20. Cleveland (4-7)
21. Waco Connally (5-5)
22. Hamshire-Fannett (5-5)
23. Splendora (7-4)
24. Athens (5-5)
25. Palestine (5-5)

WOS87
06-28-2008, 05:54 PM
So far this looks like a carbon copy of DCTF (down to having Jasper finishing 3rd in their district which won't happen).

La Vega may have a lot of starters returning but only 50% of the Parr brothers are returning... which IMO made up 90+% of their success last season. If not for Navasota and Rockdale being in the same district, Madisonville would have equal success as La Vega this season (if not better) with Whaley.

BobcatBenny
06-28-2008, 06:35 PM
I do not want to make GO BLUE happy, but I think Rockdale will be very solid this season.

I'm not sure if that means better than #10, but my gut tells me better than #10 within their region.

I look for them to make waves in Region III. :confused:

WOS87
06-28-2008, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I do not want to make GO BLUE happy, but I think Rockdale will be very solid this season.

I'm not sure if that means better than #10, but my gut tells me better than #10 within their region.

I look for them to make waves in Region III. :confused:

Unfortunately, if everything that they're saying is true about Navasota and Madisonville (and WO-S as well), the loser of the Madisonville vs. Rockdale game will likely have WO-S as their first round playoff opponent.

charlesrixey
06-28-2008, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
So far this looks like a carbon copy of DCTF (down to having Jasper finishing 3rd in their district which won't happen).

La Vega may have a lot of starters returning but only 50% of the Parr brothers are returning... which IMO made up 90+% of their success last season. If not for Navasota and Rockdale being in the same district, Madisonville would have equal success as La Vega this season (if not better) with Whaley.

I honestly believe both Diboll and Carthage are both better than jasper

I don't think Jasper will win their district

So far i've gone through each class, putting my own district projections down, and then taking that and going team by team to put them into a top 25.

22-3A and 24-3A offer up a couple of challenges:

i don't think Madisonville will make the playoffs and Yoe probably will

i don't care who their RB is, you don't 75% of your lettermen (they only return 7 and lose 32 ) and starters and still win unless your overall program is top notch. They don't have a horrid program, but they aren't A. Wylie, either

i'm pretty sure anyone that did what i did would end up with at least 80%+ pretty similar to DCTF----anyone that looks at the numbers and knows a little of the history will pick the districts mostly the same.

besides, Region II is the one i really care about

charlesrixey
06-28-2008, 06:56 PM
FYI WOS-i love you

and besides--in my top 100, Carthage is #15, Diboll is #22, and Jasper is #23

so it's not like i don't think jasper can't hang!

WOS87
06-28-2008, 06:58 PM
We shall see on 10/10 when Jasper and Diboll face off in their first district game of the season.... with Jasper coming off of games against pretty much shoe-in playoff contenders Gilmer, WO-S, Silsbee, Kirbyville and Hamshire-Fannett.

Jasper fans... please put this post in my bluebook as a merit badge for actually taking up for Jasper!!

and Rixey.... I love you too! (in a very masculine don't ask, don't tell kind of way of course!) :inlove:

;)

j_dog
06-28-2008, 07:24 PM
We shall see on 10/10 when Jasper and Diboll face off in their first district game of the season.... with Jasper coming off of games against pretty much shoe-in playoff contenders Gilmer, WO-S, Silsbee, Kirbyville and Hamshire-Fannett.

Jasper fans... please put this post in my bluebook as a merit badge for actually taking up for Jasper!!
.....;)
Duly noted, WOS87. :) :clap: Thanks.

If Jasper can survive against Gilmer, WO-S, Silsbee, Kirbyville and Hamshire-Fannett then they should be in pretty good shape for district. But that is going to be a gruelling road. Jasper may be too beat up by the time district rolls around. Time will tell.

Dogman_1969
06-28-2008, 07:38 PM
Unfortunately, if everything that they're saying is true about Navasota and Madisonville (and WO-S as well), the loser of the Madisonville vs. Rockdale game will likely have WO-S as their first round playoff opponent.

And your saying this is bad for loser of Madisonville\Rockdale or for WOS? It's too early to decide who will be better on a Friday night late in the season.....

WOS87
06-28-2008, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
And your saying this is bad for loser of Madisonville\Rockdale or for WOS? It's too early to decide who will be better on a Friday night late in the season.....

The answer is yes.... :D

eagles_victory
06-28-2008, 11:21 PM

La Vega may have a lot of starters returning but only 50% of the Parr brothers are returning... which IMO made up 90+% of their success last season. If not for Navasota and Rockdale being in the same district, Madisonville would have equal success as La Vega this season (if not better) with Whaley. I couldnt disagree more Lavega was strong last season because of the defense. Look at the Wos game the Parrs struggled except for one big run by Kourtney the defense is what kept them in the game. Plus with the Parrs suspended they dominated their first couple games. The parrs were a huge part but the QB Wilson the Oline and Defense is all very strong. Plus Chris is much better then Kortney so they should be fine if he keeps his head on straight.

c-town_balla
06-28-2008, 11:47 PM
ALOT of La Vega's D is gone tho.....William Henry....Bigalow.....both DEs......Im sure others

HEMOTOXIC
06-29-2008, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
FYI WOS-i love you

and besides--in my top 100, Carthage is #15, Diboll is #22, and Jasper is #23

so it's not like i don't think jasper can't hang!

Jasper will be good. They will finish 1st or 2nd behind Carthage.

mistanice
06-29-2008, 12:50 PM
10/10 in Diboll? Been a while since the Bulldogs have visited the Lumber Yard.

JasperDog94
06-29-2008, 12:55 PM

and Rixey.... I love you too! (in a very masculine don't ask, don't tell kind of way of course!) :inlove:

;) Having a full offseason with Coach Brooks back is what will help Jasper more than anything. Coming into last year he made adjustments as the year went on and took a terrible team into the second round of the playoffs. I have faith that he will have the dogs ready to roll this year.

Oh and WOS87, don't take this the wrong way, but you're not like many mustang fans I've met in the past...I actually like you.:D :D ...in a manly way as well.;)