PDA

View Full Version : NHRA Driver Scott Kalitta Killed in Crash

JR2004
06-21-2008, 06:16 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/racing/nhra/news/story?id=3455554

I just saw the footage from the crash on ESPN2. That was horrific to see. His family is surely in need of prayer right now.

44INAROW
06-21-2008, 06:39 PM
How sad, I hope there isn't a bad crash like that when we go to Daytona in July...... that's one thing I'd like NOT to witness.. my brother was at the race when Dale was killed. Prayers out to the family :(

zebrablue2
06-21-2008, 07:39 PM
prayers out to his family...

Phil C
06-21-2008, 08:55 PM
This is sad news. :(

Maroon87
06-21-2008, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
my brother was at the race when Dale was killed.

A couple of my buddies were there too, one of whom was a huge Earnhardt fan. Sad deal...

Prayers to Scott's family:(

kaorder1999
06-22-2008, 03:39 AM
oh my god...i just saw the footage for the first time. I pray to God that he was gone soon after the initial explosion and before he hit the wall at the end of the track....

STANG RED
06-22-2008, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
oh my god...i just saw the footage for the first time. I pray to God that he was gone soon after the initial explosion and before he hit the wall at the end of the track....

The NHRA said the 46-year-old Kalitta -- the 1994 and 1995 Top Fuel season champion who had 18 career victories, 17 in Top Fuel and one in Funny Car -- was taken to the Old Bridge division of Raritan Bay Medical Center, where he died a short time later.

With the combination of the cage they sit in, and the high tech fire suits they wear nowdays, very few die quickly anymore. It's usually the internal injuries from the violent impacts that does it, and that nearly always takes a while. Hopefully he was unconcious though, and couldnt feel the pain.

Prayers go out to his family and friends.

kaorder1999
06-22-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
The NHRA said the 46-year-old Kalitta -- the 1994 and 1995 Top Fuel season champion who had 18 career victories, 17 in Top Fuel and one in Funny Car -- was taken to the Old Bridge division of Raritan Bay Medical Center, where he died a short time later.

With the combination of the cage they sit in, and the high tech fire suits they wear nowdays, very few die quickly anymore. It's usually the internal injuries from the violent impacts that does it, and that nearly always takes a while. Hopefully he was unconcious though, and couldnt feel the pain.

Prayers go out to his family and friends.

I should have worded it differently....I pray to god he was unconscious before he hit the wall at the end....