PDA

View Full Version : Rascal Flatts/Taylor Swift at Verizon

bandera7
06-23-2008, 01:30 AM
I got to go see Rascal Flatts and Taylor Swift tonight at Verizon Wireless. It was amazing....I have always heard how good Rascal Flatts was live, so I went in with huge expectations. They were even better than I was expecting. Anybody else seen them live?

Emerson1
06-23-2008, 01:31 AM
gay

bandera7
06-23-2008, 01:35 AM
I figured a comment like that was coming...I can only say I appreciate their music. And I went with girls...what, may I ask, were you doing tonight?:D

Old Tiger
06-23-2008, 01:35 AM
taylor swift awesome...
rascal flats not so much...

Emerson1
06-23-2008, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
taylor swift awesome...
rascal flats not so much...
As soon as I saw Rascal Flatts I read Taylor Swift as Taylor Hicks

So it's only bi

bandera7
06-23-2008, 01:40 AM
well apparently Taylor Hicks is somehow very distantly related to me by adoption or something. But I deny that. And Rascal Flatts were the best live performers I have ever witnessed.

Old Tiger
06-23-2008, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by bandera7
well apparently Taylor Hicks is somehow very distantly related to me by adoption or something. But I deny that. And Rascal Flatts were the best live performers I have ever witnessed. wow your nuts they suck in concert....

my top live country performers in no particular order is....
George Strait
Kenny Chessney
kevin fowler
garth brooks

bandera7
06-23-2008, 01:51 AM
have you ever seen them in concert? And maybe you caught a bad night or I caught a good night, but I always hear how great they are and tonight they were amazing.

Emerson1
06-23-2008, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
wow your nuts they suck in concert....

my top live country performers in no particular order is....
kevin fowler
and the list stops there

bandera7
06-23-2008, 01:53 AM
I actually dont like Fowler in concert. I thought he was very overrated

Old Tiger
06-23-2008, 01:54 AM
have you ever seen them in concert? And maybe you caught a bad night or I caught a good night, but I always hear how great they are and tonight they were amazing. ya and to me they sounded completely different

bandera7
06-23-2008, 01:55 AM
Hmmm. Well, to me tonight, they sounded pretty much the same. Maybe even better. But to each his own...

3afan
06-23-2008, 06:55 AM
.... best live performers I have ever witnessed.

Bruce Springsteen !!!

CenTexSports
06-23-2008, 07:31 AM
My son-in-law does sound for a company out of Memphis and he did Taylor Swift's concert Friday night (Garth Brooks was there also).

jason
06-23-2008, 08:13 AM
well apparently Taylor Hicks is somehow very distantly related to me by adoption or something. But I deny that. And Rascal Flatts were the best live performers I have ever witnessed.
if they are the best you have ever seen then you need to see more live shows - their lead singer sounds like an 11 year old girl....

kevin fowler might not have the best voice live in concert, but its hard to beat his stage presence and the way he performs....

pirate4state
06-23-2008, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by jason
kevin fowler might not have the best voice live in concert, but its hard to beat his stage presence and the way he performs.... YEP!

bwdlionfan
06-23-2008, 09:18 AM
Chris Cagle puts on a good show live

Emerson1
06-23-2008, 10:07 AM
Johnny Cooper

super1
06-23-2008, 11:47 AM
I would like to have seen Rascal Flats in concert, too. I like there music. Who cares what anyone else thinks about it.

I also liked the Brooks and Dunn Neon Circus Tour that came to the Verizon several years ago. Other acts there included Montgomery Gentry, Keith Urban, Toby Keith, and Cletus T. Judd. Seems like I left someone off, but oh well. It was an awesome show!

Bull Butter
06-23-2008, 12:00 PM
I saw Rascal Flatts at this year's Houston Rodeo. I've been going to Rodeo Houston for the past 5 years and I would say Rascal Flatts' performance was the worst of the bunch. The music was way too loud. Loud to the point where the sound was distorted and it was tough to enjoy the show.

Of the acts I'vs seen at Rodeo Houston, I would rank them in this order.............
1. Brad Paisley
2. Toby Keith
3. Alan Jackson
4. Pat Green
5. Rascal Flatts

Maroon87
06-23-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
I saw Rascal Flatts at this year's Houston Rodeo. I've been going to Rodeo Houston for the past 5 years and I would say Rascal Flatts' performance was the worst of the bunch. The music was way too loud. Loud to the point where the sound was distorted and it was tough to enjoy the show.

Of the acts I'vs seen at Rodeo Houston, I would rank them in this order.............
1. Brad Paisley
2. Toby Keith
3. Alan Jackson
4. Pat Green
5. Rascal Flatts

If you've ever seen Brooks & Dunn at the Rodeo they'd probably be at or near the top of that list. They were awesome when I saw them in '07.

Cameron Crazy
06-23-2008, 12:39 PM
I'm sorry you wasted your money on Rascall Flatts. Now, Taylor is another thing. She blows them out of the water.

Next time, dont go to RF.

super1
06-23-2008, 05:20 PM
I wouldn't call spending $$ on Rascal Flats a waste.

To each his own.....

Gobbla2001
06-23-2008, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by super1
I wouldn't call spending $$ on Rascal Flats a waste.

To each his own.....

me either... pretty women go to their concerts...

buying one of their cd's, though? a waste...

PPHSfan
06-23-2008, 07:43 PM
Rascal Flats Rocks. Anyone who thinks otherwise is musically challenged. Especially Jason. He has a good ear for Kevin Fowler, but he has one of those ears that only works part time.

Gobbla2001
06-23-2008, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Rascal Flats Rocks. Anyone who thinks otherwise is musically challenged. Especially Jason. He has a good ear for Kevin Fowler, but he has one of those ears that only works part time.

If your definition of "rocks" is singing a song so lyrically empty and retarded as "Me and My Gang"...

tell me, is this a good song, or words pulled out of a hat and put together?

"Way on down to southern Alabama
With the guitars jammin' that's where we're headed
Straight up to Butte, Montana singin' Lord I was born a ramblin' man
California to Oregon
Even New York City got one or two hillbillies ready to hit the road
It's a brother and a sister kinda thang
Raise up your hands if you all wanna hang with
Me and my gang
We live to ride, we ride to live
Me and my gang
Jump on that train
Grab a hold of them reigns
We gonna rock this thang, cock this thang
Me and my gang
We got hippies, gypsies, freaks and geeks
High class women in Daisy Duke denim
Bangin' on gongs and singin' our songs
Dude named Elrod jammin' on an Ipod
Beer and bonfires
Wide open throttle, Coors in a bottle
It's all for one and ONE FOR ALL YA'LL
It's a brother and a sister kinda thang
Raise up your hands if you all wanna hang with
With me and my gang
We live to ride, we ride to live
Me and my gang
Jump on that train
Grab a hold of them reigns
We gonna rock this thang, cock this thang
Me and my gang"

simply amazing how many people drooled over this crap...

They do have a good song or two, I'll give 'em that...

Maroon87
06-23-2008, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

They do have a good song or two, I'll give 'em that...

Did you know they actually wrote "Winner At A Losing Game" themselves? Ironically enough that's probably my favorite song of theirs. Don't know how many more they wrote but I like that one quite a bit.

super1
06-24-2008, 12:11 AM
The world is full of popular songs that have strange lyrics, but lyrics aren't the only thing that makes a good song. I like the harmonies that RF puts together.

I used to sing barbershop and that, to some, is an aquired taste. It may explain why I like RF. It's the harmony.

hookandladder
06-24-2008, 10:30 AM
Fayette County Fair a couple of years ago

Darrell Dodd- Tony Lama Boots

carter08
06-24-2008, 10:35 AM
I likes country.

Not Nashville Po(o)p

3afan
06-24-2008, 10:42 AM
to me, RF's lead singer now sounds like a American Idol reject ... a few years ago he was OK but he's gone downhill

the band is pretty good

Gobbla2001
06-24-2008, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
to me, RF's lead singer now sounds like a American Idol reject ... a few years ago he was OK but he's gone downhill

the band is pretty good

They're doing too much with him... he's starting to sound like a young girl crapping drift-wood...

Gobbla2001
06-24-2008, 05:29 PM
Had their guitar player not gotten naked in that video a few years back, they would be playing in bars or opening for [insert popular Texas band here] at your country fair......

sex appeal and the misconception that "this is the best that music has to offer" is what keeps some of these sub-par musicians selling music... they're not musicians... just puppets... and sometimes they have good voices...

super1
06-24-2008, 07:41 PM
I guess we've heard from the musical expert now. I guess the rest of us are just wrong.

Gobbla2001
06-24-2008, 07:47 PM
I guess we've heard from the musical expert now. I guess the rest of us are just wrong.

We're making progress ha

super1
06-24-2008, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
We're making progress ha
http://visualrevenue.com/blog/uploaded_images/Whatever-You-Think-Think-the-Opposite-731623.jpg

:D :D

Gobbla2001
06-24-2008, 08:09 PM
Rascal Flatts is an awesome band that does not need post-production, make-up and 5k additional instruments to make them sound good :D

super1
06-24-2008, 08:16 PM
I disagree on the make up part....

Gobbla2001
06-24-2008, 08:18 PM
I disagree on the make up part....

haha