PDA

View Full Version : If DCTF were right. Who would your team play the first two weeks of playoffs?

bwdlionfan
06-21-2008, 02:53 PM
Brownwood would face Levelland in round 1. With a win we would face the winner of Fort Stockton and Brownfield in round 2.

wildstangs
06-21-2008, 03:00 PM
Sweetwater will play whoever is on their basketball schedule. :doh:

Easy road to round 3 for the Lions. Might even get to play one of those at Mustang Bowl if Midland is booked up.:doh:

Ranger Mom
06-21-2008, 03:03 PM
DCTF has us coming in 5th at district.....so, no one!!:(

This could be the first time since I have been following the Greenwood Rangers that we don't make the playoffs!!:eek:

bwdlionfan
06-21-2008, 03:05 PM
I think a Fort Stockton game could be held at San Angelo, a Levelland or Brownfield game at Snyder or Sweetwater. Possibly Midland/Odessa... but I bet with the price of fuel, I think Snyder/Sweetwater would be less miles for the teams.

I like playing at Sweetwater, anything as long as it's not Shotwell.

bwdlionfan
06-21-2008, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

This could be the first time since I have been following the Greenwood Rangers that we don't make the playoffs!!:eek:

I kinda think DCTF may be wrong on district 3. I don't know much about those teams, but from skimming the articles about each one in DCTF, I don't see how he has Andrews at 4th in district. I know they lost A LOT, but still, they were 10-3 last year. I think that district is a toss up, Lamesa was horrible last year, but they have the most starters coming back. Could be a bad thing though?

LH Panther Mom
06-21-2008, 03:09 PM
West Trojans for us.

bwdlionfan
06-21-2008, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
West Trojans for us.

Poor west......

Ranger Mom
06-21-2008, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
I kinda think DCTF may be wrong on district 3. I don't know much about those teams, but from skimming the articles about each one in DCTF, I don't see how he has Andrews at 4th in district. I know they lost A LOT, but still, they were 10-3 last year. I think that district is a toss up, Lamesa was horrible last year, but they have the most starters coming back. Could be a bad thing though?

From all I have seen and read, we are coming up on the short end of the stick talent wise for the next couple of years....unless some boys grow really fast over the off season!!:p

Daddy D 11
06-21-2008, 04:49 PM
Poor west......

yes, yes indeed:devil:

j_dog
06-21-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Something tells me you will make the playoffs. :)

WOS87
06-21-2008, 04:55 PM
WOS would play an unranked team from 22-3A followed by the 3rd place team from 24-3A (Madisonville??) followed by a rematch with Waco La Vega against whom we would be predicted to lose.... again.

But then, DCTF also predicted us to come in 2nd in district to Kirbyville last season and we demolished them 31-7

navscanmaster
06-21-2008, 05:06 PM
I think Navasota would have a bye in the first round, and then play Silsbee, who would defeat Huffman Hargrave. Silsbee coach Bobby McGallion would be playing against his former team, who he coached to a 12-1 season in 1996 in 4A, losing to eventual champion LaMarque. At least that would make for a good story line.

87 TIGER
06-21-2008, 05:10 PM
There is no dist. 23, so does dist 24 get a bye?

LH Panther Mom
06-21-2008, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
There is no dist. 23, so does dist 24 get a bye?
Correctomundo!

WOS87
06-21-2008, 05:21 PM
District 24-3A will very likely have the pleasure of playing the District 21-3A playoff teams in all 3 of their first playoff games although 22-3A may sneak a team in there.

Johnny 5
06-21-2008, 08:17 PM
Rio Hondo would get Mathis in the first round

Second round would be the winner of Devine/CC West Oso. If you go by the Top 25 rankings, the winner would be CCWO.

So . . .

Rnd 1: Mathis
Rnd 2: CC West Oso

Tres Lobos
06-21-2008, 11:24 PM
ya i think he has it wrong about district 3, i think we'll end up coming first not to be cocky lol, but i think the third spot will come down to greenwood and andrews, not brownfield, but who knows should be some good games. Its tons better than playin against fabens and anthony and all those people out west

STANG RED
06-22-2008, 12:50 PM

I completely agree! Andrews is beginning to get some of their swagger back, and will be a force to be reckoned with in 3A in the coming years. Geography will keep them in a usually pretty weak district, so I wouldnt be surprised to see them win lots of district championships as long as they stay 3A. I certainly dont see them missing the playoffs anytime soon.