3. Mathis
4. Orange Grove
5. Sinton
6. Falfurrias
7. AP
8. Robstown

piratebg
06-20-2008, 12:40 PM
I've been waiting for someone to post the info from Dave Campbell's. I don't know what really to expect from anyone this year.

Fal44
06-20-2008, 12:42 PM
I honestly don't expect much from fal, I didn't feel like putting them dead last in my rankings :D .. but I could see them there...

piratebg
06-20-2008, 12:44 PM
I don't think Robstown will finish dead last. I think I'd move them up to 5 or maybe 4 and move everyone else down a spot.

Fal44
06-20-2008, 12:47 PM
:p :p :p

I'm bias :D

DDBooger
06-20-2008, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Fal44
Anyone have Dave Cambell's for 31-3a?

I see it as:

1.West Oso
2. Ingleside
3. Mathis
4. Orange Grove
5. Sinton
6. Falfurrias
7. AP
8. Robstown if this was baseball I'd say that is going to be a killer district! Robe has a lot of young kids. they'll be a force next couple of years in 3a. Sinton's going to have to protect its turf

piratebg
06-20-2008, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
if this was baseball I'd say that is going to be a killer district! Robe has a lot of young kids. they'll be a force next couple of years in 3a. Sinton's going to have to protect its turf

There is no denying that. Sinton and Mathis have sat on top of 30-3A for a while now. The addition of both Robstown and Falfurrias will only make things that much more interesting. But we'll have to wait a while longer for baseball season. :D

Phil C
06-20-2008, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Fal44
Anyone have Dave Cambell's for 31-3a?

I see it as:

1.West Oso
2. Ingleside
3. Mathis
4. Orange Grove
5. Sinton
6. Falfurrias
7. AP
8. Robstown

BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
06-20-2008, 07:35 PM
BEWARE OF THE MIGHTY PIRATE!!!

pirate4state
06-20-2008, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I've been waiting for someone to post the info from Dave Campbell's. I don't know what really to expect from anyone this year. :doh: I put them up on the district pages on Wednesday.

I'd like to think that Sinton will be back in the playoffs this year, but it's gonna be a very tall order. I just can't see WO as the district champs, but Ingleside did lose their big studs to grad. I'd say it's pretty much up for grabs.

That's my story & I'm sticking to it! :D

sinfan75
06-20-2008, 07:46 PM
i think sinton will surprise everybody this year and be back in the play-offs. they always do after a bad year it seems

SintonFan_inAustin
06-20-2008, 10:28 PM
it does look more promising this year than last year :)

sotxrat
06-20-2008, 11:49 PM
It is very difficult for me to have any confidence in West Oso, I think that their preseason schedule is tough enough for them to lose a couple or more games and thus loose what ever confidence they may have galined from these preseason polls,

As much as I hate to say this, I actually think the Mathis team will make the playoffs,

if the new coach can get the athletes to play together in Aransas Pass, they could be a force,

I was basically confused about the Sinton football team last year because of how the new coach approached his first year so I have absolutely no feel for what they will bring to table, I do know that the kids will play hard,

Ingleside has lost just way to much for them to be a lock for the playoffs and I would not be surprised if they miss the playoffs,

Orange Grove success will depend on the senior boys, this class is very gifted but were dissappointing last year as juniors, so it will be interesting if they can get it together for their last year

I do not think this next year Falfurrias or Robstown will be in the race for the football crown but are licking their chops for baseball to start.

In short, imo, Mathis will make the playoffs and the other two spots will be a dogfight between AP, OG, Sinton and West Oso.

I just do not see Ingleside making the playoffs this year.

Fal44
06-21-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by sotxrat

I do not think this next year Falfurrias or Robstown will be in the race for the football crown but are licking their chops for baseball to start.

Agreed

SintonFan_inAustin
08-17-2008, 01:24 PM
I think 5 teams will fight it out for 2nd and 3rd spots(Sinton,Robstown,Ingleside,OG and Mathis). West Oso is a clear favorite to win the district mainly because of the offensive threats they have at running back.

1. West Oso- strong at RB position with Shedrick Howard, Markieth Smith, David Foxx and Darius Dorsey. QB William Tortorello did ok in the passing game and should improve this year. Defesively they were tough to score on last year and with 8 defensive starters back should be solid on defense again.
non district schedule is a tough one and should show if WO is a team to be reckon with in the playoffs.

2. Sinton- with 10 offensive starters back from a group that had no problem moving the ball down the field last year should improve on turning those drives into points. Jr QB Josh Harrison(6'7") should stand tall and be able to survey the field and find the open receivers. Pirates offensive line has some good size led by SR Mark Breon(6'6" 348 ). Defensively Sinton returns 6 starters from a defensive unit that struggle last year. Should be much improved from last year on the defensive front.

3. Mathis- rushing the ball should be a strength with RB Chris Veliz, Ryan Rodriguez and Trever Hardin.SR QB Tyler Rabb should solidify the passing game. Defensively they are led by their linebackers as they return all of the starters at that position.

4.Ingleside -rebuilding or reloading? Mustangs had a good JV last year and look to reload with some of those players. WR Steve Hamilton and Richie Ortiz should be the strength on offense if they find a suitable QB to get them the ball. Defensively they return 5 starters led by DL Aaron Trujillo(6' 0" 260), Anthony Lozano(5'11' 245) and LB Scott Frahm.

5.Orange Grove- Defense will be OG shot at a playoff spot as they return 8 starters. Offensively OG will be led by RB Jose Martinez. SR QB Colin Delaune(6'3" 200) could be a TE also. JR QB Kelton Craven could also be a option to start. If Bulldogs can find a QB they could return to the playoffs after missing out last year and be a solid playoff team.

6.Robstown- moving down to 3a after years of getting beat down by 4a teams the cotton pickers should be able to compete in this district. Offensively cotton pickers return 7 starters but that does not include their QB or Rb. Strength should be thier offensive line size. Dark horse team. First game should be a good test against Rio Hondo.

7.Aransas Pass- SR QB Tim Robles and SR RB Jacollby Williams return and will be strength of the team. Defensively the Panthers return 7 starters on defense and defensive front led by Albert Alvarez, Storm Burgess and Jacob Morales should be their strength on defense.

8.Falfurrias - Jerseys return Sr QB Steven Garza, top WR Sr John Zuniga and JR RB Robo Cruz. Defensively the strong points should be Sr LB Marcus Martinez and Sr DL Marco Abrego. Jerseys only team remaining from last year district 31 as 7 new teams come in and will make it rough for Falfurrias to compete this year.

maroonpirate04
08-17-2008, 01:50 PM
I hope the Sinton Pirates will return after a sunken ship and sail either 2nd or 3rd place. Hopefully 2007 will be the only year the Pirates missed the playoffs this decade. As for the Cottonpickers I think this will be an easier road for them to get to the playoffs They've been stuck in a tough district for years and this should be a weight lifted off their backs. With threats out of the picture (Calallen, GP,and Flour Bluff). But anything is possible and the title is surely up for grabs. The Mustangs have title on the line and must protect their title for 3 in row, Once district begins we should get the big picture who's hot and who's not:thinking:

GO SINTON PIRATES!!!

FIRE UP YOUR CANNONS!!!

Ingleside Fan
08-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
4.Ingleside -rebuilding or reloading? Mustangs had a good JV last year and look to reload with some of those players. WR Steve Hamilton and Richie Ortiz should be the strength on offense if they find a suitable QB to get them the ball. Defensively they return 5 starters led by DL Aaron Trujillo(6' 0" 260), Anthony Lozano(5'11' 245) and LB Scott Frahm.

Richie Ortiz is out for the season. Torn achilles tendon. Gets his operation today of Monday not sure?? Steve Hamilton is cleared from his operation in April 08. Brian Hull (QB) looked good yesterday and is getting the hang of our type of offense.

Blastoderm55
08-17-2008, 01:54 PM
Gonna be a long season for A-P. They were enthusiastic, but looked completely lost against Beeville during the scrimmage yesterday.

Ranger354
08-17-2008, 02:26 PM
Sinton looked good against Ray in their scrimage. I thought both QBs did a fine job. The OL looked great too and that is where most of the offense starts. I sure wish those coachs would let them throw the deep ball a little more this year.

I think they called that play only once last year and it did work!

SintonFan_inAustin
08-18-2008, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Gonna be a long season for A-P. They were enthusiastic, but looked completely lost against Beeville during the scrimmage yesterday. Most teams will look completely lost against Beeville this year, they are up there with Calallen as the top teams in the area and possibly the favorite if the two meet this year.

DDBooger
08-18-2008, 05:27 PM
Most teams will look completely lost against Beeville this year, they are up there with Calallen as the top teams in the area and possibly the favorite if the two meet this year. I hope that game happens!

Blastoderm55
08-18-2008, 05:40 PM
I hope that game happens!

Agreed.

sotxrat
08-18-2008, 05:45 PM
og has scrimmage with beeville this week, third year in a row, i know the kids look forward to this practice because it gives them a great perspective on how they are progressing. the first year it was fairly competitive, last year was not, we will see how this year goes.

sinfan75
08-18-2008, 06:08 PM
Sinton went 2-8 in 97' then turned it around and went 10-2 in 98' so it's very possible for them to turn things around. I'm lookin for em to contend for a district championship.

Blastoderm55
08-18-2008, 06:53 PM
og has scrimmage with beeville this week, third year in a row, i know the kids look forward to this practice because it gives them a great perspective on how they are progressing. the first year it was fairly competitive, last year was not, we will see how this year goes.

Last two years it was a 3 way scrimmage including Refugio. I wonder why they ditched the Bobcats. OG is always scrappy. Their game against Mathis last year was a doozy.

sotxrat
08-18-2008, 07:13 PM
blastoderm55, i do not know the reason refugio was not included, i for one am glad, og needs the work, 1st scrimmage against odem first team only worked 20 plays, odem coach called it early, i think he was concerned with the heat/humidity.......it was definitely hot

piratebg
08-19-2008, 12:40 PM
So that was OG in Odem. I drove by and saw all of the black and orange on the field. How did it go?

maroonpirate04
08-20-2008, 01:52 PM
:thinking: Could Sinton be on verge of becoming an explosive team in 2011, like the did when they bounced from a disppointed season in '97. If Allen sticks around that long:D If so watch for another 5 time district champion:)

99IHSMustang
08-20-2008, 05:12 PM
I think 5 teams will fight it out for 2nd and 3rd spots(Sinton,Robstown,Ingleside,OG and Mathis). West Oso is a clear favorite to win the district mainly because of the offensive threats they have at running back.

1. West Oso- strong at RB position with Shedrick Howard, Markieth Smith, David Foxx and Darius Dorsey. QB William Tortorello did ok in the passing game and should improve this year. Defesively they were tough to score on last year and with 8 defensive starters back should be solid on defense again.
non district schedule is a tough one and should show if WO is a team to be reckon with in the playoffs.

2. Sinton- with 10 offensive starters back from a group that had no problem moving the ball down the field last year should improve on turning those drives into points. Jr QB Josh Harrison(6'7") should stand tall and be able to survey the field and find the open receivers. Pirates offensive line has some good size led by SR Mark Breon(6'6" 348 ). Defensively Sinton returns 6 starters from a defensive unit that struggle last year. Should be much improved from last year on the defensive front.

3. Mathis- rushing the ball should be a strength with RB Chris Veliz, Ryan Rodriguez and Trever Hardin.SR QB Tyler Rabb should solidify the passing game. Defensively they are led by their linebackers as they return all of the starters at that position.

5.Orange Grove- Defense will be OG shot at a playoff spot as they return 8 starters. Offensively OG will be led by RB Jose Martinez. SR QB Colin Delaune(6'3" 200) could be a TE also. JR QB Kelton Craven could also be a option to start. If Bulldogs can find a QB they could return to the playoffs after missing out last year and be a solid playoff team.

6.Robstown- moving down to 3a after years of getting beat down by 4a teams the cotton pickers should be able to compete in this district. Offensively cotton pickers return 7 starters but that does not include their QB or Rb. Strength should be thier offensive line size. Dark horse team. First game should be a good test against Rio Hondo.

7.Aransas Pass- SR QB Tim Robles and SR RB Jacollby Williams return and will be strength of the team. Defensively the Panthers return 7 starters on defense and defensive front led by Albert Alvarez, Storm Burgess and Jacob Morales should be their strength on defense.

8.Falfurrias - Jerseys return Sr QB Steven Garza, top WR Sr John Zuniga and JR RB Robo Cruz. Defensively the strong points should be Sr LB Marcus Martinez and Sr DL Marco Abrego. Jerseys only team remaining from last year district 31 as 7 new teams come in and will make it rough for Falfurrias to compete this year.

I still believe that Ingleside has a decent shot at defending the District Championsip. They may have lost a lot to graduation, but the team this year went undefeated as a JV team and had a large margin of victory against most of their opponents. I was trying to find the scores, but couldnt find them.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-13-2008, 06:53 PM
if this was baseball I'd say that is going to be a killer district! Robe has a lot of young kids. they'll be a force next couple of years in 3a. Sinton's going to have to protect its turf :eek: good call DDBooger, Sinton is going to have to protect its turf and Robe does have 12 sophmores on their team and look to be a force in 31-3a.

sinfan75
10-13-2008, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Sinton went 2-8 in 97' then turned it around and went 10-2 in 98' so it's very possible for them to turn things around. I'm lookin for em to contend for a district championship. So far the prophesy is unfolding.:D

ol country boy
10-14-2008, 08:29 AM
Still have 4 weeks of district play left.

pirate4state
10-14-2008, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by ol country boy
Still have 4 weeks of district play left. No kidding and they are all HUGE games. None bigger than this weeks!

GO PIRATES!

ol country boy
10-14-2008, 11:36 AM
This weeks game is always the biggest.......until the next game:)

IHStangFan
10-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by ol country boy
This weeks game is always the biggest.......until the next game:) True statement, especially when you get later into district play and the playoff picture is still unclear.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-16-2008, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
True statement, especially when you get later into district play and the playoff picture is still unclear.
After Friday the District Standings will look like this :)

Sinton---------- 4-0
Robstown----- 3-1
Mathis---------- 2-2
Orange Grove- 2-2
West Oso------ 2-2
Ingleside------- 2-2
Aransas Pass-- 1-3
Falfurrias-------- 0-4

if this happens 7 out of 8 still in playoff hunt.

or

Sinton------------4-0
Robstown--------3-1
West Oso---------3-1
Ingleside----------3-1
Mathis------------1-3
Orange Grove-----1-3
Aransas Pass------1-3
Falfurrias------------0-4

4 teams battling for a playoff spot with no one guranteed a spot yet.

yep it could be very unclear if Ingleside and West Oso lose tommorrow.

pirate4state
10-16-2008, 05:30 PM
hell, we could miss the playoffs if we lose 3 out of the last 4 games on our schedule.

:(

SintonFan_inAustin
10-16-2008, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
hell, we could miss the playoffs if we lose 3 out of the last 4 games on our schedule.

:( a win friday and almost for sure win next week(cant rule out a miracle) Sinton is in. Friday for both teams the winner basically puts itself in the playoffs, Robstown still has Fal in its schedule also.

pirate4state
10-16-2008, 06:29 PM
a win friday and almost for sure win next week(cant rule out a miracle) Sinton is in. Friday for both teams the winner basically puts itself in the playoffs, Robstown still has Fal in its schedule also. yeah, i know

sotxrat
10-16-2008, 07:07 PM
p4s - quit your pessimistic outlook, sinton has the good karma going, they are playing decent, schedule in their favor, get excited and start peeking ever so slightly at the future in a positive way

pirate4state
10-16-2008, 10:12 PM
p4s - quit your pessimistic outlook, sinton has the good karma going, they are playing decent, schedule in their favor, get excited and start peeking ever so slightly at the future in a positive way great....just GREAT....you just jinxed us!

:mad:

sotxrat
10-17-2008, 12:00 AM
if i could have jinxed sinton i would have done it a few years ago

pirate4state
10-17-2008, 12:01 AM
if i could have jinxed sinton i would have done it a few years ago :eek: :eek: you'll have to be more specific depending on the year it might not have mattered :D

JR2004
10-17-2008, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

:(

Your negativity is going to kill the UNDEFEATED SINTON PIRATES! Think POSITIVE!

maroonpirate04
10-17-2008, 01:09 AM
Can't wait til Friday evening ready to hear the cheerleaders chant

SIN-TON PI-RATES!! SIN-TON PI-RATES!!!:D

GO PIRATES GO!! GO PIRATES GO!!

SintonFan_inAustin
10-18-2008, 12:31 AM
Sinton----4-0
Robstown-----------------3-1
West Oso-----------------3-1
Ingleside-----------------3-1
Mathis--------------1-3
Orange Grove-------1-3
Aransas Pass--------1-3
Falfurrias------------0-4

4 teams battling for a playoff spot with no one guranteed a spot yet.

piratebg
10-18-2008, 12:48 AM
Sinton has Falfurrias next week and then Ingleside and West Oso after that. The next couple of weeks are gonna be fun.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-18-2008, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
Sinton has Falfurrias next week and then Ingleside and West Oso after that. The next couple of weeks are gonna be fun. Orange Grove @ West Oso

Sinton @ Falfurrias

Mathis @ Robstown

Aransas Pass @ Ingleside

Looks like some close games again next week.

piratebg
10-18-2008, 01:26 AM
Orange Grove @ West Oso

Sinton @ Falfurrias

Mathis @ Robstown

Aransas Pass @ Ingleside

Looks like some close games again next week.

OG vs WO

The Bulldogs have played everyone tough but just keep ending up on the short end of the stick. I think they may be able to get over that hump this week and take down the Bears.

Sinton vs Fal

The Jerseys have had a long, hard season. The Pirates just took down the last undefeated team in district and have their sights on a playoff birth and the district title. Fal is gonna go down hard again.

Mathis vs Robstown

The Pirates played both Sinton and WO to the wire. Robstown will be looking to rebound after losing to Sinton. Robstown takes this game in a close one.

Aransas Pass vs Ingleside

Nothing like a rivalry game. Ingleside squeaked by OG after losing to Oso. Aransas Pass nearly upset Sinton and then slipped by Fal. Mustangs win, but it ain't gonna be pretty.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-18-2008, 01:31 AM
Fal seems to have gotten their offensive woes corrected some, they had as many first downs as Orange Grove last week and battled AP to a close game. Sinton defense has been giving up big plays in their games. Sinton should win big but i still remember the AP game and it looked like they were going to be upset in that game before pulling it out.

piratebg
10-18-2008, 01:32 AM
Sinton does have a knack for giving up big plays, but they are ususally in the first half. Luckily, they haven't been giving up too many that they can't catch up. They will win, but I will not predict by how much.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-20-2008, 08:09 AM
Caller.com 3A H.S. football poll: Week 7
Staff reports
Sunday, October 19, 2008

1. SINTON (6-0)

The amazing turnaround from 1-9 continues as Pirates remain undefeated with three games to go

2. WEST OSO (4-3)

Got their third straight road win in tough game with Mathis, back in line for shot at district title

3. INGLESIDE (4-3)

Rallied to beat Orange Grove and are in charge of their playoff destiny

4. ROBSTOWN (3-4)

Cottonpickers failed to finish in showdown with Sinton; will try to rebound against physical Mathis

Phil C
10-20-2008, 09:21 AM
Caller.com 3A H.S. football poll: Week 7
Staff reports
Sunday, October 19, 2008

1. SINTON (6-0)

The amazing turnaround from 1-9 continues as Pirates remain undefeated with three games to go

2. WEST OSO (4-3)

Got their third straight road win in tough game with Mathis, back in line for shot at district title

3. INGLESIDE (4-3)

Rallied to beat Orange Grove and are in charge of their playoff destiny

4. ROBSTOWN (3-4)

Cottonpickers failed to finish in showdown with Sinton; will try to rebound against physical Mathis

Very good but what are the district standings?

SintonFan_inAustin
10-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Very good but what are the district standings? ( ) indicates school enrollment order
current standings
District 25
________________W L ____Season W L
(2)Bellville --------2 0 ------------ 7 0
(5)Columbus ------1 1 ------------ 5 1
(4)Giddings -------1 1 ------------ 4 3
(6)Smithville ------1 1 ------------ 5 2
(1)Sealy ----------1 1 ------------ 4 3
(3)La Grange ----- 0 2 ------------ 4 3

District 26
(5)Sweeny-------- 2 0 ------------ 4 2
(4)Wharton ------- 2 0 ------------ 2 5
(2)Needville--------1 1 ------------ 4 2
(6)Brookshire Royal-1 1 ------------ 2 4
(3)Stafford --------0 2 ------------ 2 3
(1)West Columbia --0 2 ------------ 1 5

District 27
_________________W L ____Season W L
(3)La Vernia--------2 0 ------------ 6 1
(2)Somerset -------1 1 ------------ 4 2
(1)SA Sam Houston 1 1 ------------ 3 4
(5)Marion---------- 1 1 ------------ 5 2
(4)Poteet---------- 1 1 ------------ 4 3
(6)Luling----------- 0 2 ------------ 0 7

District 28
(2)Cuero ----------2 0 ------------ 6 1
(6)Goliad---------- 2 0 ------------ 4 3
(4)Yoakum---------1 1 ------------ 4 3
(3)Edna -----------1 1 ------------ 1 5
(1)Gonzales--------0 2 ------------ 2 5
(5)Palacios---------0 2 ------------ 1 5

District 29
(1)Bandera--------4 0 ------------ 5 3
(4)Hondo----------3 1 ------------ 4 3
(3)Pearsall---------2 1 ------------ 4 3
(5)Devine----------1 2 ------------ 4 2
(7)Lytle------------1 2 ------------ 2 6
(6)Crystal City------1 3 ------------3 5
(2)Carrizo Springs---0 3 ----------- 1 6

District 30
No Teams

District 31
(3)Sinton----------4 0 ------------ 6 0
(1)Robstown-------3 1 ------------ 3 4
(6)CC West Oso----3 1 ------------ 4 3
(2)Ingleside--------3 1 ------------ 4 3
(5)Mathis----------1 3 ------------ 3 4
(7)Orange Grove---1 3 -------------3 4
(4)Aransas Pass----1 3 ------------ 1 6
(8)Falfurrias--------0 4 -------------0 7

District 32
(6)Rio Hondo------ 3 1 ------------ 5 2
(1)Hidalgo--------- 3 1 ------------ 5 2
(5)Raymondville---- 3 1 ------------ 5 2
(8)Lyford---------- 3 1 ------------ 5 2
(3)La Feria---------2 2 ------------ 3 4
(2)Zapata--------- 2 2 ------------ 5 2
(7)Progreso--------0 4 -------------3 4
(4)Port Isabel------0 4 -------------1 6

Playoff format
Upper Bracket:
D25 vs D26
D27 vs D28

Lower Bracket:
D29 vs Bye
D31 vs D32 [/B]

Phil C
10-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Thank you. Now in the last two weeks who does Ingleside, West Oso and Robstown play? I know Sinton plays Ingleside and West Oso one of the weeks.

LH Panther Mom
10-20-2008, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Thank you. Now in the last two weeks who does Ingleside, West Oso and Robstown play? I know Sinton plays Ingleside and West Oso one of the weeks.
All the schedules are on the home page.

http://www.3adownlow.com/31-3A.php

Phil C
10-20-2008, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
All the schedules are on the home page.

http://www.3adownlow.com/31-3A.php

Thank you LH!

SintonFan_inAustin
10-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Week 8 predictions:

Sinton over Falfurrias 42-0

Ingleside over Aransas Pass 27-19

West Oso over Orange Grove 23-14

Mathis over Robstown 22-20

piratebg
10-23-2008, 08:21 PM
Mathis over Robstown 22-20

Here's hoping. :D

Ingleside Fan
10-24-2008, 06:00 AM
Wishing all 31-3A teams a safe and injury free game!

GO MUSTANGS!:cheerl: :clap:

T-Time
10-24-2008, 11:34 AM
remembering the last time AP beat Ingleside, IHS was picked to win and it did not happen.

Ingleside Fan
10-24-2008, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by T-Time
remembering the last time AP beat Ingleside, IHS was picked to win and it did not happen.

I think we have been pick to win couple times since our last lost to AP in 05.

06 07 ??:p

DDBooger
10-25-2008, 08:39 AM
Robstown 49 Mathis 32
The day has come when Robstown and TM may make the playoffs, and in the same year!!:eek: :D cool!

SintonFan_inAustin
10-25-2008, 11:32 AM
Playoff possiblities:

(#1) If Ingleside lose their last two games ( @Sinton, Robstown), West Oso lose to AP or Sinton and Orange Grove wins out ( @Mathis, AP) leaves the battle for 3rd playoff spot at:

Orange Grove 4-3
West Oso 4-3
Ingleside 4-3
Tie decided by district power points as head to head cant be used as each team beat the other team (i think +18 is max you can get)
Ingleside 34-26 over OG gives Mustang a +8 and Bulldogs -8
OG 29-26 over West Oso gives Bulldogs a +3 and Bears -3
West Oso 26-19 over Ingleside gives Bears a +7 and Mustangs a -7
Ingleside would have a +8+(-7)=+1 Pwr Points
West Oso would have a +7+(-3)=+4 PWr Points
Orange Grove would have a +3+(-8)= -5 Pwr Points

West Oso would get the #3 spot

(#2) West Oso can get in also if they finish tie with Ingleside & Sinton @ 5-2 in district with Ingleside losing to Robstown,and (Sinton losing to Ingleside and @ WO) and( WO winning out) ***note, only a what if scenario***
Robstown 6-1(win over Ingleside & Fal)
West Oso 5-2(win over AP & Sinton)
Ingleside 5-2 (Win over Sinton & loss to Robstown)
Sinton 5-2(loss to Ingleside & WO)

Sinton would be out with losses to WO and Ingleside thus the playoffs teams would be D1 Robstown, D2(#1 seed) West Oso and D2(#2 seed) Ingleside

(#3) Ingleside losses their last two games and WO wins out or each team finish by themselves at 4-3 West Oso gets in with its win over Ingleside.

West Oso misses the playoffs:
(#1) IF a 3 way tie with Robtsown, Sinton and West Oso
Ingleside 6-1(win over Sinton & Robstown)
Robstown 5-2(win over Fal & loss to Ingleside)
Sinton 5-2(loss to Ingleside & WO)
West Oso 5-2(win over AP & Sinton)
Power Point tie breaker
Sinton 34-16 over Robstown puts Sinton with +18 and Robstown with a -18
Robstown 42-27 over West Oso puts Robstown +15 and West Oso with a -15
Robstown would be at +15+(-18)= -3
Sinton would be at +18( Sinton the worst it can finish is +18+(-18)= 0 if they lose by the max points of 18 to West Oso.
West Oso would be at -15 and would need to win against Sinton by at least 13 points to finish at +13+(-15)= -2
So Sinton would be in no matter the outcomes in this scenario, the 3rd spot would be decided by the win margin of West Oso over Sinton to see if its Robstown or West Oso for the 3rd playoff spot.

K so what all this means is nobody has clinched a playoff spot!!!

And only West Oso,Sinton, Ingleside and Robstown are still alive for a playoff spot.
But Orange Grove can still finish technically tied for 3rd but miss out on the playoffs by power points.

***note, i not 100 % sure the power points max is 18, could be as high as 22 points and that would change the scenario in a 3 way tie with Robstown,Sinton and West Oso giving Sinton a possiblity of missing out if they would lose by 22 points.

hope this helps explain the playoffs possiblities for 31-3a or confuse you even more LMAO!!

R4Editor
10-25-2008, 11:51 AM
:crazy1: :crazy1:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-27-2008, 12:51 AM
CC Caller Times 3A H.S. football poll: Week 8

Staff Reports
Sunday, October 26, 2008

Local H.S. football poll for Class 3A (thru week 8):

1. SINTON (7-0)

Pirates must beat defending champion Ingleside and pre-season favorite West Oso in final 2 games to complete an undefeated regular season.

2. ROBSTOWN (4-4)

Cottonpickers rebounded against physical Mathis; can leave Friday night's game with winless Falfurrias with first playoff berth in more than 40 years

3. WEST OSO (4-4)

After winning three straight, wasted a good shot at district title with loss to Orange Grove

3. INGLESIDE (5-3)

Finish with district's lone unbeaten team and the team tied with them in 2nd

3. ORANGE GROVE (4-3)

Win over West Oso leaves them with an outside chance at playoffs

District power point max is 20. Dont see how OG has a outside chance at a playoffs. Any OG fans know if they're still a shot at a playoff?

SintonFan_inAustin
10-30-2008, 07:12 PM
District 31
(3)Sinton---------5 0 ------------- 7 0
(2)Ingleside-------4 1 ------------- 5 3
(1)Robstown------4 1 ------------- 4 4
(6)CC West Oso---3 2 ------------- 4 4
(7)Orange Grove---2 3 -------------4 4
(5)Mathis---------1 4 ------------- 3 5
(4)Aransas Pass---1 4 ------------- 1 7
(8)Falfurrias-------0 5 --------------0 8

Week 8 scores
Sinton 56 Falfurrias 14
Ingleside 34 Aransas Pass 9
Orange Grove 29 CC West Oso 26
Robstown 49 Mathis 32

Week 9 schedule
CC West Oso @ Aransas Pass; Falfurrias @ Robstown; Ingleside @ Sinton and Orange Grove @ Mathis

Week 10 schedule
Aransas Pass @ Orange Grove; Mathis @ Falfurrias; Robstown @ Ingleside and Sinton @ CC West Oso

District power point max is 20.
Sinton only way they dont make the playoffs is if they lose the last two games and Robstown wins out leaving Sinton tied for 2nd with Ingleside and West Oso and being the odd team out.(with West Oso winning out also)
Basically a Sinton win or Robstown lost in the last two games puts Sinton in the playoffs. :)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-30-2008, 09:54 PM
Sinton coach talks about 31-3a playoff representative possiblities (http://www.kristv.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?ClipID1=3081170&h1=Web%20Exclusive%20Video%3A%20%20Pirates%20Coach %20Tom%20Allen%20Talks%20About%20Their%20Competiti ve%20District&vt1=v&at1=Promotion%2025&d1=36500&LaunchPageAdTag=Sport&activePane=info&rnd=40288914)[

Ingleside Fan
10-31-2008, 12:55 PM
Wishing all 31-3A teams a safe and injury free game!

GO MUSTANGS!:cheerl: :clap