PDA

View Full Version : Heres a 3A Region 2 Darkhorse

Gsquared
06-25-2008, 07:35 AM
And this is the true definition of a dark horse. These guys have ALWAYS been a doormat. The Community Braves. If thier QB is 100 % recovered from his car accident and plays, watch out, they could make some noise. With the district they are in, its quite possible for them to make the playoffs for the first time since sandles and parted seas.

charlesrixey
06-25-2008, 07:49 AM
that WOULD be a surprise

i seem to remember they had made some wavees a few years ago towards respectability, but then they fell off again. Be nice to see another collin county team in the playoffs

icu812
06-25-2008, 10:26 AM
I know Gilmer, Tatum and Chapel Hill are in their district but don't be surprised to see BULLARD make the playoffs in football. I doubt they will win district in football but they may make the playoffs They have historically been a down program in nearly all sports. But I think there is a chance they may win district in boys & girls basketball, softball and baseball next year.

Bullard thats my darkhorse to make the playoffs. Glad that they are out of our district.

3afan
06-25-2008, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by icu812
I know Gilmer, Tatum and Chapel Hill are in their district but don't be surprised to see BULLARD make the playoffs in football. I doubt they will win district in football but they may make the playoffs They have historically been a down program in nearly all sports. But I think there is a chance they may win district in boys & girls basketball, softball and baseball next year.

Bullard thats my darkhorse to make the playoffs. Glad that they are out of our district.

Community's district is:

Emory Rains
Farmersville
Lucas Lovejoy
Nevada Community
Princeton
Quinlan Ford

FYI ...

Txbroadcaster
06-25-2008, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
Community's district is:

Emory Rains
Farmersville
Lucas Lovejoy
Nevada Community
Princeton
Quinlan Ford

FYI ...

he is naming the teams in Bullard's district

icu812
06-25-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

Yes I was, thanks.

As far as Community's district goes I know Rains and Farmersville have had strong teams recently. Rains has a new coach. I really don't know a thing about Community or Lucas Lovejoy. Princeton has had good basketball teams recently and I think they run the single wing in football (is that right?).

eppy 12
06-25-2008, 01:44 PM
aren't the guys from quinlan ford a bit old to be playing hs ball?:thinking:

txkmom
06-25-2008, 07:25 PM
My husband's first head football job was at Community. I remember driving out in the country to the football games - all you could see were the stadium lights - there wasn't much else out there then (has it changed any?). Will was only 3, and Lacey, 1. Our youngest was born while Tom was coaching there. OMG, that was a long time ago! I would love to see them do well.

Matthew328
06-25-2008, 07:53 PM
its a growing area...they were better last year I also think they could make the playoffs this year

charlesrixey
06-26-2008, 06:40 AM
isn't lovejoy a new varsity school?

that's proboably why not much is known much about them

3afan
06-26-2008, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

:doh:

BILLYFRED0000
06-26-2008, 01:41 PM
I think community comes in fourth,

Lovejoy should be better, Princeton will be and I think Farmersville or Emory Rains probably will be.