PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Umpires Need Punishments

Old Tiger
06-25-2008, 04:08 PM
a lot of times baseball umpires innitiate the contact with a player/manager on the baseball diamond so IMO there needs to be a structure set for suspending/fining baseball umpires. Also IMO they are the biggest head cases of all officials except the evil bald guy Joey Crawford!

Necks_Fan
06-25-2008, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
a lot of times baseball umpires innitiate the contact with a player/manager on the baseball diamond so IMO there needs to be a structure set for suspending/fining baseball umpires. Also IMO they are the biggest head cases of all officials except the evil bald guy Joey Crawford! This coming from the incident yesterday with Beltran and the new skipper?

That guy just needs to have his head deflated a little. He CLEARLY initiated the ENTIRE incident and there has to be a suspension laid down.

Not acceptable in my book.

Old Tiger
06-25-2008, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
This coming from the incident yesterday with Beltran and the new skipper?

That guy just needs to have his head deflated a little. He CLEARLY initiated the ENTIRE incident and there has to be a suspension laid down.

Not acceptable in my book. Not only that but there are dozens of other examples where the umpire instigates the situation.

crzyjournalist03
06-25-2008, 04:15 PM
Not only that but there are dozens of other examples where the umpire instigates the situation.

Milton Bradley last year missed the final couple of months thanks to an umpire.

Old Tiger
06-25-2008, 04:16 PM
Yup and what happens to the umpire, nothing!

crzyjournalist03
06-25-2008, 04:19 PM
Yup and what happens to the umpire, nothing!

Actually, the ump was suspended for the rest of the year:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,298174,00.html

I guess I didn't realize how late in the season the Bradley incident was, but you can make a definite argument that it cost the Padres a playoff spot considering they lost the one-game playoff to the Rockies after collapsing the final week without Bradley.

Maroon87
06-25-2008, 04:19 PM
Actually Milton got tackled by his own coach and that's how he was injured, but it was because he was throwing a tantrum over a close call that went against him.

crzyjournalist03
06-25-2008, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Actually Milton got tackled by his own coach and that's how he was injured, but it was because he was throwing a tantrum over a close call that went against him.

he was upset over the call, but MLB felt after talking to the opposing team's first baseman and the first base coach that he was baited by the umpire, who reportedly called Bradley some racial slurs.

GreenMonster
06-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Yup and what happens to the umpire, nothing! Not true. MLB just chooses to keep their handlings of Umpires quiet. One of my 2 very best friends on this planet is a professional umpire. These guys are highly scrutinized by MLB. The umpire in question will probably face a suspension and a fine and may face termination. I promise you he will not get off scott free like you think.

crzyjournalist03
06-26-2008, 03:10 PM
Umpire was suspended for one game:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3462067