PDA

View Full Version : Garland killings netted the suspects $2...

kaorder1999
06-24-2008, 01:26 AM
Suspects say Garland recording studio killings netted them 'just $2'

01:22 AM CDT on Tuesday, June 24, 2008
By JASON TRAHAN / The Dallas Morning News
jtrahan@dallasnews.com

Two dollars.

That's how much Demarius Cummings said he found in the pockets of two Christian-music producers whom his cousin James Broadnax, speaking in a separate jailhouse interview, admitted gunning down early Thursday in Garland.

The 19-year-old suspects gave interviews Monday at the Dallas County Jail, where each is being held on $1 million bail.

Both are charged with capital murder.

"I murdered both of them," said Mr. Broadnax, of Texarkana, Ark., referring to Matthew Butler, 28, and Stephen Swan, 26. "No hesitation or nothing."

Mr. Cummings, of Dallas, said he would not be surprised to get the death penalty.

"If that's what it is, justice has to be served," he said. "It wasn't the plan to kill them; it was just to rob them.

"I feel regretful. I feel for the family, or whatever."

The motive, both men said, was money.

On Wednesday evening, the cousins took a train from Dallas to downtown Garland looking for people to rob, they said.

"Let's just say, I was in a bind," Mr. Broadnax said. "I needed money. I needed a car.

"They were in the wrong spot at the wrong [expletive] time," he said of the victims. "They should have had their [expletive] at home."

After watching Mr. Broadnax speak on the TV news Monday evening, David Colunga, stepfather of Mr. Butler's wife, said he was "at a loss for words."

"Two dollars. It's heartbreaking," Mr. Colunga said. "All I can say is that hopefully Mr. Broadnax realizes he took a father away from his kids. Hopefully, he can find some kind of peace within himself."

Mr. Butler left a 2-year-old son and a 1-year-old daughter. Mr. Swan was single and had no children.

A bicyclist found their bodies just after 1 a.m. Thursday outside Mr. Butler's studio in the 800 block of State Street in downtown Garland.

The day after the slayings, the two suspects visited the Dallas apartment of Mr. Cummings' aunt, who overheard them bragging about "hitting a lick," or committing a robbery.

She wrote down the license plate of Mr. Swan's 1995 Crown Victoria, which they were driving.

She also picked up Mr. Swan's driver's license, which the men tossed as they were leaving her apartment.

A few hours later, police in Texarkana, Texas, pulled over the Crown Victoria for a traffic offense.

When they ran the car's tags, police realized that it belonged to a murder victim.

Mr. Cummings has prior arrests on charges of vehicle and home burglary. Public records show no criminal history for Mr. Broadnax.

On Wednesday night, Mr. Broadnax and Mr. Cummings were about to abandon their hunt for someone to rob when they struck up a conversation with Mr. Butler, owner of Zion Gate Records, and Mr. Swan, his sound engineer, outside the studio.

The two victims talked for a half-hour or more about their studio and the fact that they were Christians.

Finally, the cousins made their move. Mr. Broadnax said he asked one of the men for a cigarette, then pulled out a gun.

Initially during Monday's interview, Mr. Broadnax said he "blanked out" when he began shooting.

Later, he described the shootings in profanity-laced detail, recalling how he fired multiple times to make "sure they were dead."

After driving off in Mr. Swan's car, Mr. Cummings said, he and his cousin were disappointed in the small amount of money they had gotten.

"Like, 'Man, just $2!' " Mr. Cummings recalled Mr. Broadnax saying. "I said the same thing: 'Two dollars!' "

Mr. Cummings said they hoped to fetch more by taking the car to a chop shop in Texarkana.

Mr. Broadnax said he began the night expecting to take a life.

"Somebody was going to get hit any way it went," he said.

He scoffed when asked if he was sorry. "Do it look like I got remorse?" he said.

Elizabeth Colunga, Mr. Butler's mother-in-law, said she had no opinion on whether the two suspects should face the death penalty.

"I'm hurting right now," she said. "My daughter is hurting right now. My grandbabies are hurting. They cry every night for Daddy.

"I cannot take one ounce of energy in my body and waste it on thoughts on these two men."

Rebecca Lopez of WFAA-TV (Channel 8) contributed to this report

Watch Video Footage of interview.... (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/062408dnmetgarslayings.329e7ca2.html)

bwdlionfan
06-24-2008, 01:48 AM
Wow, those two are perfect examples of why we need the death penalty. Only I wish they could be executed inhumanely.

Johnny 5
06-24-2008, 03:34 AM
dbl post

Johnny 5
06-24-2008, 03:34 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

jason
06-24-2008, 08:27 AM
from the article:

"I feel regretful. I feel for the family, or whatever."

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/6214/picture1zn8.jpg

their mothers must be so proud...

now the taxpayers get to pay for their 20+ years of satellite tv, air conditioned cells, and free food.....

STANG RED
06-24-2008, 09:04 AM
Here's an idea.

Take all those pit bulls that have killed people. Put them all a big pin, then drop these two loser and others just like them in the middle of them. May the best killer win.:mad:

It's hard to believe people like this are walking the streets with the rest of us every day.

Mr. Broadnax said he began the night expecting to take a life.

"Somebody was going to get hit any way it went," he said.

He scoffed when asked if he was sorry. "Do it look like I got remorse?" he said.

waterboy
06-24-2008, 09:12 AM
Too bad torture is banned.:mad: It's animals like this that have no business with rights like humans.:mad: I wish them a slow and torturous death!:mad: If I had my way, that would be the way it would happen. In no way do they deserve the right to live!:mad:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-24-2008, 09:20 AM
A lot of this is coming from the same people who want a ban on gay marriage and abortion and call themselves moral and upstanding citizens, but yet advocate torture and barbaric practices. :thinking:

STANG RED
06-24-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
A lot of this is coming from the same people who want a ban on gay marriage and abortion and call themselves moral and upstanding citizens, but yet advocate torture and barbaric practices. :thinking:

Yea your right and we are all wrong as usual. Maybe it would be better to just give these misguided youths a second chance. Maybe a halfway house next door to your family would be a more suitable place for these misunderstood young men.

And remember; you are the one that started the attack!

pirate4state
06-24-2008, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Yea your right and we are all wrong as usual. Maybe it would be better to just give these misguided youths a second chance. Maybe a halfway house next door to your family would be a more suitable place for these misunderstood young men.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

What attack? Did he single any ONE person out? Guilty much? And he isn't saying these people (and i use the term loosely) deserve to go free...he was just making an observation based on some comments.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-24-2008, 09:45 AM

I love the false generalizations and your notion that anyone was talking to you or about you. Do you feel guilty about something? Tell me how you really feel.

LH Panther Mom
06-24-2008, 09:56 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Who knew this thread would take this turn? :doh:

And feel free to jump all over me, BBDE, but by their actions, they should earn the death penalty.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-24-2008, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Who knew this thread would take this turn? :doh:

And feel free to jump all over me, BBDE, but by their actions, they should earn the death penalty.

I didn't classify the death penalty as a barbaric action, but torturing someone to death and trying to feed them to pit bulls or some other inhumane manner of execution is. ;)

I_DONT_CARE
06-24-2008, 10:04 AM
BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.....

SHEEPLE

Txbroadcaster
06-24-2008, 10:04 AM

I see what your saying but it is an apples/orange type of thing

I hate the oh how can u be agianst abortion but for the death penalty..They are not even in the same ballpark as far as a debate

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-24-2008, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

I hate the oh how can u be agianst abortion but for the death penalty..They are not even in the same ballpark as far as a debate

I'm for both, actually. Read my last post for verification. ;)

Emerson1
06-24-2008, 10:08 AM
Tell me how you really feel.
I think you suck

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-24-2008, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I think you suck

I thought you were suspended? :(

jason
06-24-2008, 10:10 AM
I thought you were suspended? :( he probably will be now

Emerson1
06-24-2008, 10:12 AM
I thought you were suspended? :(
Not anymore

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-24-2008, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by jason
he probably will be now

Wouldn't I have to be genuinely offended for a suspension to take place?

Emerson1
06-24-2008, 10:13 AM
Wouldn't I have to be genuinely offended for a suspension to take place?

That's what we thought when someone was suspended for an inside joke with Ranger_Mom that she laughed at

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-24-2008, 10:15 AM
That's what we thought when someone was suspended for an inside joke with Ranger_Mom that she laughed at

Well let me go on the record that I am not offended and take the comment as a compliment.

STANG RED
06-24-2008, 10:23 AM
I love the false generalizations and your notion that anyone was talking to you or about you. Do you feel guilty about something? Tell me how you really feel.

Not in the least. I have always stood by my convictions proudly, and always will. At least I have some convictions to stand by, which is more than I can say for some.
And the comment I made about the pit bulls was just an off the cuff remark with regard to recent topics on the board, plain and simple. I was simply equating these boys with vicious animals. I just figured most people were smart enough to figure that out, without me having to explain it. I guess I was wrong.
:doh:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-24-2008, 10:27 AM
Not in the least. I have always stood by my convictions proudly, and always will. At least I have some convictions to stand by, which is more than I can say for some.
And the comment I made about the pit bulls was just an off the cuff remark with regard to recent topics on the board, plain and simple. I was simply equating these boys with vicious animals. I just figured most people were smart enough to figure that out, without me having to explain it. I guess I was wrong.
:doh:

Oh trust me, I understood what you were trying to say completely. Understanding isn't something that has been a problem for me, it's others that need to look in the mirror and realize that it's something that they need to do. I figured most people would realize my point without me having to explain it, and fortunately some people did, but there always are and will be some who won't.

STANG RED
06-24-2008, 10:38 AM
Oh trust me, I understood what you were trying to say completely. Understanding isn't something that has been a problem for me, it's others that need to look in the mirror and realize that it's something that they need to do. I figured most people would realize my point without me having to explain it, and fortunately some people did, but there always are and will be some who won't.

Ha ha, whatever you think BBDE. Your overblown intelligence in conjunction with an almost complete lack of wisdom is astounding. But have no fear, it will take care of itself in time.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-24-2008, 10:44 AM
Ha ha, whatever you think BBDE. Your overblown intelligence in conjunction with an almost complete lack of wisdom is astounding. But have no fear, it will take care of itself in time.

I'm sorry that you disagree, that is unfortunate, but I assure you that I'm not inflating or lacking anything. I may be young, but saying that I don't know because I don't have experience is stereotypical and a weak tactic. It's also unfortunate that you seek reassurance in your convictions by trying to downplay the opinions, ideas, insight, and judgment of someone just because they are a 20 year old college student.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-24-2008, 11:12 AM

Also, I would like to take this opportunity to pass on a little wisdom to you, and that is that communication can never be taken back or forgotten. ;)

sahen
06-24-2008, 11:16 AM
Here's an idea.

Take all those pit bulls that have killed people. Put them all a big pin, then drop these two loser and others just like them in the middle of them. May the best killer win.:mad:

The Romans had it right with the Colesium and all...Bring it back! except not the whole slave thing, but ya know, replace the death penalty w/ the Colesium...

I_DONT_CARE
06-24-2008, 11:21 AM
I think you suck WOW, I FEEL THE SAME WAY ABOUT YOU!

DDBooger
06-24-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by sahen
The Romans had it right with the Colesium and all...Bring it back! except not the whole slave thing, but ya know, replace the death penalty w/ the Colesium... lol i hope you aren't Christian then, they saw their fair share of "playing time" in there! ;)

sahen
06-24-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
lol i hope you aren't Christian then, they saw their fair share of "playing time" in there! ;)

this is y i said replace the death penalty with the colesium...i definitely would not want to go back to the actual Roman laws...

and maybe not even for all death penalty cases, just the most haenus (sp?) crimes like this one...but anyway i dont know how they would judge that and we all know it isnt going to happen so no need to dwell on it....

DDBooger
06-24-2008, 11:42 AM
this is y i said replace the death penalty with the colesium...i definitely would not want to go back to the actual Roman laws...

and maybe not even for all death penalty cases, just the most haenus (sp?) crimes like this one...but anyway i dont know how they would judge that and we all know it isnt going to happen so no need to dwell on it.... ah too often the winners were glorified, don't think we'd need glorified murderers haha we got boxing, mma and football...and most are worthy of our adulation...prison rodeo was pretty cool when they had it.

mustang04
06-24-2008, 11:46 AM
just think.....if these guys would have been aborted then those other two guys would be alive

Bait.

pirate4state
06-24-2008, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
just think.....if these guys would have been aborted then those other two guys would be alive

Bait.

:tisk: :tisk:

STANG RED
06-24-2008, 11:52 AM
Also, I would like to take this opportunity to pass on a little wisdom to you, and that is that communication can never be taken back or forgotten. ;)

Nore should it be.;)

sahen
06-24-2008, 11:53 AM
ah too often the winners were glorified, don't think we'd need glorified murderers haha we got boxing, mma and football...and most are worthy of our adulation...prison rodeo was pretty cool when they had it.

ok, i dont think your thinking on teh same lines as me here...i meant bring back the Colesium in replace of the death penalty yet leave no way for the convicts to win...such as they stated in the original post w/ a bunch of pit bulls...but anyway, like i said, it aint happening so oh well..

DDBooger
06-24-2008, 12:18 PM
ok, i dont think your thinking on teh same lines as me here...i meant bring back the Colesium in replace of the death penalty yet leave no way for the convicts to win...such as they stated in the original post w/ a bunch of pit bulls...but anyway, like i said, it aint happening so oh well.. I'm just rambling man, I think I'll watch Gladiator tonight :)

jason
06-24-2008, 12:51 PM
ok, i dont think your thinking on teh same lines as me here...i meant bring back the Colesium in replace of the death penalty yet leave no way for the convicts to win...such as they stated in the original post w/ a bunch of pit bulls...but anyway, like i said, it aint happening so oh well..

they should be basted with canola oil and left in the sun for a few hours first and then tossed into the coliseum with the lions....

sahen
06-24-2008, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by jason
they should be basted with canola oil and left in the sun for a few hours first and then tossed into the coliseum with the lions....

awesome, jason gets it!

in all seriousness i wouldnt want to actually watch this now that i think of it so maybe the Colesium is a bad idea though i guess i could choose not to watch it...but still, some people i dont really think deserve a humane death and these punks are in that category...but i guess if i had to pick between letting them live and ridding society of them i'd pick the later, even if it is "peaceful"...

JasperDog94
06-24-2008, 01:02 PM

I'm for both, actually. Read my last post for verification. ;) What TX was saying (if I understood correctly) was that the hates the argument that is typically used against people who are against abortion, but are for the death penalty. Those are two completely different topics.

One is killing a convicted murderer.

One is killing an unborn child.

The only similarity is death.

ronwx5x
06-24-2008, 01:02 PM
awesome, jason gets it!

in all seriousness i wouldnt want to actually watch this now that i think of it so maybe the Colesium is a bad idea though i guess i could choose not to watch it...but still, some people i dont really think deserve a humane death and these punks are in that category...but i guess if i had to pick between letting them live and ridding society of them i'd pick the later, even if it is "peaceful"...

It appears BBDE is getting to you!:inlove:

JasperDog94
06-24-2008, 01:04 PM
awesome, jason gets it!

in all seriousness i wouldnt want to actually watch this now that i think of it so maybe the Colesium is a bad idea though i guess i could choose not to watch it...but still, some people i dont really think deserve a humane death and these punks are in that category...but i guess if i had to pick between letting them live and ridding society of them i'd pick the later, even if it is "peaceful"... What about a law that states the killer is killed in the same fashion as his/her victim(s)?

Old Tiger
06-24-2008, 01:08 PM
what makes this murder such a big deal? <honest question

ronwx5x
06-24-2008, 01:20 PM
Lack of remorse, attitude of it was their fault for being there, lack of money taken, idea that it was no big deal to the murderers,shall I go on?

Old Tiger
06-24-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Lack of remorse, attitude of it was their fault for being there, lack of money taken, idea that it was no big deal to the murderers,shall I go on? aren't there a lot of muders/murderers with the same attitude?

or is it because they killed christian music producers?

ronwx5x
06-24-2008, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
aren't there a lot of muders/murderers with the same attitude?

or is it because they killed christian music producers?

Are you trying to pick a fight or truly looking for a reason? :confused: :confused:

Old Tiger
06-24-2008, 01:28 PM
Are you trying to pick a fight or truly looking for a reason? :confused: :confused: a reason....if an argument comes with the reason then so be it

ronwx5x
06-24-2008, 01:32 PM
a reason....if an argument comes with the reason then so be it

I thought I gave several reasons already:

Lack of remorse, attitude of it was their fault for being there, lack of money taken, idea that it was no big deal to the murderers,shall I go on?

I'm not sure if "because they were Christians" was part of the reason but it is certainly possible. If so, it was only part, not the entire reason.

jason
06-24-2008, 01:33 PM
what makes this murder such a big deal? <honest question i think that its the fact that, rather than going out and finding a JOB - they would rather rob and kill somebody....

and it wasnt a robbery where they accidentally shot the 2 men, they had planned on doing that anyways....

Old Tiger
06-24-2008, 01:34 PM
I thought I gave several reasons already:

I'm not sure if "because they were Christians" was part of the reason but it is certainly possible. If so, it was only part, not the entire reason. and as i stated earlier...don't all murderers show lack of those things you listed?
i

ronwx5x
06-24-2008, 01:39 PM
and as i stated earlier...don't all murderers show lack of those things you listed?
i

I did not realize we were talking about ALL murders. I'm not qualified to answer that question and was I merely postulating an opinion on this particular one. For answers to such a universal question, I bow to higher authority! :)

Old Tiger
06-24-2008, 01:40 PM
I did not realize we were talking about ALL murders. I'm not qualified to answer that question and was I merely postulating an opinion on this particular one. For answers to such a universal question, I bow to higher authority! :) well played sir...

ronwx5x
06-24-2008, 01:41 PM
well played sir...

Thank you. I am normally not that smart, I think.

BwdLions
06-24-2008, 02:03 PM

Did you read the story? If you did and you're asking this, somone had better warn your family and co-workers.

DaHop72
06-24-2008, 02:29 PM
aren't there a lot of muders/murderers with the same attitude?

or is it because they killed christian music producers? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

zebrablue2
06-24-2008, 02:39 PM

son- go look in the mirror and tell yourself it is time to grow up...

honest quote.. you are a good kid, but you ask some dumb :foul: questions..

trojan37
06-24-2008, 03:45 PM
I think they need to bring back the soldiers from Iraq, load all the thugs, gangsters, punks and whatever else we can find and load them on a plane, and send them to fight the war on terror. If they get killed in the war, uh, well, who cares.

GreenMonster
06-24-2008, 03:46 PM

I hate the oh how can u be agianst abortion but for the death penalty..They are not even in the same ballpark as far as a debate Actually, I would disagree. This all falls on one side of the fence and you shouldn't be jumping from one side to the other just because you think you can. If you are gonna be ultra conservative then be ultra conservative, don't go bi-polar and jump to the complete other end of the spectrum. Death penalty, OK. Tortured slowly, not OK. As far as abortion goes, I personally am against it. Who though am I to make that decision for everyone reguardless of the situation. Not my place, so over-all I believe in protecting a woman's right to choose. As far as gay marriages, why in the world would it matter to me who you marry?? I don't have to put up with their crap so do whatever makes you happy. I will stay with my wife and not pass judgement because as a Christian it isn't my job to judge, it is my job to spread the gospel. Yes, it is a sin to procreate with the same sex, but it is also a sin to judge these people for being sinners. The Bible teaches that no one sin is greater than another. Because of this, I will mind my own business and meet my fate that St. Peter hands down when my time comes.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-24-2008, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Actually, I would disagree. This all falls on one side of the fence and you shouldn't be jumping from one side to the other just because you think you can. If you are gonna be ultra conservative then be ultra conservative, don't go bi-polar and jump to the complete other end of the spectrum. Death penalty, OK. Tortured slowly, not OK. As far as abortion goes, I personally am against it. Who though am I to make that decision for everyone reguardless of the situation. Not my place, so over-all I believe in protecting a woman's right to choose. As far as gay marriages, why in the world would it matter to me who you marry?? I don't have to put up with their crap so do whatever makes you happy. I will stay with my wife and not pass judgement because as a Christian it isn't my job to judge, it is my job to spread the gospel. Yes, it is a sin to procreate with the same sex, but it is also a sin to judge these people for being sinners. The Bible teaches that no one sin is greater than another. Because of this, I will mind my own business and meet my fate that St. Peter hands down when my time comes.

You just got FANTOM'ed!

Old Tiger
06-24-2008, 03:54 PM
Actually, I would disagree. This all falls on one side of the fence and you shouldn't be jumping from one side to the other just because you think you can. If you are gonna be ultra conservative then be ultra conservative, don't go bi-polar and jump to the complete other end of the spectrum. Death penalty, OK. Tortured slowly, not OK. As far as abortion goes, I personally am against it. Who though am I to make that decision for everyone reguardless of the situation. Not my place, so over-all I believe in protecting a woman's right to choose. As far as gay marriages, why in the world would it matter to me who you marry?? I don't have to put up with their crap so do whatever makes you happy. I will stay with my wife and not pass judgement because as a Christian it isn't my job to judge, it is my job to spread the gospel. Yes, it is a sin to procreate with the same sex, but it is also a sin to judge these people for being sinners. The Bible teaches that no one sin is greater than another. Because of this, I will mind my own business and meet my fate that St. Peter hands down when my time comes. now go watch fox news too! :D

Txbroadcaster
06-24-2008, 04:00 PM
Actually, I would disagree. This all falls on one side of the fence and you shouldn't be jumping from one side to the other just because you think you can. If you are gonna be ultra conservative then be ultra conservative, don't go bi-polar and jump to the complete other end of the spectrum. Death penalty, OK. Tortured slowly, not OK. As far as abortion goes, I personally am against it. Who though am I to make that decision for everyone reguardless of the situation. Not my place, so over-all I believe in protecting a woman's right to choose. As far as gay marriages, why in the world would it matter to me who you marry?? I don't have to put up with their crap so do whatever makes you happy. I will stay with my wife and not pass judgement because as a Christian it isn't my job to judge, it is my job to spread the gospel. Yes, it is a sin to procreate with the same sex, but it is also a sin to judge these people for being sinners. The Bible teaches that no one sin is greater than another. Because of this, I will mind my own business and meet my fate that St. Peter hands down when my time comes.

uhh where did I say I was ultra anything? Look at my many posts saying who someone marries should not matter..Or that I dont like ANY politican telling me what My moral belief should be

I was referring to ONE point in about abortion/death penalty..Which I simply said I dont like the you must be either for both or agianst both..they are two seperate debates IMO

GreenMonster
06-24-2008, 04:07 PM
uhh where did I say I was ultra anything? Look at my many posts saying who someone marries should not matter..Or that I dont like ANY politican telling me what My moral belief should be

I was referring to ONE point in about abortion/death penalty..Which I simply said I dont like the you must be either for both or agianst both..they are two seperate debates IMO no no Terry, I'm not pointing any fingers at you. Sorry, I just quoted your post because of the apples to oranges part made me think back to what some of the other guys were saying and I wanted to support Gary for pointing out that the same people with the ultra conservative beliefs on gay marriage were the ones overly outraged wanting these 2 killers thrown into a pit with every pit bull that had killed. Really, I'm not trying to lump you in with them. Sorry, you just kinda got hit with friendly fire without any intent. :D

Old Tiger
06-24-2008, 04:11 PM
abort babies to reduce over population

GreenMonster
06-24-2008, 04:13 PM
abort babies to reduce over population It works for China:eek:

JasperDog94
06-24-2008, 04:14 PM
I will stay with my wife and not pass judgement because as a Christian it isn't my job to judge, it is my job to spread the gospel. There is a big difference between judging someone and standing up for what is right. The Bible is clear that homosexuality is wrong. Therefore I am not judging someone when I say what they are doing is wrong. God's Word says it. I am just proclaiming God's Word. And just as when I sin and someone calls me on it, they are not judging me.

That said, there is a right way and a wrong way to go about it. If you are confronting someone about their sin because you care about them, then that is not a sin. If you confront someone about their sin because you don't like them or you have hatred in your heart, then that would be the wrong way.

The whole abortion thing basically boils down to this: When does life begin? Everyone has to answer that question for themselves. I believe the Bible is clear about the beginnings of life, but I understand that not everyone believes the Bible. I do not see how anyone could believe that the Bible is God's Word AND believe that it is a woman's right to choose.

SWMustang
06-24-2008, 04:32 PM
Yes, it is a sin to procreate with the same sex,

how do they do that :confused: :D

SWMustang
06-24-2008, 04:37 PM

Bait.

:doh: Actually it sounds ok to me. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess these guys came from the rough part of town - given their callous response to the crime. Not really the people that bother to have the abortion. But you weren't really looking for legitimate argument were you? - you were just pot stirring ;)

Ranger Mom
06-24-2008, 04:41 PM
It works for China:eek:

and if the vacuum doesn't get them before birth....they can always drown them afterwards!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BwdLions
06-24-2008, 04:43 PM
abort babies to reduce over population

Yeah, if your mother would have made that choice, we wouldn't be reading dumb statements like this one.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-24-2008, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Yeah, if your mother would have made that choice, we wouldn't be reading dumb statements like this one.

I like you.

waterboy
06-24-2008, 04:49 PM
This is amazing to me. How can people in their right mind defend these punks? All the intelligence in the world will not make you wise. Experience, along with that intelligence helps to make you wise. The more experience you have the more you'll realize that there are some things you will never be able to explain. There are things in this world that you will never find tangible evidence to support or disprove. It's just a fact of life. I will never think (for lack of a better term) like those people who believe abortion is okay (except in the cases of rape or incest), same-sex marriage, and all persons deserve a chance to be rehabilitated even when they murder in cold blood with no remorse. Sorry (not really), but I will never, and they can argue all they want, believe like those people do. I believe in a higher power and He (meaning God) is the ultimate judge, and anything I make a judgement about is backed up by His teachings in the Bible. So, no, I'm not the one making the judgments here on this earth, even if it seems to some of the mislead persons that I am -- God is. It seems to me that the only judgements about people posting on here are those who don't know the ultimate Judge personally as I do. So shoot your best shot ---- your point is MOOT!

DDBooger
06-24-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
This is amazing to me. How can people in their right mind defend these punks? All the intelligence in the world will not make you wise. Experience, along with that intelligence helps to make you wise. The more experience you have the more you'll realize that there are some things you will never be able to explain. There are things in this world that you will never find tangible evidence to support or disprove. It's just a fact of life. I will never think (for lack of a better term) like those people who believe abortion is okay (except in the cases of rape or incest), same-sex marriage, and all persons deserve a chance to be rehabilitated even when they murder in cold blood with no remorse. Sorry (not really), but I will never, and they can argue all they want, believe like those people do. I believe in a higher power and He (meaning God) is the ultimate judge, and anything I make a judgement about is backed up by His teachings in the Bible. So, no, I'm not the one making the judgments here on this earth, even if it seems to some of the mislead persons that I am -- God is. It seems to me that the only judgements about people posting on here are those who don't know the ultimate Judge personally as I do. So shoot your best shot ---- your point is MOOT! tell him hi for me:):wave:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-24-2008, 04:56 PM
This is amazing to me. How can people in their right mind defend these punks? All the intelligence in the world will not make you wise. Experience, along with that intelligence helps to make you wise. The more experience you have the more you'll realize that there are some things you will never be able to explain. There are things in this world that you will never find tangible evidence to support or disprove. It's just a fact of life. I will never think (for lack of a better term) like those people who believe abortion is okay (except in the cases of rape or incest), same-sex marriage, and all persons deserve a chance to be rehabilitated even when they murder in cold blood with no remorse. Sorry (not really), but I will never, and they can argue all they want, believe like those people do. I believe in a higher power and He (meaning God) is the ultimate judge, and anything I make a judgement about is backed up by His teachings in the Bible. So, no, I'm not the one making the judgments here on this earth, even if it seems to some of the mislead persons that I am -- God is. It seems to me that the only judgements about people posting on here are those who don't know the ultimate Judge personally as I do. So shoot your best shot ---- your point is MOOT!

Where did anyone defend them? Also, you're as much entitled to your right of thinking your morals are superior and righteous as I am to believe that everyone deserves a right to choose how they live their lives to their own standards. I know in my heart that I live a good, upstanding life and that's enough for me, and what other people do with theirs is up to them to decide, they're going to have to live with the consequences or rewards that are associated with it. That's what being an American is all about, and last time I checked being an American is not necessarily being a Christian, it's about being yourself and having the choice to do things that you want to do and want to be. If your relationship with God is so close, then I suggest that you read Green Monster's post very thoroughly and carefully because you might have some religious revelations ;).

waterboy
06-24-2008, 04:57 PM
tell him hi for me:):wave:
You coming?:D I tell him "hi" everyday!:D

waterboy
06-24-2008, 05:15 PM
Where did anyone defend them? Also, you're as much entitled to your right of thinking your morals are superior and righteous as I am to believe that everyone deserves a right to choose how they live their lives to their own standards. I know in my heart that I live a good, upstanding life and that's enough for me, and what other people do with theirs is up to them to decide, they're going to have to live with the consequences or rewards that are associated with it. That's what being an American is all about, and last time I checked being an American is not necessarily being a Christian, it's about being yourself and having the choice to do things that you want to do and want to be. If your relationship with God is so close, then I suggest that you read Green Monster's post very thoroughly and carefully because you might have some religious revelations ;).
To me it's not about being morally superior or self-righteous, it's about just plain being right in a natural way. I do agree that people have the right to live their own life, it's called freedom of choice. That doesn't make their choices right, just that they have that choice. I will never condone unnatural behavior, nor will I ever have the power to stop them. As long as their beliefs are not FORCED on me, I will not keep them from their lifestyles. When a government tries to force me to believe it's okay, that's when it bothers me, and I will fight for what I believe in! Yes, I am a Christian, but I am in no way trying to force my Christianity on anyone. As far as revelations, I have had my share of ups and downs, and times of turmoil, believe me when I tell you this. I'm a very intelligent man who has made bad choices throughout my life and have paid my dues (and sometimes still am paying). The changes I've made in my life were because I found something that every man seeks, whether he believes or not. I think everybody will come to a crossroad in their life, which path you take depends on you. That what freedom is all about. I'm just happy I made the RIGHT choice!:cool: :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-24-2008, 05:23 PM
To me it's not about being morally superior or self-righteous, it's about just plain being right in a natural way. I do agree that people have the right to live their own life, it's called freedom of choice. That doesn't make their choices right, just that they have that choice. I will never condone unnatural behavior, nor will I ever have the power to stop them. As long as their beliefs are not FORCED on me, I will not keep them from their lifestyles. When a government tries to force me to believe it's okay, that's when it bothers me, and I will fight for what I believe in! Yes, I am a Christian, but I am in no way trying to force my Christianity on anyone. As far as revelations, I have had my share of ups and downs, and times of turmoil, believe me when I tell you this. I'm a very intelligent man who has made bad choices throughout my life and have paid my dues (and sometimes still am paying). The changes I've made in my life were because I found something that every man seeks, whether he believes or not. I think everybody will come to a crossroad in their life, which path you take depends on you. That what freedom is all about. I'm just happy I made the RIGHT choice!:cool: :D

I'm glad you are opinionated.

AP Panther Fan
06-24-2008, 05:26 PM

Bait.

Now see what you have gone and done...it took awhile, but still!:doh:

SWMustang
06-24-2008, 05:34 PM
I'm glad you are opinionated.

Are you getting old Gary? You're taking a laid back, logically thought, non accusatory, approach to debating. :thinking: All right poser, where's the real Gary?

BobcatBenny
06-24-2008, 05:42 PM
You make an excellent point. These guys are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Then if they are found to be guilty, and they have expired all of their appeals, my guess is they will be executed.

We live a dangerous world. This story should serve as a warning to those whose house is not in order, to be ready for death. It will take you like a thief in the night.

I am thankful the two that were murdered are in paradise.

And ... we should all hope and pray that these two are given enough time to be ministered to, so they they too may be one with the Lord and Savior before their deaths.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-24-2008, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
Are you getting old Gary? You're taking a laid back, logically thought, non accusatory, approach to debating. :thinking: All right poser, where's the real Gary?

Hahaha, I murdered him and buried the body, but I'm never going to tell where.

Footballhudini
06-24-2008, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
You make an excellent point. These guys are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Then if they are found to be guilty, and they have expired all of their appeals, my guess is they will be executed.

We live a dangerous world. This story should serve as a warning to those whose house is not in order, to be ready for death. It will take you like a thief in the night.

I am thankful the two that were murdered are in paradise.

<b>And ... we should all hope and pray that these two are given enough time to be ministered to, so they they too may be one with the Lord and Savior before their deaths.</b>

After 6 pages of non-stop reading, I FINALLY come across a response worth noting. As far as I'm concerned (And, though I may not be the 'perfect' Christian, I do hold my religious beliefs in accordance with Christ's Church), the only unforgivable sin is blasphemy against the holy spirit (Matthew 12:31).. and that was happening a long time ago (Like.. centuries ago LOL).

<p> By no means am I saying we spare them whatever penalty any such jury/judge would deem necessary (LOL... a judge, how anti-Matthew 7:1). However, shouldn't we at least give them a chance to make amends with whatever higher spiritual being they may admire before they part ways with Life on Earth?