PDA

View Full Version : Iowa VS Louisiana

BobcatBenny
06-24-2008, 06:24 PM
I was sent this which was written by a Louisiana native. You can blame WOS87 for his statistics thread. I am having to go for my new personal best! :D

Have you all noticed that Cedar Rapids is under 10 feet of water. Thousands upon thousands of people are displaced?

Have you noticed that nobody is looting every empty property in sight ?

Have you noticed that nobody is shooting at rescuers?

Have you noticed any victims on TV wondering where the federal government is to 'take care of them'?

Or, have you noticed victims, who have lost everything, make comments like 'life goes on', 'we'll just need to pick up the pieces and start over', and 'at least we still have our life'. Maybe Government could help make "victims" of these survivors as well, convince them that they aren't strong enou gh to take care of themselves, they're not smart enough to survive. Maybe we should subsidize their lives for the next 2+ years, free housing, $2000/month to not work. Just food for thought...

Have you noticed that the media does not make nearly as big a deal of this as they did of Katrina in New Orleans? Maybe if they could find an angle that says: "Bush doesn't care about minorities" they would give the kind of coverage they did in New Orleans.

But wait, the water will eventually break through and make its way down river to New Orleans. Then we will see the coverage change. Then it will be a moral tragedy and evidence that Republicans don't care about minorities. Then you will see Obama and Sharpton on the scene. The news will explain why the people are frustrated and that is why they shoot at the rescue helicopters and loot and steal.

pirate4state
06-24-2008, 06:27 PM
This was circulated after Hurricane Rita too. I blame the media not giving those folks attention. Midwesterners are boring, no edge to 'em at all.

Gobbla2001
06-24-2008, 06:27 PM
the media and the sympathy always goes with the big story... New Orleans was a big city, a city a lot of people enjoyed visiting...

Iowa? just a buncha dumb rednecks and corn-farmers who are supposed to be tough anyway... where's the story there?

pirate4state
06-24-2008, 06:28 PM
get out of my head! :eek: :p

Gobbla2001
06-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
get out of my head! :eek: :p

It was too tempting...