PDA

View Full Version : Selling out Americans

SWMustang
06-27-2008, 02:53 PM
Nielsen hired a bunch of Indians (from India) to replace a bunch of Americans. TaTa is a huge Indian company along the lines of GE that the jobs were outsourced to. I'm kinda PO'd about it.

Lou Dobbs Story (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N_j2jrUxB0)

LH Panther Mom
06-27-2008, 02:55 PM
I don't guess I knew that Nielsen wasn't an American company. And what the crap! Somebody gets laid off but they have to train their replacement????????? :doh: :doh:

BobcatBenny
06-27-2008, 03:11 PM
American's need to refuse to participate in any Neilson rating polls.

Just tell Neilson to stick their questions where the sun does not shine!

SWMustang
06-27-2008, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

sounds great but you end up hurting the little guy way more than you're hurting "the man"

Phil C
06-27-2008, 03:41 PM
Indians Go Home!

BreckTxLonghorn
Originally posted by Phil C
Indians Go Home!

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!
:mad:

Phil C
Neilson isn't the only company that has sold out Americans and outsourced to India.

zebrablue2
06-27-2008, 05:04 PM

:clap: you got that right...

Maroon87
06-27-2008, 05:47 PM
I called HP tech support for some assitance in setting up my new PC and basically couldn't understand a word anybody said. I wound up figuring it out on my own...:doh:

BobcatBenny
06-27-2008, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
sounds great but you end up hurting the little guy way more than you're hurting "the man"
Not true. The small guy is already being hurt because no one will take a stand.

Companies like Nielsen can be put out of business with just a moderately organized effort of Americans. And in the end a new American company can replace Nielsen. Which actually will help the small guy.

When your phone rings and you see Nielsen on the caller ID, just do not answer their questions. Then their company is done.

DDBooger
06-27-2008, 10:30 PM
Not true. The small guy is already being hurt because no one will take a stand.

Companies like Nielsen can be put out of business with just a moderately organized effort of Americans. And in the end a new American company can replace Nielsen. Which actually will help the small guy.

When your phone rings and you see Nielsen on the caller ID, just do not answer their questions. Then their company is done. what about our vehicles? the american ones, aren't they made out of country? toyotos and nissans, aren't they made here? :thinking: , the furniture in our house? lol

post industrial economy, service and information age has changed. my pops is rail road worker, one of the few blue collar well paid jobs left in the U.S. however the Indians taking the phone calls aren't only taking telemarketing jobs here, X-rays as well as other medical analyses tech is being zipped over the net to foreign doctors as well radiologists to cut costs. globalization is interesting.

Maroon87
06-27-2008, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
globalization is interesting.

I guess that's one way to describe it...

Phil C
06-28-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
what about our vehicles? the american ones, aren't they made out of country? toyotos and nissans, aren't they made here? :thinking: , the furniture in our house? lol

post industrial economy, service and information age has changed. my pops is rail road worker, one of the few blue collar well paid jobs left in the U.S. however the Indians taking the phone calls aren't only taking telemarketing jobs here, X-rays as well as other medical analyses tech is being zipped over the net to foreign doctors as well radiologists to cut costs. globalization is interesting.

Hey DD I remember about 17 years ago when Sinton still had a Wal-Mart I went inside to buy an item that I don't remember what it was. I don't like to say anything negative about Wal-Mart but at that time they were advertising how they sold only American Products and were doing what they could to keep Americans working. What I do remember was looking at the item and it said "Made in China." And this item was located just in front of thier sign braging what they did to keep American jobs going. Needless to say I had a tragic laugh at the situation.

RMAC
06-28-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I called HP tech support for some assitance in setting up my new PC and basically couldn't understand a word anybody said. I wound up figuring it out on my own...:doh: the odd thing is that HP's tech support is in San Diego and Houston. I've had similar experiences though but they're pretty helpful once i translate it into english.