PDA

View Full Version : 32-3a

Johnny 5
06-20-2008, 12:06 AM
32-3A should be interesting this year.

Raymondville, Zapata, and Lyford were added to the district.

Rio Hondo is starting off ranked 25 in Dave Cambell's poll.

Port Isabel always makes noise.

La Feria is some good competition, and can be a thorn in the side.

Hidalgo has alot of work to go.

Progreso . . . is Progreso :D

Any district predictions?

Mine is:

RH**
PI*
LF*
Lyf
Ray
Zap
Hid
Pro

Nursebetty
06-20-2008, 09:16 AM
I don't know much about these teams, but CUERO plays Rio Hondo 2nd game of the season in Robstown. And we've played them in the playoffs as well as Port Isabel.

pirate4state
06-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Johnny 5, I may recruit you to be another rep for this district! :D

You're right it should be interesting. Looking forward to your reports. :thumbsup:

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-20-2008, 10:01 AM
J5 wouldn't be a good candidate. He's incredibly biased. ;)

texansfan
06-20-2008, 01:38 PM
Indeed, Tarpon. Johnny is a good poster, but incredibly biased towards RH. :D

Consider this:

He left out Lyford, who brings back an all-state receiver and a 2,500-yard passer.

Progreso is Progreso, but they have played better ball the past couple of seasons and bring back a 1.300-yard rusher.

Zapata is usually competitive.

I say the Tarpons win this district with RH a close close second.

Just an unbiased 3A opinion. No hard feelings J5, and I hope your enthusiasm keeps up.

Johnny 5
06-20-2008, 05:58 PM
Where in my post was I biased? Or are you just claiming bias because I chose RH over PI? lol Dave Cambell picked RH over PI as well. He is obviously biased. :rolleyes:

I gave everyone a fair shake.

Zapata, from what I have seen will not be able to do much. They are competitive, yes . . . in one of the weaker districts in the state (31-3A last year). They will get romped on in 32-3A.

Progreso has improved . . . but still got romped on by the district.

Hidalgo will not do much, unless they can replace their star player.

Lyford . . . RH shut down Lyford twice. PI and LF can as well, unless the Bulldogs have a running game to compliment the awesome passing game.

The third place spot hinges on Lyford. If Lyford can get a running game, they should beat Raymondville . . . and they could beat La Feria. I still think La Feria would win it. If not, Raymondville will beat Lyford, and the third spot would be between La Feria and Raymondville. And I think La Feria will win that one as well.

I have seen all the teams play (last season, obviously), and that is how I see things.

My prediction stays the same. ;)

SintonFan_inAustin
06-20-2008, 10:24 PM
1. Port Isabel gets a good boost from some of their JV's moving up to varisty. Some good size coming up.

2. Rio Hondo has some good skill players on offense but lose some defensive players that were part of a good defense last year.

3. Raymondville has several returning starters from their district 31 championship team, but there is two other teams couple notches better than them in this district.

4. Zapata returning most of their defense will help them in trying to get a playoff spot.

5. Progresso got a taste of winning last year and return most of their starters on both sides of the ball and this year should win some district games, which was their downfall last year.

6. La Feria should be a middle of the pack team in district.

7. Lyford has a good passing attack but that offense leaves their defense on the field to much .

8. Hidalgo basically in a rebuilding year after losing most of their starters from last year.

Port Isabel is a team to take note of once playoffs roll around. (slow down season hasnt even started lol)

:1popcorn:

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-21-2008, 11:52 AM
J5, didn't you catch the ;) at the end of my first post? Come on, man! I know you're better than that!

Johnny 5
06-21-2008, 01:15 PM
I was in combat mode lol

If Lyford gets the back from Edcouch Elsa, they should be alright.

Hidalgo's RB was good last year. They should be relying in him alot.

Zapata is just too slow

RH's starters this year (defense) were second string last year (LB and secondary). They did just as well as the starters did. I do not expect in big difference.

footballgal
06-23-2008, 11:18 AM
Go Tarpons Go!

yeah, I am biased but realistic. :D

eppy 12
06-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Nursebetty
I don't know much about these teams, but CUERO plays Rio Hondo 2nd game of the season in Robstown. And we've played them in the playoffs as well as Port Isabel. what's the date on this game, right down the road and i have never seen cuervo play:clap:

pirate4state
06-23-2008, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by eppy 12
what's the date on this game, right down the road and i have never seen cuervo play:clap: http://www.3adownlow.com/28-3A.php

Johnny 5
07-01-2008, 05:21 PM
I am changing my prediction . . . putting Lyford in 3rd instead of La Feria.

Call it a hunch

Phil C
07-02-2008, 08:12 AM
What happened to 30AAA?

LH Panther Mom
07-02-2008, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
What happened to 30AAA?
There are no teams in 30-3A for the 2008-2009 realignment.