Do not believe that Wilmer will have as good a team next year as they did this year Matthew. Wilmer will always have a good team from time to time (state champ '90) but for the most part they are no factor.

Jacket2000
05-15-2002, 10:35 AM
I think Ferris takes Crandal this year. The last two years that they were district mates, Ferris came very close to beating them; and has looked impressive against Crandal in scrimmages the past two seasons. I also agree that Hutch isnt much of a factor. Matt seems to have a thing with them and I cant talk any sense into him. LOL
J2K

Matthew328
05-17-2002, 08:54 AM
LOL I am tellin you guys watch out for Hutch...they did lose their QB and Running back but other than that they have about everyone else back...should I remind everyone of last year in Rd 2 of the playoffs vs Crandall?? 28-0 I went to that game and it wasn't even that close...it was a mismatch...I dunno every year I pick em to go far and Jacket picks em to lose in Rd 1 and we always meet somewhere in the middle..LOL

Jacket2000
05-17-2002, 11:54 AM
Well,Matt,Im about to shock ya. Im gonna make a prediction right now. If Hutch, or anyone else out of this district, makes it to the playoffs, they'll go at least two rounds deep. How ya like that?!
J2K