PDA

View Full Version : The Texas Rangers will take the boot!!!

Keith7
06-24-2008, 07:11 PM
The Texas Rangers can essentially clinch the Silver Boot tonight with a win tonight thanks to them whooping the Asstros their first go around. The Rangers own a 2-1 lead in the series, and a 26-15 run advantage. If the teams end up tied at the end of the series, the winner will be determined by which team scored more runs, so this should be a piece of cake for the Texas Rangers, and soon will become the Champions of Texas for the fifth time in eight years!

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/898/silverbootsy8.jpg

WHS02
06-24-2008, 07:13 PM
GO RANGERS, I am so happy that they are doing this decent right now. I am going to the game this weekend against Philly!!!

GreenMonster
06-24-2008, 07:13 PM
Holy Hades! Look what the cat drug in! Hi Keith! :wave:

pirate4state
06-24-2008, 07:31 PM
OMG KEITH!!!!

No one gets my Silver Boot references!!! :D :D

:)

Old Tiger
06-24-2008, 07:32 PM
who cares they'll both be dissappointing all their fans in the september

pirate4state
06-24-2008, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
who cares they'll both be dissappointing all their fans in the september :doh: duh, the only thing that matters in Texas is the Silver Boot! ROFL!

Old Tiger
06-24-2008, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:doh: duh, the only thing that matters in Texas is the Silver Boot! ROFL! no no no......

Necks_Fan
06-25-2008, 07:38 AM
4-3 win for the Stros Yesterday.

29-19 run advantage now?

LH Panther Mom
06-25-2008, 08:19 AM
YAY! Good to see you! :clap: :clap:

(when is the draft?)

Ranger Mom
06-25-2008, 08:50 AM
Hey!!! It's Keith!!

Welcome back!!!:D

catgut
06-25-2008, 09:43 AM
GO 'STROS!!!!!!!!!

Who cares about the Rangers?

BwdLions
06-25-2008, 09:47 AM
Who's Keith? :thinking:

Maroon87
06-25-2008, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Who's Keith? :thinking:

Who are the Rangers? I looked on a list of teams that have won playoff series and they don't show up on that list. Must be a misprint...:thinking: :evilgrin: :stirpot:

crzyjournalist03
06-25-2008, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Who are the Rangers? I looked on a list of teams that have won playoff series and they don't show up on that list. Must be a misprint...:thinking: :evilgrin: :stirpot:

Oh, you know, they fall into the same grouping as the Houston Texans and Tracy McGrady.

JasperDog94
06-25-2008, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Oh, you know, they fall into the same grouping as the Houston Texans and Tracy McGrady. Touche!!!:clap: :clap:

Maroon87
06-25-2008, 10:13 AM
Oh, you know, they fall into the same grouping as the Houston Texans and Tracy McGrady.

1) I'm a Cowboys fan.
2) I'm a Spurs fan.

But that was still funny!:clap:

crzyjournalist03
06-25-2008, 10:27 AM
Well, to get my $.02 in on the topic, the Rangers' grasp on the boot could be in severe peril. Milton Bradley is already most likely out for the series limited to pinch-hitting (man, he almost proved a hero last night), now Josh Hamilton is likely out for the rest of the series too.

That's three starters, and two of the most important on the team, from the lineup gone in the last week.

Necks_Fan
06-25-2008, 03:47 PM
Oh, you know, they fall into the same grouping as the Houston Texans and Tracy McGrady. I can see bagging on McGrady because he is seasoned and has been around a while, but the Texans are relatively new and still progressing in a very tough division. Give 'em a few years and then thrown 'em in that category if they haven't won a playoff game by then. Atleast let them have a chance to grow a little before we bag on them too.

Not that it really matters much anyway.:)

Technically----- There are no "series" in the NFL playoffs. So, you can exclude the Texans from that conversation anyway.;)

sahen
06-25-2008, 03:51 PM
Well, to get my $.02 in on the topic, the Rangers' grasp on the boot could be in severe peril. Milton Bradley is already most likely out for the series limited to pinch-hitting (man, he almost proved a hero last night), now Josh Hamilton is likely out for the rest of the series too.

That's three starters, and two of the most important on the team, from the lineup gone in the last week.

cheer up man, its baseball and yall only need to win 1 game to clinch basically unless if the Astros just go nuts in winning one game...2 are left and the Astros won the one before, odds are probably against the Astros winning 3 in a row, esp. considering they won the game on sunday before the series started, so really 4 in a row? prolly not gonna happen unless if the Astros decide to play like its May again...that said, go 'stros! and sweep the rangers!