PDA

View Full Version : Boston,Styx and Smashmouth tonight!

TexanAlum_06
06-21-2008, 03:03 PM
Anybody else going to this concert tonight in san antonio? I will be in attendence. could care less for smashmouth though. But im sure Styx and Boston will put on a good show.

Ranger Mom
06-21-2008, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
Anybody else going to this concert tonight in san antonio? I will be in attendence. could care less for smashmouth though. But im sure Styx and Boston will put on a good show.

That sounds like fun!!! I'm with you though, Smashmouth doesn't do a thing for me!!

44INAROW
06-21-2008, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That sounds like fun!!! I'm with you though, Smashmouth doesn't do a thing for me!!

ditto - sounds fun------- saw Boston 2 times - once at Laurie Auditorium in SA in 1979 with MOXY and Black Sabbath and again in 1981 (can't remember the venue but it was in SA with AC/DC and Leslie West (Mountain) my middle son saw Styx a while back in Tampa ------- he called me from it - said he was the youngest person there lol...(he went with his boss who is my age)
Hope you have a good time........

Tx Challenge
06-21-2008, 08:53 PM
Caleb, some of us are too young for those bands

Gobbla2001
06-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Smashmouth? That thing's still around?

Maroon87
06-21-2008, 09:36 PM
Boston and Styx are playing Arrowfest here in the Woodlands with Night Ranger and Kansas.:thumbsup:

ILS1
06-21-2008, 10:54 PM
Who's singing for Boston? Since Brad Delp committed suicide last year!! Such a great voice!!!

:D :D :D

Johnny 5
06-21-2008, 10:57 PM
Have not seen Boston.

Do not care to see Styx.

I have seen Smashmouth twice. They actually put on a great show. Very energetic. They play alot of their older stuff. I saw them last year, and they only played two post Fush You Mang songs. A new one off of their new CD, and All-Star to close their set.

ILS1
06-21-2008, 10:59 PM
Styx? Is that minus Dennis De Young?? I think Tommy Shaw is heading up the group again.

:D :D :D

TexanAlum_06
06-22-2008, 01:22 AM
they all rocked the stage. i do not care for smashmouth but they performed 2 excellent covers of van halens "Aint talkin bout love" and " runnin with the devil". styx was great. shaw was there. and james young. but they were awesome. the original bassist chuck panazzo was there and came out and played 2 or 3 songs. supposedly he is real sick and only plays with them 3 or 4 times a year. crowd went nuts when they played renegade!!! Boston definately stole the show though. there just isnt any other band that has the full sound that boston created in brad delps basement 30 years ago. the scorching sound that tom scholls gets out his guitars and amps is one of a kind. they were excellent. I was skeptical of the replacement singer for delp at first but i kid you not he sounds just like delp. supposedly tom scholls had heard about the guy and at the time the singer was working at a home depot, well scholls contacted him and asked him to come audition at his studio and 2 days later he was signed to a contract! he was amazing. they had a female bassist who did a very good job and provided backup vocals. something i saw with both styx and boston that you dont see these days anymore was the fact that both bands during every song had 3 or 4 guys singing at the same time doing harmonies. which is awesome. it was a great concert.