PDA

View Full Version : Another Pit Bull Attack

turbostud
06-19-2008, 10:36 PM
This one about 2 miles from my house.
Llink (http://www.themonitor.com/articles/killed_13347___article.html/pitbull_north.html)

GreenMonster
06-20-2008, 12:00 AM
If any of my children are ever to meet their fate in this manner I will do my very best to make sure that the owner of the animal meets his fate in the same manner. The only difference is it will be me doing the mauling and my hands around their throat instead of the mouth of some useless dog that is bred to kill other dogs for sport.

Ingleside Fan
06-20-2008, 05:59 AM
This is the owners fault!! You know if your dog has aggressive nature, you control it by training or you put the dog down. I own Pitt Bull and she is the sweetest dog! I have also rescued other dogs that you just can't get their temperament to change.

Crow22
06-20-2008, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
If any of my children are ever to meet their fate in this manner I will do my very best to make sure that the owner of the animal meets his fate in the same manner. The only difference is it will be me doing the mauling and my hands around their throat instead of the mouth of some useless dog that is bred to kill other dogs for sport.

I hope for your sake and your family's sake that your Pit doesn't turn on you. They are subject to extreme mood swings and it sometimes doesn't matter how sweet of a dog it was.

SWMustang
06-20-2008, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Ingleside Fan
This is the owners fault!! You know if your dog has aggressive nature, you control it by training or you put the dog down. I own Pitt Bull and she is the sweetest dog! I have also rescued other dogs that you just can't get their temperament to change.

Ok - let's charge the owners with manslaughter and send them to jail for 10 years. Since it's the oweners fault that seems reasonable. There's a dead 5 year old boy so somebody needs to be responsible.

rockdale80
06-20-2008, 09:42 AM

Ignorance at its best....:rolleyes:

michaelp23
06-20-2008, 09:55 AM
I own Pitt Bull and she is the sweetest dog!

Most Pit Bull owners think the same thing until their dog mauls them, their children, or someone else's children. There is no good reason to own a pit bull. Just know that when your dog someday turns on you or someone you love, you will be held responsible!

AP Panther Fan
06-20-2008, 10:05 AM
From the article....

"The sheriff said the boy, whom neighbors identified as Pablo Hernandez, had been living with his aunt and uncle after Child Protective Services placed him with them."

Here's an idea...maybe CPS shouldn't place children in homes that have pit bulls, relative or not!:dispntd: :(

rockdale80
06-20-2008, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by michaelp23
Most Pit Bull owners think the same thing until their dog mauls them, their children, or someone else's children. There is no good reason to own a pit bull. Just know that when your dog someday turns on you or someone you love, you will be held responsible!

More ignorance. Awesome. :hand:

Macarthur
06-20-2008, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80

Here we go again.

You gonna keep defending these dogs?

rockdale80
06-20-2008, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Here we go again.

You gonna keep defending these dogs?

More ignorance:clap:

Macarthur
06-20-2008, 10:29 AM
Enlighten us. Please show us the error of our ways.

AP Panther Fan
06-20-2008, 10:30 AM
I think someone is going to have to add pitbulls to the list of things we can't discuss...right behind presidential candidates and illegal drugs.;)

DaHop72
06-20-2008, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I think someone is going to have to add pitbulls to the list of things we can't discuss...right behind presidential candidates and illegal drugs.;) :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
06-20-2008, 10:36 AM
I think someone is going to have to add pitbulls to the list of things we can't discuss...right behind presidential candidates and illegal drugs.;)
Looks like we'll have to add more bandwidth to keep up with "the list". :devil:

Old Tiger
06-20-2008, 10:38 AM

navscanmaster
06-20-2008, 10:39 AM

I can't help but join GreenMonster on this one. Our laws should be sufficient enough to have no desire for vigilante justice, but they are not. How many little, innocent children will have to die because of these animals? My cousin owns one, and he has two little children, and he won't even let them in the back yard when the dog is out of his cage. He really wanted a pit back in the days, and now he is just keeping it because he doesn't want to kill it or sell it to someone who will fight it.

Old Tiger
06-20-2008, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by michaelp23
Most Pit Bull owners think the same thing until their dog mauls them, their children, or someone else's children. There is no good reason to own a pit bull. Just know that when your dog someday turns on you or someone you love, you will be held responsible! Pit Bulls look amazing....awesome physique

Old Tiger
06-20-2008, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I can't help but join GreenMonster on this one. Our laws should be sufficient enough to have no desire for vigilante justice, but they are not. How many little, innocent children will have to die because of these animals? My cousin owns one, and he has two little children, and he won't even let them in the back yard when the dog is out of his cage. He really wanted a pit back in the days, and now he is just keeping it because he doesn't want to kill it or sell it to someone who will fight it. dogs bite 2% of american people per year....that is a low percent

and of that 2% only 1 in 6 are serious enough to require medical attention.

in 2007 there were 32 deaths by dog maulings.....not a significant # to hate an entire breed

pirate4state
06-20-2008, 10:50 AM
I think someone is going to have to add pitbulls to the list of things we can't discuss...right behind presidential candidates and illegal drugs.;) don't forget global warming

:blahblah: :blahblah:

always the same people butting heads & beating a dead horse :doh:

kaorder1999
06-20-2008, 10:51 AM
sadly, the ignorance to the fact that these dogs are dangerous is with many of the breed's owners.....

GreenMonster
06-20-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
sadly, the ignorance to the fact that these dogs are dangerous is with many of the breed's owners.....

These dogs are seriously bi-polar and can turn on you in an instant. Their natural instinct is to attack the throat and not release their bite until their "prey" is dead. All dogs bite, there is no argument there, but not all dogs are bred to kill. This one is. How many times after a pit bull related death has the owner been quoted saying, "I can't believe my dog did this. He's so sweet and so gentle usually. "

rockdale80
06-20-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
dogs bite 2% of american people per year....that is a low percent

in 2007 there were 32 deaths by dog maulings.....not a significant # to hate an entire breed

Blue are you trying to use logic with someone that forms opinion based on media hype? I applaud your efforts but it will not work. I am willing to bet that of those 32 deaths, that they are not all by pit bull attacks. That is crazy. Millions of people in the USA, thousands of dogs, and 32 deaths. :thinking:

Old Tiger
06-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Blue are you trying to use logic with someone that forms opinion based on media hype? I applaud your efforts but it will not work. I am willing to bet that of those 32 deaths, that they are not all by pit bull attacks. That is crazy. Millions of people in the USA, thousands of dogs, and 32 deaths. :thinking: sadly so :(

pirate4state
06-20-2008, 11:00 AM
How many times after a pit bull related death has the owner been quoted saying, "I can't believe my dog did this. He's so sweet and so gentle usually. "

Same can be said about serial killers. lol :D

44INAROW
06-20-2008, 11:02 AM
Blue are you trying to use logic with someone that forms opinion based on media hype? I applaud your efforts but it will not work. I am willing to bet that of those 32 deaths, that they are not all by pit bull attacks. That is crazy. Millions of people in the USA, thousands of dogs, and 32 deaths. :thinking:

Serious question here - for argument's sake, let's say you have an 8 month old baby boy, your pride and joy and probably the next All State running back for the football team :) The baby boy is laying on blanket in the middle of the living room floor cooing and trying to get up and crawl. - You also have a 2 year old pit bull, laying on the floor next to the front door. The phone rings and you go into the next room and start talking to your buddies about the game on Sunday afternoon. Do you feel comfortable with your little baby on the floor, 7 feet from your beloved pet pit bull?

***playing devil's advocate here*** that's all :)

Old Tiger
06-20-2008, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Serious question here - for argument's sake, let's say you have an 8 month old baby boy, your pride and joy and probably the next All State running back for the football team :) The baby boy is laying on blanket in the middle of the living room floor cooing and trying to get up and crawl. - You also have a 2 year old pit bull, laying on the floor next to the front door. The phone rings and you go into the next room and start talking to your buddies about the game on Sunday afternoon. Do you feel comfortable with your little baby on the floor, 7 feet from your beloved pet pit bull?

***playing devil's advocate here*** that's all :) hypothetical questions make people form negative opinions dog breeds and ignorance.

big daddy russ
06-20-2008, 11:07 AM

***playing devil's advocate here*** that's all :)
I don't feel comfortable leaving my lab or my in-laws' chihuahas with an 8-month old. You don't leave a defenseless baby in a compromising situation, no matter the breed.

grahampaw
06-20-2008, 11:09 AM
Thats two little boys in a month that has lost there life to these dogs.do we not value a humans life more than these dogs?There shouldnt even be a argument here everyone with these dogs should turn them over to the local pound and prevent this from ever happening again.How can you say theres only six deaths a year to these dogs so nothing should be done?Here we have two little boys that will not grow up to enjoy life and thats unexceptable.one human life is worth more than every pit bull on the face of this earth.

44INAROW
06-20-2008, 11:14 AM
hypothetical questions make people form negative opinions dog breeds and ignorance.

so. would you leave your 8 month baby on the floor with a pit bull in the same room?

STANG RED
06-20-2008, 11:14 AM

:thinking: Just wondering how significant that # would be if you or someone you loved were on the receiving end of one of these maulings?

big daddy russ
06-20-2008, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by grahampaw
Thats two little boys in a month that has lost there life to these dogs.do we not value a humans life more than these dogs?There shouldnt even be a argument here everyone with these dogs should turn them over to the local pound and prevent this from ever happening again.How can you say theres only six deaths a year to these dogs so nothing should be done?Here we have two little boys that will not grow up to enjoy life and thats unexceptable.one human life is worth more than every pit bull on the face of this earth.
In that same time period there were 7 deaths to tornadoes, 7 more to lightning strikes, and 3,500 automobile-related deaths in the United States.

On average, there are anywhere from 4-5 pit bull-related deaths per month.

Old Tiger
06-20-2008, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by grahampaw
Thats two little boys in a month that has lost there life to these dogs.do we not value a humans life more than these dogs?There shouldnt even be a argument here everyone with these dogs should turn them over to the local pound and prevent this from ever happening again.How can you say theres only six deaths a year to these dogs so nothing should be done?Here we have two little boys that will not grow up to enjoy life and thats unexceptable.one human life is worth more than every pit bull on the face of this earth. by your logic everyone who has a famly member who has received a citation/got arrested.....then the entire family should receive that citation/get arrested

just ignorant......

going back to the 2007 statistics....look at the population of the US and only 32 deaths.....that is NOTHING

less that .001%

Old Tiger
06-20-2008, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
:thinking: Just wondering how significant that # would be if you or someone you loved were on the receiving end of one of these maulings? i'd be sad for sure but wouldn't hate an entire breed of dogs......

big daddy russ
06-20-2008, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
:thinking: Just wondering how significant that # would be if you or someone you loved were on the receiving end of one of these maulings?
Less significant than if they were murdered. There are more murders per week here in Houston than Pit Bull-related deaths per month in the United States. Back when New Orleans passed Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea as the most violent city in the world, there were more murders PER DAY in that city than pit bull-related deaths per year in the US.

NastySlot
06-20-2008, 11:23 AM
heres a fact within the past few weeks poster have posted stories of young children being attacked and killed by pit bulls....these dogs are very dangerous even most owners know they can be...............................i don't care for those dogs and few others....but feel that if you are going to own one you better be ready to take responsiblity for the actions of that dog.....same as a person that drives drunk and kills someone with their car....can't the same be said about those people...he was a great guy hard worker etc....but he had a problem with drinking....and he killed someone..................................here is a fact before you start going around pointing out what you feel is ignorance maybe you should think about the awful way in which those young kids were killed try to imagine the terror they went through and the screaming...then maybe you might understand the ignorance of those you question for not liking pit bulls............fact within the past few weeks small children have been killed in what has to be one of the most horrifying ways to die...and the only thing they did wrong was be in the presence of dogs that have a killer side to them.

44INAROW
06-20-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I don't feel comfortable leaving my lab or my in-laws' chihuahas with an 8-month old. You don't leave a defenseless baby in a compromising situation, no matter the breed.
I respect your opinion but I have absolutely no qualms leaving my chocolate lab in a room with my grand daughter. Is there a chance he could go nuts and maul her, I guess so, but there's also a chance a mad-man (or woman) could go nuts and run into my back door and shoot my entire family.. It's a calculated risk I'll take - That's the great thing about this country - we are both free to make that decision.

BwdLions
06-20-2008, 11:27 AM
by your logic everyone who has a famly member who has received a citation/got arrested.....then the entire family should receive that citation/get arrested

just ignorant......

going back to the 2007 statistics....look at the population of the US and only 32 deaths.....that is NOTHING

less that .001%

Yeah I guess when you look at it that way, it's not too bad of a percentage. However, if you're a family member or friend of one of those 32 dead people, it would really make you mad that there are people on a messageboard using this kind of logic.

STANG RED
06-20-2008, 11:29 AM
Less significant than if they were murdered. There are more murders per week here in Houston than Pit Bull-related deaths per month in the United States. Back when New Orleans passed Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea as the most violent city in the world, there were more murders PER DAY in that city than pit bull-related deaths per year in the US.

So if someone is murdered by a human rather than by a dog, it is somehow more significant?:confused:

WHS02
06-20-2008, 11:31 AM
I have to completely agree with you. I have a 3 year old black lab who weighs 88 lbs and his name is Remington. He has been around my son most all his life. If something were to happen to me, I would trust him more then anyone else. ALL PITBULL'S NEED PUT DOWN AND IT SHOULD BE A LAW IF YOU ARE FOUND WITH ONE YOU ARE SENT TO PRISON!!!! Like I always say" the best pit bull is a dead pit bull". If I ever see one on my property it will be dead.

Old Tiger
06-20-2008, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
heres a fact within the past few weeks poster have posted stories of young children being attacked and killed by pit bulls....these dogs are very dangerous even most owners know they can be...............................i don't care for those dogs and few others....but feel that if you are going to own one you better be ready to take responsiblity for the actions of that dog.....same as a person that drives drunk and kills someone with their car....can't the same be said about those people...he was a great guy hard worker etc....but he had a problem with drinking....and he killed someone Poor example....

In 2006, an estimated 17,602 people died in alcohol-related traffic crashes—an average of one every 30 minutes. These deaths constitute 41 percent of the 42,642 total traffic fatalities. Of these, an estimated 13,470 involved a driver with an illegal BAC (.08 or greater). On average someone is killed by a drunk driver every 39 minutes.

Macarthur
06-20-2008, 11:33 AM
by your logic everyone who has a famly member who has received a citation/got arrested.....then the entire family should receive that citation/get arrested

just ignorant......

less that .001%

I find it interesting that those on here that love to quickly throw around the "ignorant" tag, are the ones that are using the most flawed logic. The logic is so flawed, I almost don't even know where to start.

So what you are saying is that if a small number of people die we should do nothing even if we can prevent them.

The point is these deaths are preventable.

So, smart guy, at what number (or percentage) should we start doing something about this problem.

And Rockdale, don't give me that media conspiracy nonsense. And don't give me that "most of these are not even pit bulls"...either.

The last discussion we had on this I posted the governement statistics that showed the overwhelming number of FATAL dog attacks are from those 3 or so breeds that are classified as "pit bulls".

Old Tiger
06-20-2008, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by WHS02
I have to completely agree with you. I have a 3 year old black lab who weighs 88 lbs and his name is Remington. He has been around my son most all his life. If something were to happen to me, I would trust him more then anyone else. ALL PITBULL'S NEED PUT DOWN AND IT SHOULD BE A LAW IF YOU ARE FOUND WITH ONE YOU ARE SENT TO PRISON!!!! Like I always say" the best pit bull is a dead pit bull". If I ever see one on my property it will be dead. dang michael vick chill

Macarthur
06-20-2008, 11:35 AM
Poor example....

In 2006, an estimated 17,602 people died in alcohol-related traffic crashes—an average of one every 30 minutes. These deaths constitute 41 percent of the 42,642 total traffic fatalities. Of these, an estimated 13,470 involved a driver with an illegal BAC (.08 or greater). On average someone is killed by a drunk driver every 39 minutes.

SO FREAKING WHAT?!

What the hell does that have to do with pit bulls killing kids?

As I said in the other post, at what point would the numbers of pit bull deaths concern you?

big daddy russ
06-20-2008, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Yeah I guess when you look at it that way, it's not too bad of a percentage. However, if you're a family member or friend of one of those 32 dead people, it would really make you mad that there are people on a messageboard using this kind of logic.
Whenever you're a family member of any kind of murder victim, it should upset you. That's a natural sign of love and bonding and it's only human.

But when dealing with any situation, you have to look at it logically rather than emotionally. I don't mean to sound cold, but the numbers just don't justify extreme measures to keep the dogs locked up and imprison the owners. The percentages of pit bulls who attack are very low and the death toll is also fairly low. There are an estimated 4-5 million pits in the US and 118 pit bull-related ATTACKS (not fatalities) in the United States. That means that one in every 39,000 pit bulls is involved in an attack per year.

Old Tiger
06-20-2008, 11:36 AM
I find it interesting that those on here that love to quickly throw around the "ignorant" tag, are the ones that are using the most flawed logic. The logic is so flawed, I almost don't even know where to start.

So what you are saying is that if a small number of people die we should do nothing even if we can prevent them.

So, smart guy, at what number (or percentage) should we start doing something about this problem.

And Rockdale, don't give me that media conspiracy nonsense. And don't give me that "most of these are not even pit bulls"...either.

The last discussion we had on this I posted the governement statistics that showed the overwhelming number of FATAL dog attacks are from those 3 or so breeds that are classified as "pit bulls". it's the SAME logic he used due to the breed/family of the dog.

only 32 people died from dog maulings......not a signficant # as far as statistics go

Ranger Mom
06-20-2008, 11:38 AM
I personally wouldn't own a pit....and I HAVE owned one in the past!

I think any dog owner (no matter the breed) should be held responsible if any of their dogs injure another person.

I think if a dog (any breed) kills an innocent person that dog should be euthanized, no ifs, ands or buts about it.

Old Tiger
06-20-2008, 11:38 AM
Whenever you're a family member of any kind of murder victim, it should upset you. That's a natural sign of love and bonding and it's only human.

But when dealing with any situation, you have to look at it logically rather than emotionally. I don't mean to sound cold, but the numbers just don't justify extreme measures to keep the dogs locked up and imprison the owners. The percentages of pit bulls who attack are very low and the death toll is also fairly low. There are an estimated 4-5 million pits in the US and 118 pit bull-related ATTACKS (not fatalities) in the United States. That means that one in every 39,000 pit bulls is involved in an attack per year. I concur...

Old Tiger
06-20-2008, 11:40 AM
SO FREAKING WHAT?!

What the hell does that have to do with pit bulls killing kids?

As I said in the other post, at what point would the numbers of pit bull deaths concern you? that person compared dog bites to drunk driving?

doesn't concern me at all....no one hates chihuahas and they are more vicious and proned to attack than pits.....

if they were bigger we would be talking about them and not pits

Macarthur
06-20-2008, 11:40 AM
it's the SAME logic he used due to the breed/family of the dog.

only 32 people died from dog maulings......not a signficant # as far as statistics go

Answer my question:

At what point would the number of deaths make you think something might need to be done?

NastySlot
06-20-2008, 11:41 AM
Poor example....

i like you blue......with all the numbers/stats you are throwing out you might have future as a school administrator.....my point with the drunk driver .....you have to accept the responsibility of the actions....don't blame the car...and have it made into scrap.....blame the driver and hold them responsible.....the same as the owner of the dog.......they know the dog can hurt people even kill....accept the responsiblity.....maybe if the laws were stiffer against the owners few would own them...or at least be more responsible with them........................................with your numbers above.....im going to guess there are more cars and drunk drivers then pitbulls so would the odds increase the death count for those killed by drunk drivers.

Macarthur
06-20-2008, 11:41 AM

doesn't concern me at all....no one hates chihuahas and they are more vicious and proned to attack than pits.....

Sir, you are a fool.

Ranger Mom
06-20-2008, 11:42 AM
that person compared dog bites to drunk driving?

But they aren't.....what a stupid argument!! I'm surprised at you Casey!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Old Tiger
06-20-2008, 11:45 AM
Answer my question:

At what point would the number of deaths make you think something might need to be done? I don't know an exact # but it'll have to be more than 1,000 deaths with 80% being pits for me to get a concern.

did you look over these #'s on the second page

NastySlot
06-20-2008, 11:45 AM
Answer my question:

At what point would the number of deaths make you think something might need to be done?

stats and numbers don't mean anything unless you put faces to those numbers......what gets to people is the deaths of children whether its by dogs, or people......most people will not tolerate the death of young children...................people (mostly parents) tend to value the life of children and feel that the life of a child tends too be precious.

pirate4state
06-20-2008, 11:47 AM
yall give me a damn headache!

have a good afternoon

Old Tiger
06-20-2008, 11:50 AM
stats and numbers don't mean anything unless you put faces to those numbers......what gets to people is the deaths of children whether its by dogs, or people......most people will not tolerate the death of young children...................people (mostly parents) tend to value the life of children and feel that the life of a child tends too be precious.

here you go....it goes back to july 2006

http://www.dogbitelaw.com/PAGES/danger.htm#homicides

as of may there have only been 5 deaths this year....

If I were a parent i'd be more concerned about sex offenders than pit bulls....JMO

rockdale80

The last discussion we had on this I posted the governement statistics that showed the overwhelming number of FATAL dog attacks are from those 3 or so breeds that are classified as "pit bulls".

More ignorance. There is only 1 pit bull breed. ONE. You cant lump several dogs together to serve your argument. Come one now. And 32 deaths in one year that includes ALL dog attacks is extremely minimal. Look at BDR's numbers before you go shaking your finger like you are informed. This didnt happen until the media started the fear campaign against them.

Old Tiger
nm

NastySlot
06-20-2008, 11:52 AM
come on...just a few more weeks and we will be arguing about football.........and most of us will still be ignorant in the eyes of some... someone once told me ingorance is bliss.

i should have hit quote from P4S post.

LH Panther Mom
06-20-2008, 11:56 AM
with all the numbers/stats you are throwing out you might have future as a school administrator.....
:ack!: :ack!: (C&P is GoBlue's friend)

Phantom Stang
06-20-2008, 12:00 PM
I have 3 kids and wouldn't own a Pit Bull, so feel free to classify me as being proudly ignorant.

Now, assuming that the opposite of "ignorant" is "enlightened", just how many of you "enlightened" Pit Bull advocates are parents??:thinking:

BILLYFRED0000
06-20-2008, 12:04 PM
There is a little bit of reason to Go Blue that no one seems able to realize. The same type of logic is used for any number of issues including guns for example. If you are truly concerned about the number of deaths caused, how many deaths does matter? Death by Car is far greater, yet we do not hold the manufacturers of the car responsible for making the cars death proof. And in many cases the driver is also not responsible because the weather was a factor. I will not own a pit because it is a dog with a flawed past. But when concerned with the number of deaths lets concede the fact that this is an emotional rather than rational issue because no accidental death is acceptable whether it is death by drowning or by suicide or by car or by dog. Do not equate it to mere statistics but realize that there are many areas that need to be improved or changed and pit bulls are minor compared to many other examples right or wrong.

rockdale80
06-20-2008, 12:07 PM
If you personally do not want one, that is fine. I think the ignorance lies in banning an entire breed on less than 30 deaths a year, and labeling other dog breeds as pits to serve your argument. YOUR personal choice to not own one should not change my ability to choose to own one.

rockdale80
06-20-2008, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
There is a little bit of reason to Go Blue that no one seems able to realize. The same type of logic is used for any number of issues including guns for example. If you are truly concerned about the number of deaths caused, how many deaths does matter? Death by Car is far greater, yet we do not hold the manufacturers of the car responsible for making the cars death proof. And in many cases the driver is also not responsible because the weather was a factor. I will not own a pit because it is a dog with a flawed past. But when concerned with the number of deaths lets concede the fact that this is an emotional rather than rational issue because no accidental death is acceptable whether it is death by drowning or by suicide or by car or by dog. Do not equate it to mere statistics but realize that there are many areas that need to be improved or changed and pit bulls are minor compared to many other examples right or wrong.

That thought is much too rational. Sorry. It is not welcome here. ;)

Old Tiger
06-20-2008, 12:09 PM
If you personally do not want one, that is fine. I think the ignorance lies in banning an entire breed on less than 30 deaths a year, and labeling other dog breeds as pits to serve your argument. YOUR personal choice to not own one should not change my ability to choose to own one. :thumbsup:

Macarthur
06-20-2008, 12:15 PM
More ignorance. There is only 1 pit bull breed. ONE. You cant lump several dogs together to serve your argument. Come one now. And 32 deaths in one year that includes ALL dog attacks is extremely minimal. Look at BDR's numbers before you go shaking your finger like you are informed. This didnt happen until the media started the fear campaign against them.

We've been around this tree last time.

You can deflect all you want, but these dogs are bread for killing; plain and simple.

Here's a CDC study tha stops at 98.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/duip/dogbreeds.pdf

approx 33% of all fatalities were pit-bulls. And if you lump Rotts in there, the number is 50%.

80% if fatalities were in children under the age of 11.

Phantom Stang
06-20-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
How many of you "enlightened" Pit Bull advocates are parents??:thinking:
I'm waiting.

rockdale80
06-20-2008, 12:44 PM

You can deflect all you want, but these dogs are bread for killing; plain and simple.

approx 33% of all fatalities were pit-bulls. And if you lump Rotts in there, the number is 50%.

33% of 32 deaths? Wow. those vicious murdering pit bulls. All 12 of them. :rolleyes:

Old Tiger
06-20-2008, 12:57 PM
33% of 32 deaths? Wow. those vicious murdering pit bulls. All 12 of them. :rolleyes: I'm telling you! KILL THOUSANDS CAUSE OF 12!!!!!

44INAROW
06-20-2008, 01:06 PM
I'm waiting.

I know what you mean - still waiting on a reply to my question as well

Macarthur
06-20-2008, 01:31 PM
33% of 32 deaths? Wow. those vicious murdering pit bulls. All 12 of them. :rolleyes:

that's not what the numbers show and you know it.

Table 2 on page 3 shows a breakdown of the numbers.

And, again, these numbers stop at 98. There's 10 more years of numbers that have not been "officially" sorted out yet.

Ranger Mom
06-20-2008, 01:39 PM
I have 3 kids and wouldn't own a Pit Bull, so feel free to classify me as being proudly ignorant.

Now, assuming that the opposite of "ignorant" is "enlightened", just how many of you "enlightened" Pit Bull advocates are parents??:thinking:

Out of all I have read on here that are advocating it....not a single one is a parent! (Or at least they haven't claimed to have children!)

Ranger Mom
06-20-2008, 01:47 PM
Are pit bull attacks on the rise??

We have 3 we have talked about on this board in the past MONTH that happened in Texas:

7 y/o Breckendridge boy killed by 2 pit bulls (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=82504&highlight=bull+kill)

Fort Worth Toddler attacked by pit bull (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=82319&highlight=bull+kill)

And now this one!!

44INAROW
06-20-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Out of all I have read on here that are advocating it....not a single one is a parent! (Or at least they haven't claimed to have children!)

and not willing to leave their 8 month old in the same room with a pit bull either :D

WHS02
06-20-2008, 02:00 PM
To all of those who are taking up for those stupid dogs--put yourself in other peoples shoes. how would you feel about those dogs if something were to happen to you or a close relative or friend? ALL PIT BULLS ARE DANGEROUS-THE BEST PIT BULL IS A DEAD PIT BULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DaHop72
06-20-2008, 02:02 PM
........5............4..............3............. .2...................1

Ranger Mom
06-20-2008, 02:03 PM
To all of those who are taking up for those stupid dogs--put yourself in other peoples shoes. how would you feel about those dogs if something were to happen to you or a close relative or friend? ALL PIT BULLS ARE DANGEROUS-THE BEST PIT BULL IS A DEAD PIT BULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

You went and done it now!!!

:1popcorn: :stirpot: :1popcorn: :stirpot: :1popcorn:

mustang04
06-20-2008, 02:09 PM

you know what....i had one from the time i was 3 until i was a senior in highschool...he was the reason that cattle didnt charge me or things like that on our ranch.....

i am very sorry to all the family members and friends of victims....but im adamant in saying that it takes a certain kind of owner to be able to raise a pit properly...they are dogs that you have to introduce to many strangers while they are growing up and you have to understand their nature...they were not bred to kill ppl...and WHS02...if you came onto our land blurtin things like that out, it wouldnt be our pits you'd have to worry about

Ranger Mom
06-20-2008, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
you know what....i had one from the time i was 3 until i was a senior in highschool...he was the reason that cattle didnt charge me or things like that on our ranch.....

i am very sorry to all the family members and friends of victims....but im adamant in saying that it takes a certain kind of owner to be able to raise a pit properly...they are dogs that you have to introduce to many strangers while they are growing up and you have to understand their nature...they were not bred to kill ppl...and WHS02...if you came onto our land blurtin things like that out, it wouldnt be our pits you'd have to worry about

Great post!!

I must admit, Reggie has admitted in the past that if any of his pits ever showed the least sign of aggression, he would get rid of them himself!!

He, at least, knows the dangers others are talking about.....but firmly believes it all has to do with how they are raised!!

WHS02
06-20-2008, 02:13 PM
When are you people going to understand, that it doesn't matter how you raise the damn dogs, they still turn on people. You can raise the dog from a pup and it may still turn on you. I hope that you are not dumb enough to leave one alone with a young kid or baby. That is irresponsible and dumb.

Ranger Mom
06-20-2008, 02:16 PM
When are you people going to understand, that it doesn't matter how you raise the damn dogs, they still turn on people. You can raise the dog from a pup and it may still turn on you. I hope that you are not dumb enough to leave one alone with a young kid or baby. That is irresponsible and dumb.

A pitbull may have the worst reputation for it but ANY dog can turn on you!!

WHS02
06-20-2008, 02:16 PM
Since when do hear on the news 3 times in a month that a lab or retriever or whatever other kind of dog mauled a kid, or mauled a womans face off? THAT IS WHAT I THOUGHT!!!!!!

mustang04
06-20-2008, 02:17 PM
and when are you going to learn that any of them that have "turned" were ones that were inbred or abused.....a pure-bred, well raised pit would not turn on its owner...they are one of the most loyal dog breeds you could ever find

44INAROW
06-20-2008, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
........5............4..............3............. .2...................1

bout time you checked in, I thought you took the day off ;)

WHS02
Well, i don't have time to argue with dumb pitbull owners. One day when you wake up with your limbs, or face mauled off maybe you will think about having that stupid breed of dog.

mustang04
Since when do hear on the news 3 times in a month that a lab or retriever or whatever other kind of dog mauled a kid, or mauled a womans face off? THAT IS WHAT I THOUGHT!!!!!!

you shouldnt even be in this argument....you havent even said a single thing that holds any weight

mustang04
06-20-2008, 02:20 PM
Well, i don't have time to argue with dumb pitbull owners. One day when you wake up with your limbs, or face mauled off maybe you will think about having that stupid breed of dog.

well then get the hell out of this thread...i could go on without ya:cool:

Ranger Mom
06-20-2008, 02:20 PM

We aren't going to stoop to name calling!!

In fact, Mustang04 is one of the sharpest people I know!!

I don't trust pits, I wouldn't own one again....I have a granddaughter and a grandson on the way, I wouldn't want them around a pit......but I don't hold it against anyone who DOES have them.

My sister had one for years and I trusted him with my kids!! I'm just more leery with the younger kids!!

DaHop72
06-20-2008, 02:22 PM
bout time you checked in, I thought you took the day off ;) Now wait a minute, I'm not a slacker. I've been on and off since fairly early this morning. I am your assistant after all, I can't let you down.:D :D

mustang04
06-20-2008, 02:23 PM
I'm waiting.

sorry...my parents dont have accounts on here...

big daddy russ
06-20-2008, 02:25 PM

Macarthur, you're a Libertarian, right? Not trying to bring politics into this, but this is the same type of reasoning that led me to join the Libertarian Party.

I understand what you're saying and can appreciate coming from a parent. On the other hand, though, it's a slippery slope. If we're really trying to protect everyone from everything, we should kill off all bears and sharks, outlaw planes, cars, Listerine (believe it or not, studies have established a link between mouthwash and mouth/throat cancer), and football. There were seven football-related deaths due to heat stroke alone in 2006.

Not saying that your argument is invalid, just saying that it's a slippery slope.

That's a difficult number to determine, but when it becomes epidemic proportions, much like Phen-Fen recently or Opium in the late-1800's.

If the dogs starting killing at an incredible rate, I wouldn't have a problem with it. If they really were as prone to turn on their owners as I had been led to believe before getting to know a few, I wouldn't have a problem with it. My biggest problem with this argument, however, is that it doesn't have a firm foundation in facts and figures. Give me reliable facts and figures that show this as a true epidemic and not just a random case of panic, and I'll happily change my opinion.

big daddy russ
06-20-2008, 02:27 PM
Wow.

mustang04
06-20-2008, 02:28 PM
Wow.

its ok big daddy...im just laughing at his posts

big daddy russ
06-20-2008, 02:31 PM
http://a848.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/116/l_43dfe43d2029213a40ece135ef3cf007.jpg

7 months and he's still less aggressive than our one-and-a-half year-old lab.

ronwx5x
06-20-2008, 02:34 PM
http://a848.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/116/l_43dfe43d2029213a40ece135ef3cf007.jpg

7 months and he's still less aggressive than our one-and-a-half year-old lab.

Going for the hand that feeds him and the face is next?:eek:

mustang04
06-20-2008, 02:34 PM
heres how i look at it.....

im too lazy to research it...but say we found out than 60 percent of all murders were committed by white ppl, or hispanic, or black...take your pick.....every time a murder happens and ppl like whs02 start saying "hey it was another (pick the color) guy...they are ALL like that" ....we see them as racist.....well thats how i see alot of ppl posting on this thread...if many of you ppl truly think its "murder" then it should be investigated like a murder....was the victim instigating it...was the dog inbred....were the owners abusive...was the dog neglected...etc etc etc......but to completely say every pitbull is like the next is complete and total BS

big daddy russ
06-20-2008, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Going for the hand that feeds him and the face is next?:eek:
He likes to chew on his paw. Just salivating over his chew toy. ;)

ronwx5x
06-20-2008, 02:42 PM
He likes to chew on his paw. Just salivating over his chew toy. ;)

I take it the pretty young lady is not the chew toy?:cool:

big daddy russ
06-20-2008, 02:43 PM
I take it the pretty young lady is not the chew toy?:cool:
He knows better than to mess with a Mexican woman. :D

ronwx5x
06-20-2008, 02:44 PM
She's half-Mexican. He knows better than to mess with her. :D

And congratulations by the way. My oldest daughter (graduated from Cy-Fair High) is getting married in Oct. She lives further out 290 than Jersey Village. Where are you getting hitched?

big daddy russ
06-20-2008, 02:46 PM
And congratulations by the way. My oldest daughter (graduated from Cy-Fair High) is getting married in Oct. She lives further out 290 than Jersey Village. Where are you getting hitched?
Thanks. We're getting married at St. Jerome Catholic Church, inside the Beltway off Kempwood Rd. My fiance actually teaches for Cy-Fair ISD. Small world.

And congrats to you and your daughter, too. Unless he's a turd. In that case, condolences.

ronwx5x
06-20-2008, 02:48 PM
Thanks. We're getting married at St. Jerome Catholic Church, inside the Beltway off Kempwood Rd. My fiance actually teaches for Cy-Fair ISD. Small world.

And congrats to you and your daughter, too. Unless he's a turd. In that case, condolences.

Matter of fact, he's a great guy and I may think more of him than she does sometimes.

big daddy russ
06-20-2008, 02:51 PM
Matter of fact, he's a great guy and I may think more of him than she does sometimes.
Awesome! I'm cornering the market while it's high. I'm only getting uglier so I'd better act now. Don't want any younger guys scooping her up.

Heck, this year three of her third-graders had huge crushes on her.

mustang04
06-20-2008, 02:56 PM
look how pleasant this thread is now......see, everybody, there are good things about pitbulls!!!!:)

Macarthur
06-20-2008, 04:00 PM
Macarthur, you're a Libertarian, right? Not trying to bring politics into this, but this is the same type of reasoning that led me to join the Libertarian Party.

I understand what you're saying and can appreciate coming from a parent. On the other hand, though, it's a slippery slope. If we're really trying to protect everyone from everything, we should kill off all bears and sharks, outlaw planes, cars, Listerine (believe it or not, studies have established a link between mouthwash and mouth/throat cancer), and football. There were seven football-related deaths due to heat stroke alone in 2006.

Not saying that your argument is invalid, just saying that it's a slippery slope.

If I had to align myself with a political party, in most cases it would be libertarian.

And I agree that there are situations in which the slippery slope could come into play. However, I think this is a case where most reasonable people could agree. You have to have licenses to own a falcon. We regulate all types of these things. I do not think it's unreasonable to require a license for this type of animal and for the owners to be required to be subject to some sort of inspection of the conditions this animal is subjected.

That's a difficult number to determine, but when it becomes epidemic proportions, much like Phen-Fen recently or Opium in the late-1800's.

If the dogs starting killing at an incredible rate, I wouldn't have a problem with it. If they really were as prone to turn on their owners as I had been led to believe before getting to know a few, I wouldn't have a problem with it. My biggest problem with this argument, however, is that it doesn't have a firm foundation in facts and figures. Give me reliable facts and figures that show this as a true epidemic and not just a random case of panic, and I'll happily change my opinion.

I would suspect that some recent numbers will be coming out pretty soon. The only thing concrete we have to go on is the CDC study that ended in 98. I would be willing to bet a pay check that the numbers since 98 will skyrocket. I never knew of anyone owning pit bulls 20 years ago. I bet when some numbers come out in the next couple of years we will be shocked.

Macarthur
06-20-2008, 04:03 PM
heres how i look at it.....

im too lazy to research it...but say we found out than 60 percent of all murders were committed by white ppl, or hispanic, or black...take your pick.....every time a murder happens and ppl like whs02 start saying "hey it was another (pick the color) guy...they are ALL like that" ....we see them as racist.....well thats how i see alot of ppl posting on this thread...if many of you ppl truly think its "murder" then it should be investigated like a murder....was the victim instigating it...was the dog inbred....were the owners abusive...was the dog neglected...etc etc etc......but to completely say every pitbull is like the next is complete and total BS

It sounds like you are a very responsible pet owner. If all were like you, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

However, your analogy above just simply doesn't apply in this case.

Humans make choices. Pit Bulls do not make choices. They act based on instincts that have been bread into them.

rockdale80
06-20-2008, 04:11 PM

So for a 19 year span there were 66 deaths? Wow. And there were 32 last year(not all by pit bulls)? That doesnt seem like a staggering statistic that would warrant the banning and licensing of an entire breed. Or we could all get scared and act irrational. I am sorry that people have been hurt by this breed, but I agree with Reggie on this one. I have 2 and if I had kids I wouldnt fear them being around them.

footballgal
06-20-2008, 04:17 PM
Here is the follow-up article;
http://www.themonitor.com/articles/accident_13405___article.html/sheriff_death.html

http://images.onset.freedom.com/monitortx/medium/k2qzbr-061908.pitbullboydeathweb.jpg

mustang04
06-20-2008, 04:33 PM
It sounds like you are a very responsible pet owner. If all were like you, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

However, your analogy above just simply doesn't apply in this case.

Humans make choices. Pit Bulls do not make choices. They act based on instincts that have been bread into them.

wellllll.....i dont really want to get into the whole deep convo about what "choice" really is......but i do appreciate your reply unlike those of WHS02

WylieBulldog92
06-20-2008, 09:15 PM
I would like to make a statement...I do feel pit bulls are more likely to snap but since there is no concrete fact my opinion is most likely irrelevant to people on rockdale and reggie (can't remember your username) and most likely adds fuel to the fire to people on WHS02 side of the argument.
Anyway I will tell my story about my dog I had before i moved to Texas, Heidi (a German Shepherd) was raised by our family correctly however there is a variable that occurs outside of our family for instance we had a neighboring apartment complex to our backyard, there is this man (I was 5 or 6 around this time I can't remember his name) anyway he would feed our dog Heidi and after a while he would tease the dog with people food causing barking outbursts and she became more irritable at this time my parents went to court a few times because disturbing the peace because the dog was barking and the guy who reported it...the same guy teasing my dog, soon Heidi became disobedient and began to snap at my parents when they would try to put her outside eventually she began escaping the backyard, fortunately we get her back the first time, but the second time she was hit by a car and was probably one of the saddest times in my live. The point I am trying to prove is it's not always the owner's fault for the way a dog or animal behaves.

rockdale80
06-20-2008, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
I would like to make a statement...I do feel pit bulls are more likely to snap but since there is no concrete fact my opinion is most likely irrelevant to people on rockdale and reggie (can't remember your username) and most likely adds fuel to the fire to people on WHS02 side of the argument.
Anyway I will tell my story about my dog I had before i moved to Texas, Heidi (a German Shepherd) was raised by our family correctly however there is a variable that occurs outside of our family for instance we had a neighboring apartment complex to our backyard, there is this man (I was 5 or 6 around this time I can't remember his name) anyway he would feed our dog Heidi and after a while he would tease the dog with people food causing barking outbursts and she became more irritable at this time my parents went to court a few times because disturbing the peace because the dog was barking and the guy who reported it...the same guy teasing my dog, soon Heidi became disobedient and began to snap at my parents when they would try to put her outside eventually she began escaping the backyard, fortunately we get her back the first time, but the second time she was hit by a car and was probably one of the saddest times in my live. The point I am trying to prove is it's not always the owner's fault for the way a dog or animal behaves.

I understand what you are saying, and to be honest I understand why several people are scared of them and opt not to get one, but if you get a pure breed pit and reaise it correctly I doubt you will have much trouble with it. Someone teasing a dog to the point of rage is an environmental factor that is not "breed" into the dog. I would be willing to bet 99% of the dogs that do attack (all breeds) are inbred, malnourished to the point of insanity, or abused. I understand the caution, but at the same time I have had mine for 2 years, been around pits for several more, and I have very little fear of them. For my neighbor's sake I have mine inside a huge kennel, inside a fenced backyard. I never take them out with out a leash, and I discipline them properly. I also play with them and show them love.

Fire away

Old Tiger
06-20-2008, 09:45 PM
the other day I was walking and a pit ran up on me!!!!!!!!!!!!

he proceeded to sit and let me pet him

i didn't freak out though

grahampaw
06-20-2008, 09:57 PM
If only that little boy could say the same.

rockdale80
06-21-2008, 02:06 AM
I never said I dont feel sorry for the families that have had a tragedy brought upon them, but the fear factor is getting out of hand. Let us outlaw a single breed of dog for a very small number of deaths (compared to a population) or punish people financially that like that breed. I do believe some people dont need to have a pit bull because they do not treat them properly, breed them properly, or provide them a healthy environment while they are raised. I think with proper breeding practices and people being educated on tendancies of this breed would go farther in protecting the innocent than outlawing and killing off an entire breed of animal. I also firmly believe that when we let our fears and ignorance (not a sleight but a word meaning "not knowing) and base laws around that, it is a slippery slope that ultimately leads to laws that infringe upon civil liberties.

I firmly believe that if a pet owner is negligent with their animals then there should be a punishment in place for them, but owners that have ANY animal that hurts someone and they have done everything to prevent an accident should not be punished as severly as the laws that have been passed. At the end of the day ANY animal is an animal and thinks for themselves. If you inbred, fight, abuse, malnourish, or teach a dog to do harm then I say throw the book at them if that animal hurts someone. It is unacceptable and it gives a good breed of dog a bad name.

I know I dont share the popular opinion of most, but most people on here have not been around the breed enough to form an opinion based on experience. People hear the stories from the always honest and exact media and let their fears get the best of them.

mustang04
06-21-2008, 04:25 AM

I know I dont share the popular opinion of most, but most people on here have not been around the breed enough to form an opinion based on experience. People hear the stories from the always honest and exact media and let their fears get the best of them.

you and me both....ive been around pitbulls my whole life...have raised several from pups and watched them grow to become awesome family dogs

Necks_Fan
06-21-2008, 10:30 AM
Call the Dog whisperer. He'll make it better!

Macarthur
06-21-2008, 10:57 AM
So for a 19 year span there were 66 deaths? Wow. And there were 32 last year(not all by pit bulls)?

Actually the number is 76 out of 238.

And I don't think we really know recent numbers acurately. I would be willing to bet that when some updated numbers come out from 98 to present, we will be shocked at the numbers.

That doesnt seem like a staggering statistic that would warrant the banning and licensing of an entire breed. Or we could all get scared and act irrational. I am sorry that people have been hurt by this breed, but I agree with Reggie on this one. I have 2 and if I had kids I wouldnt fear them being around them.

You and I see the numbers different. I see those numbers to represent an extremely high number of fatalities represented by one breed.

Macarthur
06-21-2008, 10:58 AM
I understand what you are saying, and to be honest I understand why several people are scared of them and opt not to get one, but if you get a pure breed pit and reaise it correctly I doubt you will have much trouble with it. Someone teasing a dog to the point of rage is an environmental factor that is not "breed" into the dog. I would be willing to bet 99% of the dogs that do attack (all breeds) are inbred, malnourished to the point of insanity, or abused. I understand the caution, but at the same time I have had mine for 2 years, been around pits for several more, and I have very little fear of them. For my neighbor's sake I have mine inside a huge kennel, inside a fenced backyard. I never take them out with out a leash, and I discipline them properly. I also play with them and show them love.

Fire away

The pink elephant in the room that you are failing to acknowledge is the fatality rate.

When most dogs attack it rarely ends in a fatality. When pits attack, they kill!

pirate4state
06-21-2008, 12:46 PM
When pits attack, they kill!

Not in the case of my cousin who lives out in Arizona. A few weeks ago she was attacked by a pit, but luckly she wasn't killed. She needed 19 stitches in her leg, but she's alive.

You guys will never change each others opinions on this issue so why don't you just move on, mkay?

:redX:

mustang04
06-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Not in the case of my cousin who lives out in Arizona. A few weeks ago she was attacked by a pit, but luckly she wasn't killed. She needed 19 stitches in her leg, but she's alive.

You guys will never change each others opinions on this issue so why don't you just move on, mkay?

:redX:

true that.....so, who's up for pancakes on me?

pirate4state
06-21-2008, 01:16 PM
true that.....so, who's up for pancakes on me? pancakes ON you :thinking: :D hahahaha ;)

are you still in Iowa?

mustang04
06-21-2008, 01:20 PM
pancakes ON you :thinking: :D hahahaha ;)

are you still in Iowa?

yes.....this state really sucks compared to texas....i cant wait to get back to see all my college buds...but i guess i can stand this state if im bankin somewhat lol

pirate4state
06-21-2008, 01:21 PM
yes.....this state really sucks compared to texas....i cant wait to get back to see all my college buds...but i guess i can stand this state if im bankin somewhat lol i guess it's a good thing you are high up on those turbines isn't it flooding in Iowa? :thinking:

mustang04
06-21-2008, 01:23 PM
i guess it's a good thing you are high up on those turbines isn't it flooding in Iowa? :thinking:

yeah it was...but it didnt flood where i was...but the windsite i work at was about 45 min from where those boyscouts were killed...was terrible...but yeah ive seen more rain since ive been up here than i did all of last year in texas haha

pirate4state
06-21-2008, 01:27 PM
yeah it was...but it didnt flood where i was...but the windsite i work at was about 45 min from where those boyscouts were killed...was terrible...but yeah ive seen more rain since ive been up here than i did all of last year in texas haha that sucks :( you'll be back home before you know it!

mustang04
06-21-2008, 01:29 PM
that sucks :( you'll be back home before you know it!

yep...it really sucked cuz not this past week but last week, i put in 92 hours of work...52 hours of overtime!!! so i definitely liked having the overtime...but what sucked was that i put in 3 all nighters on that thursday, fri., and sunday..and was workin during the day...so i drank nothing but red bull after red bull..needless to say i got VERY dehydrated and it kinda took its toll on me this week...but im all good now i think

rockdale80
06-21-2008, 03:31 PM
The pink elephant in the room that you are failing to acknowledge is the fatality rate.

When most dogs attack it rarely ends in a fatality. When pits attack, they kill!

Ok. Let us say that the number is 100 per year (even though it was 32 last year) and the population of the USA was around 301,139,947 in July last year. What is that percentage? Hmm....

Wow. You were right. That is an extremely staggering number.:doh: :doh:

Ah well. Apparently you are one of those people that think we should outlaw anything that could possibly ever hurt us. Even if there the ratio is extremely low when you consider the population.

check out this link and see what you think...Maybe we should cut down all the coconut trees and melt down all 5 gallon buckets.

http://www.realpitbull.com/perspective.html ;)

Ok. I am done with this. This is pretty much my last post on this topic for awhile.

mustang04
06-21-2008, 03:50 PM
heres a good website for what i believe in...RESPONSIBLE OWNERSHIP....i truly do urge and wish that some of you will take 10 minutes out of your life to read this...if not, then it kinda shows your character being that you'll read a long story about a pit-bull attack but refuse to read a web-page about the breed in general...so could some of yall please do that for me and i would really like your input on here after you read it....thank you

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/breedinfo.html

Phantom Stang
07-27-2008, 12:38 PM
sorry...my parents dont have accounts on here...
Not only was that the only answer I could find that addressed my question, "just how many of you "enlightened" Pit Bull advocates are parents??", it was a good one.:)

I also followed the link you provided on raising and owning Pit Bulls, and found the page to be very informative. I did however, find the almost overuse of the word "proper" to be a little disturbing, being that practically ANYONE can legally own and breed these dogs.

While I'm presently against legislation banning ANY breed of dog, I think special licensing of potential Pit Bull owners, requiring appropriate training and background checks, might not be a bad idea.

Looking4number8
07-27-2008, 01:03 PM

While I'm presently against legislation banning ANY breed of dog, I think special licensing of potential Pit Bull owners, requiring appropriate training and background checks, might not be a bad idea.

I agree with that.

I have a new neighbor (actually I am the one new to the neighbood), anyways he has a young pit bull maybe 6 months old. The dog is very very sweet. The neighbor never ever spends time with the dog. Now I hear the guy wants to give the dog away and I am afraid that whoever takes it will make it mean. Not that background checks would prevent that but it couldnt hurt. I fear for this dog as much as I fear for kids around agressive breads.

Not sure if there is a real fix for the problem but some action needs to be taken.

espn1
07-27-2008, 04:38 PM
If any of my children are ever to meet their fate in this manner I will do my very best to make sure that the owner of the animal meets his fate in the same manner. The only difference is it will be me doing the mauling and my hands around their throat instead of the mouth of some useless dog that is bred to kill other dogs for sport. Don't worry I have no problem putting a bullet between their eyes.