PDA

View Full Version : NBA Draft tonight

Bull's-eye
06-26-2008, 12:40 PM
Houston & S.A have late first round picks, Rockets trying to get the 18th pick from Washington (Luther Head/25 pick). Who would be a good selection for the Rockets and Spurs? Dallas only has a 2nd round pick.

crzyjournalist03
06-26-2008, 12:52 PM
Chris Douglas-Roberts is going to be a very nice pick for someone near the end of the first round.

Bull's-eye
06-26-2008, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Chris Douglas-Roberts is going to be a very nice pick for someone near the end of the first round.

A lot of mock drafts have him falling to the Rockets at the 25 pick. I don't know if Houston wants to move up a little to make sure they get him or they may be targeting another player. I heard they may be looking at Courtney Lee.

K-MAC Chuck
06-26-2008, 02:49 PM
I think the whole "tone" of the draft will be set by what Miami does at #2..more than likely if the Bulls DO TAKE Rose at #1 (and there's nothing out there arguing with that), then I think either scenario happens:

a) Miami flat-out trades down from the #2 pick

b) Miami takes Michael Beasley, then swaps him with another team for a point-guard type player and/or other conditions

Maroon87
06-26-2008, 02:55 PM
The Spurs will probably take someone no ones ever heard of like usual, or trade the pick.

maestro
06-26-2008, 03:07 PM
UNDER THE IS IT BETTER TO HAVE LOVED AND LOST...OR NOT TO HAVE LOVED AT ALL...

rockets losing every year in the first round takes away the draft excitment of a high pick....

then again....teams like spurs seem to GET THEIR PICKS and they've been playoff contenders..

who is this lee guy????

i'd love to have douglas-roberts...

Bull's-eye
06-26-2008, 03:24 PM
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Courtney-Lee-471/\

6'5" SG/SF out of Western Kentucky........very good perimeter shooter

WylieBulldog92
06-26-2008, 03:51 PM
San Antonio doesn't pick anyone from America is my prediction for the first round, and picks someone from America in the second and cuts them.

Bull's-eye
06-26-2008, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
San Antonio doesn't pick anyone from America is my prediction for the first round, and picks someone from America in the second and cuts them.

They are looking at Nicolas Batum, a young french player. Rumor has it that SA has his recent physical, but won't let other teams know the results. Batum had to cut a recent work-out short & his father actually died on the court from a heart condition.

maestro
06-26-2008, 04:50 PM
ok....LEE READS LIKE A STRONG PROSPECT...

would be nice if the rockets could find a 6'5 real deal shooter...

Bull's-eye
06-27-2008, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
They are looking at Nicolas Batum, a young french player. Rumor has it that SA has his recent physical, but won't let other teams know the results. Batum had to cut a recent work-out short & his father actually died on the court from a heart condition.

Batum's agent was disappointed that his client was not picked by the Spurs. It seems the whole NBA was on to the trickery of them trying to fake an injury & not publishing the lastest physical, hoping Batum would slip to the Spurs. Portland traded up with Houston and blocked the Spurs from getting their guy. Houston benefitted by getting an extra #33 pick (Joey Dorsey) and still got Donte Greene, the player they thought would be a better fit for them. Shame on Batum, his agent and the Spurs for trying to pull this off. :doh: