PDA

View Full Version : Where should I take my wife in the DFW area?

STANG RED
06-27-2008, 04:04 PM
Our 26th anniversary was yesterday, so she is coming to spend the weekend with me in Ft. Worth, and we want to go somewhere neat and different tomorrow to celebrate. Anybody got any good ideas? We'll probably go to Pappadeax for dinner, but what else should we do?

BreckTxLonghorn
06-27-2008, 04:08 PM
The Dallas Museum of Art is pretty cool, and right next door is the Nasher Sculpture Garden, which is AWESOME. And a mile down the road is the museum for Kennedy's Assassination. Easy to spend your whole afternoon in that area.

Old Tiger
06-27-2008, 04:09 PM
Adam Jones house

garciap77
06-27-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Our 26th anniversary was yesterday, so she is coming to spend the weekend with me in Ft. Worth, and we want to go somewhere neat and different tomorrow to celebrate. Anybody got any good ideas? We'll probably go to Pappadeax for dinner, but what else should we do?
TJ Garcia's or Julio's!

crzyjournalist03
06-27-2008, 04:15 PM
Four Day Weekend is an Improv Comedy located on Sundance Street in downtown Fort Worth. You should check it out and let me know how it is, because I've been thinking about taking my wife there for our anniversary.

STANG RED
Originally posted by garciap77
TJ Garcia's or Julio's!

Thanks.

And by the way. That picture in your sig SUCKS big time. :mad: :p

Emerson1
Dicks Last Resort

DU_stud04
06-27-2008, 04:16 PM
TJ Garcia's or Julio's! garcia's has gone downhill.... the only mexican joints i like now are either in northside ftworth or oak cliff. good mexican food is hard to find :(

garciap77
06-27-2008, 04:20 PM
Thanks.

And by the way. That picture in your sig SUCKS big time. :mad: :p

You know I've being wait for someone from SW to say something!:D ;)

P.S. Have a good time out there in the big DFW area!

garciap77
06-27-2008, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
garcia's has gone downhill.... the only mexican joints i like now are either in northside ftworth or oak cliff. good mexican food is hard to find :(

I ate at one called Tejanos in Oak Cliff about 5 years ago and it was great!, But not sure if it's still good. Last time I ate at Julios was about four years and it was good!

DU_stud04
06-27-2008, 04:26 PM
I ate at one called Tejanos in Oak Cliff about 5 years ago and it was great!, But not sure if it's still good. Last time I ate at Julios was about four years and it was good! gotta love those taco stands :)

the ones in northside i usually go to are on hemphill, ones called el mil, the other....idk its just a block or two down though. hope you know spanish. hahaha

BILLYFRED0000
06-27-2008, 04:29 PM

Take her to Ruth Chris. they have a deal going where you get salad entree and share a desert for 89 dollars and it is any entree they serve.

nobogey72
06-27-2008, 04:56 PM
I hear there is a place there called Hooters that has good breasts,....... I mean wings. As far as entertainment, if it was me, I'd ditch the ol' lady at the mall, and I'd go to Texas Star and play golf. But, that's just me. You are probably all "whipped" and will hang out with her all weekend.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

STANG RED
06-27-2008, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I hear there is a place there called Hooters that has good breasts,....... I mean wings. As far as entertainment, if it was me, I'd ditch the ol' lady at the mall, and I'd go to Texas Star and play golf. But, that's just me. You are probably all "whipped" and will hang out with her all weekend.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well a couple of my buddies were going to come down and play golf and take in a Rangers game with me. But I ended up getting beat out by a Las Vegas trip instead. :( So now I'm just stuck with me and her. I guess I can suffer through one whole day with the ol gal if I try real hard. But she gets tired real early, so I'll keep Hooters in mind for after she crashes out.;)

wimbo_pro
06-27-2008, 05:13 PM

Medievel Times on I-35 not too far from downtown. Kinda cool.

Maroon87
06-27-2008, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Medievel Times on I-35 not too far from downtown. Kinda cool.

It's cool if you like paying 40 bucks for a meal that you have to eat with your hands LOL...

The jousting is cool though.

wimbo_pro
06-27-2008, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
It's cool if you like paying 40 bucks for a meal that you have to eat with your hands LOL...

The jousting is cool though.

$40 would be cheap...but for some reason, the ladies seem to like it!

DDBooger
06-27-2008, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87

The jousting is cool though. it would be a lot cooler if they let you put on the armor and hack at each other! Cableguy style! lol

DU_stud04
06-28-2008, 01:03 AM
I hear there is a place there called Hooters that has good breasts,....... I mean wings. As far as entertainment, if it was me, I'd ditch the ol' lady at the mall, and I'd go to Texas Star and play golf. But, that's just me. You are probably all "whipped" and will hang out with her all weekend.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: winghouse and bonedaddys are way better. :D

SintonFan
06-28-2008, 02:26 AM
Well a couple of my buddies were going to come down and play golf and take in a Rangers game with me. But I ended up getting beat out by a Las Vegas trip instead. :( So now I'm just stuck with me and her. I guess I can suffer through one whole day with the ol gal if I try real hard. But she gets tired real early, so I'll keep Hooters in mind for after she crashes out.;)
"she gets tired real early..."
I guess that's why yall have been married for 26 years?:D
j/k
Congratulations on your Anniversary!
I hope you have many more...:clap:

The Ravens
06-29-2008, 08:50 AM

:D :D :D :clap: