PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Challenger

TexanAlum_06
06-26-2008, 11:43 AM
Well my dad's friend just pulled into our driveway with his brand new all black 2008 Challenger.... Im not a big fan of dodge but this car is impressive....... supposedly his challenger is the only one in central texas right now...... He paided 20k over sticker for it! :eek:

DDBooger
06-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
Well my dad's friend just pulled into our driveway with his brand new all black 2008 Challenger.... Im not a big fan of dodge but this car is impressive....... supposedly his challenger is the only one in central texas right now...... He paided 20k over sticker for it! :eek: about what he'll pay to fill er up! lol but more power to him if he has that kind of disposeable income

BobcatBenny
06-26-2008, 11:44 AM
I saw a preview of it on Motor Week a few weekends back, and I wouldn't complain is someone gave me one.

TexanAlum_06
06-26-2008, 11:47 AM
yeah, he told me that there was another guy on the phone with the sales manager while he was there. the guy on the phone was telling the sales manager he was willing to pay 30k over sticker if he wouldnt sell it to my dads friend. Thats just ridiculous......haha.

CenTexSports
06-26-2008, 01:30 PM
Now that is a good sales manager. He probably evev believed him.

LionKing
06-26-2008, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
Well my dad's friend just pulled into our driveway with his brand new all black 2008 Challenger.... Im not a big fan of dodge but this car is impressive....... supposedly his challenger is the only one in central texas right now...... He paided 20k over sticker for it! :eek: At one time I wasn't a fan of dodge either, I was totally Chevy to the bone, chevy 4 wheel D. pickups, chevy hot rods with high performance parts (70 Chevelle SS w/ a performance built 454 engine/cowl induction hood, also a built up one ton silverado dooley).
Then I got my feelings hurt bad(I admit I even cried a little), a 70 Dodge Challenger with a 440 magnum and Mopar factory ''6 pack'' (three 2 barrell carburators) beat me not once, but twice in quarter mile street racing, I'd never lost many stree races back then, and then it was only to a 69 Z28 and a built 427 Monte Carlo, both Chevy's, never lost to a ford or any other GM car like a pontiac or Olds.
But, that was 30 years ago, now I own Dodge and Jeep vehicles with those great Mopar engines, I don't plan on owning a new Challenger because I'm not in to street hot rodding, just 4 wheel drive, but, those new Challengers sure make it tempting, even with gas prices the way they are.

TexanAlum_06
06-26-2008, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by LionKing
At one time I wasn't a fan of dodge either, I was totally Chevy to the bone, chevy 4 wheel D. pickups, chevy hot rods with high performance parts (70 Chevelle SS w/ a performance built 454 engine/cowl induction hood, also a built up one ton silverado dooley).
Then I got my feelings hurt bad(I admit I even cried a little), a 70 Dodge Challenger with a 440 magnum and Mopar factory ''6 pack'' (three 2 barrell carburators) beat me not once, but twice in quarter mile street racing, I'd never lost many stree races back then, and then it was only to a 69 Z28 and a built 427 Monte Carlo, both Chevy's, never lost to a ford or any other GM car like a pontiac or Olds.
But, that was 30 years ago, now I own Dodge and Jeep vehicles with those great Mopar engines, I don't plan on owning a new Challenger because I'm not in to street hot rodding, just 4 wheel drive, but, those new Challengers sure make it tempting, even with gas prices the way they are.

Yeah I think even my dad is tempted even though he already has a hot rod and a harley davidson. my mom would flip s&$^ if he drove home in one of those. lol