PDA

View Full Version : MY OLDEST Daughter is getting married tomorrow

BILLYFRED0000
06-20-2008, 11:32 AM
And I am taking up a collection to pay everything off. Wish me luck......

Ranger Mom
06-20-2008, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000

She isn't marrying BigDaddyRuss.....is she??:thinking:

BILLYFRED0000
06-20-2008, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
She isn't marrying BigDaddyRuss.....is she??:thinking:

Ya know I am a little worried about that now. I thought it was some other guy......:thinking:

44INAROW
06-20-2008, 11:49 AM
enjoy the day dad -------- take lots of pictures and sit back and wait for the grandchildren - :)

BobcatBenny
06-20-2008, 11:49 AM
Doh!

AP Panther Fan
06-20-2008, 12:23 PM
Ya know I am a little worried about that now. I thought it was some other guy......:thinking:

lol....at least try to have a good time since the money is already spent.:D

big daddy russ
06-20-2008, 02:42 PM
Congrats, Billy.

ronwx5x
06-20-2008, 02:47 PM

Mine is getting married in Oct. I know all about costs as I paid one already and am now doing pay as you go again. Why couln't I have had boys? Congratulations. Is her dress orange?:)

rangerjim
06-20-2008, 03:04 PM
My oldest daughter just moved out today to East Texas. With the extra money I'm gonna save I would send you some for the wedding but..................still have 3 more daughters living at home!

Congratulations (and give me some tips on Monday on what I to look forward to)

mustang04
06-20-2008, 03:07 PM
sheeesh...all these posters on here with "older daughters getting married"

WHY HAVENT I KNOWN ABOUT ANY OF THEM!!!!!!

Ranger Mom
06-20-2008, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Mine is getting married in Oct. I know all about costs as I paid one already and am now doing pay as you go again. Why couln't I have had boys? Congratulations. Is her dress orange?:)

I have 4 boys and 1 girl......and the girl is so laid back and low maintenance that she will probably get married at the lake wearing cut-off denim shorts and a T-shirt and flipflops!!!:p :p

BobcatBenny
06-20-2008, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by mustang04

You really need to be interested in the opposite sex to realize they exist. :eek:

mustang04
06-20-2008, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
You really need to be interested in the opposite sex to realize they exist. :eek:

........is this guy serious?

:cool:

zebrablue2
06-20-2008, 05:30 PM

LOL... Congrats on gaining a son-in-law, but on the donation-- my two still in college won't allow that. Many congrats..... Have fun, and by the way...GOOD LUCK..........

BILLYFRED0000
06-21-2008, 08:31 AM
ya know she does have some orange in the wedding. The extension cords.:catredx:

GreenMonster
06-21-2008, 12:19 PM
I wonder what she plans to do tonight, after the wedding??? :thinking:

:devil:

BILLYFRED0000
06-23-2008, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by mustang04

It was a success. At least she did get married. And I did not botch the song I had to sing to her and her husband during the unity candle.

BTW, I still have one eligible (and beautiful) daughter to marry off.

ronwx5x
06-23-2008, 08:34 AM
I have 4 boys and 1 girl......and the girl is so laid back and low maintenance that she will probably get married at the lake wearing cut-off denim shorts and a T-shirt and flipflops!!!:p :p

RM, dream on. When the time comes, my money is on the bet that says she will want the whole thing. I offered $10,000 if they would elope and the answer was a resounding "NO!!!" Mine doesn't even own a dress, never wants to dress up and hardly even wears make-up, not that she really needs it. So live with the fantasy of low cost, but get ready to face reality.:devil:

Ranger Mom
06-23-2008, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
RM, dream on. When the time comes, my money is on the bet that says she will want the whole thing. I offered $10,000 if they would elope and the answer was a resounding "NO!!!" Mine doesn't even own a dress, never wants to dress up and hardly even wears make-up, not that she really needs it. So live with the fantasy of low cost, but get ready to face reality.:devil:

She won't want a big wedding....that I can guarantee!! She is too much like her momma and hates spending extravagant amounts of money on something like that.

I have been married twice, once in my parents living room and the second time at the JP....I have never regretted not having a big expensive wedding.

AP Panther Fan
06-23-2008, 09:34 AM
She won't want a big wedding....that I can guarantee!! She is too much like her momma and hates spending extravagant amounts of money on something like that.

I have been married twice, once in my parents living room and the second time at the JP....I have never regretted not having a big expensive wedding.

Big weddings don't do a thing for me either RM. My daughter is my total opposite though and I shiver to think of what her idea of the perfect wedding will be someday. :doh:

pirate4state
06-23-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Big weddings don't do a thing for me either RM. My daughter is my total opposite though and I shiver to think of what her idea of the perfect wedding will be someday. :doh: HAHAHAHAHAHA :D :D :D Better watch out or you'll have to worry about 2....Ash is starting to worry me what with now being a cheerleader :p :p

Ranger Mom
06-23-2008, 09:36 AM
Big weddings don't do a thing for me either RM. My daughter is my total opposite though and I shiver to think of what her idea of the perfect wedding will be someday. :doh:

My prayers go out to you!!:p

AP Panther Fan
06-23-2008, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
HAHAHAHAHAHA :D :D :D Better watch out or you'll have to worry about 2....Ash is starting to worry me what with now being a cheerleader :p :p

Don't go there girlfriend!:mad: ;)

Cameron will bankrupt us so Ashton will have to elope!:nerd:

CenTexSports
06-23-2008, 09:41 AM
The cheapest way would be to follow my example. My (now) son-in-law was a (fill in your worst adjective) and I refused to go to the wedding, much less pay for it.

Luckily, he has straightened out some and is doing much better and they are doing pretty well. I do have two beautiful grandkids by them.

BTW: Lest you think that I was a hard a__; he was so wild that he got to spend six months in a boot camp at the age of 18 in Parchment Prison in MS after he married my expectant daughter.

pirate4state
06-23-2008, 09:42 AM
Don't go there girlfriend!:mad: ;)

Cameron will bankrupt us so Ashton will have to elope!:nerd: Wouldn't it be funny if Ashton beat her to the punch? :thinking: :evillol: :evillol:

AP Panther Fan
06-23-2008, 09:43 AM
Wouldn't it be funny if Ashton beat her to the punch? :thinking: :evillol: :evillol:

no

pirate4state
06-23-2008, 09:45 AM
no :thinking: cameron is that you? :D

BILLYFRED0000
06-23-2008, 10:14 AM
It was a beautiful wedding. She was wearing my wife's wedding dress. That was a double whammy for me. Specially when I sang If I could save time in a bottle by Jim Croce. She loved it tho.
I just was not sure I could get thru it. But she sure looked happy and so did he.....

pirate4state
06-23-2008, 10:15 AM
Well now we are gonna wanna see pictures DAD!! ;)

Congrats.

Ranger Mom
06-23-2008, 10:16 AM

Congrats.

I wanna see the singing video!!!:p

If he got through it without crying, I am super duper impressed!!!

I am a big crybaby, there is no way I could have done it!!!

BILLYFRED0000
06-23-2008, 12:41 PM

Congrats.

Photographer is sending out the cd's monday.

BILLYFRED0000
06-23-2008, 12:48 PM
I wanna see the singing video!!!:p

If he got through it without crying, I am super duper impressed!!!

I am a big crybaby, there is no way I could have done it!!!

Well I sang to my wife You are so beautiful by Joe Cocker as she walked down the aisle and my daughter decided that I could sing for her too if I could do it for Mom. So I was kinda between Basila and Charybdis.

Looking4number8
06-23-2008, 01:05 PM
My oldest daughter is getting married August 30 in the after noon.. Brownwoods's first game is also August 30th in the afternoon. Guess I will be wearing a little radio to the wedding..

BTW, my youngest is a cheerleader and will cheer instead of being in the wedding.

BILLYFRED0000
06-23-2008, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by lookingfornumbe
My oldest daughter is getting married August 30 in the after noon.. Brownwoods's first game is also August 30th in the afternoon. Guess I will be wearing a little radio to the wedding..

BTW, my youngest is a cheerleader and will cheer instead of being in the wedding.

I might be wearing an earphone for the wedding....... Of course I would not survive my night at home after the game....... Even in Celina.:D

waterboy
06-23-2008, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by rangerjim
My oldest daughter just moved out today to East Texas. With the extra money I'm gonna save I would send you some for the wedding but..................still have 3 more daughters living at home!

Congratulations (and give me some tips on Monday on what I to look forward to)
Not a bad place for her to live there rangerjim. East Texas is beautiful, and the cost of living is manageable. Of course I'm a little biased. I was born and raised here, and have lived here all but about 4 or 5 months of my life.:2thumbsup

waterboy
06-23-2008, 04:28 PM
Congrats, BILLYFRED! I don't know what else to tell ya except that I hope he's a good man and is good to her! I still have that to look forward to one day. My eldest daughter just turned 11, and she's already a looker. I've got my shotgun cleaned and loaded, but I don't think she'll be dating till she's at least 16, so I may be able to stay out of the joint until then.:D

Just kidding!:D