PDA

View Full Version : HORRIBLE timing

charlesrixey
06-30-2008, 07:51 AM
i made flight plans for my leave to Texas in March

little did i realize that by flying in on 13 July, i am going to miss the 7-7 State Championship!

i could've sworn it was later in the year--and i was really excited to finally get to see two days of greatness!:(

3afan
06-30-2008, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
... 7-7 State Championship!

remember --- its practice!

GreenMonster
06-30-2008, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
i was really excited to finally get to see two days of greatness!:( You would have been REALLY REALLY disappointed. There is no such thing as greatness in 7-on-7. In reality it's a bunch of kids running around aimlessly playing touch football. No slobber-knockers, no snot bubbles, not even a rush on the QB. 7-on-7 is SOFT!

charlesrixey
06-30-2008, 11:43 AM
yes, i know i know

but, i've always wanted to see it, plus you can catch small glimpses of some of the fall's best players, all at one place two months before the season starts

for diehards, it's a dream

it doesn't hurt that my team has won it twice!

BILLYFRED0000
06-30-2008, 03:05 PM
Dont let them fool ya rix. It is fun to watch a tourney. Got stuff going on in all directions and it is fast and furious. It definetly gets you a glimpse of your qb and his ability to hit tight spots and you get to see if you can cover. You can't do what we do in the real season and swamp the qb. You play cover football and the guys that cover best usually win. It comes down to defensive stops cause the qb has time and no pressure. I think it is a great format to develop the db.