PDA

View Full Version : Bellville 7 on 7

KL3
06-29-2008, 02:40 PM
Anybody have any info on Bellville this summer. I saw on another thread that they have a full squad out for the team. Have they been playing in tournaments?

GreenMonster
06-29-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Anybody have any info on Bellville this summer. I saw on another thread that they have a full squad out for the team. Have they been playing in tournaments? Yeah, they are terrible. Got beat by Brenham's freshman team by 6 or 7 TD's. They may have a full squad, but a full squad of crap is still crap. The coaches knew that they were terrible so they only scheduled jr hi teams and a few freshman squads in an attempt to give the kids some confidence, so no tournaments this year. :devil:

Bull's-eye
06-29-2008, 04:12 PM
I guess they better be a running team this season. :D

rancher
06-29-2008, 04:53 PM
Sounds like it is starting to be a long season again for Huey. The Bulls downfall will be lack of a QB. What happen to the Kennedy kid, when he was a freshman, the team went 10-0.

The Ravens
06-29-2008, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Yeah, they are terrible. Got beat by Brenham's freshman team by 6 or 7 TD's. They may have a full squad, but a full squad of crap is still crap. The coaches knew that they were terrible so they only scheduled jr hi teams and a few freshman squads in an attempt to give the kids some confidence, so no tournaments this year. :devil:

Ducks on the pond:D

Bull's-eye
06-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by rancher
Sounds like it is starting to be a long season again for Huey.

GreenMonster was just kidding, Bellville is not playing Jr. high teams. :doh:

Gators17
06-30-2008, 12:47 AM
Sounds like it is starting to be a long season again for Huey. The Bulls downfall will be lack of a QB. What happen to the Kennedy kid, when he was a freshman, the team went 10-0.

When Tallerine was the freshman QB the team went 10-0. Seems like Bellville faithful, aren't so faithful..

Bulligator
06-30-2008, 03:59 PM
Everyone can keep downplaying the quality of athletes on the Bellville football team all they want. They are fat, slow, small, weak and couldn't catch a cold or fight their way out of a wet paper bag. Huey has his house for sale and the other coaches are bailing out. The cheerleaders have resigned and the band is down to a tuba quartet. Heard they were also turning the football field into a rodeo arena and the baseball field into a dirt track. They just tore down the weight room to make room for the new Agriculture / Auto Tech building. Looks like they will be chasing pigs and swapping engines.

Thanks for your lack of interest in the Brahmas.

I think we need to wait and check their record in November and see how bad they really were! :D

Old Tiger
06-30-2008, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Bulligator
Everyone can keep downplaying the quality of athletes on the Bellville football team all they want. They are fat, slow, small, weak and couldn't catch a cold or fight their way out of a wet paper bag. Huey has his house for sale and the other coaches are bailing out. The cheerleaders have resigned and the band is down to a tuba quartet. Heard they were also turning the football field into a rodeo arena and the baseball field into a dirt track. They just tore down the weight room to make room for the new Agriculture / Auto Tech building. Looks like they will be chasing pigs and swapping engines.

I think we need to wait and check their record in November and see how bad they really were! :D we all know their line has t-rex arms and their fastest skill guy is a 4.9

garciap77
06-30-2008, 04:05 PM

I think we need to wait and check their record in November and see how bad they really were! :D

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Bull's-eye
06-30-2008, 04:21 PM
With things that bad in Bellville, I'll have to find a new team. :eek: :eek: :eek:

LH Panther Mom
06-30-2008, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
With things that bad in Bellville, I'll have to find a new team. :eek: :eek: :eek:
Well, I was going to suggest Jasper, but since they have slow, weak, t-rex arms players too, it'll have to be someone else!

rancher
06-30-2008, 07:53 PM
Sounds to me like Bellville and Smithville with be fighting it out for the last place in the district race. Hate to hear the wheels are coming off the wagon for the Bulls.

maestro
06-30-2008, 08:19 PM
bellville WILL COMPETE.....

so don't get your hopes up too much....

i know that most of you are just getting bellville fired up.....in june...

so congrats....

as they say....TRADITION never graduates....

i do feel that columbus and sealy will give bellville all that they want and more....

The Ravens
06-30-2008, 09:49 PM
I must be old-fashioned but whatever happened to cheering for the high school you went to? Do people actually jump on the bandwagon of another high school's football team just because they are having a great year and claim to be a fan? :confused:

pirate4state
06-30-2008, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by The Ravens
I must be old-fashioned but whatever happened to cheering for the high school you went to? Do people actually jump on the bandwagon of another high school's football team just because they are having a great year and claim to be a fan? :confused: Or they just move to a championship town and start claiming victories & success from past years as their own.

LH Panther Mom
06-30-2008, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Or they just move to a championship town and start claiming victories & success from past years as their own. :eek: :eek: :eek: That happens?

Bull's-eye
06-30-2008, 10:11 PM
I'm going to check out Stafford, Needville, Brookshire Royal & Sealy. With the high gas prices & the "wheels coming off in Bellville", I'm looking for a team closer to Sugar Land.

zebrablue2
06-30-2008, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I'm going to check out Stafford, Needville, Brookshire Royal & Sealy. With the high gas prices & the "wheels coming off in Bellville", I'm looking for a team closer to Sugar Land.

don't you worry about the brahmas. they will give giddings and sealy all they want, and then some this year. this will be the best team bellville has had on the field since 2004. believe me, they will be back in the playoffs in 2008, and possibly win the district to boot.

ProudHornetMom
07-01-2008, 12:08 AM

:clap: :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup:

Gators17
07-01-2008, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
we all know their line has t-rex arms and their fastest skill guy is a 4.9

Well to be technical, our line has a guy named Stephen Babin who's 6'5 and usually that kind of height doesn't come with "t-rex arms".
Also, our fastest skill kid is faster than a 4.9. Believe it or not, we have a center who runs a 4.7.
Oh and about the skill position, Garrett Nunn was timed at a 4.5 and is getting letters from countless D-1 schools. Before you start bashing teams and players, make sure you're facts are straight. ;)

Oh, and you can also find all of this information in your bible a.k.a Dave Cambell's magazine.

Bull's-eye
07-01-2008, 11:17 AM
If this team stays together, they should have an excellant year. Bellville is flying under the radar, remember they defeated Sealy 35-7 and everybody is very high on the Tigers. Injuries and an unusual number of players quitting, really decimated last year's team. They also played in a tough district with the likes of Giddings & Navasota. I'm hoping for an exciting and fun season, I was just being sarcastic after reading some of the other posts.

The Ravens
07-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Ok, then I am just going to pick a team...
GO Bellville! They are going all the way this year! :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

rancher
07-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Still no QB who can throw and run. The line play will be suspect, must improve drastically over what I saw last year. Will be strong in the running game but can be stopped. Have yet to see or read of Garrett Nunn being on anyone's list as a D-1 player. Someone must be dreaming the times and evaluations of the players it is not there.

Bulligator
07-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Rancher,

You must be living in the Pessimist Country Club in Cat Spring. You need to come over to the east side of Austin County to Cochran and the Optimist Club. The football talk is a lot rosier over here after a few beers. I bet you are probably a little closer to Sealy.

Bellville did do quite well in the Navasota 7 on 7 league. They didn't win all their games, but looked pretty good overall. I'll agree that the quarterback situation needs to be firmed up, but we've got a sophomore that looked pretty good this summer.

Gators17
07-01-2008, 06:01 PM
Still no QB who can throw and run. The line play will be suspect, must improve drastically over what I saw last year. Will be strong in the running game but can be stopped. Have yet to see or read of Garrett Nunn being on anyone's list as a D-1 player. Someone must be dreaming the times and evaluations of the players it is not there.

I'll admit joe isn't the best QB in the state, but he's also not the worst. I know for a fact that he's being looked at by D-1 schools. Everyday in athletics during spring training there was a different scout from a different D-1 school. He would also walk into math class with 3 or 4 letters at a time and show me what they read. And I assure you, that wasn't a dream.

Gators17
07-01-2008, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Gators17
I'll admit joe isn't the best QB in the state, but he's also not the worst. I know for a fact that he's being looked at by D-1 schools. Everyday in athletics during spring training there was a different scout from a different D-1 school. He would also walk into math class with 3 or 4 letters at a time and show me what they read. And I assure you, that wasn't a dream.

The second part of that post, the part about scouts and letters is about Garrett Nunn.

Old Tiger
07-01-2008, 06:34 PM
bellville's only hope is for the visiting teams bus to take a wrong turn and not show up

The Ravens
07-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
bellville's only hope is for the visiting teams bus to take a wrong turn and not show up

LMAO! :D :D

ProudHornetMom
07-01-2008, 07:11 PM
Have yet to see or read of Garrett Nunn being on anyone's list as a D-1 player. Someone must be dreaming the times and evaluations of the players it is not there.

There are very few 3A players in D1 any given year. I don't think that's a valid reason to dismiss or disrespect a good player or team. Bellville had one mediocre year in the last how many years? No need for a doom and gloom forcast yet. Wait till some football has been played.

If all the boasting is based on DCTF rankings that were supposedly done last February, it's not an absolute. It's a February forecast without all the August variables...move outs, move ins, off season program strengths, individual growth and strength, coaching changes, legal issues, grades, etc., etc., etc.

There are very few perfect teams in 3A but any given day there are many players and coaches who have the grit to play in spite of doom and gloom pre-season nay-sayers. I'm glad I'm don't know many people who will so easily give up on a team before the season has even started.

Sorry for the rant. Must have hit a nerve. I'm not always a Bellville fan especially when we're opponents and I hate beyond hate to lose to them...but all in all....they are a respected team with a tradition of winning with or without D1 listed players.

Slinking back to my corner.

j_dog
07-01-2008, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Well, I was going to suggest Jasper, but since they have slow, weak, t-rex arms players too, it'll have to be someone else!
they are even slower this year. but they are smaller so that kind of makes up for the lack of speed. :(

rancher
07-01-2008, 08:44 PM
You have to admit that the beer at the Cat Spring Country Club is the coldest in Austin County. Getting back to football, I will have to give Huey a lot of credit for stepping up to the plate and playing 1st class competition. I cannot say the same for Jimmy Mitchell in Sealy, he has a cup cake or record padding schedule. My school taxes goes to Bellville and both sons played for Huey. He runs a very good program and is a good coach. However, you must call or grade it like it is. QB-F, no one can throw or run. OL-C-, physically weak, no speed or over powering size. RB-A+, a great stable of backs, WR-C, no game breaker speed, will not make the tough catch. DL-B, fair quickness, but lack of size and pass rush. LB-A, I like the young backers good speed, but must avoid the mistakes of last year. DB-D they could not cover a blind man, gave up way to many big play in key situations. I wish I knew who was the time keeper on the 40 times, they need a new watch or a liar. I will be at almost of the games I will see if I have to eat crow or drive to the Eastside of Austin County for a cold beer.

Old Tiger
07-01-2008, 08:46 PM
You have to admit that the beer at the Cat Spring Country Club is the coldest in Austin County. Getting back to football, I will have to give Huey a lot of credit for stepping up to the plate and playing 1st class competition. I cannot say the same for Jimmy Mitchell in Sealy, he has a cup cake or record padding schedule. My school taxes goes to Bellville and both sons played for Huey. He runs a very good program and is a good coach. However, you must call or grade it like it is. QB-F, no one can throw or run. OL-C-, physically weak, no speed or over powering size. RB-A+, a great stable of backs, WR-C, no game breaker speed, will not make the tough catch. DL-B, fair quickness, but lack of size and pass rush. LB-A, I like the young backers good speed, but must avoid the mistakes of last year. DB-D they could not cover a blind man, gave up way to many big play in key situations. I wish I knew who was the time keeper on the 40 times, they need a new watch or a liar. I will be at almost of the games I will see if I have to eat crow or drive to the Eastside of Austin County for a cold beer. all that means nothing! championships are won on the internet message boards!

bvillebrahma010
10-16-2008, 12:42 AM

hahaha! surprise surprise

Bull19
10-16-2008, 09:04 AM
You have to admit that the beer at the Cat Spring Country Club is the coldest in Austin County. Getting back to football, I will have to give Huey a lot of credit for stepping up to the plate and playing 1st class competition. I cannot say the same for Jimmy Mitchell in Sealy, he has a cup cake or record padding schedule. My school taxes goes to Bellville and both sons played for Huey. He runs a very good program and is a good coach. However, you must call or grade it like it is. QB-F, no one can throw or run. OL-C-, physically weak, no speed or over powering size. RB-A+, a great stable of backs, WR-C, no game breaker speed, will not make the tough catch. DL-B, fair quickness, but lack of size and pass rush. LB-A, I like the young backers good speed, but must avoid the mistakes of last year. DB-D they could not cover a blind man, gave up way to many big play in key situations. I wish I knew who was the time keeper on the 40 times, they need a new watch or a liar. I will be at almost of the games I will see if I have to eat crow or drive to the Eastside of Austin County for a cold beer. cochran store has some pretty cold ones too. f.y.i

MJMbrahmas10
10-16-2008, 11:26 PM
its pretty funny readin all these posts from the summer i bet all these ppl are takin back what they were sayin when they were dissin bellville and the program going down...6-0 now will shut them up and change their minds