PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill

RattlerDude
06-19-2008, 01:19 PM
Will they be just as good this year as last year or what?...What will happen if Navasota has to play them again?...Same result or revenge?

87 TIGER
06-19-2008, 02:59 PM
LH still strong , I don't know about the result I havent seen Navasota play in years, but they are the team to beat, back to back champs

BILLYFRED0000
06-19-2008, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
LH still strong , I don't know about the result I havent seen Navasota play in years, but they are the team to beat, back to back champs

They will be good. They have a program going now. They are in reload mode. I think this year they may struggle a little early because they are filling some really good shoes but the coaching and the system will get them thru. I doubt they fall off enough to not win region 1 and maybe the semi's. I am still not sure how good we will be yet.

LH Panther Mom
06-19-2008, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I am still not sure how good we will be yet.
Should I change the thread name to "Liberty Hill and Celina"? :confused:

ronwx5x
06-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

.................:1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn:...............

BILLYFRED0000
06-19-2008, 04:02 PM

Nah. I really think you guys have brownwood and that will be it.
I just was not going to go so far to say that you would beat us if we both make it that far.

Dogman_1969
06-19-2008, 05:36 PM
Liberty Hill should be the favorite to repeat. Their batting 1000 over the last 2 years. I think most of their OL return as well. With thier offense they will do well and score a lot of points. The RB position has been reloaded three times that I know of and hasn't had a fall off yet. Don't expect one this season.

Their defense is where they will have a fall off due to the departure of Marlow Portier. He was one of the best DE's I have seen on any level. Would have had his choice of schools if he had been 6'2" or taller. He was relentless in his presuit to the ball carrier and the Hill doesn't have another Marlow in town unless they moved one in. They do return a good lb and some other very good players on the d side of the ball and they will fill in the gaps and win again.

LH Panther Mom
06-19-2008, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
Liberty Hill should be the favorite to repeat. Their batting 1000 over the last 2 years. I think most of their OL return as well. With thier offense they will do well and score a lot of points. The RB position has been reloaded three times that I know of and hasn't had a fall off yet. Don't expect one this season.

Their defense is where they will have a fall off due to the departure of Marlow Portier. He was one of the best DE's I have seen on any level. Would have had his choice of schools if he had been 6'2" or taller. He was relentless in his presuit to the ball carrier and the Hill doesn't have another Marlow in town unless they moved one in. They do return a good lb and some other very good players on the d side of the ball and they will fill in the gaps and win again.
Players like Marlowe don't come along every day and are definitely tough to replace. Based on what I know about the depth chart (which isn't very much lol) and watching the "potential" replacement the other night at 7-7, there might be a drop off, but I expect him to knock some heads.

I don't remember if this was ever said last year or not. Second qtr against Connally, our center tore his ACL. Backup came in and played through non-district games. There was a little getting used to between he & the QB that game and part of the next, but he did great after. And when the starter returned, there were the same adjustments. (Just so happened THAT was the Rockdale game.) So, while the center may not be considered a returning starter, 4 1/2 games isn't too shabby. :)

wimbo_pro
06-19-2008, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
Will they be just as good this year as last year or what?...What will happen if Navasota has to play them again?...Same result or revenge?

God I hope they arent as good....PLEASE let it be not true.

solocam
06-19-2008, 10:05 PM
marlowe is 6ft 4
3starters back on offense
4 or 5 on defense

wimbo_pro
06-19-2008, 10:12 PM
Wow...so only about 7 or 8 starters returning? Historically, that isnt a good sign. I observed that over the years, teams that return with 11-15 or more starters are more likely to be as good or better than the year before.

solocam
06-19-2008, 10:27 PM
I believe about that many returned two years ago for the first state championship

wimbo_pro
06-19-2008, 10:29 PM
Really?? Wow, that would be even more of an accomplishment. You sure? Thats awfully low.

LHPfactory
06-19-2008, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Really?? Wow, that would be even more of an accomplishment. You sure? Thats awfully low.

Its about right. DCTF had LH ranked 3rd in district and not even on the radar for the state top 25 going into 2006. They were not expecting much because of the losses, but boom LH rocked that dome;)

waterboy
06-20-2008, 07:24 AM
:stirpot: Liberty Hill will not repeat.:taunt: :1popcorn:

DaHop72
06-20-2008, 07:36 AM
Players like Marlowe don't come along every day and are definitely tough to replace. Based on what I know about the depth chart (which isn't very much lol) and watching the "potential" replacement the other night at 7-7, there might be a drop off, but I expect him to knock some heads.

I don't remember if this was ever said last year or not. Second qtr against Connally, our center tore his ACL. Backup came in and played through non-district games. There was a little getting used to between he & the QB that game and part of the next, but he did great after. And when the starter returned, there were the same adjustments. (Just so happened THAT was the Rockdale game.) So, while the center may not be considered a returning starter, 4 1/2 games isn't too shabby. :)
Liberty Hill is a one dimensional team, all they do is run the ball. :D :D

:devil: :devil:

garciap77
06-20-2008, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72

:1omg!: :1omg!:;)

ronwx5x
06-20-2008, 07:43 AM

And run it very well, I might add.

:p :p

DaHop72
06-20-2008, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
And run it very well, I might add.

:p :p Yes, but they run that antiquated offense.:devil: :devil: ;) ;)

ronwx5x
06-20-2008, 08:14 AM
Yes, but they run that antiquated offense.:devil: :devil: ;) ;)

Seems to work out ok if they keep using those 21 yr old backs! j/k

LH_Tuff
06-20-2008, 08:15 AM
Heh Defense - 'We are going to run' :p

87 TIGER
06-20-2008, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
:stirpot: Liberty Hill will not repeat.:taunt: :1popcorn: Oops too late, or do you mean 3 peat. LH is the team to beat, you know they are gonna run you just can't stop it. LH is #1 until somebody knocks them off

wimbo_pro
06-20-2008, 08:38 AM

LOL@DaHop! How are you! Good to see you are still around, I heard you were getting kind of old and...well...you know.

Any one who doubts that LH is the team to beat (at this point) is a complete fool.

BILLYFRED0000
06-20-2008, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
Heh Defense - 'We are going to run' :p

right over you" completing the quote accurately. Both in word and in deed.

catdaddy
06-20-2008, 08:48 AM
Yes, but they run that antiquated offense.:devil: :devil: ;) ;)
Yea but a 100 year-old hammer still hurts like hell when you get hit with it!!http://tools.digeratimarketing.co.uk/content/lb/smile/fighting/fighting0076.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net)
:D

DaHop72
06-20-2008, 08:50 AM
Seems to work out ok if they keep using those 21 yr old backs! j/k :eek: :eek: OH DEER!!!!!!!! :D

DaHop72
06-20-2008, 08:52 AM
LOL@DaHop! How are you! Good to see you are still around, I heard you were getting kind of old and...well...you know.

Any one who doubts that LH is the team to beat (at this point) is a complete fool. Eight days older than dirt and still around. :devil:

:thinking: :thinking: I bet that last line in your quote gets some response.:D

bandera7
06-20-2008, 09:08 AM
LH Mom my question is how did your center return in 4 and 1/2 weeks after a torn ACL????

LH Panther Mom
06-20-2008, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by bandera7
LH Mom my question is how did your center return in 4 and 1/2 weeks after a torn ACL????
We had a bye before Rockdale....and I'm a goofball. MCL, not ACL...never can keep those CL thingys straight. :doh:

bandera7
06-20-2008, 09:14 AM
lol I was gonna say...our fullback tore his and was out for 5 months. They thought I had torn mine but it turned out to be an MCL along with something else and so I came back in 4 weeks as well.

waterboy
06-20-2008, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
Oops too late, or do you mean 3 peat. LH is the team to beat, you know they are gonna run you just can't stop it. LH is #1 until somebody knocks them off
:doh: Uuuhhh! I mean ...... eerrrrr ....... will not 3-peat!:blush: :stirpot: They will not be able to run the ball this year.:taunt: They will only start winning again when they learn to pass the ball.:taunt: :stirpot: :D

CHSVARSITYDAD
06-20-2008, 11:49 AM
It just makes me sick that Cuero could'nt schedule LH this year. That was a great game the last two years and alot of classy kids for LH that would talk to us after the games. And who needs to throw when you can run like that?

wimbo_pro
06-20-2008, 11:50 AM
Eight days older than dirt and still around. :devil:

:thinking: :thinking: I bet that last line in your quote gets some response.:D

Maybe so!! I just know that we went from possibly the weakest district last year to possibly the strongest district this year...and that rests almost completely on LH's prospects (not to take anything away from most of the other teams in our new district).

DaHop72
06-20-2008, 01:26 PM
Maybe so!! I just know that we went from possibly the weakest district last year to possibly the strongest district this year...and that rests almost completely on LH's prospects (not to take anything away from most of the other teams in our new district). It's not from your district that the comments might come from.;)

Nursebetty
06-20-2008, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by CHSVARSITYDAD
It just makes me sick that Cuero could'nt schedule LH this year. That was a great game the last two years and alot of classy kids for LH that would talk to us after the games. And who needs to throw when you can run like that?

I'm with you there...not being able to schedule LH.....man, those were some games!

BwdLions
06-20-2008, 01:39 PM

:eek: I can't believe he just posted that.

LH Panther Mom
06-20-2008, 01:42 PM
:doh: :doh: You're confused and are talking about that school kind of down the road. :p

ronwx5x
06-20-2008, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
:eek: I can't believe he just posted that.

1. Just posted that? 8:14 am. Where ya been?
2. j/k after post. Need I explain that?
3. Brock Fitzhenry from Giddings was a 19 year old senior last year and the flak ran on and on. Just piling on! Certainly not saying LH posters were the culprits!
4. I kid a lot.

:taunt: :stirpot: :taunt: :stirpot:

ronwx5x
06-20-2008, 01:46 PM
:doh: :doh: You're confused and are talking about that school kind of down the road. :p

And yes, I stay confused. :inlove:

DaHop72
06-20-2008, 01:47 PM
:doh: :doh: You're confused and are talking about that school kind of down the road. :p :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

:1popcorn: :1popcorn:

Daddy D 11
06-20-2008, 05:07 PM
I heard we have numerous incoming freshman that are 200 plus pounds and can all run 4.3 40's. Plus, our band is better than your band...

So i'm not too worried:devil:

WylieBulldog92
06-20-2008, 08:36 PM
Wow...so only about 7 or 8 starters returning? Historically, that isnt a good sign. I observed that over the years, teams that return with 11-15 or more starters are more likely to be as good or better than the year before.
I think we had a ridiculously low number this last year like 3 or 4?

duckpluck
06-20-2008, 09:51 PM
Marlowe is not 6'4"
Thats a padded stat.
I am 6'4" and he is not as tall as me. Not even close.
He is 6'2" at best.
But he is real good and that matters a lot.

87 TIGER
06-21-2008, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
I heard we have numerous incoming freshman that are 200 plus pounds and can all run 4.3 40's. Plus, our band is better than your band...

So i'm not too worried:devil: wow, pretty fast