PDA

View Full Version : Astros/Red Sox Tix

SWMustang
06-27-2008, 02:55 PM
My wife scored 4 tickets (club level section 216) to tonights Red Sox game. I wouldn't mind going - on the other hand I wouldn't mind scalping those tickets. How much do you think I can get for them? Face value is 75 bucks.

Maroon87
06-27-2008, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
My wife scored 4 tickets (club level section 216) to tonights Red Sox game. I wouldn't mind going - on the other hand I wouldn't mind scalping those tickets. How much do you think I can get for them? Face value is 75 bucks.

Nothing from me. I'm boycotting this series because of the gouging that's taken place.

But I'm sure there are some folks who will take them off your hands.

Necks_Fan
06-27-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
My wife scored 4 tickets (club level section 216) to tonights Red Sox game. I wouldn't mind going - on the other hand I wouldn't mind scalping those tickets. How much do you think I can get for them? Face value is 75 bucks. Just how did she "score" them?

Lol. J/k

If you know someone that really likes the 'Stros, then I'd give 'em to 'em for $100.

My guess is they would be more than hsppy to take that deal.

Now, if you are going to actually try and sell them, I have no clue.

Go Astros!

SWMustang
06-27-2008, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Nothing from me. I'm boycotting this series because of the gouging that's taken place.

Looks like I'm going.

how'd she get 'em?I've instituted the don't ask don't tell policy.

sahen
06-27-2008, 03:42 PM
close to the game it wouldve been hard to sell them for too much of a gain anyway....you'd prolyl get close to face or a little below...well unless if you ebay them, apparantly there are a lot of idiots on ebay who will sell their soul for anything including tickets...luckily, those same idiots will buy up lots of tickets thinking they can sell them for profit and lose out on most games by selling them for under face value...

anyway, i'll be there tonight and sunday, i bought mine for face value from the astros when they released the ones they hadnt sold a couple weeks ago and for the sunday game i got them from ebay, from an idiot mentioned above for under face....

The Ravens
06-27-2008, 07:10 PM
I got some Aerosmith tickets. Cool.:D

Bull Butter
06-27-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87

I don't blame you. I wonder of other clubs do the same type of thing.:thinking:

Maroon87
06-27-2008, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by The Ravens
I got some Aerosmith tickets. Cool.:D

Hang around...we have a Dazed and Confused quote thread about once every 3 months.;)

Maroon87
06-27-2008, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
I don't blame you. I wonder of other clubs do the same type of thing.:thinking:

It's really embarassing. It's like the Astros are admitting that other teams are more interesting to their own fans than they are.

Maybe if they had a camera in the team dining room they'd be more interesting...:thinking: Heck I'd watch.

SWMustang
06-28-2008, 08:11 AM
Al I can say is that the scalpers got scalped on this deal. I had 4 tickets but only one of my friends could join me on such late notice. So we used 3 of the tickets. My plan was to sell the 4th ticket at face value. Didn't happen. My tickets were 75 dollars face value - even the scalpers were trying to get 50 bucks for those tickets. I offered the last remaining ticket to a guy for 20 bucks and he rejected. On a side note - the potato salad at the club level carving station is still the best I've ever had.

The other thing I can say - The Astros are not very good :mad: