PDA

View Full Version : MAYBE now we get a price break on gas.....

BILLYFRED0000
06-19-2008, 01:14 PM
Oil prices sank nearly $4 Thursday after the Chinese government said it would raise prices on gasoline and diesel, effectively lifting subsides that have been criticized for driving oil prices higher.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bull Butter
06-19-2008, 02:04 PM
As nice as it sounds, the oil companies will come up with another excuse for raising the price of gas yet again.

BobcatBenny
06-19-2008, 02:17 PM
As long as people are willing to pay $5 a gallon, there is no motivation to lower the price. Heck, if I were in the petro business, I would still be driving the price upwards until demand dropped off.

I bet we would pay $10 a gallon.

Supply and demand baby.

Until there is a decent/competitive alternative energy source for transportation, we are at the mercy of the petro companies.

Old Tiger
06-19-2008, 02:19 PM
people aren't willing.....a lot of times people HAVE TO

BobcatBenny
06-19-2008, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
people aren't willing.....a lot of times people HAVE TO
HAVE TO buy gasoline? There is no one that has to buy one single drop of gas.

Oh, you have to go to work? Walk.

Oh, you live too far from your job? Move or take public transportation.

Oh, there isn't any available property near your job?

... then property values increase.

Oh, your job is dependent on fuel for delivery of product? Well ... there are a lot of ways to subsidize that. Look at the airlines charging $15 for each checked luggage. We call that a shipping charge.

There are very few "HAVE TO"s in life. In reality ... life only has about 10 "HAVE TO"s ... and most of those are "SHALL NOT"s. ;)

Old Tiger
06-19-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

Oh, your job is dependent on fuel for delivery of product? Well ... there are a lot of ways to subsidize that. Look at the airlines charging $15 for each checked luggage. We call that a shipping charge.

There are very few "HAVE TO"s in life. In reality ... life only has about 10 "HAVE TO"s ... and most of those are "SHALL NOT"s. ;) My dad works in college station which is about 50 miles away from Rockdale.

We do not have the financial resources to move closer.

Rockdale doesn't have public transportation.

If you have the financial resources then by all means don't buy gas but people who HAVE TO and live pay check to pay check because of gas prices.

MN95
06-19-2008, 02:51 PM
Don't know if any of you have seen this, but pretty sensible ideas I think as a starting place to fix the problem of high gas prices:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UOpcPfAarjY

Txbroadcaster
06-19-2008, 02:53 PM

There are very few "HAVE TO"s in life. In reality ... life only has about 10 "HAVE TO"s ... and most of those are "SHALL NOT"s. ;)

That all sound great and good, but it is simply not that easy to just say ok lets move closer

BobcatBenny
06-19-2008, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
That all sound great and good, but it is simply not that easy to just say ok lets move closer
Life is simple ... wives make it very complicated. :D

Almost all of life's problems can be blamed on women! :taunt:

BILLYFRED0000
06-19-2008, 03:07 PM

In my house I find it is usually my fault. But I do love my wife. So I can live with that.

BILLYFRED0000
06-19-2008, 03:09 PM

Truth is that it is not that much of a budget cruncher yet. I spend about 350 dollars a month on fuel. This time last year I was spending 250. I got a beater that gets 35 to the gal. Last year I was driving an sts caddy. So it hurts a little but got rid of a drinker and all of the sudden it is not so bad.

DDBooger
06-19-2008, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Truth is that it is not that much of a budget cruncher yet. I spend about 350 dollars a month on fuel. This time last year I was spending 250. I got a beater that gets 35 to the gal. Last year I was driving an sts caddy. So it hurts a little but got rid of a drinker and all of the sudden it am not so bad. i hear ya, im getting closer and closer to parking the Jeep and buying a honda civic. 36 mpgs hwy and 25 city is really enticing. was with my buddy and his wife and they paid just a shade over 40 bucks to fill up, I pay over 80 :(

eppy 12
06-19-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
i hear ya, im getting closer and closer to parking the Jeep and buying a honda civic. 36 mpgs hwy and 25 city is really enticing. was with my buddy and his wife and they paid just a shade over 40 bucks to fill up, I pay over 80 :( hear that, i broke out the old saturn sl2, getting new rubber this week and 36-40 mpg.

CHS_CG
06-19-2008, 03:14 PM

WRONG.. try again... I work in College Station and if I DON'T have to run to the store or anything else I put a total of 82.5 miles a day on my car. I can't afford to move to College Station as a good day care cost around 500-600 dollars a month, nor do I have the money to pay for the rent in College Station. If I were to move over there I would be spending more money than I am now paying almost 4 dollars a gallon.

I wish it were that simple but its not. With many average American's its not a matter of we are willing to, its a matter of we have to. The corporate world knows this and is taking advantage of it, and there are very few reasonable ways to change it. Simply not using gas or using less is not reasonable for most average Americans.

Old Tiger
06-19-2008, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG

I wish it were that simple but its not. With many average American's its not a matter of we are willing to, its a matter of we have to. The corporate world knows this and is taking advantage of it, and there are very few reasonable ways to change it. Simply not using gas or using less is not reasonable for most average Americans. I cannot believe we actually agree on something.....could this be the start of something new? :inlove:

lol

DDBooger
06-19-2008, 03:15 PM
WRONG.. try again... I work in College Station and if I DON'T have to run to the store or anything else I put a total of 82.5 miles a day on my car. I can't afford to move to College Station as a good day care cost around 500-600 dollars a month, nor do I have the money to pay for the rent in College Station. If I were to move over there I would be spending more money than I am now paying almost 4 dollars a gallon.

I wish it were that simple but its not. With many average American's its not a matter of we are willing to, its a matter of we have to. The corporate world knows this and is taking advantage of it, and there are very few reasonable ways to change it. Simply not using gas or using less is not reasonable for most average Americans. shhhh you may scare the futures and inch up the gallons a cent or two! ;) haha

BobcatBenny
06-19-2008, 03:16 PM
In my house I find it is usually my fault. But I do love my wife. So I can live with that.
Well, I side tracked my own hijacking, but as much as the high gas prices hurt me too, I will still buy gas.

And ... stay married. But that is also my wife's fault. She is way too hot! :eek:

CHS_CG
06-19-2008, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I cannot believe we actually agree on something.....could this be the start of something new? :inlove:

lol

:kiss: Ya never know!

trojan37
06-19-2008, 03:20 PM
I will keep buying gas, since I live 60 miles from work and can't afford to move to Midlothian, and with stories like this (http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080619/mortgage_fraud.html) breaking today, you're probably getting screwed on your home now. Gotta love the USA.

DDBooger
06-19-2008, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
I will keep buying gas, since I live 60 miles from work and can't afford to move to Midlothian, and with stories like this (http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080619/mortgage_fraud.html) breaking today, you're probably getting screwed on your home now. Gotta love the USA. i love your sig hahahaha that's hilarious, kid looks like a mini michelen man.

BILLYFRED0000
06-19-2008, 03:27 PM
Well, I side tracked my own hijacking, but as much as the high gas prices hurt me too, I will still buy gas.

And ... stay married. But that is also my wife's fault. She is way too hot! :eek:

There ya go..... I could possibly replace mine but not for what she is worth to me. And like you my wife has the face that could launch a 1000 ships.

Old Tiger
06-19-2008, 03:28 PM
There ya go..... I could possibly replace mine but not for what she is worth to me. And like you my wife has the face that could launch a 1000 ships. In fear? j/k

BobcatBenny
06-19-2008, 03:29 PM

I wish it were that simple but its not. With many average American's its not a matter of we are willing to, its a matter of we have to. The corporate world knows this and is taking advantage of it, and there are very few reasonable ways to change it. Simply not using gas or using less is not reasonable for most average Americans.
Don't worry, I am from the government and I am here to help! :D

This is the government's new child care plan for working mothers.

http://www.childcarevouchers.co.uk/Style%20Library/Accor/Images/piggyback.jpg

Now, I may have to raise your taxes to pay for that solution, but I am sure you don't mind paying for such universal solutions! :nerd:

And ... the government did just save you $500 to $600 a month. ;)

ronwx5x
06-19-2008, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
I will keep buying gas, since I live 60 miles from work and can't afford to move to Midlothian, and with stories like this (http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080619/mortgage_fraud.html) breaking today, you're probably getting screwed on your home now. Gotta love the USA.

The guilty parties in this story appear to be lenders who loan money to people who cannot qualify without misstating their financial situation. This can be the fault of the lender but also of the borrower. Only the lender gets charged, but is the borrower not also responsible if they lied?

Secondly it also appears to also relate to money laundering schemes. These people need to go to jail, whether it be lender or borrower.

Where is the homeowner being screwed (your words, not mine)?

Bull Butter
06-20-2008, 07:15 AM
As trading begins today on Wall Street, oil is up almost $3.00/barrel:(

garciap77
06-20-2008, 07:52 AM
Give the poor oil companies a break! They only make about 4.5 cent to the gallon. It started at 8 cent but last I heard they were only making 4.5 cents. Looks like they are doing thier part. Maybe they will feel sorry and sell it at cost.;) :D

Cameron Crazy
06-20-2008, 07:54 AM
It is very nice to see these prices going down, but I think they will just slowly start rising again.

eppy 12
06-20-2008, 09:24 AM
So it hurts a little but got rid of a drinker and all of the sudden it is not so bad. so you did get that divorce?:p

ronwx5x
06-20-2008, 10:05 AM

This sounds awfully familiar. My headshake no longer even works east and west. North and south is the answer. That and "Yes maam, you are indeed correct and I was totally wrong!"
:D :D

LH Panther Mom
06-20-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
This sounds awfully familiar. My headshake no longer even works east and west. North and south is the answer. That and "Yes maam, you are indeed correct and I was totally wrong!"
:D :D
How many years did it take? :taunt:

ronwx5x
06-20-2008, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

I probably "got it" after about 25 years of marriage, but then I am slow. I have all the symptoms of ignorance, but since I did finally learn, I must not be too stupid!

I do still accidently hit hot buttons periodically, but that is truly by accident and not intended.

...................:2thumbsup :2thumbsup...........................

NastySlot
06-20-2008, 11:03 AM

then using a little of your logic....its' your fault your life is complicated...you got married....and didn' have to.

BobcatBenny
06-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
then using a little of your logic....its' your fault your life is complicated...you got married....and didn' have to.
Well, have you ever heard of hypnosis?

All of a sudden some lady snapped her fingers and I was married with children and a mortgage! :(

Definitely wasn't a "HAVE TO" ... but certainly not a conscious decision. :confused:

I WAS HYPNOTIZED!!! :D

BILLYFRED0000
06-20-2008, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

For me it was when she said she picked me. I figured it did not matter why anymore. It was her call........ And she really is a beautiful woman even now but especially when she looked at me with those beautiful blue grey eyes and said "you are just having a hard time accepting the fact that I picked you."

BILLYFRED0000
06-20-2008, 11:47 AM
Well, have you ever heard of hypnosis?

All of a sudden some lady snapped her fingers and I was married with children and a mortgage! :(

Definitely wasn't a "HAVE TO" ... but certainly not a conscious decision. :confused:

I WAS HYPNOTIZED!!! :D

I was mesmorized then brainwashed. Now I look back and cannot remember making a concious decision.

Necks_Fan
06-21-2008, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by MN95
Don't know if any of you have seen this, but pretty sensible ideas I think as a starting place to fix the problem of high gas prices:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UOpcPfAarjY Is that Newt Gingrich?