PDA

View Full Version : What do yall think??? Interesting story here!

kaorder1999
04-02-2002, 01:52 AM
Well, I;ve been reading on some other message boards that Edorian (the North Garland kid) is 20 years old. A lot of the people seem to believe that it doesn;t make a difference that Blanton is that much younger than him. My point is that between the years of 18 and 20 a young mans body matures so much physically and muscles mature a great amount. Other people on the board dont seem to believe that!

What do yall think?

Old Green
04-02-2002, 06:48 AM
Does anyone know what the UIL rules are concerning this age question. I have been reading a lot about this Edorian being 20. 4 years ago CalAllen had a good running back that was 20 also.
I agree a young mans body does develope substantially in that age bracket.

[This message has been edited by Old Green (edited April 02, 2002).]

Rabbit_93
04-02-2002, 03:26 PM
KAorder I thought the UIL cutoff was 19.

kaorder1999
04-02-2002, 03:32 PM
I also thought that....I've always been told that if the athlee turns 19 before Septemeber than they are not eligible.

eye of the tiger
04-02-2002, 06:03 PM
found this on the UIL page.

Eligibility for Athletic Contests

meet all the requirements above,
are less than 19 years old on September 1 preceding the contest,
live with their parents inside the school district attendance zone their first year of attendance (see your school administrator for exceptions),
have not moved for athletic purposes,
have not violated the athletic amateur rule*,
were eligible according to the fifteen day rule and the residence rule prior to district certification

kaorder1999
04-02-2002, 06:23 PM
Intersting Eye of the Tiger--I wonder how he got eligible....just doesn't seem right!

Jacket2000
04-02-2002, 07:27 PM
Ennis WR Broderick Jones got a special waver from the UIL to compete his Sr year. Maybe he was able to do the same thing.
J2K

kaorder1999
04-02-2002, 09:28 PM
yeah...Edorian got a waiver to play....people at another site just don't listen too well....I mentioned that Edorian was at an advantage physically beign 20 years old and everybody, including Dabryans uncle have jumped on my A$$. They are turning it into a personal issue. Sure, Im sure that Edorian is a great guy. Im sure that he has a lot of class. But....he IS at an advantage being 20. they tend to ignore the fact. My point is....if age isnt improtant...then why does UIL have guidelines as far as age? If age isnt important, why do they have to get waivers to play their senior year?

eye of the tiger
04-02-2002, 09:34 PM
There are many sophs and even some juniors I know at A&M-Commerce that are 20. The age advantage he has on Blanton seems large to me. I dont understand what kind of waiver could be given.

kaorder1999
04-02-2002, 10:09 PM
exactly....thats what i dont understand. I dont know..the way i look at it...if one person is allowed to play thats 20 everybody hould be able to play. I dont know how the UIL handles appeals where over aged people get to play.

Rabbit_93
04-02-2002, 10:11 PM
The way I see it is....A young man goes through tremendous physical changes in his early twenties. Some sooner or later than others. The fact is that this may give him an advantage on other guys younger than he is. I think it's great that this guy can fly and is from Texas but I don't think you shoud let men and boys compete.