PDA

View Full Version : Bayou Bowl Result

ronwx5x
06-24-2008, 08:25 AM
Texas over Louisiana 24-14. I watched part of it on FSN, but a bit slow. Crowd appeared very small. It was played in Stallworth Stadium in Baytown last night.

sahen
06-24-2008, 08:53 AM
it was played june 7th...i was there, the crowd was smaller than in years past cause they didnt advertise it as well this year....

BwdLions
06-24-2008, 11:44 AM
For some reason, no one cares about these all-star games against other states. Unless you have a kid playing, or you live in the neighborhood of the stadium, people just don't care.

If they played one game with the best talent in the state, and played it in Texas Stadium or Reliant Stadium, I think it'd be a different story.

JasperDog94
06-24-2008, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
If they played one game with the best talent in the state, and played it in Texas Stadium or Reliant Stadium, I think it'd be a different story. :iagree:

sahen
06-24-2008, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
For some reason, no one cares about these all-star games against other states. Unless you have a kid playing, or you live in the neighborhood of the stadium, people just don't care.

If they played one game with the best talent in the state, and played it in Texas Stadium or Reliant Stadium, I think it'd be a different story.

by not as well attended by other years i mean there was probably 6 or 7 thousand there as opposed to the normal 8 or 9....Stallworth sits 16,500, so it can look pretty empty and spread out when only a semi-decent amount of people go...i'd say the Bayou Bowl interests both Southeast Texas and Louisiana, which is who it is geared to interest since thats the players that play in the game...its Louisiana's only allstar game apparantly, so they travel decently and the Southeast Texas and Baytown locals come out to get their football fix in June every year, just bad publicity this year caused a lotta people to not even know it was going on....

anyway, what you are proposing is good in practice but Texas is huge, it'd be hard to get one team together w/o a lotta of arguments and such not to mention, which state do they play....

JasperDog94
06-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by sahen
which state do they play.... All the rest put together.:D

sahen
06-24-2008, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
All the rest put together.:D

i'd be for that...but they have that for college i think so i guess we just have to wait a few years to see it...

also there is no rule why we cant have that game and the other ones we have...the Texas team at the Bayou Bowl had maybe 5 or 6 playing that would be on a true Texas AllStar roster (im guessing, maybe as many as 10 or as little as 2 i dont really know)...same is true of most other games so y cant there be one big one and the other small ones...

ronwx5x
06-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by sahen
i'd be for that...but they have that for college i think so i guess we just have to wait a few years to see it...

also there is no rule why we cant have that game and the other ones we have...the Texas team at the Bayou Bowl had maybe 5 or 6 playing that would be on a true Texas AllStar roster (im guessing, maybe as many as 10 or as little as 2 i dont really know)...same is true of most other games so y cant there be one big one and the other small ones...

Along with the complaints about location, how about cost? Those boys would all have to unite somewhere to practice, which entails hotels and giant meals (teenage boys, right?), not to mention travel costs.

piratebg
06-24-2008, 02:56 PM
I saw it on NFL Network a couple of weeks ago. The game was pretty good, but the crowd did look small.