PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Question

injuredinmelee
06-22-2008, 10:13 PM
O)k Gf has a cellular one contract. they were bought out by ATT. She still has one year on contract. Her screen went dead. the sim card wont work in an ATT phone of course but you cant buy a phone from ATT that the sim card will work in either. Her only option from ATT was switch over. She doesnt want to do that. We have looked on ebay and it seems hard to find a cellular one unlocked quad band phone. Any suggestions or ideas?

bwdlionfan
06-22-2008, 10:16 PM
I have had ATT/Cingular for years and my whole family in Brownwood had Cellular One. There were numerous times where I swapped my sim card with several different Cellular One phones and had no trouble at all getting it to work.

injuredinmelee
06-22-2008, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
I have had ATT/Cingular for years and my whole family in Brownwood had Cellular One. There were numerous times where I swapped my sim card with several different Cellular One phones and had no trouble at all getting it to work.
we tried that in two of my Cingular/att phones and neither worked. She originally got the phone in bwood.

bwdlionfan
06-22-2008, 10:19 PM
What kind of phone did she have and what kinds did you try it in? I was able to get mine to work in two different cell one motorolas... one being a razr... and then a flip phone nokia that i actually used for like a year and a half.

bwdlionfan
06-22-2008, 10:22 PM
So is ATT saying she would have to pay to get out of her contract? Because I'm pretty sure ATT let my family break their contracts and start new ones under ATT when the acquisition was made. That may have been a one time offer though, but it's something to check in to... unless she just doesn't want ATT.

injuredinmelee
06-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
So is ATT saying she would have to pay to get out of her contract? Because I'm pretty sure ATT let my family break their contracts and start new ones under ATT when the acquisition was made. That may have been a one time offer though, but it's something to check in to... unless she just doesn't want ATT.

she doesnt want out of it yet. she likes what she is paying and says it will be cheaper to stay for now. She has a razr now and we tried it in two different samsung phones.

Looking4number8
06-22-2008, 10:31 PM
I just bought one off ebay that worked for my cellone phone. I am not wanting to convert to AT&T yet. I like my unlimited minutes with my cell one contract.

Seach under "GSM Quad Band Unlocked" on ebay. I just looked and got 713 matches..

big daddy russ
06-22-2008, 10:32 PM
I know you can use the $15 Go Phones (the pay-as-you-go AT&T cell phones) for old Cingular sim cards. Wonder if they have one that'll work for Cellular One phones?

skyking
06-22-2008, 11:41 PM
We own Cellular Accessories in Brownwood. (little building by the Red Wagon) We stock many different Cellular One replacements phones. They are new and have a one year factory warranty. They are from the same supplier that we bought our Cellular One phones from when we were Cellular One dealers. They're all American made phones with warranty. Most of the Ebay phones are Chinese and the warranty will not be in effect. We also have Cellular One Sim cards!

HEMOTOXIC
06-23-2008, 05:44 PM
Could it be here SIM card. Having TMobile, I have put my SIM card in competitor's phones and it worked fine....

PPHSfan
06-23-2008, 07:51 PM
Have you tried going to AT&T and asking for a replacement sim card?

GreenMonster
06-23-2008, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by skyking
We own Cellular Accessories in Brownwood. (little building by the Red Wagon) We stock many different Cellular One replacements phones. They are new and have a one year factory warranty. They are from the same supplier that we bought our Cellular One phones from when we were Cellular One dealers. They're all American made phones with warranty. Most of the Ebay phones are Chinese and the warranty will not be in effect. We also have Cellular One Sim cards! I'd be making the drive over to Brownwood for a quick sampler from Underwood's and short stop in this guy's store. That's just me though.

skyking
06-23-2008, 11:26 PM
AT&T phones are locked phones. A Cellular One sim will not work in it. She does not have to switch! They want everyone to switch especially the ones with unlimited Statewide minutes for $55.00 a month! We (Cellular Accessories in Brownwood) have replacement phones for Cellular One and for AT&T. We also have replacements sim cards for both Cellular One and AT&T. Once you switch you can't go back, so don't switch if you don't need to!
Everyone has been grandfathered into the AT&T system for billing, but are still on Cellular Ones plans and that won't change unless you switch.

skyking
06-23-2008, 11:33 PM
Oh yeah, an AT&T/Cingular sim car will usually work in a Cellular One phone, but a Cellular One sim will not work in an AT&T phone. So Bwdlionfan that is why yours worked but Gf's will not work that way.