PDA

View Full Version : My Baby Turns 18 Today

Sftball4Life
06-23-2008, 09:21 AM
Where does the time go??? :bigcry:

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk106/watznext/scan0002.jpg

44INAROW
06-23-2008, 09:22 AM
Not sure where it goes, but sure goes there quickly.... Hope she has a great birthday ;)

pirate4state
06-23-2008, 09:30 AM
Happy Birthday to your baby

eppy 12
06-23-2008, 09:31 AM
beautiful young lady Sftball4Life.

AP Panther Fan
06-23-2008, 09:36 AM
Happy Birthday to her.....she has beautiful, green eyes!:)

Sftball4Life
06-23-2008, 09:47 AM
Thanks everybody. I'm weepy-eyed today. It feels like your heart barely has time to beat and you turn around and look at the most beautiful young woman you've ever seen..... I'm so very proud of her and just can't wait to see what her future holds - but it's so freakin' painful sometimes.......

can you tell I'm the single mom of an only child.... :weeping:

she'll always be my baby tho

Old Tiger
06-23-2008, 01:42 PM
i thought this was going to be a then/now pictrue :(

AP Panther Fan
06-23-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
i thought this was going to be a then/now pictrue :(

hahaha...I'm psychic....I have a feeling she has green eyes.

:D

Old Tiger
06-23-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

:D perhaps...but i'm not sure i'll need to see a more recent picture to be absolutely sure :p

AP Panther Fan
06-23-2008, 01:52 PM
I am getting the feeling that she likes the color pink too......:D

Old Tiger
06-23-2008, 01:53 PM
I am getting the feeling that she likes the color pink too......:D how do you know this?

are you a witch? use your devil magic!

Sftball4Life
06-23-2008, 02:05 PM
I had a "now" pic of a pretty green-eyed blonde on here - but took a friend's advice and removed it so I didn't get swarmed with address and email requests...... haha

Sftball4Life
06-23-2008, 02:08 PM
I am getting the feeling that she likes the color pink too......:D

That's a pretty good memory AP - I didn't even pay attention to her wearing pink in both pics....

AP Panther Fan
06-23-2008, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Sftball4Life
I had a "now" pic of a pretty green-eyed blonde on here - but took a friend's advice and removed it so I didn't get swarmed with address and email requests...... haha

I have a feeling...call it a sneaking suspicion...GoBlue would have been the first to ask;) :D

Old Tiger
06-23-2008, 02:14 PM
I have a feeling...call it a sneaking suspician...GoBlue would have been the first to ask;) :D nah that's to much work...you gotta let the ladies come to you ;) lol

DaHop72
06-23-2008, 02:22 PM

:D I bet she is a blonde and a very attractive young lady as well.;)

pirate4state
06-23-2008, 02:25 PM
I have a feeling...call it a sneaking suspicion...GoBlue would have been the first to ask;) :D or emerson or bbde or mustang04 or ..... ;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-23-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
or emerson or bbde or mustang04 or ..... ;)

Hahaha....

I can't help it, I'm a guy. If she's going to be a senior in high school, then I'm not even going to ask, an since she is just turning 18 it's questionable and I don't want to get into that sort of a situation. ;)

Sftball4Life
06-23-2008, 04:22 PM
Just graduated 9th out of 153 in her class - headed to college to major in physical therapy.....

Old Tiger
06-23-2008, 04:23 PM
Just graduated 9th out of 153 in her class - headed to college to major in physical therapy..... what college?

and congrats and happy birthday(i think i failed to mention the birthday thing earlier)

Sftball4Life
06-23-2008, 04:24 PM
University of Central Arkansas

Old Tiger
06-23-2008, 04:25 PM
University of Central Arkansas at least it isn't pig U

Sftball4Life
06-23-2008, 04:26 PM

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-23-2008, 06:27 PM
Just graduated 9th out of 153 in her class - headed to college to major in physical therapy.....

So basically you're just wanting to have me ask to see what she looks like?

zebrablue2
06-23-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Happy Birthday to your baby

:ditto:

lepfan
06-23-2008, 09:38 PM
My baby turns 17 today!!! Time does fly now doesn't... :(

Emerson1
06-23-2008, 09:39 PM
What is her myspace? I want to wish her a Happy Bday :D

DaHop72
06-23-2008, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
So basically you're just wanting to have me ask to see what she looks like? You snooze you lose fencepost, she's a beautiful young lady. :thumbsup:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-24-2008, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
You snooze you lose fencepost, she's a beautiful young lady. :thumbsup:

You should hook me up Hops, you know I'm worthy. ;)

BILLYFRED0000
06-24-2008, 09:26 AM
I will never know. My oldest 23 is now a wife. My number 2 at 21
is close to same. my number 3 is 10 and I do have a son at 7. At least I can relate to him........LOL

Ranger Mom
06-24-2008, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
is close to same. my number 3 is 10 and I do have a son at 7. At least I can relate to him........LOL

WOW! Yours are scattered out!!

My kids are 22, 20 and 19. My step sons are 19 and 21. All of their combined birthday's are within 3 years and 3 months of each other!!!

AP Panther Fan
06-24-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000

Someone would have to shoot me.;)

BILLYFRED0000
06-24-2008, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
WOW! Yours are scattered out!!

My kids are 22, 20 and 19. My step sons are 19 and 21. All of their combined birthday's are within 3 years and 3 months of each other!!!

Well its a long story. But when June 10 was born the older sisters loved her but were not quite the same as being close to her age. So we decided on another one and voila had a boy. Now that was a switch.

Sftball4Life
06-24-2008, 09:39 AM
WOW - I have nothing but respect for parents with full houses. I don't know how you keep up. My one kept me running through hoops. Basketball, softball, travel softball, honor society, key club, student council, yearbook...... on and on and on... practices, games, meetings, projects.....

I'll miss her terribly - but it will probably be nice to have a chance to catch my breath.... and fortunately, she'll only be a few hours away - so I'm sure I'll see her before the semester break... ;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-24-2008, 09:43 AM
WOW - I have nothing but respect for parents with full houses. I don't know how you keep up. My one kept me running through hoops. Basketball, softball, travel softball, honor society, key club, student council, yearbook...... on and on and on... practices, games, meetings, projects.....

I'll miss her terribly - but it will probably be nice to have a chance to catch my breath.... and fortunately, she'll only be a few hours away - so I'm sure I'll see her before the semester break... ;)

So are you going to hook me up or what? :D

AP Panther Fan
06-24-2008, 09:43 AM

Warning....the trip you make to move her into the dorm is one of the most difficult you will ever take...the only thing worse is the ride back home.;)

She sounds like a wonderful, young lady and I am sure she will do great! You will too, Mom!:)

Sftball4Life
06-24-2008, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
So basically you're just wanting to have me ask to see what she looks like?

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82842

She's the front right corner with the untied shoestrings. I posted this pic at the end of May about their graduation on the softball field...

She actually has a cousin in his first year of the concert band at A & M.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-24-2008, 10:00 AM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82842

She's the front right corner with the untied shoestrings. I posted this pic at the end of May about their graduation on the softball field...

She actually has a cousin in his first year of the concert band at A & M.

Is she single? :D

Sftball4Life
06-24-2008, 10:01 AM
Warning....the trip you make to move her into the dorm is one of the most difficult you will ever take...the only thing worse is the ride back home.;)

And its in less than 2 months..... I'm dreading it SO bad. I think I may take somebody else with me to drive me home so I can cry all the way..... LOL I remember when my family drove off and left me standing in the parking lot at my dorm the first time. HORRIBLE... it was the lonliest feeling in the world. At least she won't have to go through that. Her best friend from high school is her roommate and there are a handful of kids she just graduated with also going to UCA. I'm thankful for that. She'll adjust really well. Me - on the other hand - well, it will just be interesing to see who I turn out to be after 18 years of just being "Coop's Mom".... haha

Sftball4Life
06-24-2008, 10:04 AM
She is single Big Blue.... looking at 7 years of school for physical therapy.... she's very focused.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-24-2008, 10:08 AM
She is single Big Blue.... looking at 7 years of school for physical therapy.... she's very focused.

Hmm....:thinking:

I have four years left myself, two undergrad and two in law school. It seems like I have been in school forever. I'm actually staying an extra semester to finish up my eligibility for football...maybe I will double major with the extra time I'm going to have, so actually I have 4.5.

Sftball4Life
06-24-2008, 10:15 AM
Sounds very impressive! Good for you. I hope mine will figure out how to manage her time as wisely... ;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-24-2008, 10:17 AM
Sounds very impressive! Good for you. I hope mine will figure out how to manage her time as wisely... ;)

Haha I've been in college for two years and I have yet to be able to do that. I procrastinate a lot, especially with studying.

Sftball4Life
06-24-2008, 10:20 AM
The ever-popular art of procrastination.... sounds totally familiar. :dispntd:

She's already earned a degree in that... haha

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-24-2008, 10:22 AM

Yeah well if she's anything like me then she will earn her masters degree in college.

BreckTxLonghorn
06-24-2008, 10:23 AM

Well hell, ANYONE can do it by planning in advance!

It takes a special person to be able to do it at the last minute, and just as well as the others. Its how I got through college. :D

Sftball4Life
06-24-2008, 10:25 AM
You all give me great hope that she'll succeed!!! HOORAY!!!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-24-2008, 10:28 AM
You all give me great hope that she'll succeed!!! HOORAY!!!

Hahaha, nothing wrong with a little living proof. ;)

Sftball4Life
06-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Hey - that's what I'm talking about!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-24-2008, 10:31 AM
Hey - that's what I'm talking about!

You should convince her to transfer to A&M. ;)

Sftball4Life
06-24-2008, 10:35 AM
WAY too expensive..... and TOO big....

We went to a home football game where the freshman band members could have family members sit with them. She was supposed to march in with her cousin - but got separated from him outside the stadium. OMG - I didn't think we'd ever see her again. We were talking on cell phones and I'm asking "Where are you" and she's saying "I have NO idea". I have NEVER seen that many people in one small area of space in my life..... ROTFL

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-24-2008, 10:40 AM
WAY too expensive..... and TOO big....

We went to a home football game where the freshman band members could have family members sit with them. She was supposed to march in with her cousin - but got separated from him outside the stadium. OMG - I didn't think we'd ever see her again. We were talking on cell phones and I'm asking "Where are you" and she's saying "I have NO idea". I have NEVER seen that many people in one small area of space in my life..... ROTFL

Hahaha, yeah, I know what you mean. Kyle Field is amazing though and such a great atmosphere for a home game, but you get used to the overwhelming number of people. It's ridiculously loud on the field during a game though, but it is an experience that you will never forget.

Sftball4Life
06-24-2008, 10:51 AM
I agree. The cannon was great. The big screen with all the kids laying on the grass watching the game behind the game was great. My favorite part was the roaring of the student section. We sat at the very top section on the far end of the field across from them. They get all those towels to twisting and it makes you dizzy enough to fall down.... LOL

They had 2 fighter jets fly over when we were there. I think they were so close I could have hit them with my coke.... I told my daughter to be prepared - it would be really loud. But the sound was so delayed from looking at them right in our face until you heard it - it almost shook her to the concrete.... ROTFL

Great memories!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-24-2008, 10:56 AM
I agree. The cannon was great. The big screen with all the kids laying on the grass watching the game behind the game was great. My favorite part was the roaring of the student section. We sat at the very top section on the far end of the field across from them. They get all those towels to twisting and it makes you dizzy enough to fall down.... LOL

They had 2 fighter jets fly over when we were there. I think they were so close I could have hit them with my coke.... I told my daughter to be prepared - it would be really loud. But the sound was so delayed from looking at them right in our face until you heard it - it almost shook her to the concrete.... ROTFL

Great memories!

Oh...you sat in the nosebleed seats, and with Kyle Field they literally are that. The climb up to the top sucks too, but I sat there once at Midnight Yell just to see what it was like. I love the fly-overs, they're awesome but we usually miss them since we're still in the locker room. Next time you come for a game let me know and I will see what I can do about getting you some decent seats.

DaHop72
06-24-2008, 02:21 PM
Sorry BBDE, been out of pocket. You're doing okay on your own.
Boy let me tell you, she has some beautiful green eyes.

DaHop72
06-24-2008, 02:22 PM
Fat fingers.:mad: :mad:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-24-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Sorry BBDE, been out of pocket. You're doing okay on your own.
Boy let me tell you, she has some beautiful green eyes.