PDA

View Full Version : Wyle vs Merkel

ballwzrd
10-20-2001, 07:33 PM
A Merkel player was injured during the last play of the game Friday night against Wylie and was taken to the hospital by ambulance. Does anyone know his condition or seriousness of his injury. It hurts to see any player injured, especially in this way.

stickman
10-21-2001, 09:15 AM
I heard that he had full mobility but was strapped down just to be safe.

bigdawg
10-21-2001, 01:54 PM
I was informed that he bruised his spinal cord and will be out for the rest of the season.

mark838
10-21-2001, 08:42 PM
Adam Stafford came home from the hospital today Sunday. He is able to walk and move ok, but is weak and a little unstable right now, but I think he'll be ok. He is through playing football though. Thanks for your concern.

Idiot
10-22-2001, 02:54 PM
I am glad to hear the Stafford kid is doing better, i know the way it looked at the game it seemed to be real serious, both teams were on thier knees with helments off and the whole stadium was silent, it was a very somber and scarey scene, And when the game was finally officially called with a few seconds still remaining it was the most silent cheer for a winning tem i have ever heard, just a few claps,No one was really in the mood ( and rightfully so) to celebrate, Just want Stafford and his family to know that he is in the Wylie's prayers.