PDA

View Full Version : Granbury

wildstangs
06-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Now it looks like we will be moving to Granbury. I had the choice of Granbury, Austin, or Gainesville. Austin traffic and cost of living really pushed us away from that area. Anyone know much about Granbury? I know many people think of it as a retirement community, but it looked to me like it was growing pretty quickly.

ronwx5x
06-20-2008, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Now it looks like we will be moving to Granbury. I had the choice of Granbury, Austin, or Gainesville. Austin traffic and cost of living really pushed us away from that area. Anyone know much about Granbury? I know many people think of it as a retirement community, but it looked to me like it was growing pretty quickly.

They have a lake, I think.

formermbcouns
06-20-2008, 01:55 PM
Granbury is a very pretty town, I think. And, Lake Granbury is very nice. It has been growing for quite some time, with people moving out of the Ft Worth area, and the fact that it has become popular with retirees. The only drawback is that they don't usually have much of a football team...lol.

westcoast54
06-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Drop down to 4A could help them...maby. Very nice lake and town. Lots of GOOD golf in the area as well. It does have a lot of retirees. My parents retired to Pecan Plantation but there are a lot of people who live there who are not retired too. I think it's a very nice place.

mustang04
06-20-2008, 03:26 PM
all i gotta say is....YOU LUCKY B****RD!!!!!! haha

granbury is actually a really nice place to be...an awesome lake...right outside of the metroplex....you didnt make a bad choice!;)

Ranger Mom
06-20-2008, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs

I have a cousin who lives there with his wife and kids....they LOVE it!!!

wildstangs
06-20-2008, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the information so far. I know the Pirates haven't been a force in football , but I bought into the hype when I met with Coach Pugh the other day. He is the new coach at Granbury. He won a couple of state baseball championships at Abilene Cooper as a player and just recently won a state title as a coach at Highland Park.

Daddy D 11
06-20-2008, 05:10 PM
I stayed there last weekend and enjoyed it. Was a good sized town with a very pretty lake. You're close to the hillcountry/west texas and close to the metroplex too:thumbsup:

LionKing
06-20-2008, 05:33 PM
Granbury is a very nice area, better move their now, in the future it will be a metro-plex suburb the way it's growing.
People don't move their kids their for sports, although the girls athletics has been pretty successful in the past, in football, Granbury was always the team you schedule for homecoming, they were in Brownwood's district from 1978-2003, and they were usually the cellar-dweller most of those years, however; they were getting competitive before they went 5A, it's just they don't put much emphasis on having a successful football program in Granbury.

STANG RED
06-20-2008, 10:18 PM
Granbury is very nice, but I liked it a whole lot better about 15-20 years ago, when it was just a sleepy little town still disconnected from the metromess. It is now pretty much a suburb of Ft. Worth, and without the streets to handle the recent population explosion. Downtown is still pretty cool, but just way too many people down there now. I'm sure the businesses are loving it though. But I'm also sure the Granbury old timers are hating that they are quickly losing their small town.
I have a good friend that has been there about 10 years or so. They are picking up and moving back to Sweetwater as soon as they can find a house. He says Granbury just isnt the same place it was when they moved there.