06-24-2008, 06:22 PM
I do... they love me...

Old Tiger
06-24-2008, 06:25 PM
LH

HEMOTOXIC
06-24-2008, 06:26 PM
WOW, good thread...

I haven't seen too many good 3a crowds that were loud.

Liberty Hill was the best that I saw last year.

My Rattler crowd has the potential due to the large crowd that follows. You just have to really get them excited.

WHS02
06-24-2008, 06:31 PM
The people from Wylie are pretty loud. When the band plays it is really loud. When we played Wollforth Frenship last year the officials made the band stop playing because they were to loud. All Seriousness.

pirate4state
06-24-2008, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by WHS02
The people from Wylie are pretty loud. When the band plays it is really loud. When we played Wollforth Frenship last year the officials made the band stop playing because they were to loud. All Seriousness. my bad, yes I forgot about Wylie...the band is AWESOME!!! :clap:

Gobbler Fan
06-24-2008, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Cuero (GO MEAN GREEN) ugh...it really sucks having to hear that
Liberty Hill (1-2-3 first down)
Port Isabel (i'm not sure what they yell, but they are loud) :thinking:

and the 10,000 fans from Burnet, TX :D

After posting shutouts against Sinton the last 4 times they met .... thats 16 quarters by the way :devil: . I'm sure most Sinton fans are tired of hearing it .:taunt:

CS

AW

LH

are the 3 loudest I can remember

Nursebetty
06-24-2008, 07:15 PM

and the 10,000 fans from Burnet, TX :D YEAH! on that answer! The Cuero MEAN GREEN crowd is always pretty darn loud! What's the saying......last one out of town turn out the lights ( or something like that anyway)! That's pretty much how it is with the GOBBLER crowd! I'm sure there are plenty of other teams that are that way, though!

Gobbla2001
06-24-2008, 07:19 PM
LH is for sure up there... AW was good... when Sealy's backin' a winner they're loud as all hell, and great fans in general...

Gonzales when they play Cuero...

I finally gave Cuero a listen this season, sitting on the visitors side when they played LH and Palacios...

Against LH, the "Go Mean Green's" before kick-off were flat out awesome... did pretty good during the game as well...

Against Palacios they were insanely loud...

gotta admit, hearing the Cuero fans from the other side of the stadium this year was pretty badass... they're up there...

44INAROW
06-24-2008, 07:29 PM
More Green Beans......... oops I Mean

GO MEAN GREEN - gotta be in the top 5 for sure.......
I sat with the LH folks when they played Giddings and mercy - I was hearing 1-2-3 1st down all the way home :p

pirate4state
06-24-2008, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
After posting shutouts against Sinton the last 4 times they met .... thats 16 quarters by the way :devil: . I'm sure most Sinton fans are tired of hearing it .:taunt: ya think? :rolleyes:

Gobbla2001
06-24-2008, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I was hearing 1-2-3 1st down all the way home :p

tell me about it... most annoying saying in HS football right there... esspecially when you're sitting on their side while they're beating your team :(

DU_stud04
06-24-2008, 07:34 PM
wylies band really gets you into the game. lh was pretty loud as well, lavega's coach tries getting everyone into the game from dancing in the bleachers. i had fun watching the game from their side last year

jimmyceatworld
06-24-2008, 07:36 PM
LH was the loudest I heard last year.

Old Tiger
06-24-2008, 07:37 PM
I hate that my ears were ringing after LH games :(

BobcatBenny
06-24-2008, 07:39 PM
The people from Wylie are pretty loud. When the band plays it is really loud. When we played Wollforth Frenship last year the officials made the band stop playing because they were to loud. All Seriousness.
Yes, Wylie is best known for its music program. :eek: :D :doh:

WHS02
06-24-2008, 07:44 PM
What the heck is that supposed to mean?

Footballhudini
06-24-2008, 07:58 PM
What the heck is that supposed to mean?

it means yall aren't that GOOD.

haha :p

WHS02
06-24-2008, 07:59 PM
Awww, so many people still jealous of WYLIE!!!!

garciap77
06-24-2008, 09:04 PM
Cuero MEAN GREEN and Wylie was a draw at the 2004 state final! They were both loud!

garciap77
06-24-2008, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Yes, Wylie is best known for its music program. :eek: :D :doh:

and Acdemics, sports and loud fans!:p ;)

Hi BennyDawg!:D ;)

BobcatBenny
06-24-2008, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
and Acdemics, sports and loud fans!:p ;)

Hi BennyDawg!:D ;)
Hey, I saw a moment to do a little fishing. http://www.watchfarscape.com/forums/images/smilies/fishing.gif

garciap77
06-24-2008, 09:41 PM
Hey, I saw a moment to do a little fishing. http://www.watchfarscape.com/forums/images/smilies/fishing.gif

LOL! You're the best BobcatBenny!:D

LH Panther Mom
06-24-2008, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I hate that my ears were ringing after LH games :(
LOL! Be thankful you don't usually sit right by me. :eek: :eek: :p

Ranger Mom
06-24-2008, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
LOL! Be thankful you don't usually sit right by me. :eek: :eek: :p

Didn't rundoe change seats for that reason??:p

Nursebetty
06-24-2008, 10:36 PM
Hey, LH Panther Mom...........i sure am gonna miss it that Cuero and LH don't play against each other this year.......bummer!

Old Tiger
06-24-2008, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
LOL! Be thankful you don't usually sit right by me. :eek: :eek: :p I just don't want to sit in front of you :(

I've sat beside and behind you.....

One thing that baffles me is how you can know the game situations while texting, looking at the text, and talking to me at the same time.:confused: :nerd: :thinking:

LH Panther Mom
06-24-2008, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
One thing that baffles me is how you can know the game situations while texting, looking at the text, and talking to me at the same time.:confused: :nerd: :thinking:
Multi-tasking :nerd: :p

trojan37
06-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Celina's airhorn is really loud. That thing drove me nuts!:crazy1:

BobcatBenny
06-24-2008, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Didn't rundoe change seats for that reason??:p
What ever happened to rundoe?

waterboy
06-25-2008, 07:34 AM
The loudest fans I heard last year would have to be Abilene Wylie. It coulda been the acoustics of the stadium that made it seem that way, though. Liberty Hill's fans were loud, too, but the acoustics of that sucky stadium didn't do anyone justice. It probably woulda been louder had it not been so COLD, bbrrrrr!

waterboy
06-25-2008, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
The loudest fans I heard last year would have to be Abilene Wylie. It coulda been the acoustics of the stadium that made it seem that way, though. Liberty Hill's fans were loud, too, but the acoustics of that sucky Floyd Casey Stadium didn't do anyone justice. It probably woulda been louder had it not been so COLD, bbrrrrr!
Whoops! I hit the quote button when I shoulda hit edit. I was going to change sucky stadium to sucky Floyd Casey Stadium. I hate that stadium!

garciap77
06-25-2008, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
That was not the airhorn, it was BobcatBenny! :D

espn1
06-25-2008, 08:14 AM

and the 10,000 fans from Burnet, TX :D It was actually about about 8,000+ at home games. But most of them were just on the band wagon. Things changed when we went 4A. I expect things to be Better for the Bulldogs this year. Glad to be back in 3A. I heard we will be using 2 Qb's next year. Can't wait to play B'wood at the Alamo Dome.

RedWhiteBlue
06-25-2008, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
That was not the airhorn, it was BobcatBenny! :D
I hate airhorns, clappers, those stupid banging air sticks, freon bottles and all those dumb bells. It is football for goodness sakes.... just clap and yell!!!!
I guess I am just Old School or something. If your football team can't win without all that crap then they aren't going to win anyway!!!:clap: IMO

LH Panther Mom
06-25-2008, 08:21 AM
What ever happened to rundoe?
He's not much of an off-season person....too much controversy (at times) that he has to bite his tongue over. ;)

jason
06-25-2008, 08:27 AM
i sat behind a guy from liberty hill at one of the LH vs jasper games (the one at college station where jasper won and their kids acted like they had never won a game before) - anyways - the guy in front of me was one of those who swore on his life that LH could do no wrong - he griped about EVERY call that went against LH and cried whenever somebody from jasper supposedly committed a penalty - i finally told him that the particular call he was griping about was a good call and told him to quit whining - he didn't like that and told me i didn't know what i was talking about & that i didn't know the kind of style liberty hill played so i should be the one to keep quiet....i tried to explain to him that holding is holding whether you run the spread or run 98% of the time and pass only when it's obvious you need to pass, but still run the ball....

espn1
06-25-2008, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by jason
i sat behind a guy from liberty hill at one of the LH vs jasper games (the one at college station where jasper won and their kids acted like they had never won a game before) - anyways - the guy in front of me was one of those who swore on his life that LH could do no wrong - he griped about EVERY call that went against LH and cried whenever somebody from jasper supposedly committed a penalty - i finally told him that the particular call he was griping about was a good call and told him to quit whining - he didn't like that and told me i didn't know what i was talking about & that i didn't know the kind of style liberty hill played so i should be the one to keep quiet....i tried to explain to him that holding is holding whether you run the spread or run 98% of the time and pass only when it's obvious you need to pass, but still run the ball....
Sisters and brother are still married in LH. It's still just slightly above 3rd world status. But they're evolving. You ought to here all the crap the PEC guys spew. I'm impressed with their program and what they have now compared to when I was A kid. They actually have bleachers now. 7 seats on the the visitors side used to get real old. LH as a whole has a great program.

waterboy
06-25-2008, 09:10 AM
Oh, I didn't give my vote for the best fans. I would have to say the best fans would have to be between Abilene Wylie and Tatum. They are a classy bunch, and very good sports. You can't help but wish them the best.:2thumbsup

RedWhiteBlue
06-25-2008, 09:27 AM
Graham is horrible about sitting on their hind parts and giving it the old english golf clap ever once and a while and NO yelling. When we go out of town- our group has to warn everyone behind us that, "we will be standing and yelling the whole time so if you do not like that, then you better find another place to sit." It has improved over the years, because the fans are younger, but we still have a long way to go. Graham tends to be an 'older' town that doesn't like change.

Nursebetty
06-25-2008, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
I hate airhorns, clappers, those stupid banging air sticks, freon bottles and all those dumb bells. It is football for goodness sakes.... just clap and yell!!!!
I guess I am just Old School or something. If your football team can't win without all that crap then they aren't going to win anyway!!!:clap: IMO

At CUERO GOBBLER games........you see all sorts of noise makers.......shakers, clappers, bells,,,,,etc.! That's just the way we get loud along with the clapping and cheering! I do catch what you are saying, though........and it is a good thought.:clap: :D

NastySlot
06-25-2008, 09:51 AM
some of the largest crowds and loudest i have heard at 3A games were at hondo games...........that entire county turns out.....not just hondo folks........but...d hanis, lytle castroville and devinve....and they all root for hondo.

BwdLions
06-25-2008, 09:52 AM
I think Wylie has the loudest band that I've heard in a long time. They are impressive.

cshscougar08
06-25-2008, 09:53 AM

Yeah that thing was like a freakin' pipe organ. And in Texas Stadium, that thing echoed. It was pretty cool. Don't know who had the loudest fans last year. Would go with Cuero, but we didn't hear a GO MEAN GREEN chant. ;)

Probably have to go with La Vega. Of course they will always come out in big numbers against us since they hate us so much. Since we're so "racist" and all. :confused:

Nursebetty
06-25-2008, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Yeah that thing was like a freakin' pipe organ. And in Texas Stadium, that thing echoed. It was pretty cool. Don't know who had the loudest fans last year. Would go with Cuero, but we didn't hear a GO MEAN GREEN chant. ;)

Probably have to go with La Vega. Of course they will always come out in big numbers against us since they hate us so much. Since we're so "racist" and all. :confused:

Okay......'splain that one.............i don't know about this (La Vega).......

cshscougar08
06-25-2008, 12:21 PM
Well it's a rivalry we have with them. They are obviously a "ghetto type" school with more of a mix of ethnic groups. We are very much primarily a white school. Like well over 90% white. So they always feel like we're the rich white kids who look down on them because they are more minority than we are. It's pretty ridiculous. And leading up to the Region finals this year, the Waco paper ran a ridiculous article about it being a battle of thugs vs. snobs.

garciap77
06-25-2008, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Graham is horrible about sitting on their hind parts and giving it the old english golf clap ever once and a while and NO yelling. When we go out of town- our group has to warn everyone behind us that, "we will be standing and yelling the whole time so if you do not like that, then you better find another place to sit." It has improved over the years, because the fans are younger, but we still have a long way to go. Graham tends to be an 'older' town that doesn't like change.
Becareful when you play at Synder! We like to stand and yelling the whole time too, but the last time we played at Snyder the police were called to make our high school kids sit down during the game.:( :( :(

bwdlionfan
06-25-2008, 01:54 PM
Brownwood fans travel well (when the team is doing good) and always fill the home side when playing at home. At home games we probably rarely don't fill up our side of the stadium (stadium seats 7,800), so always atleast half of that. For out of town games it depends. Games with Stephenville in the past have seen 12,000-13,000 people at them between the two schools. And they're loud. Stephenville with their cans, Bwood with their bells... you can see the bands playing but can't really hear them. My college roomate went with me a couple years and said it was like a small college type atmosphere, said if his high school had had anywhere near that support he woulda gone to games in high school too. He went to 5A Dallas Skyline in high school. When Brownwood played Waco High in the 4th round 2 years ago IN Waco, Brownwood brought more fans than Waco did. I woulda guessed 6-7K just on our side for that game. I think in 3A we'll see larger crowds. We packed out Copperas Cove's stadium last year.

trojan37
06-25-2008, 02:43 PM
Well it's a rivalry we have with them. They are obviously a "ghetto type" school with more of a mix of ethnic groups. We are very much primarily a white school. Like well over 90% white. So they always feel like we're the rich white kids who look down on them because they are more minority than we are. It's pretty ridiculous. And leading up to the Region finals this year, the Waco paper ran a ridiculous article about it being a battle of thugs vs. snobs.

"Ghetto type" School?:doh:

RedWhiteBlue
06-25-2008, 02:46 PM
Did we flashback to 1950 something and I missed it???:confused:

Ranger Mom
06-25-2008, 02:48 PM
"Ghetto type" School?:doh:

I remember back when Cuero and Abilene Wylie played for State and The Abilene newspaper (I think that was who it was) had an article outlining the differences in both towns.....as far as economy, average wages, etc.......there were some PISSED people about all that!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Old Tiger
06-25-2008, 03:46 PM
I remember back when Cuero and Abilene Wylie played for State and The Abilene newspaper (I think that was who it was) had an article outlining the differences in both towns.....as far as economy, average wages, etc.......there were some PISSED people about all that!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: The Miami Herald did that when SLC played Miami Northwestern it was a poorly written article IMO.

Speaking of which Miami Northwestern had the best non 3a fans to travel all the way from South Florida to Texas to watch a 3a game....

garciap77
06-25-2008, 04:23 PM
I remember back when Cuero and Abilene Wylie played for State and The Abilene newspaper (I think that was who it was) had an article outlining the differences in both towns.....as far as economy, average wages, etc.......there were some PISSED people about all that!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

I think that happended the first time we played Everman in 2000! You would think the Abilene Report News would have learned not to do it again.:(