PDA

View Full Version : A&M Explores Kyle Field Expansion

HEMOTOXIC
06-26-2008, 12:40 AM
http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/21595054.html

GreenMonster
06-26-2008, 12:43 AM
Dangit!!! Why would they do that? Don't they already have enough problems scoring? Why would they expand the field?

:devil: Hey, I thought it was funny.

HEMOTOXIC
06-26-2008, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Dangit!!! Why would they do that? Don't they already have enough problems scoring? Why would they expand the field?

:devil: Hey, I thought it was funny.

:confused:

Old Tiger
06-26-2008, 01:25 AM
So they are going to expand seating capacity when they can't even sell out?

RedWhiteBlue
06-26-2008, 07:26 AM
They are just trying to be like another university's field under expansion right now that ACTUALLY needed it.

NastySlot
06-26-2008, 08:44 AM
as an aggie......i agree they should work on selling out games with the current capacity..................i do know this it goes in cycles......the team wins people come......texas sells out now cause they have a good product on the field..........wasn't always so during the mack williams and john mackovic years.................put a better product on the field and then expand.......................call them fair fans or fans of convience all teams and schools have them...............people will pay money to see a winner.

c-town_balla
06-26-2008, 09:00 AM
I guess my thought is.....If you can't sell out the current size with some regularity why expand?

TexanAlum_06
06-26-2008, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
They are just trying to be like another university's field under expansion right now that ACTUALLY needed it.

I agree. Kinda like when that other university had the worlds largest jumbotron installed(at the time) then shortly after ATM decided to upgrade theirs..... lol. :thinking:

NastySlot
06-26-2008, 09:23 AM
expansion occurs with winning.....i believe the last kyle field expansion occured with winning teams. the expansion in austin is now occuring with a winning program.........tech expanison and remodeling occurred with winning.

also an observation we live in texas and no matter what if it's universities trying to one up each other............texans will always try to one up each other.......high school football is not immuned.

TexanAlum_06
06-26-2008, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
expansion occurs with winning.....i believe the last kyle field expansion occured with winning teams. the expansion in austin is now occuring with a winning program.........tech expanison and remodeling occurred with winning.

also an observation we live in texas and no matter what if it's universities trying to one up each other............texans will always try to one up each other.......high school football is not immuned.

Good point. Is upperdeck endzone seats the one usually not sold out for ATM? it wouldnt surprise me. I have sat up there once before and it was terrible. I wouldnt want a season ticket up there..... personally, I think that if Aggies can turn in a decent year their fan base and sellout crowds will come back very quickly. A lot of alumni and fans are just unhappy right now because of the whole Fran situation.... Some fans just need to understand that it is a rebuilding process and there isnt a whole lot of talent for Sherman to work with.... it not like situation when Urban Meyer went to florida. He had a roster full of future NFL players waiting on him in gainesville. not so much the case in college station....... I guess the point is, seems to me that the fan base and alumni needs to be a little patient with coaching staff and let them do their job..... though I know that is easier said then done.....

RedWhiteBlue
06-26-2008, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
Good point. Is upperdeck endzone seats the one usually not sold out for ATM? it wouldnt surprise me. I have sat up there once before and it was terrible. I wouldnt want a season ticket up there..... personally, I think that if Aggies can turn in a decent year their fan base and sellout crowds will come back very quickly. A lot of alumni and fans are just unhappy right now because of the whole Fran situation.... Some fans just need to understand that it is a rebuilding process and there isnt a whole lot of talent for Sherman to work with.... it not like situation when Urban Meyer went to florida. He had a roster full of future NFL players waiting on him in gainesville. not so much the case in college station....... I guess the point is, seems to me that the fan base and alumni needs to be a little patient with coaching staff and let them do their job..... though I know that is easier said then done.....
Maybe we just need BBDE to give us a lowdown on the whole situation and clarify the whole reasoning behind all of this. I am sure there is a very good, clear explanation for it.:thinking: :1popcorn:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-26-2008, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Maybe we just need BBDE to give us a lowdown on the whole situation and clarify the whole reasoning behind all of this. I am sure there is a very good, clear explanation for it.:thinking: :1popcorn:

We sold out several times last year and we weren't that good. We didn't sell out any of the non-conference games, but we sold out several last season and a lot more the season before that. I can actually understand it happening and their reasoning behind it, but of course this just gives people who don't really know or understand something else to look at and say, "Stupid Aggie." ;)

Bull Butter
06-26-2008, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
but of course this just gives people who don't really know or understand something else to look at and say, "Stupid Aggie." ;)

That would NEVER happen on 3A Downlow!;)

LH Panther Mom
06-26-2008, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
That would NEVER happen on 3A Downlow!;)
Not even with a simple news story! :rolleyes: :doh: :doh:

GOOD GOSH PEOPLE!

DaHop72
06-26-2008, 11:08 AM
"Stupid Aggie." ;) Please refrain from using this reference as I have a friend who is a "fencepost" who attends this university. :) :)

pirate4state
06-26-2008, 11:13 AM
We sold out several times last year and we weren't that good. We didn't sell out any of the non-conference games, but we sold out several last season and a lot more the season before that. I can actually understand it happening and their reasoning behind it, but of course this just gives people who don't really know or understand something else to look at and say, "Stupid Aggie." ;) hee hee

18handicap
06-26-2008, 12:01 PM
TAMU needs to worry about renovating Olsen Field, Aggie Softball Field, and the track before they worry about Kyle Field. I believe that Softball, Track, and Baseball have been much more successful than football. Basketball is getting their expansion at Reed Arena (which the athletic department doesn't own, but rent from the university).

Funny thing about TAMU, when we want or need to use their facilities, they charge us big time, but when they need to use our facilities or equipment, they want it for free.

BwdLions
06-26-2008, 12:06 PM
I knew it was coming. With the improvements to that stadium in Austin, the aggies couldn't settle for having the second largest college football stadium in Texas, could they?. I'll have to admit, it's happening a little sooner than I thought. Didn't they just renovate the stadium and add seats about five years ago?

BobcatBenny
06-26-2008, 12:12 PM
A&M should probably just consider building a nice new state of the art football field and stadium.

You know, a stadium they could be proud of. A field and stadium where they could create a rich history and develop some form of tradition.

navscanmaster
06-27-2008, 01:29 PM
http://www.fanblogs.com/091804kyle1.jpg

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-27-2008, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
A&M should probably just consider building a nice new state of the art football field and stadium.

You know, a stadium they could be proud of. A field and stadium where they could create a rich history and develop some form of tradition.

:D

You're funny sometimes. ;)