PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News! LH to Switch to Spread

Old Tiger
06-20-2008, 01:42 PM
just heard that LH will be switching to a spread offense!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

LH Panther Mom
06-20-2008, 01:43 PM
Do you have a prescription for what you're taking?

ronwx5x
06-20-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Do you have a prescription for what you're taking?
Smoking?

Old Dog
06-20-2008, 01:49 PM
Yeah, Spread Wing-T ........................

LH Panther Mom
06-20-2008, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Smoking?
I think it's stronger than that! :eek: :D

LH Panther Mom
06-20-2008, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Old Dog
Yeah, Spread Wing-T ........................
Or punt :devil:

:doh: Oh wait.....that's the shotgun, not spread. :p

ronwx5x
06-20-2008, 01:55 PM

:doh: Oh wait.....that's the shotgun, not spread. :p

Careful LHPM. People will begin believing you have inside knowledge. Or at least knowledge.

:kiss:

DaHop72
06-20-2008, 01:56 PM

:doh: Oh wait.....that's the shotgun, not spread. :p 21 year olds, recruiting and now the shotgun, what's next???? A State Championship.;)

Oh wait, you have one of them doing the old way.:D

CenTexSports
06-20-2008, 01:57 PM
It probably has to do with the 10 move ins from Celina, Graham, and Burnett.

LH finally has the athletes to play 21st century football.

ronwx5x
06-20-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
21 year olds, recruiting and now the shotgun, what's next???? A State Championship.;)

Oh wait, you have one of them doing the old way.:D

Wrong, two SC's.

DaHop72
06-20-2008, 01:58 PM
Wrong, two SC's. But the first one doesn't count according to some, wrong division.:devil: :devil: :devil: :doh:

ronwx5x
06-20-2008, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
But the first one doesn't count according to some, wrong division.:devil: :devil: :devil: :doh:

I was not aware of that. Thanks for straightening me out and I'll pass the word.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

waterboy
06-20-2008, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue

Well, it's about time they realize that they are gonna have to change with the times to continue to be successful! Everyone knows that antiquated offense they've been running, so it was just a matter of time before they realized they can't win without passing the ball!:stirpot: :taunt: :1popcorn: :D

I must say welcome to the 21st century!:D

LH Panther Mom
06-20-2008, 04:19 PM
Careful LHPM. People will begin believing you have inside knowledge. Or at least knowledge.

:kiss:
Hey. I can fake my knowledge as well as lots of folks on here. :D

Txbroadcaster
06-20-2008, 04:19 PM
The LH coaching staff is watching at this exact moment the 1940 Football Film Called "The Forward Pass Is Your Friend"

LH Panther Mom
06-20-2008, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
The LH coaching staff is watching at this exact moment the 1940 Football Film Called "The Forward Pass Is Your Friend"
And they're doing this..... :ack!: :dispntd: :lies: :spitlol:

catdaddy
06-20-2008, 06:15 PM

:lies: :lies: :lies:Relax, he was talking about switching sandwich spreads I'm sure.:lies: :lies: :lies:

hawkfan
06-20-2008, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Well, it's about time they realize that they are gonna have to change with the times to continue to be successful! Everyone knows that antiquated offense they've been running, so it was just a matter of time before they realized they can't win without passing the ball!:stirpot: :taunt: :1popcorn: :D

I must say welcome to the 21st century!:D

I think I hear the sarcasm there, but I've read other people's thread on here about how great the spread is and I'm sick of people complaining when people run the ball. They think since everybody else on the planet runs they spread that means they have to as well. Why does it have to be this way? Two state championships in two years for Liberty Hill. Beating the hell out of Gilmer in the state chamionship game without throwing a single pass. Sounds like everybody else needs to be switching to the slot-t. If it ain't broke don't fix it! And if they don't like they can watch Tech barely win or lose because the spread tires out their defense because they score in ten seconds but the only problem is the other team can score just as fast.

Old Tiger
06-20-2008, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by hawkfan
I think I hear the sarcasm there, but I've read other people's thread on here about how great the spread is and I'm sick of people complaining when people run the ball. They think since everybody else on the planet runs they spread that means they have to as well. Why does it have to be this way? Two state championships in two years for Liberty Hill. Beating the hell out of Gilmer in the state chamionship game without throwing a single pass. Sounds like everybody else needs to be switching to the slot-t. If it ain't broke don't fix it! And if they don't like they can watch Tech barely win or lose because the spread tires out their defense because they score in ten seconds but the only problem is the other team can score just as fast. that's all well and good but LH knows times are changing even though they have two state titles

duckpluck
06-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Jealous much there in Rockdale?

Old Tiger
06-20-2008, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by duckpluck
Jealous much there in Rockdale? :confused:

LH Panther Mom
06-20-2008, 10:59 PM
that's all well and good but LH knows times are changing even though they have two state titles
At least talk about what you know. Times aren't a changing any time soon here. Why should we do what everybody else does? As Coach Vance says "Dance with the one that brung ya".

Old Tiger
06-21-2008, 03:48 AM
At least talk about what you know. Times aren't a changing any time soon here. Why should we do what everybody else does? As Coach Vance says "Dance with the one that brung ya". LHPM....i'm surprised you didn't notice the sarcasm :(

LH Panther Mom
06-21-2008, 08:45 AM
LHPM....i'm surprised you didn't notice the sarcasm :(
I just wanted to use "Dance with the one that brung ya". :p

K-MAC Chuck
06-21-2008, 12:37 PM
Ok, let me first say this..
*THE FOLLOWING ARTICLE IS JUST FOR FUN; NO COACHES OR PLAYERS HAVE ACTUALLY BEEN INTERVIEWED, NOR HAVE ANY ANIMALS BEEN HARMED IN THE WRITING OF THIS ARTICLE

*THIS IS FOR FUN ONLY; ANY GAMBLING THAT ENSUES FROM THIS ARTICLE MUST BE DONE IN AREAS WHERE GAMBLING IS LEGAL..

OK - is that enough for disclaimers? :D :rolleyes:

ARTICLE
HEADLINE: PRODDED ON BY 3ADL, LIBERTY HILL CHANGES ITS OFFENSE FROM SLOT-T TO SPREAD FOR 2008

By Chuck Licata, Independent Sports

Spurred on by the "very knowledgable" football residents of 3ADL (www.3adownlow.com), Liberty Hill High School football guru Jerry Vance announced today he was changing the vaunted Slot-T offense at the Central Texas school.

"We're going to change to the Spread offense," Vance declared from his 15-room mansion in Liberty Hill. "We got the idea from the folks at 3ADL, especially from the highly-respected Go Blue, who alerted us that 'times are changng.'"

Vance continued, "Yes, they are changing, despite our run of 2 straight state championships. I feel bad for Tim Dean (duckpluck), who insists we should stay with the Slot-T. Even LHPM feels we shouldn't change - altho, The Beast better start working harder if he's going to earn a starting spot on the O-Line! But heck, when you have Waterboy saying we need to change - and DaHop72 claiming our first state title doesn't count - we knew we had to start paying attention to the advice given us by the board."

Vance admitted the Slot-T's had its day in the sun, but...

"It's time to start throwing the ball, gosh darn it. I need to start developing Pro Quarterbacks here at Liberty HIll and I can't do that by throwing the ball just 2.5 times per game. Hey, if we're scoring a touchdown every third pass ATTEMPT, then we just flat out need to throw the ball more."

Sinton66 agreed.

"It's about time we see some exciting football out of that small Central Texas town," he stated. "I never understood the reason for staying with the Slot-T for so long. Yes, it does win games (and championships), but high school football should be about the fans and what they want. That's why we're happy Coach Vance finally came to his senses and started following the advice of the folks on 3ADL."

Tim Dean disagreed.

"I just don't get it," said Dean, who went into a self-imposed coma after Vance made the announcement. "The Slot-T has a great track record, why change now? And besides - I was the play-by-play man for one championship, I want at least one more before I get hired by Barack Obama after Obama wins the upcoming presidential election."

Larry G, a noted LHHS historian and local bum/homeless man who lives off the scraps from The Hobo Depot (a local eatery), said rebellion is not far behind. (Keep in mind, Larry G. has a bit of a combination speech impedement/Texas twang).

"This-here tahn (town) has gone nuts," he spit out between bites of a 2-day old cheeseburger. "I done don't think that-there Vance guy is gonna make it true da upcomin season. I no dat some of duh boys is really upset and that sum of dem is talkin about goin to anothu scool."

The town hobo concluded, "Heck, if we was suppost to be passin da dang ball, we'd have wings!"

((Okay, just a modest attempt at humor, anyway)) :cool: :confused: :doh:

LH Panther Mom
06-21-2008, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
Ok, let me first say this..
*THE FOLLOWING ARTICLE IS JUST FOR FUN; NO COACHES OR PLAYERS HAVE ACTUALLY BEEN INTERVIEWED, NOR HAVE ANY ANIMALS BEEN HARMED IN THE WRITING OF THIS ARTICLE

*THIS IS FOR FUN ONLY; ANY GAMBLING THAT ENSUES FROM THIS ARTICLE MUST BE DONE IN AREAS WHERE GAMBLING IS LEGAL..

OK - is that enough for disclaimers? :D :rolleyes:

ARTICLE
HEADLINE: PRODDED ON BY 3ADL, LIBERTY HILL CHANGES ITS OFFENSE FROM SLOT-T TO SPREAD FOR 2008

By Chuck Licata, Independent Sports

Spurred on by the "very knowledgable" football residents of 3ADL (www.3adownlow.com), Liberty Hill High School football guru Jerry Vance announced today he was changing the vaunted Slot-T offense at the Central Texas school.

"We're going to change to the Spread offense," Vance declared from his 15-room mansion in Liberty Hill. "We got the idea from the folks at 3ADL, especially from the highly-respected Go Blue, who alerted us that 'times are changng.'"

Vance continued, "Yes, they are changing, despite our run of 2 straight state championships. I feel bad for Tim Dean (duckpluck), who insists we should stay with the Slot-T. Even LHPM feels we shouldn't change - altho, The Beast better start working harder if he's going to earn a starting spot on the O-Line! But heck, when you have Waterboy saying we need to change - and DaHop72 claiming our first state title doesn't count - we knew we had to start paying attention to the advice given us by the board."

Vance admitted the Slot-T's had its day in the sun, but...

"It's time to start throwing the ball, gosh darn it. I need to start developing Pro Quarterbacks here at Liberty HIll and I can't do that by throwing the ball just 2.5 times per game. Hey, if we're scoring a touchdown every third pass ATTEMPT, then we just flat out need to throw the ball more."

Sinton66 agreed.

"It's about time we see some exciting football out of that small Central Texas town," he stated. "I never understood the reason for staying with the Slot-T for so long. Yes, it does win games (and championships), but high school football should be about the fans and what they want. That's why we're happy Coach Vance finally came to his senses and started following the advice of the folks on 3ADL."

Tim Dean disagreed.

"I just don't get it," said Dean, who went into a self-imposed coma after Vance made the announcement. "The Slot-T has a great track record, why change now? And besides - I was the play-by-play man for one championship, I want at least one more before I get hired by Barack Obama after Obama wins the upcoming presidential election."

Larry G, a noted LHHS historian and local bum/homeless man who lives off the scraps from The Hobo Depot (a local eatery), said rebellion is not far behind. (Keep in mind, Larry G. has a bit of a combination speech impedement/Texas twang).

"This-here tahn (town) has gone nuts," he spit out between bites of a 2-day old cheeseburger. "I done don't think that-there Vance guy is gonna make it true da upcomin season. I no dat some of duh boys is really upset and that sum of dem is talkin about goin to anothu scool."

The town hobo concluded, "Heck, if we was suppost to be passin da dang ball, we'd have wings!"

((Okay, just a modest attempt at humor, anyway)) :cool: :confused: :doh:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Bravo! :clap: :clap: :D

Oh, and :doh: :spitlol:

solocam
06-21-2008, 04:09 PM
:clap: Good stuff right there Chuck

Tx Challenge
06-21-2008, 08:57 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Bravo! :clap: :clap: :D

Oh, and :doh: :spitlol:

I guess I miss the point. Does LH run the ball a lot?

j_dog
06-21-2008, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
I guess I miss the point. Does LH run the ball a lot?
do Panthers live in the woods? :doh:

LH just lines up. Stuffs the ball down your throat, and makes you like it. Yes, it is time for them to change to something else! :D

if the UIL cannot make them change, maybe the legislature will. :( :clap:

Old Tiger
06-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
do Panthers live in the woods? :doh:

LH just lines up. Stuffs the ball down your throat, and makes you like it. Yes, it is time for them to change to something else! :D

if the UIL cannot make them change, maybe the legislature will. :( :clap: i heard a few senators are getting information together and are in the process of holding a congressional hearing on the subject :D

Tx Challenge
06-21-2008, 09:49 PM
I guess my head has been in the sand........With the points they score, I thought they HAD to be a spread offense team.....Guess I need to do a little research

STANG RED
06-22-2008, 12:59 PM
I also heard they are changing to the 10-1 defense, just to show Celina they arent the only ones that can run it.:p

pirate4state
06-22-2008, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
I guess my head has been in the sand........With the points they score, I thought they HAD to be a spread offense team.....Guess I need to do a little research :vrycnfsd: :sleeping: :1omg!: :fnypost: :thinking:

waterboy
06-23-2008, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by hawkfan
I think I hear the sarcasm there, but I've read other people's thread on here about how great the spread is and I'm sick of people complaining when people run the ball. They think since everybody else on the planet runs they spread that means they have to as well. Why does it have to be this way? Two state championships in two years for Liberty Hill. Beating the hell out of Gilmer in the state chamionship game without throwing a single pass. Sounds like everybody else needs to be switching to the slot-t. If it ain't broke don't fix it! And if they don't like they can watch Tech barely win or lose because the spread tires out their defense because they score in ten seconds but the only problem is the other team can score just as fast.
Duuhhhh! Hint, hint! The sarcasm is there! I know first-hand how good they are at running the ball. Where you been? Lighten up! This was just for fun! I think everyone on here knows I was just poking fun along with everybody else............except you. Geez!:crazy:

Old Tiger
06-23-2008, 01:45 PM
i can't believe this thread lasted long

IHStangFan
06-23-2008, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
The LH coaching staff is watching at this exact moment the 1940 Football Film Called "The Forward Pass Is Your Friend" what is this forward pass you speak of? :D

K-MAC Chuck
06-23-2008, 04:45 PM
i can't believe this thread lasted long

this thread is almost as long as Liberty Hill's title run....errr, almost