PDA

View Full Version : WWE - Lubbock

wildstangs
06-27-2008, 11:43 PM
It looked like it was going to be a boring night in the Panhandle so I asked my wife if she would like to go to the WWE show in Lubbock since she had never been. Wow, wrestling has changed a bunch since I last watched it. I didn't know several of the wrestlers. Most of it was pretty boring. The main event was pretty cool though. John Bradshaw Layfield (Sweetwater Native) came out and talked quite a bit of trash about Lubbock. He said the crowd looked like something you would see in Old Mexico. Also trashed Texas Tech about never winning a basketball championship with Bobby Knight. He ragged pretty hard on the Panhandle and said that he was ashamed of the place and thats why he calls NYC his home these days. I would bet he doesn't say the same things when WWE is in Abilene in a few days.

Maroon87
06-27-2008, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
It looked like it was going to be a boring night in the Panhandle so I asked my wife if she would like to go to the WWE show in Lubbock since she had never been. Wow, wrestling has changed a bunch since I last watched it. I didn't know several of the wrestlers. Most of it was pretty boring. The main event was pretty cool though. John Bradshaw Layfield (Sweetwater Native) came out and talked quite a bit of trash about Lubbock. He said the crowd looked like something you would see in Old Mexico. Also trashed Texas Tech about never winning a basketball championship with Bobby Knight. He ragged pretty hard on the Panhandle and said that he was ashamed of the place and thats why he calls NYC his home these days. I would bet he doesn't say the same things when WWE is in Abilene in a few days.

It's called "getting heat" in the biz.;)

wildstangs
06-27-2008, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
It's called "getting heat" in the biz.;)

Yeah, it worked too...people really got worked up. Two days ago there was an article in the Abilene Reporter with him talking about how much he loves West Texas and he was thrilled to be home.

Maroon87
06-27-2008, 11:58 PM
Yeah, it worked too...people really got worked up. Two days ago there was an article in the Abilene Reporter with him talking about how much he loves West Texas and he was thrilled to be home.

That was him out of character.

Whatever happened to the Windhams from Sweetwater? Blackjack, Barry, and Kendall?

Barry was an awesome wrestler in the 80s.

wildstangs
06-28-2008, 12:03 AM

Whatever happened to the Windhams from Sweetwater? Blackjack, Barry, and Kendall?

Seems like Barry came back to the WWE a few times but never did much outside of WCW. I always liked him as well. Someone told me Kendall was working his way up in the independent wrestling scene. Ted Debiase's (Bet I misspelled that) son is wrestling now and performed at the show tonight also.

Maroon87
06-28-2008, 12:10 AM
Seems like Barry came back to the WWE a few times but never did much outside of WCW. I always liked him as well. Someone told me Kendall was working his way up in the independent wrestling scene. Ted Debiase's (Bet I misspelled that) son is wrestling now and performed at the show tonight also.

Actually I saw Barry on the Four Horsemen DVD...he looked like he'd spent the last 10 years in the bottle.

Emerson1
06-28-2008, 05:12 PM
I'm going to Night of Champions

King_LeYoeNidas
06-29-2008, 01:50 AM

Barry is a road agent for them I believe. His father was a Hall of Fame inductee last year and Kendall....not sure what happened to him.

JasperDog94
06-29-2008, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I'm going to Night of Champions When I saw that Night of Champions was in Dallas I wondered if you might go. Where are your seats?

GreenMonster
06-29-2008, 03:37 PM

Barry was an awesome wrestler in the 80s. Those guys were all rasslers. Rasslers have no niche in todays "wrestling." They are a dying breed.