PDA

View Full Version : Can someone get us some info on the Liberty/Kirbyville scrimmage?

Old Cardinal
08-25-2003, 05:21 PM
Inquiring minds would like to know!....I would just guess that those two had a good scrimmage.

duckbutter
08-26-2003, 09:19 AM
I heard that Kirbyville put it on Liberty pretty good.

Compudyne
08-26-2003, 09:27 AM
The information I received was Kirbyville 3-0. I heard it was 2-0 in the controlled scrimmage and 1-0 in the game situation. The Kirbyville Defense was pretty tough throughout the whole night. Liberty had a hard time moving the ball. The Liberty Defense was also tough. They say they have two really good linebackers that make a lot of plays.

duckbutter
08-26-2003, 09:35 AM
I saw Kirbyville scrimmage Hemphill and was impressed with Kirbyville's defense, quick and aggressive. Kirbyville could make things interesting this year.

Compudyne
08-26-2003, 09:47 AM
I will try to find out more information. I am not exactly Sphinx 1906. That guy must have a connection in every town in Southeast Texas

Jason1725
08-26-2003, 10:15 AM
Yeah it was a pretty good defensive game if that's what you like. Kirbyville has a pretty good defense and I think they will make things interesting this year. I have some pictures of the scrimmage if someone can tell me how I can post them here.

Old Cardinal
08-26-2003, 11:13 AM
Will inquiring minds now know! Thanks.....I heard that Hardin Jefferson did not get slam-dunked by Nederland two weeks ago. They returned just about everyone, and evidently have made a turn-a-round.

Matthew328
08-26-2003, 11:59 AM
Hmmmm someone was bashing me earlier in the year for touting Kirbyville..do I need to name names???? wink

sphinx1906
08-26-2003, 12:50 PM
I didn't see any of the Liberty/ Kville scrimmage but I have seen the kville kids alot in the past few years. They have some good talent coming up, especially the soph. class. Their coach (Alvarez) is trying to turn them around into the Kville of the mid 80's. There is no golden boy like Shelby Shaw there but they will do well this year. Hey comp and Duck, will I see you this weekend in crockett? Chef Meaty79 is cooking Bulldog burgers after the game, and as much as Newton is going to be hitting them in the mouth they ought to be awfully tender. c-ya at the game.

duckbutter
08-26-2003, 01:42 PM
I'll be on a hunting trip and won't make it to Crockett but I will be on the phone finding out the results. I'll be back just in time to see Hempstead get pounded. I wonder if big meaty79 plays on the OL? Think we ought to warn him about #48 or just let him find out on his own?

Compudyne
08-26-2003, 01:51 PM
Sphinx, I am either going to watch Jasper/PNG or Kirbyville/San Augustine. Crockett is too far to drive for a scrimmage when there are real games close by.